/gggg/ General general general general

Who is your favourite general? Mine is Sherman. Any good systems for recreating his glorious March?

> You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day than any of you to secure peace. But you cannot have peace and a division of our country. [...] I want peace, and believe it can only be reached through union and war, and I will ever conduct war with a view to perfect and early success. But, my dear sirs, when peace does come, you may call on me for anything. Then will I share with you the last cracker, and watch with you to shield your homes and families against danger from every quarter.

Patrician.

Other urls found in this thread:

thegamecrafter.com/games/sherman-s-march
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That guy was a complete faggot. Nothing but a barbarian savage raping and murdering everything in his path.
It's one thing to beat your enemy in a military engagement, it's another to pillage everything

Incorrect.

>but you cannot have peace and a division of our country
Bullshit, you totally could have two Americas

Wow. Amazing rebuttal. Holy shit I'm now convinced this complete degenerate heathen barbarian is the best person everywhere.
Damn, I thought killing, raping and pillaging everything in your path, and those victims your so-called countrymen to boot, was a bad thing.
Thanks for that well thought out response that completely changed my mind

Anyway this is not the thread to debate the merits of American Hero General William Tecumseh Sherman. This is a thread to discuss games. What wargame or RPG would be best for playing his Glorious March against the slave-owners?

>slave owners
So your saying that his march affected only the 2% of those in the south that owned slaves?
Wow. Another amazing post

t. butthurt neo-Nazi

"We looked upon General Sherman, prior to his arrival, as a man, in the providence of God, specially set apart to accomplish this work, and we unanimously felt inexpressible gratitude to him, looking upon him as a man that should be honored for the faithful performance of his duty. Some of us called upon him immediately upon his arrival, and it is probable he did not meet [Secretary Stanton] with more courtesy than he met us. His conduct and deportment toward us characterized him as a friend and a gentleman"

>t. butthurt neo-Nazi
kek
Try harder alt-left thug. My disagreement doesn't make me a Nazi, but I'm pretty sure you're a commie loving faggot LARPing antifapuss.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

>one thing to beat your enemy in a military engagement, it's another to pillage everything

If you do not strike at your enemies industry or economy, you only prolong tragedy and suffering. The cost of farmhouses are far less than human lives.

The south is just bitter because he figured out their game and burned them back into the stone age while crushing their morale.

This guy gets it. Sherman is a hero. His choices helped end the war, end slavery, AND save the union "so that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Heroism on this scale is perfect material for tabletop gaming.

>this thread
>so much samefaggotry
low level /pol/tier b8 threads like this are why Veeky Forums can't have nice things.... that and 50 fucking separate threads about FagHammer40k going at any given time

No, seriously, I'm trying to Google wargames about Sherman but all the results are about the tank.

why do you subhuman anti white shills think thay can shill on Veeky Forums?

This guy wars

Shoo shoo, back to /pol/ with you.

not your safespace, cuck

>pro-union is anti-white

Sure thing secessionist, complain how it isn't your country because we don't do everything you say.

This is why we should had left books in the south after burning it to the ground. The victim complex is real.

Sherman fucking rocks. The confederates totally deserved what they got. They wanted a war, so they got a war.

And if California tries seceding, they'll get a taste of Sherman, too.

While I love Sherman, Moshe Dayan was great, too. And how can we forget Wellington?

Wild West Exodus did him justice.

They're pretty sad, aren't they?

Hey OP, here's a free wargame about that wonderful march:

thegamecrafter.com/games/sherman-s-march

Wild West Exodus.
He comes in the two player started set along with U.S. Grant!

Whoa, I'd never heard of Moshe Dayan, he does indeed sound awesome.

I'll check these out, thanks!

Southcuck detected

>says that other habe a victim complex
>call anyone who isn't an anti white cuck is a nazis

My favourite is Washington.

Just the fact that he kept the revolution together through Valley Forge is a miracle, nevermind the rest of the Revolution.

Though he lost more battles than he won, even his defeats are interesting to analyze. From a purely strategic standpoint I probably have other favourites but to me Washington is the most interesting psychologically, politically, and historically.

Cucks worship niggers, you are a cuckold

I'd agree with that. He was a slave-owner, and that's a blight on his character (as he'd surely admit if he lived today) but his heroism, charisma, and amazing generalship founded a Union that would go on to defeat slavery and fascism and communism. He did so much with so relatively little!

(And so, despite the fever-dreams of neo-Nazis, his statues stay up!)

>that pic
I call bs

Posting racism is a violation of Veeky Forums Global Rule 3.

Above all else, there will always be Austerlitz.

Not your safespace, you anti white faggot

Not even the guy you're taddling on, but user... stfu you god damned pansy

Meh. It's a good rule and ought to be enforced, at least for the most egregious posts like
Otherwise it shit up threads.