Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1685: Punny Jumper Aliases Edition

Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

pure autism

You know something that occurred to me just a few minutes ago, that perk in Weakness of Beatric that can create/manipulate magic systems would be just the ticket to turn the Dark Sun setting around!
Are there other settings that occur to you guys that could benefit in a similar way to a Jumper tinkering with how their magic system works?

>tfw Makings of a Goddesss and Perfect Partner would be amazing choices to dick around with in Bleach

I'm going to steal EVERYONE'S Zanpakutos! Well, everyone evil that is.

Kingdom Hearts would be even better.

Just walk up to Xehanort, snatch his Keyblade, then watch him get angry/confused that he can't call it back.

WHF could use magic not powered by the fecking Warp of all things.

diluted autism is for the weak

Well there is a setting but we dont have a jump for it yet. Warlock in magus world. Put a thing in that torturing and or generally being a massively evil asshole makes magic not work, bam that setting is saved so fucking easy.

There's already a setting similar to that with evil demon torture magic and asshole elves that'd be fixed similarly.

Hey Val, can we actually buy two Witchblades in the jump? Or would I have to get a Witchblade and Cloneblade combo if I wanted that?

I have a thing for being symmetrical in my outfits, so I'd probably just go with a set of Dual Cloneblades otherwise...

Oh? Which one? Commoragh?

Someone asked last thread. I think the answer was 'yes you can' and there would be some benefit or another similar to the dual cloneblade? I can't remember.

Heh, literally the first thing i ask was about double witchblades. dunno about mixing real and fake ones though. You can buy two real blades and they will fuse their armors for a boost in power and cooler looks.

Inheritance Cycle?

Oh, that's awesome. Thanks.

that's like halfway a fair criticism but at least I'm not an actual edgelord,it's not like I said "a blade made from the iron from the blood of my clan empowered by their tormented bound souls" or something.

>Dresden Files
Make it so that you don't have to completely believe in any magic you do. That should stop the corrupting effects of "black" magic. Also make it not interfere with technology if you can do that.

>DC
Make it so magic doesn't always have some major metaphysical price that makes everyone who uses it miserable.

>Type Moon
Just trash the existing system because fuck it.

>Charmed
I'm not sure how much you could affect things, but try to change how the whole Good/Evil thing works.

>Any D&D setting
Fuck Vancian magic as hard as you can, introduce a mote organic and less stupid system, and merge arcane and divine magic so that you can heal people without worshipping gods. Also maybe make it so material components are less ubiquitous – slinging around bat guano every time you want to throw a fireball is stupid.

No, it's an obscure jump.

You know even dnd does not require you to have a god for a cleric.

It seems like a lot of places try to rig it so only conplete assholes can use magic any way they want, which is just retarded.

>Jabba
Fun fact, to other Hutts, Jabba is actually considered a huge degenerate pervert for being attracted to humanoid females.

Hutts, as a rule, normally find humanoid women to be foul and ugly.

It depends on the setting. FR gods actively sabotage anyone's attempt to use Divine magic without their help.

>>Dresden Files
>Make it so that you don't have to completely believe in any magic you do. That should stop the corrupting effects of "black" magic. Also make it not interfere with technology if you can do that.
I'd agree with the second, but the first just enables people to be dicks with magic so i don't really see the point.
I'd say the laws are a good thing for the world at large and not a great hindrance to "good" magicians.

>Any D&D setting
>Fuck Vancian magic as hard as you can, introduce a mote organic and less stupid system, and merge arcane and divine magic so that you can heal people without worshipping gods. Also maybe make it so material components are less ubiquitous – slinging around bat guano every time you want to throw a fireball is stupid.
There are already ways in-setting to do that. People can learn to cast without material components, and people can also learn to cast spells not in their class.
And the only D&D setting that forces divine casters to worship a god is FR.

As for Vancian Magic being stupid, meh. Mana systems are certainly less hassle for the mages, but consider that you're also giving ALL mages a pretty significant boost with that.
And most D&D settings are full to the brim with evil asshole magic users.

Buffyverse.
From what we see in the show evil and destructive magic is really easy (and corruptive as hell) while healing magic and "white" magic is either nonexistent or requires substantial sacrifices.

The setting could really benefit from a few healing and holy/anti-demon/anti-undead spells.

>Use it to remove healing magic from all magic systems.
>Nobody can ever expect me to heal ever again.

It's pretty dumb, yeah.

>I'd agree with the second, but the first just enables people to be dicks with magic so i don't really see the point.
Gonna have to disagree. The people who are going to be massive dicks with magic already do that. And the way magic works means they just keep doing it and it creates a feedback loop where they do more and more evil stuff until they're straight up serial killing psychopaths who want to eat an entire city to become a necromantic god.

