Exalted General

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

Question: What's your weirdest Exigent-idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/otjvdgewlfcnc13/Anathema.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=sBUWLMbuTgo
youtu.be/OdHaUwf859Y?t=13m31s
youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone have a link to the Anathema program that works? The link in the OP refuses to load the download page properly, just giving a file not found error.

Yeah, Anathema for 2e is dead. Try this link.

mediafire.com/file/otjvdgewlfcnc13/Anathema.rar

Anyone get a chance to copy/write down the Warstrider previews from Gencon?

Can eclipse caste oaths carry over reincarnations?

So what do you guys think of the new Limit Trigger system, where you don't have a set limit break but get one that's narrative appropriate? Do you have any stories of limit breaking?

In warstrider news, someone from Gencon has given more information about a Warstrider he saw.

- It has 5x -0, 10x -1, 10x -2, -4, and Incap HL's

- The first evocation it has allows you to roll your current initiative when hit with a decisive attack and add that amount of hardness to your warstrider, losing only the amount of initiative equal to the hardness gained.

Better than the old system. But I don't think anyone liked the old system what with it's "perfectly fine and then sudden, explosive retardation that looks funny to literally anyone with half a brain".

Is everyone in that tutorial thing gay?

>is everyone in Exalted gay
No, but pretty much everybody is bi to some degree.

I could have sworn that, at some point, Mists of Eventide received either official or unofficial errata to not be the thing that it is. Did I dream this? Is it really still "you crash you lose: somnambulant puppet edition"?

Assuming that it is, it activates if you're crashed "while suffering its effects" - as a gas, that means pretty much if you're in it at all unless you've got special circumstances or you roll well enough to nuke its duration to 0, yes?

Was specifically referring to the 2e tutorial up there, where the MC, her several wives, and the earth dragon blooded are all lesbians with no interest in men, while all the guys seem to be gay (especially the king who replaces the guys in the court with women so he won't be tempted). Like, really, how do they manage to have babies?

Neomah.

When you poison a battlegroup with gas or a big tub of arsenic or whatever, what happens? Their Initiative doesn't change ever, right?

>Like, really, how do they manage to have babies?

In the Realm at least, due to the necessities of politik and breeding new Dragonbloods, sex has nothing to do with attraction. Individuals with good pedigree's get studded or mare'd out by their families, marriages are strictly political. Homosexuality is actually seen as being advantageous because you can't accidentally a bastard that fucks with dynastic politics.

What books/movies/etc would you suggest for getting a feel on the First Age?

Lots of Light, Quantum Thief, Neuromancer

Lord of Light, you mean?

Yes

It fits much better with the lore of Solars. The old system was obvious as hell because your solars would snap between normal and baby eating monster.

What happened to a Solar's/an Exalted's holdings when one passed away in the First Age?

It varied with the asset. The lands owned by the previous holder of your Exaltation would normally be yours to rule as you see fit, as well as the Dragon-Blooded house that serves keepers of your Exaltation. Anything else is returned to the Deliberative's ownership upon death, unless the contrary was outlined in a last will and testament.

It's weaker in the core book than it is in the link, requiring you spend one point of WP per person controlled.

>that means pretty much if you're in it at all unless you've got special circumstances or you roll well enough to nuke its duration to 0, yes?

Basically, yes.

Only this bit from the last thread:

- Warstriders cost 15 motes to attune
- Artifact 5 or N/A
- Require a Greater Hearthstone to power
- -3 penalty to physical actions if you do not have the right lore and athletics specialization for your 'strider
- Counts as Heavy Armor for the purposes of Martial Arts
- Things that modify your personal strength, soak, armor etc do not affect the 'strider
- Things that modify things like non-personal armor rating, soak, attack, damage, etc. still work
- Warstrider weapons all use Artifact Weapon stats due to being YUUUUGE
- Gain a -4 penalty to attack and spot human-sized targets
- Have the Legendary Size merit (reference the T-Rex)
- Can reflexively attack terrain or battle-groups once per turn
- Warstrider's strength rating is based on your strength rating, but it's always buffed (i.e. Str5 -> Str10 while Str1 -> Str 6 or something? Table to reference.)
- Warstriders have their own damage track, soak and hardness
- The Pilot is not normally attack-able while inside, outside of a specific Gambit
- Gains a +2 speed bonus
- Does not roll to disengage from human-sized or smaller opponents
- Warstriders are heavy and automatically smash things
- But on the other side, if you have those kinda Charms, you can use Graceful Crane Stance and similar
- Requires Craft (First Age Artifacts) to maintain, must maintain for every ten hours of cumulative damage or suffer damage (One die of decisive per ten hours)
- Repairing even a single health level is considered a Major Project

