/bgg/ Board Games General: 'Rules Friendly' edition

The new and gloriously improved (one link replaced with another) Pastebin:

pastebin.com/aWmbgN7K

The 'rules friendly' /bgg/ edition

> What game(s) do you own that have the best written and/or easiest to teach rules?

> What game(s) do you own that have the worst written / layed out rules, or rules that are a pain to teach?

> Are there games you would not buy because the rules have a reputation for being awful?

> What game do you own / have played that has caused the greatest amount of disagreement about the rules?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0558/2081/files/TTIaO31_Rules.pdf
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/172047/others
imgur.com/a/kfzt2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RRRRREEEEEEEEEE

But user, only total faggots like MAP (Minimum Acceptable Pricing). You work for ANA don't you...

Got into a really big argument about what exactly constitutes a deal and what is just talking/haggling in Sherrif of Nottingham.

Turns out the huge argument could have all been avoided because I read the FAQ/Errata on boardgamegeeks, and it described the same exact problem/situation and how to solve it.

Its still a great game that we all like to play, but for some reason the first time we played it, the owner didn't even read the rules so as we played the game we skimmed it. Turns out lots of shit we did was wrong (like how penalties are paid and which goods go through if the Sheriff finds contraband), so I have to be that rules asshole and show them the real rule and instance, because we played it wrong for so many games.

>Screeches without linking map

Good show, chap.

>What game(s) do you own that have the best written and/or easiest to teach rules?
Arcane Academy is a dream to teach. It doesn't look like a stupidly simple game but everyone seems to wrap their heads around it FAST.

> What game(s) do you own that have the worst written / layed out rules, or rules that are a pain to teach?
Vast: the Crystal Caverns. It's not really Vast's fault since it's sort of five games in one and the rulebook is through, but when the player aid is a double-sided 8.5x11 sheet...

> Are there games you would not buy because the rules have a reputation for being awful?
Oddly enough, no. Just means I haven't head of any yet.

> What game do you own / have played that has caused the greatest amount of disagreement about the rules?
/bgg/ related, so not Magic: the Gathering? TI3. It's just so damn complex and there's a lot of asymmetry. Plus its long and interactive so something will come up somewhere. The worst complexity:Confusion ratio is probably Miskatonic School for Girls, though. Everyone likes that game but for some reason the same group that can get through Dead of Winter, EDH Magic, and basically whatever new thing I throw them without issue can never remember how the purchasing works nor how having class functions. (Protip: It's REALLY FUCKING SIMPLE in both cases.)

This is why I always try and find out in advance how many players are coming so I can prep the rules for a couple of games. It's easier playing stuff that we've already played, but I don't want to play the same things forever. It's damn difficult to get anyone else to read rules in advance.

>no map
>no previous thread

jesus chist user do you hate anime so much you can't even be bothered to take 2 seconds and do this shit right?

>Arcane Academy

I might have to look into that one.

>Vast
Yeah, I own that one, but haven't had a chance to sit down and really dig into the rules.

I've heard from multiple people about the train-wreck of a rules system that was Myth. I gather that the '2nd Edition' fixed some of the more egregious issues, but still wasn't fantastic.

> but when the player aid is a double-sided 8.5x11 sheet...

My 'Dead of Winter' sheets are like that. :)

> Miskatonic School for Girls

Man, I haven't played that in a long time - a friend bought it when it first came out. And it was a fairly straight forward system. Nothing quite like sticking your friends with the truly awful teachers.

>What game(s) do you own that have the best written and/or easiest to teach rules?
Not counting absurdly light games like teaching Onitama, I'm impressed everyone tends to understand Seasons right away. I've got teaching that nailed down. Despite having to make major decisions from the start with the opening draft, the simple player phases make a fairly mid weight game simple to jump into.

>What game(s) do you own that have the worst written / layed out rules, or rules that are a pain to teach?
Star Wars Rebellion. I hate when a game makes the "advanced" game so obviously the full game and tries to detail it as a mod to the tutorial rules. They put the tutorial game for 90% of the rulebook and then when they get to the advanced rules it's like 3 pages. One of which is setup rules that instead of being full setup rules just say "Now go back to the tutorial setup rules and instead of doing step 3, do this and don't do this at step 5 and fuck yourself at step 7". There's so many different steps and you just have to keep flipping back and forth. It's like they expect you to have setup memorized after 1 play
>Are there games you would not buy because the rules have a reputation for being awful?
Nothing I can think of. It's usually a problem I run face first into.