In addition, it means that most people who accidentally break the Laws (who are usually nothing more than curious kids whose power manifested and they had no idea how magic works) will be put to death even IF they could be saved because most of the Council doesn't want to take the Doom of Damocles on their shoulders and risk their life for some brat that they don't know.

It also puts the good guys (including the WARDENS whose job it is to police the asshole warlocks) at a massive disadvantage because they can't pull out some of the more powerful tricks of magic without breaking the Laws.

And to be fair, it's been implied that most of the Laws were created as a smokescreen for the Seventh.

>And the only D&D setting that forces divine casters to worship a god is FR.
Yeah, but even in the other worlds you basically have to be a religious zealot for some concept or god to use divine magic. Imagine if healing magic could be learned by corps of medics and colleges of doctor mages instead of just adventuring fanatic monks.

Asking this out of genuine curiosity and not trying to start shit. What are all the jumps that let you get planet busting or higher levels of power?

Not really, a cleric could simply have faith in the healing magic or in their empire, job, or fellow man and it would work. Just need belief.

>not trying to start shit.

Liar.

>
Asura Wrath

Desolate Era when it's finished, if you can get sufficent cultivation to reach the Celestial Immortal or Pure Yang True Immortal level.

>The people who are going to be massive dicks with magic already do that. And the way magic works means they just keep doing it and it creates a feedback loop where they do more and more evil stuff until they're straight up serial killing psychopaths who want to eat an entire city to become a necromantic god.
So change the corruption from mental to physical.
Lets see how many people are willing to use necromancy or mind control spells when it causes their flesh to rot off.

Sure, you can look over the laws and be more detailed about it, but i think the basic idea is sound.
Remove the corruption from the less fucked up uses and make the really dark stuff cause necrosis, cancer and so on.
That makes the problem of dark mages self-regulating.

>Yeah, but even in the other worlds you basically have to be a religious zealot for some concept or god to use divine magic.
I had a whole chapter half-typed out, but basically has the right idea. You also don't need to be a cleric to use divine magic, adepts, healers and archivists are also classes.
And most of them never adventure. That's just the focus of the games.

Most D&D settings don't have any shortage of healers, except in the backwoods. And that's something your approach wouldn't change.

Mahval Magic, DC Occult, Injustice with a power ring(?), GL the animated series(?).

>Injustice with a power ring(?), GL the animated series(?).
>power rings = planet bursters?
I've never heard a power ring being able to do that, user. The most impressive release of energy I've heard them being able to do is imitate a nuclear weapon and that's not enough to blow up a planet.

Well, DBZ, DBAF, and DBZ Multiverse, obviously, but also God Of High School as well.

There's a sort of implication that it can just by the fact that power rings have been able to move planets and contain exploding planets.

>So change the corruption from mental to physical.
>Let's turn children into monsters because they didn't know how their magic worked.

Warhammer Fantasy: Tomb Kings

I know in GLTAS a planet got destroyed in an earlier episode, but that was from a doomsday device not a ring.

John Stewart was framed for accidentally blowing up a planet in Justice League but it was a trick and no one ever confirmed if the rings could actually do something like that.

Also, I thought of some more.

>Dragon Age
Make it so the connection to the Fade doesn't let people get used as cockpuppets for demons. Actually I'd recommend just sealing people's connections to the Fade enough that they can't use magic (but don't lose their souls and become Tranquil) and give them access to some other system instead. Then make all of the Templars and Chantry higher-ups mages so that they're either forced to step down or admit that they're hypocrites.

>Exalted
Give mortals the ability to access as much sorcery and Charms as you can and then make it so Sorcery doesn't require you to become an entirely different person to use it.

>Star Wars
I'm not sure if the Force counts as a magic system for that perk or not, but if it does then make it so Potentium is the correct view of the Force.

>Elder Scrolls
Make it so the Thalmor can't access magic. Especially Dawn Magic.

>Harry Potter
Make all the muggles into wizards.

>Skulduggery Pleasant
Make everyone a mage. Argeddion did nothing wrong.

That might have been the power level before final crisis, but the powerlevel in the GLA cartoon and Injustice is far lower than that.
That said, power rings are able to make constructs and constructs can imitate machinery, so if you can find powerful enough planet destroying supertech and the use the ring to imitate it...