This one is usually house-ruled.
You could argue for both, with some pretty fair points, and reach no conclusion.
I'm for it to carry over, since it's the Eclipse's whole spiel, but some do consider death to be the ender of all such effects.

That major project for every health level really hurts. It would make sense to me if the health level repairs became more and more serious the further you went down the tracks. So at -0 it's just repairing the armor, at -1 you have to repair some damaged electronics but it's nothing to big, and by the time you're at the -4 level you're having to do structural repairs of the entire warstrider which are a big project. With the way it's apparently set up scratches on your warstriders paint job are being treated as seriously as it having an arm torn off.

I am so glad I houseruled Craft. Fuck Project slots.

>That major project for every health level really hurts.

That's not what it says.

>- Repairing even a single health level is considered a Major Project

Does not tell us anything about how repairing more than one health level is handeled. For all we know, multiple health levels might be repaired with the same Major project.

>Does not tell us anything about how repairing more than one health level is handeled. For all we know, multiple health levels might be repaired with the same Major project.
Yeah but if you need to do a Major Project for minor damage then it feels like it's just going to not be worth it.

Thanks.

What are the different factions and their goals in the First Age Deliberate?

Does death of an oathee end the oath on their part, or is the ghost subject to it as well?

>scratches on your warstriders paint job

Those are the result of initiative damage, not actual health levels lost. I can see them as basically being free Basic Projects fodder.

A health level is not "minor damage" by definition. "Minor damage" is the result of initiative damage.

I would say it's still on their ghost. It's their soul after all. Just half of it without a body.

That actually brings up another question for me. Does Exalted have both the hun and po souls reincarnate together, does only one reincarnate, or can they split and reincarnate in different people? Or is this one of those areas left vague for storytellers to write their own details.

Po souls are always brand new. Its why Hungry Ghosts and burial rituals are such a problem. The person could have reincarnated but his Hungry Ghost is just stuck with his corpse.

Faithful
Unionists - Trying to campaign for a singular (Solar) leader for the whole Deliberative
Militants
Cauldronists
Divisives

but that also doesn't make sense if it takes the same amount of time even if you have 1 damage and 15 dmg.

this user's approach is better. Really makes you think what your actions will be before you ruin your fancy toy

The Cycle of Reincarnation is pretty much supposed to cleanse the soul completely. And the oath is made with one's soul.
So, the oath would remain if the Eclipse were to die, because it's tied to the oathee's soul.
The Eclipse is only the bureaucrat, sealing the pact and setting up the conditions.
Meanwhile, one or more parties who engage in the pact are beholden to it until they die

>this user's approach is better. Really makes you think what your actions will be before you ruin your fancy toy

Is there a decent kingdom management and mass war system or should I just homebrew it?

Homebrew. There is a business management thing from 2e that was not bad but I would not use it for a Kingdom. You may want to look there for inspiration.

Deathlords are the First Age insane Solar ghosts and Deathknights are the Abyssal Exalted, wasn't it?

Yes

>the same amount of time

>The character must work for a period deemed appropriate by the Storyteller, usually ranging from several hours to several days—occasionally, a major project might even require weeks of labor!

Major Projects don't all take the same amount of time.

>Warstrider weapons all use Artifact Weapon stats due to being YUUUUGE

Are they all heavy weapons, too?

>Counts as Heavy Armor for the purposes of Martial Arts
>Can reflexively attack terrain or battle-groups once per turn

White Reaper Style in one of these will be a sight to see.

>Immaculate Order was a postal service before becoming a state religion
Guidebook of Meru worth it if only for that image.

What's this about?

In the Guidebook to Meru, one of the postal services recommended is the Immaculate Order of Postal Carriers.

Why does craft XP require you to make like twenty horseshoes before you can make a robot? I might not be understanding this right but it basically looks like you have to grind small crafts to make big ones.