>What game do you own / have played that has caused the greatest amount of disagreement about the rules?
There are rules that in my poor reading ability I've botched before. I missed our first play of Mansions of Madness how moving works which made the game advance at a snails pace. In Terraforming Mars I didn't notice that you only gain a victory point from forests because it increases air which lead to wild tree growing for point farming. Those both are my own fault however.
My group tends to be too methodical for games with a "don't be too obvious" social rule. Codenames tends to cause an argument. The Grizzled I'm afraid would cause an argument too.

> What game(s) do you own that have the best written rules?
I don't really remember reading any rules and going "this is amazing!"

> easiest to teach rules?
Roll for the Galaxy, Evolution, 7 Wonders. A lot of it is in the teacher though- so many awful teachers out there.

> What game(s) do you own that have the worst written rules?
Adventure Time Card Wars. Seriously 60% of the rules are buried in the examples, never expressed as rules and have to be inferred, occasionally from an illustration not the text. At least some things have to be guessed at because not a single word or example exists.

> / layed out rules, or rules that are a pain to teach?
Yashima

Nope. Never.

> What game do you own / greatest amount of disagreement about the rules?
51st State because we didn't play my copy and I trusted someone else to get it right. I argued in game that some things didn't make sense and afterwards reviewed some youtubes and found out it was completely wrong. The rulebook fwiw was not helpful-clarifying anything during game- like you couldn't just pick it up and flip to something and "ah open production does produce like normal production" during the game.

> / have played greatest disagreement?
Anything with my dad because he willfully misundersands, misinterprits or forgets rules as it suits him.

>No dad even though the development says "Instantly get X" on the text you don't get X just because you put the card on your development stack, you have to actually develop it into your tableau.

Thankfully the Roll rules are clear. I could just point to where it said "you only get things when you place tiles in your tableau" and point to it to support my position. But seriously, every single game no matter how many times he has played.

Also, OP, what is your favorite sushi type / cats name / best material to cover your game table / play on?

>Roll for the Galaxy, Evolution, 7 Wonders

Don't own evolution, but I think some games are just easier to catch onto conceptually. I may be playing both 7 Wonders and Roll tomorrow in fact. I like both, and one of my group asked specifically for Roll.

> 51st State - The rule book fwiw was not helpful-clarifying anything during game.

This is just frustrating, though apparently not as as bad as Card Wars.

> willfully misundersands, misinterprits or forgets rules as it suits him.

That is such a shitty thing to do - particularly when you're gaming with family. If anyone in my group tried this repeatedly, they would be uninvited in an instant. But I get that when it's family it can create more problems than it solves.

Also, OP, what is your favorite sushi type / cats name / best material to cover your game table / play on?

Spicy Tuna Rolls, Hamachi (Yellow Tail), Dragon Rolls, etc, but I'll try damn near anything. We have a cat called "Buster Keaton" (after the actor) because said cat is funny and fearless. He just walks up and flops over on our large dogs when they're sleeping (Boxer and Great Pyrenees) who look at me like "Dude WTF?" and then put up with Buster. As for gaming table material - I'm partial to the rubber backed neoprene stuff like mouse pads are made of. It's soft, less noise when rolling dice, and still helps hold the board in place if someone jostles the table while we're gaming.

Probably because it's not really a "lifestyle" bluffing game. Most people in the BGG community want a game like BSG or Avalon or Secret Hitler that you can really game the system of hard, build up conventions among you, learn your friends, and struggle your way to a skilled victory.

Secrets is more of a ONUW, Mascarade, Mafia de Cuba kinda bluffing game. It's quirky and bananas and while you can totally game it, it presents itself as far more casual and silly than that - a game where you can't read an opponent because they don't even know who they are, a game where decisions are made purely out of fun-factor sometimes.

That said, I said it presents that way, not that it actually is that way. I think it looks far sillier than it is. If you game this game, I am of the opinion that you will be just as capable at dominating via skill as you would be in any "serious" game.

Also, it's still new. The ratings always start low.

I only played with 6 and 7 players, about equal amounts of each. I think I liked 7 better, but only because all odd-numbered counts get two Hippies instead of 1, and I appreciate what the role of Hippie does for this game tremendously.