Only Dunmer should be able to wield Magicka at all

>Make all the muggles into wizards.
Okay, I really want to see that one. I'd also temporarily remove the ability to do soul magics so the Horcruxes fail. Sorry Crux

t. elvani

>So change the corruption from mental to physical.
>Lets see how many people are willing to use necromancy or mind control spells when it causes their flesh to rot off.
>Remove the corruption from the less fucked up uses and make the really dark stuff cause necrosis, cancer and so on.
>That makes the problem of dark mages self-regulating.
I like that. Evil shit is no longer a feedback loop, people trying to create zombie or mind slave armies are obvious at a glance, and you can still use the benevolent aspects of black magic like when Kumori saves the guys life by binding his soul to his body until ut can be stabilized or Molly trying to find out what happened to Lucio's mind.

>You also don't need to be a cleric to use divine magic, adepts, healers and archivists are also classes.
>And most of them never adventure. That's just the focus of the games.
Fair enough.

Also I guess Archivists basically are what I was going for anyway since they're divine casters who basically use it like wizards.

>t. elvani
Oh. I see what you did there! Good one.

It's not like the beastly races or our Nordic/Cyrodilic neighbors can do anything beyond petty parlor tricks

Dunmer are best elves, yes.

>I'd also temporarily remove the ability to do soul magics so the Horcruxes fail.
Better yet, make it so Horcruxes can only be made by performing purely altruistic heroic deeds. To become immortal, Voldy has to end hunger in Africa or something.

The council punishes any break of the laws, but the corruption is caused by intent.
It has to be deliberate.

Any "child" that wants to kill, enthrall, mindrape or zombify another gets what's coming to them.
You don't do these things by accident except maybe the first, and that still only causes corruption if you actually intended to kill with your magic.

It doesn't take years of magical education to know that that kind of stuff is bad.
The only thing that the corruption does is make sure it's also bad for the one who deserves it.

Also keep in mind that the corruption is gradual.
You have to break the laws over and over again to actually see serious effects.
And as with the above, anyone who repeatedly does those things deserves to be killed by their own magic.

John Stewart blew up Mogo during War of the Green Lanterns, when Krona took over the GLC & basically mindcontrolled everyone who didn't have some exposure to different emotional energy via wearing a different ring.

John blew up Mogo while as an Indigo Lantern channeling Black Lantern energy.

>Wanting people to be corrupted for killing with magic.
This is retarded of you. Plenty of good reasons to kill something.

The Thu'um is pretty impressive. Tonal Architecture is some crazy shit.

But then that idiot Jurgen Windcaller decided that it should only be used by a few 80 year old men for choir practice.

Hey Bancho.

If you disagree with him, try to shout him down in a debate. Oh wait....

Your grammar's looking better than usual

What're you working on nowadays, Many?

There are enough ways to kill without magic.
Just use a binding spell and shoot them.

And let me repeat for the third time, INTENT MATTERS.
If you kill someone in self defense or defense of another guess what, no corruption.

The same applies to second law (changing another). Intent matters.
If you change somebody to help them (cosmetic changes with their consent, polymorphing a cripple a new leg, whatever) you don't get corrupted.

So being willing to have dark mages die means i'm Bancho now?

Argonians are good at magic though.

>There are enough ways to kill without magic.
>Just use a binding spell and shoot them.
Then why make using the magic corruptive? You gain absolutely jack and shit by doing that except to enforce a retarded loophole that benefits and hurts nobody.

Nothing right now. I haven't found anything that's peaked my interest to make a Jump.

Correction, only female argonians have any talent for magic. And it's minor compared to other magically aligned races.

Seeing as there was concern a couple threads back that my Drop-In capstone wasn't good enough, I made changes to the upper two perks for that background.

The 400 CP perk is now a fusion of both the original 400 CP and the original 600 CP before I added in the buffs it gave to the other perks.

The 600 CP perk, following the advice I got in that earlier thread, is meant to a way to bridge stories and the real world and essentially bring stories to life. I tried to write out the rough concept in a reasonable way, but I am open to suggestions.

Please let me know what you think of my new approaches to the Drop-In perks for Haroun and the Sea of Stories.

>All Dragon Ball Jumps
>Arguably Sburb
>Marvel Magic
>DC Occult
>Dragon Maid
>Angel Notes
>Saint Seiya
>Sailor Moon
>God of High School
>Sekai Oni
>Ultraman
>All the Digimon Jumps
>Asura's Wrath (although it requires prep-time)
>Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
>Shaman King
>Toriko

Also, most sci-fi jumps have planet busting technology.

The only magical quality of the Lizards is how surprisingly sexy they are

NO
DO
NOT

You think it is possible to change the magic systems to the point where it can make them like that?

Bullshit, the only races that should have any mages are the argonians, dunmer, and possibly humans.