Dev's played way too much Skyrim and thought it was a good idea. Same reason why the combat system is literally Dissidia's.

>-1 you have to repair some damaged electronics
>electronics

Egh.

Essence Channels that do the same thing then.

What are the naming conventions for Autochtonia and Malfeas?

Same as elsewhere. And it varies sometimes from state to state. I personally like to give Autochtonians German or Russian names.

It DOES get more serious, though. The guy who reported all that also said that the difficulty of that project was 3 + the wound penalty of the health level being repaired. There's also an additional +3 modifier if you substitute Craft(Artifacts) instead of First Age Artifice.

Ramping up to Difficulty 10 (Or 7 even with the correct skill) does a nice job of justifying broken down, but still salvageable striders being stuck in a hangar someplace given how few people in the setting can make that kind of roll.

>There's also an additional +3 modifier if you substitute Craft(Artifacts) instead of First Age Artifice.

>making the already shitty Craft system even worse by turning it into 1E Crafts where every little fucking thing needed it's entire own skill to do

Morke and Holden didn't get fired fast e-fucking-nough.

>In the First Age you had mortals whose job was to groom and take care of demons
Fascinating.

>For a nominal fee, animals in the Conservatory of Unexpected Lifeforms are available to private collectors and research laboratories who believe they can find a use for the misbegotten beasts. Whether your needs are academic, culinary, predatory, or coital, the managers of the Conservatory ask no questions

>The Singing Garden
>At its centre is an enormous construction of crystal, Orichalcum, and Green Jade that consists of a circular organ console surrounded by crystal cylinders of varying heights. Within each cylinder is a mortal of exquisite beauty attached to a Green Jade frame that fits in the base of the cylinder. Each cylinder is connected to a key on the circular organ console. When a key is pressed, the corresponding cylinder's mortal projects a single precise note that the crystal amplifies to stage volume. Each key likewise controls the movement of the cylinder's base through the labyrinthine patterns that line the stage. When Sonah plays the organ console, the crystal cylinders seem to sing and dance in a most intricate and ingenious way.

>Whether your needs are academic, culinary, predatory, or coital,
"Or"?

You don't study, fuck, hunt, and then eat your prey?

No I hunt, fuck, study, eat my prey

Jesus christ those dick-sucking lips.

What Charms and Specialties do I need to play vid related with the serial numbers carefully filed off?

youtube.com/watch?v=sBUWLMbuTgo

"I'm gonna fuck that Blood Ape, and nothin' is gonna stop me."

Haven't seen much of Adam Warren's work, have you? Go check it out, great artist.

.t Lunars

Baiken'd be a DB at best. She's strong, but the real heavy hitters of GG are leagues above her. Shit, Slayer's so goddamn strong he'd probably count as a Deathlord or elder Abyssal/Solar/whatever if he ever bothered to actually fight seriously.

Malfeas is inconstent, but it tends toward Hungarian-sounding names more than anything else.

I figure with Malfeas it depends where you are.
Lieger and Loli-Prostitute Sol Invictus probably have diffrent names for their stuff.

>marriages are strictly political.

Outdated 2e nonsense

>Loli-Prostitute Sol Invictus
What

Each health level is its own major project, this was repeated on the forums by another guy who went to Gen-Con.

>When it takes her fancy, Ipithymia takes a mortal form and moves among her patrons and employees. Other times, she might be summoned to Creation to aid a sorcerer in the arts of seduction, power-brokering and the breaking of the human spirit. Everywhere she goes, lust and debauchery escalates. Where she passes, the scent of sex and opiates hangs in the air. Her favorite form is that of a golden-skinned, four-armed young woman in the scant clothing of a dancer or courtesan. In this form, she appears young, usually a bit too young for her highly sexualized dress and manner
In Malfeas red light districts are Yellow Light districts like the light of the sun and are run by the incarnation of his sexuality who is a loli-prostitue version of Sol Invictus.