(If one ends the game with less points than any other person at the whole table, they instantly win alone. Always puts everyone on their toes.)

I also enjoy that 7+ players start the game by all getting to look at the center chip, because that feels empowering, starting with three data points instead of just two. It also allows the first few turns to start more confidently and give everyone a role to track when the Diplomat, who interacts with the center, is played.

Otherwise, I feel like both operated similarly enough. I don't know if it plays well at 4-5, which would certainly be valuable to know! Nor do I know higher than 7. But I think I'd intentionally go for 7 next time I play. Being able to see the center chip and getting those extra Hippies are both great, great bonuses for me.

Lanterns is my bf's favorite, I'm not a mega fan myself, but with the expansion, I do like it.

It's simple but surprisingly cerebral. It's the sort of game where denying is half the strategy, and if you let even one wrong card slip through, you may hand them the game. The actual goal is very simple, just exchange stuff for points. Constantly. Not enough moving parts for me, it's almost abstract in its simplicity. The expansion adds some euro-y multiple-paths goodness - it's the only way I'll play it.

Closest comparison to another game I can make is Jaipur. It's like Jaipur only quirky and spatial.

Unless you play with 3 or 4. At anything but 2, the luck factor raises significantly as you can't deny everyone at once, and the game suffers, imo.

Probably best for couples who both enjoy Zen games.

> What game(s) do you own that have the best written and/or easiest to teach rules?
Everything published by Tuesday Knight games, their rulebooks are legendarily well made, I actually feel confident sitting down with one and learning the game in 5 minutes with no help.

Mint Works is literally so completely unintelligible that pretty much everyone who owns it comments on how without Rahdo, nobody in the whole world would know how to play it.

Libertalia. That rulebook needs tons and tons of errata. Has none. Not one.

Lords of Waterdeep, I would say. The writing is really just sort of passable, but teaching the game is unbelievably easy.

>What game(s) do you own that have the worst written / layed out rules, or rules that are a pain to teach?

Arkham fucking Horror. Jesus christ that game. The rulebook is ass cancer and the game itself is just such a clusterfuck of disparate arbitrary subsystems and upkeep.

Android's rulebook is also a goddamn nightmare, and that game's actually harder to teach because even with the strategy cards the learning curve is still fucked, and if you don't understand the strat you just aren't really playing the game at all.

>Are there games you would not buy because the rules have a reputation for being awful?

No, I avoid games because the game is awful, not because the rulebook is shit.

>What game do you own / have played that has caused the greatest amount of disagreement about the rules?

The new Star Wars Risk. We had to implement patches and houserules until the creators clarified stuff on BGG.

>> What game(s) do you own that have the worst written / layed out rules, or rules that are a pain to teach?
The rules for Space Hulk: Death Angel are fucking horrific. Loads of referring further into the rulebook at the start, and referring backwards at the end.

just read the middle

>Everything published by Tuesday Knight games, their rule books are legendarily well made...

Hmmm, I've never heard of them that I recall. Thanks user, time to do some research.

> Mint Works ... without Rahdo, nobody in the whole world would know how to play it.

OK, that's funny and messed up. Rahdo is usually pretty ADD when it comes to his chaotic rules explanations. But I can't poke to much fun at Rahdo, his video did help sell me on Helionox.

> Arkham...

The stuff of memes. So many memes.

> Netrunner

I so want to teach this to my group because we'll be able to play casually without the whole net-decking competitive shiz (I hope) since I have a ton of the expansions and no one else will really need to invest in it.

> No, I avoid games because the game is awful, not because the rulebook is shit.

That's WAY TO LOGICAL! Guards! GUARDS!!! He's not one of us! ;)

On the plus side with Death Angle, I think there are some good player aids for it on Board Game Geek.

>Family reunion this weekend
>Load the car up with games
>Leave guns home
>Everyone wants to go shooting
FAK

STEEV! What have we told you about bringing board games to a gun fight?

Dayum! Board Gaming and Fire Arms? Couldn't you find a less expensive 2nd hobby? You know, something more reasonable like collecting yachts and high end sports cars.

I'm in Idaho, man. It's basically a condition of citizenship.

That may be so, but I'm pretty certain that when there are two dudes standing out in the middle of the street at high noon facing off against each other and someone yells "Draw!" - they aren't talking about Telestrations...

I'm actually pretty annoyed, I own two guns I haven't even shot yet, and the cousins brought a case of tannerite exploding targets.