Fuck the khajiit.

The problem with argonian mages is they blow up as often as other mages plus are more likely to start communing with the hist non stop.

Because it's harder to get explosives than to fireball a building?
This should be obvious. Do you actually want every two-bit mage running around with the equivalent of a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo?

And why would you actually want to let genuine murderers get off scot free?
To repeat myself again - intent matters. To get corrupted from the act of killing with magic you have to commit actual murder.
Not killing in self defense, actually using your magic to deliberately end a life despite knowing it's wrong.

DO IT.

Sexy tails.

Make all mages bluemages. See if they can tank that rocket before using it.

Ok what kind of fuckery do i have to get into in order to get a black ring backed by the lady herself. because I need this nonsense in my life.

On a related note, I actually had a chain end in Skyrim recently. Jumper was the Dovakhiin and had dealings with several Princes and ultimately decided to stay after defeating Alduin and joining a war against the Thalmor.

Kinda curious about something though. Where will his soul end up? Sovngarde, with one of the Princes, or just absorbed back into Akatosh?

I don't think that Death herself backs the Black Ring? Just like the Presence wasn't actually backing the White Ring.

Just entities attuned to their concepts, but still vastly inferior.

Wonderful thing about being a Telvanni Wizard, I get to experiment with magics the Imperial Mages guild might discourage. Let's just say, after removing my loaf I left a bun in the oven.

Magic in TES is the raw essence of creation. If I can fundamentally change the magic, then who knows what I can do to one of the races made of said magic

They make bad waifus, they're always more loyal to the Hist than you.

How does your personal mecha looks like?

I know this. the black rings are backed by a crazy loser. If i am going to channel Death mojo i want the real deal.

>Because it's harder to get explosives than to fireball a building?
No it's not, sweety. It's really not.

what is this from

>using your magic to deliberately end a life despite knowing it's wrong.
>wrong
What a spook.

You go where you want to go. You're a Prisoner Hero and probably a Shezzarine besides. You decked Alduin in the schnozz. Your actions show Fate and the Gods their limits.

Wasn't it said that Akatosh got first dibs on your soul and it will always go to him?

I don't have anything that resembles my personal mecha, so here's a picture of my mecha form.

Black Rings are created by Lord of the Unliving, Nekron. He's basically never been alive because he's aspect of death that's opposed to aspect of life.

I hope you broke her mental connection to the Hist.

So in the DB jumps am I the only one collecting all the noteworthy racial choices?

fuck you, Goku.

>I get to experiment with magics the Imperial Mages guild might discourage. Let's just say, after removing my loaf I left a bun in the oven.

You got the planet pregnant?

I always liked Gundam Wings' designs, so I bought the Talgeese and have been upgrading that.

>Fuck the khajiit.
Lewd.

This has been discussed to oblivion and back on countless message boards with no solid consensus. Just fluff up your own explanation for where your soul ends up, personally I like the idea of handing out with Aela forever in the Hunting grounds or ascending to godhood like Tiber Septim.

Nope I've been doing that as well.

Just go to the Grimdark Alice in Wonderland, pick up corruption immunity. Then murder and raise the dead to your hearts content

How powerful can a Mortal Practitioner get in Dresden magic?

Not really, explosives are shit easy to get.

>Fuck the khajiit.
>Lewd.

Please don't, I still feel like a cuck after Yorokonde got with Katia

>Because it's harder to get explosives than to fireball a building?
Not really. Harry's one of the top 30-40 most powerful wizards in the world at the start of the series and he didn't have enough magic to blow up a damn building. Even the exploding hearts thing that Victor was doing would have drained him dry on one person.

It's really cheaper and easier for rhe vast majority of Dresden mages to just shoot someone with a gun if they want them dead or take a match and a cup of gasoline to burn down a building.

Feh! He's a wannabe in every sense. can't even get his own name.

There is a ritual to summon her, but apparently intent is the key. So summon her and then ask her. It'll probably be easier if you already have a black ring or another power ring on hand.
You might want to appeal to her whimsy rather than an actual need she has; she's pretty chill about people avoiding death since it is inevitable that they'll die anyway, so she doesn't need servants to make sure people die when they are killed.

Everyone give me your REEE!

There are several Dragonborns in Sovngarde when you go there.

I can sympathise with that.

~waving my hands in the air like I just don't care~
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Save the world Goku. Defeat Majin Buu!!!
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

When was this, I thought Yoroko only had Raven as his waifu?

>or ascending to godhood like Tiber Septim.
How? He took up the slot of the only dead god, right? Mantling anyone else will just make you pretty much a copy of them like the CoC with Sheogorath.