>Neuromancer
Fucking what? I never read Lords of Light or Quantum Thief, but Neuromancer has fuck all to do with the First Age. The First Age's aesthetic was that of a high fantasy, holy mayan-aztec-incan super society that was still largely rural, with magitech showing up in some spots. Neuromancer is all about broken down, cobbled together urban-industrial cities and space stations populated by squirming, flawed, animalistic humans, only some of which have suped themselves up into machine-like hyper puissance. Those augmented people are the protagonists and antagonists, but unlike Exalts, there's literally nothing glorious about them. They're frighteningly capable, but they're also miserable, lonely, dysfunctional, bad people who pack either the cyberpunk look or no look at all. I guess the plot of Neuromancer could fit into the First Age if you changed some things, but the most important part of William Gibson's writing was always the characters and the dismal "we're rebelling even though we know it won't accomplish anything" tone, followed by the ideas of what truly high tech could do to society.

-4 to hit human targets, really?

That's stupid as shit. If anything, anything human sized fighting it should take 1 automatic bashing because of fucking debris and shit being kicked up.

I know what I'm houseruling first.

I think one of the archery charms which negates penalties can negate this actually. Making ranged Warstriders super-snipers.

I like it, gives Exalts a real chance to Rules of Nature the fucking things while keeping warstriders in their proper purpose as anti-army and anti-giant weapons.

It makes sense. One human is a small target. So you hitting him fare and square is hard. But I think there should be some area damage. (Maybe I missed you but that wall behind you is now collapsing on your head. )

Bullshit, a beer can is a "small target" compared to a person but I can still kick one. The rules assumes 'striders have to be slow, and that's stupid.

>cans don't move
And that's reflected in the Dodge defense, so it's still not a reason for a penalty.

Yeah man, those ants sure are hard to hit with my giant human foot.

You are assuming that warstriders have the same reaction speed as you do. Also you assume warstiders give you access to perfect vision without hindrance.

You are forgetting Warstriders were prettymuch Guymelef (Vision of Escaflowne) with serial numbers shaved off.

youtu.be/OdHaUwf859Y?t=13m31s

20/20 vision

Is it true that the devs said that they didn't play-test it?

>Van looking through little slits
>20/20

Also the dub is cancer

Does it matter?

>assuming that warstriders have the same reaction speed as you do

>assume warstiders give you access to perfect vision without hindrance.

And there's no reason they shouldn't, not in Exalted.

I guess not, but it would explain quite a bit.

So you're going to seriously try and argue that a 5 dot plus artifact meant for open warfare is gonna be so fucking poorly constructed that it's going to 1: Not be able to react in time so it can be easily overwhelmed, and 2: offer a shitty field of vision.

Because both of those things are gonna get you killed a battlefield. Just face it, it's just bad game design, thats been held over for three full editions now. Stop trying to defend garbage decisions, it's why nothing will ever improve in this game line.

>Not be able to react in time so it can be easily overwhelmed

Yeah. Tanks are so useless in modern warfare. Their main cannon can't hit single soldiers worth shit. And soldiers can easily overwhelm them.

It was sarcasm. They are bitching about -4 penalty and warstriders not being slow. They forget 2 previous editions and inspiration for warstriders

Actually, tanks get fucked up pretty hard by infantry in real life. Thats why they're deployed with infantry and not by themselves. Because they'd get flanked and a bunch of grenades and rockets pounded into them.

Also you're doubly retarded for trying to compare a tank to a giant mecha that's filled to the bring with magical bullshittery.

Well we don't know their magical bullshittery. We are just talking about the basic power of a warstrider. Which is essentially a tank. When we get evocations we will have the magical bullshittery.

Well they are reasons and these reasons are stated in both 1st and 2nd edition.

>A Dragonblooded in a warstrider encounters a Solar

youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A

But why does bad design matter? Rule 0 was made to fix examples like this.

Mechanically speaking, the reason why it has a -4 to hit ground opponents is overtly simple: So that every fight where it is at all viable doesn't turn into "Immediately get the Warstrider".

Warstriders are meant to be strong, not a straight combat upgrade in every way except for size and subtlety. And when you're at the point where you can regularly deploy and maintain a warstrider, you're probably not too worried about subtlety.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it was bad design.

Warstrider was never meant to be a break-dancing ninja. Its job is to help you punch things that you usually wouldn't be able to punch. If you want want to be a 18 feet tall ballerina then I would suggest investing in creating a Sorcery and convert Enlarge spell from dungeons and dragons.