On the plus side a bunch did stay up until almost 2am playing Kenjin and King of Tokyo last night. Without firearms.

>That pic...
Heterochromia where?
I feel cheated, sad and confused.
Officially triggered.

What? I didn't think so

Rulebook is online.

cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0558/2081/files/TTIaO31_Rules.pdf

Anyone played Banner Saga: Warbands? Miniature-driven shovelware or is there an actual game?

This game suuuucks.

It's the kind of game which planning and thought, but all the planning is thrown out by missions which kill dudes on the map. Dudes on the map give you control of a region for next round, where you will gain shit for free when other people use spaces in those regions. Going after everyone else gives you a huge advantage because it lets you clinch a vital region, or even use those kill cards to gain control of multiple regions over turns. Bidding money between rounds gives you access to ally cards which let you defer doing the important shit (placing your dudes) while fucking the opponent up. Regions are easily gained in the beginning, but change control seldom.

All in all, this card game has an odd dual problem: the leader will snowball ahead of everyone, but also the take that mechanics cause everyone who isn't snowballing to act out the Munchkin second-place-wins scenario, and putting shit in the blind cases doesn't fix this because a fair memory allows you to keep track of roughly who's got how much money.

Oh, and I forgot to add that it's ridiculously over-produced. This game would be easier to grok at a glance with simple colored wooden cubes, cylinders, and meeples, but of course the theme is what the game is selling.
I only have room for one over-produced bullshit game in my life.

TI4?

I haven't decided what I'll do about 4. If I get away with it I'll probably call ANA and ask for "replacement" stuff I can use to upgrade 3 to 4.

What guns? I bought a Beretta 92FS over a year ago and still haven't fired it. Tannerite is a lot of fun.

Just found a new copy of Shards of the Throne for $99. Fucking score. Going to a cabin with friends for a few nights to check out the rennaisance fair, so I think I'm gonna take a night to pop our TI3 cherry.

I was thinking about hauling out my CZ75b and CZ550 FS, neither have seen a single round in way too long. And maybe my izmash biathalon rifle for some .22 plinking.

>Without firearms

Casuals

I just started getting interested into boardgames and Im trying to remember the name of one some guy showed me a few years ago. I know its not "Cthulhu Wars" or "the Others: 7 Sins".
It might be Chaos of The Old World but im still unsure.

>very dark theme involving gods or the 7 deadly sins
>very detailed artwork on cards and miniatures, almost w40k like.
>pretty sure up to 7 players
>one character seemed to be female and embodied lust and torture, etc. while others resembled death, plagues, demons, and so on
>seemed pretty elaborate, id say 2-4 hour games.

I know those seem kinda vague but its all I really remember. anyone have any ideas or should i just stick with Chaos in the old world?

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/172047/others

it not that one, i checked. Im pretty sure in the game I mentioned you play AS the 7 sins or gods the conquer the entire world or realm or whatever it is.

I have a very important question. How do we turn Candyland into a euro while still keeping the core mechanic?

>Netrunner

No, Netrunner's rulebook is just fine, I said ANDROID.

Define the core mechanic you want to keep.

Well, in that case I'm glad. Thanks for the update.

>It might be Chaos of The Old World but im still unsure.

CitOW only plays 4 (5 if you have the Horned Rat expansion).

Tokaido

>> What game(s) do you own that have the best written and/or easiest to teach rules?
Thanks to the use of tablet, I can explain Mansions of Madness 2nd edition in 5 minutes. Some questions will arise during gameplay but the game can be sufficiently explained in that time to start playing.
>> What game(s) do you own that have the worst written / layed out rules, or rules that are a pain to teach?
Probably Earth Reborn. I tried learning the game 5 times and I've pretty much given up now. If there's anyone in the south SF bay area willing to teach me the game, I'd jump on that opportunity in an instant.
>> Are there games you would not buy because the rules have a reputation for being awful?
Fallen City of Karez. I've played it once and it could be a good game but the rules are just a mess.
>> What game do you own / have played that has caused the greatest amount of disagreement about the rules?
Robinson Crusoe. So many tiny details it's easy to overlook and they're spread all over the rulebook.

give a man who loves Mage Knight and Mage Knight alone some board game suggestions

Check out the player handbooks on bgg.com, they have made some pretty great rule changes while keeping everything about the game intact. Haven't tried it out myself though.

Mage knight expsnsions

You mean the Director's Cut rules?

I like Android as it is just fine, warts and all. While the mechanics have weird interactions with the theme, I love the player interactions they create. I just wish it wasn't such an absolute beast to teach.

Arkham Horror is a game I regret. I enormously prefer Eldritch Horror, and Arkham Horror: The Card Game blows both completely out of the water. Android is a game I genuinely love, I just wish it would stop hitting me whenever it drinks too much, which is all the time.

I suggest you go play Mage Knight.

i have all of them plus star trek frontiers

i want to play a different game at some point though

is the BSG board game good?

I like the directors cut rules, but I also greatly respect the base rule set, while acknowledging things are not intuitive. There is no other game like it on the market, so having directors cut rules is almost like two seperate games for me.

Probably one of the best long-form traitor mechanic games on the market. Long form meaning its got meat on its bones, and isn't straight-forward traitor mechanic like werewolf or deception or anything. I wish I could get my group to play it more, because I like it a lot.

does it need the Pegasus expansion to be good?

Honestly I have no idea, I've only played the base game. I think that with just the base set you can adjust the difficulty pretty well by changing the starting resource values. If I ever played with my group again I'd give the humans extra resources in order to force the cylons to be more aggressive. I know for a fact though that pegasus expansion changes some rules (like there is an overlay for colonial one or something to change their abilities). Its my impression that yes it will make the game better, but the base game is pretty great on its own. Play it with your friends and if they like it and want to play more it would be a good investment.

renegade is/ was on ks and made by ricky royal who does great mage knight videos. its very similar to mage knight in every way but theme and i think its only co op

ill say my group and i have only played the base game and we love it. you will see the same cards over and over again even in one playthrough so i could see that annoying some players but there is still a ton of depth and opportunities for subtle deception that i would say its the favorite game in my group.

this last part might be really opinionated, but i dont see why anyone would buy dead of winter when bsg exists outside of theme preference. i think dead of winter is inferior in every possible way (again, excluding theme)

As co-op traitor games go, it's the frontrunner for "literal best game in the genre". Even when the traitor's an incompetent fuckup it's good.

The downside is that it takes hours, usually about 3, not including setup. Games like Dead of Winter and Dark Moon take various compromise approaches to try and imitate BSG in a much shorter time frame, to varying degrees of success.

Lords of Xidit is probably the easiest non-20 minute game I can teach. It's surprising how fast it is to teach, how simple the game is and how strategic the game turns out to be.

Imperial Settlers has, I think, one of the clearest rule books.
Hands down Ghost Stories. The rulebook is attrocious, you can't find anything the rules don't seem to be organized in any way that can by understood by the human mind.

Both War of the Ring and StarCraft are hard to teach - they're not hard per se
they just have a lot of interacting rules and it's easy to get overwhelmed.
Bad/complicated rules => bad game. If it's only about presentation (like Ghost Stories) I wouldn't mind.

Recenl Portal Game's releases spring to mind wrt badly written rules. I wouldn't touch Cry Havoc with a very tall Pole because of the shitty rules.

Scan of all the 17 Twilight Imperium 4th races, front and back (with background)
imgur.com/a/kfzt2

I really hate what they have done with Winnu, basically they are the race that's only good at taking Mecatol Rex... Let's see how important it is according to objectives

They also have a racial tech to swap influence and resources (the Yin racial in 3rd edition) so yeah, they went from a race that was techy and competent at everything to "those MR guys"

Oh boy, let's make destroyers even *more* powerful.

How so? They have the exact same stat line as in TI3, and they cna upgrade their combat roll and their barrage - again as in TI3

It's been so long I've played that I've forgotten that destroyers already make the anti-fighter barrage.

Although I'm sure that the Arborec got a huge fucking nerf.

And I think the Letnev and the Yin got a slight buff.

They are exactly the same, but from the rules it seems that units in a system pool their produciton, meaning that 2 ground forces now can produce another 2 for just 1 resource.
It also sems like units with production can move/invade/land and produce and that's a huge fucking deal for Arborec; in Ti3 they were a slowass race that usually could be stopped dead or rebuffed before it got its economy going, now they can invade your shit and set up shop in the same action.
The Letnev sure did, the L1z1x I'm not sure. They were kind of garbage in expansionless TI3, I guess it depends on how their racial techs were converted.

Oh fugg, I didn't see that the infantry had the production.
I coulda sworn they flat couldn't produce but their ground dudes doubled every round.

bump

neat

>grok
>meeples

kill urself my dude

ded thread

more like bored games hyuk hyuk

I'm skimming through the BGG gencon interviews.

It seems Modiphius isnt communicating about siege of the citadel AT ALL which worries the shit out of me as a backer.

Other than that I'm not seeing anything that screams "gotta get that shit"

Is Space Alert good?

How much is too much?

I dunno man, I'm sure even if it was half the size, it'd still look ginormous compared to these figures. Seems like a waste... and a nightmare to store that shit.

At what point do you display a mini rather than store it? Make it big enough and it becomes a decoractive piece.

Is there anything in TI3 that needed to be fixed? Is TI4 even necessary?

At that point right there. But then again I have my painted fleet captain stuff on display...

I need room for my lego, kamen riders, transformers and monster high dolls. You're going in the closet, dragon.

>lego
>kamen riders
>transformers
>monster high dolls
>all those as decoration

Sounds like that dragon will keep you company in the closet.

Love Letter, Ankh Morpork, Shadow Hunters
Dilbert: Corporate Shuffle (too busy being "funny" to explain shit) or Rule of Alchemist (genuine A WINNER IS YOU-level crap. I wish I was kidding)
Myth
Munchkin

>Letnev
>Garbage

Naga don't know about double docking the Letnev home system for EXTREME production.

I was talking about the L1z1x mate. Even if they got a very good HS too.
Speaking of which...
The thing this game didn't need was a Sardakk N'orr nerf. That +1 to combat wasn't relaly considered threatening by anyone who could bring fancy techs to bear and now they have to play catchup on the reds too.

Oh, and My Dwarves Can Fly had a pretty bad rulebook. Most of the game is focused on combat, and it doesn't really explain how combat works

Maybe they let them keep that broken racial tech in compensation

Yeah the combat which they didn't touch

How would you replace dice combat with another system? Would you use cards? Static values? Twister board?

Way too broad a question. Are you talking about designing a game from the ground up or modifying an existing one? How does the existing one work? How much of the rest of the game do you want to have to change?

Munchkin is definitely on the list. It captured many of the people that tried it with me. Bang! is the absolute winner for me, but people tend to get pissed at it.

>What game(s) do you own that have th
e worst written / layed out rules, or rules that are a pain to teach?

I would say Arkham Horror, but considered that before buying expansions I could manage to play a decent game, I guess it is alright for me if vanilla. Now, Tänhauser, that's a complete mess: some item descriptions are missing, and the few tgat are fully detailed make the game something of "who shoots first wins the game."

Secret Hitler, definitely. It always ends in shouting because we can never agree if the voting is only to elect the chancellor or for pick laws as well. The fact that more than not the Hitler player doesn't benefit from secrecy for real doesn't help as well

>munchkin has great rules
>secret hitler has confusing and divisive rules
What the hell, does your whole group have brain tumors?

No, but it has a couple of shit bluffers that try to cover it by trash-talking, then proceed to reee when the game gets cut short either because the fascists thumb their noses and elect Hitler by fooling them in saying "Ja" or the Liberals can outright declare who's who.

Bump

>two official expansions that replace some components and rules as well as an unofficial fan made balance patch/rules tweak

What do you think?

Top kek.

I've been working on "weaponized" candyland. I'd be further but my kids lost some pieces and it kind of interferes with playtesting.

do you also only like one song?

maybe tell us some games you played, didn't like and why (and please not "well because it wasn't mage knight")

why are the mini minis three to a base

Strength in numbers

Typically multiple figures on a base represents a unit rather than an individual or hero.

Such a good day - got in a longer 7 player game of Citadels with lots of trash talking. Our 'unfortunate' player managed to assassinate both his fiance (twice!) and his mother. We might as well start calling him 'Mr Stink-eye' since he was on the receiving end of an awful lot of it again this game. I won that game as I was the first 8 districts, as well as having all 5 colors, and I had a number of high point districts. At least this game the assassinations were more spread out, and people are finally starting to catch on to the core strategies.

We also played 5 or 6 'four player' games of Fairy Tale. Good game with some interesting choices. The player who won our first game went on to win all of the rest of them. Solid game and a lot of fun. I just couldn't catch a break on the combo cards, but am looking forward to playing it again.