welp

Also buy outs are fucking halarious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AyjNPnkGelY?t=916
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chinamen still prints it

please forgive this stupid question from a dude who doesn't usually buy singles
what doe that mean?
all copies for sale were bought by one dude?
why?

It generally means that some asshole is going to relist them for $800 a piece because he thinks some other idiot is gonna pay huge bucks because OMG PRICE SPIKE

but who the fuck is gonna buy shahazad?
its banned everywhere and even kitchen table is gonna say fuck you

Eccentric rich waifufag.

I cannot wait for Chinaman to reach perfect counterfeiting. Fuck speculators, and fuck Wizards for letting the Reserve List go on this long.

Yet another sign that the market is steadily approaching a series of extremely unhealthy consequences.

It'll have zero impact on Wizards. The only people who would bother going to an online counterfeiter are people who buy singles from secondary sellers, not the pack-crackers. An extreme minority, in other words.

Honestly, I don't even know why you'd pay for them. If you're going to play with fake cards anyways, why not just make your own and save money?

I too want Mr. China to reach perfection, I want more people getting ripoff by his work. That's the only way to get rid of the stupid list.

Fuck """"investors"""" and hoarders, i just want to fucking play the game.

>mad about the reserve list
lol

They have to stop supporting it some day.

Maro is just bound by some corporate NDA. The RL is just a policy, not a legal decree. I don't think it's sustainable.

Gimme your best argument against the reserve list?

>fix the game for new players
but
>fuck over people that allready own the cards so don't spend money on the game

fuck the reserve list
it's a terrible business decision

can't play fake cards at tourneys
the game is pay to win and the pay is too much

>wizards keeps the reserve list but prints every single card on it for 1 mana less

It guarantees the incorrect allocation of consumer confidence in their products. Instead of reprinting cards and providing confidence in the quality of new products at the retail level, they have made a losing bet on confidence sequestration among collectors and vendors.

I think they should keep it, then announce Pro-Tour will support non-reserved Legacy. Would be the easiest thing to do. Release another Eternal Masters and keep people happy.

I hate secondary single sellers... well... specifically the largest local one.

I respect that a business has to make money to survive, and that requires buying low and selling high. But the owner has flat-out lied to my face multiple times, even knowing I've been a loyal customer for a long time.

He's also the kind of guy that goes to every Walmart, Target, etc and buys out all their product immediately so you cannot get sealed goods at MSRP.

I want the reserved list to go away just in spite of him.

How will removing the reserve list make the game better? The reserve list is less of a money thing and more of a "holy shit we never should have printed this shit"

lol if a lgs doesnt sell sealed at msrp I just walk out

By making vintage and legacy staples accessible which allows for new blood into the scene without having to take out a 2nd mortgage on your home. At this rate the eternal formats have 2 fates, dying out because it's too expensive to get into or getting flooded by players with counterfeits.

>more of a "holy shit we never should have printed this shit"
Not really user, there are tons of things on the RL that would be just fine to print today, like: granite gargoyle, hedge troll, vesuvan doppleganger, wood elemental, Juzam Djinn, etc. In fact, most of the cards on the reserved list are shit, people would be angry to pull them in draft even, It's just that there's some real format defining gold mixed in with the shit.

Modern is still too expensive for me to ever think removing the Reserved List would do anything to prices.

>getting flooded by players with counterfeits.
This has already happened, counterfeit cards are currently running rampant in modern and legacy. Pretty much every event that I watch coverage for I pick out multiple fake cards, and I'm not even looking that hard.

well the solution is simple, you just add all the cards on the reserve list to the ban list of legacy

If they did this, why would they keep Modern? Does anyone even like Modern over Legacy for any reason besides price?

A bunch of people on reddit tried no RL Legacy, the format was apparently aggro (read: Delver) dominated shit with most of the combo and prison decks being dead due to needing reserved list cards and control being unplayable due to the manabase that it required.

wouldnt they just use shock lands?

While that makes sense, I do like the idea of multcolored decks having a hard time compared to mono-colored decks.

Do you think it would change with time? Modern is pretty split, maybe with time the format could develop.

sounds like standard

Yep , no RL UR delver/Burn was ridiculous, Price of Progress is even more ridiculous of a card when people are getting shocked or worse to play on curve

What I'm more interested in seeing is an eternal format like legacy, but with no fetch lands. Brainstorm's power level comes from being paired with fetches, delve is retarded due to fetched filling the yard, decks can be four color good stuff and expect to regularly find their colors while jamming a few wastelands to boot. Basically I see fetches as the root of a lot of long standing problems and the reason for several banning in legacy.

Even Pauper is pretty expensive.

Not that I think all decks should cost what Penny Dreadful decks do but some mid point between the two would be nice.

They should release a supplemental set for Pauper and cause each deck to tank to less than $20. Every card has an equal chance of being drawn and add in some new commons that don't follow New World Order.

what about wizard makes...............

FETCHABLE PAIN LANDS

With Price of progress and Fireblast in the format you pretty much couldn't play shocks in control decks, it makes burn capable of killing on turn 3 and UR Delver being a bit slower but having countermagic. Any control deck that wants to have 4+ lands in play is risking taking the shock damage in addition to 8+ damage from ever PoP. Hilariously banning the RL cards means that more bans would have to be made to balance the format, most likely PoP and Delver to try to tone aggro and burn down.

ITT: Poorfags
Get a job losers

I dont think its hilarious, it think its obvious. you apply a sudden shock to a system, of course its gonna affect something else

Not really, I own most legacy and vintage staple. I want the eternal formats to be cheaper/more supported so I have people to play with. My magic decks are useless if they're so expensive nobody can afford to build one to play with me.

>sleeving tokens

ive seen some shit

I didn't mean it was hilarious as in it was unexpected, more that it was funny that people thought removing a bunch of cards from an very well balance format wouldn't most likely create a very unbalance, lopsided abomination that would require a bunch of bans to not make completely degenerate.

Its just people with a problem in search of a solution

I don't play Modern, how "balanced" is it compared to Legacy and "No Reserved" Legacy?

Lol it seems to tilt the shit out of people. I used to carry around 30+ goblin tokens with me to mess with people, but it was a pain in the ass. So now I just carry around a few sleeved tokens, no rules against it as far as I know.

Its all fun and games until you ad nauseam into a token

Besides, tokens are like supposed to be the beat step child of mtg players. Maybe if it was lage but these are just some fucking goblins

sleeving emblems is next level shit

Wizards dropped the ball on emblems. You dont get to ult planewalkers that much (yeah we know ally does) so emblems should look cool, but they dont.

Wizards will release a "create your own mtg card" or something like a "proxying kit" and let people "print" reserve list cards so wizards technically isnt printing them

>Its all fun and games until you ad nauseam into a token
I Haven't fucked up sideboarding in a token yet, I've got the deck double sleeved with the exception of the tokens, so their pretty easy to tell them apart just from holding them.

>tokens are like supposed to be the beat step child of mtg players
Maybe that's why its funny to me, it just gives me the giggle to sleeve $0.05 cards and see the reaction from people when I throw them out, same as making an unnecessarily large amount of goblins and making it rain goblin tokens. Had to stop doing that one though, almost got DQ'd for it once.

When not go all out? Before the match begins, put a zipper binder full of double sleeved goblins on the table. Im talking like 1000000000 goblins. Once you resolve warrens, go in and pull them out.

Bonus points if you have the little packets that are supposed to reduce moisture.

At some point, something has to give. Its either the reserve list or legacy

Just drop Legacy and watch it die like Vintage. I'd love for them to kill the format and forbid employees to talk about it like the 3rd party market and the Reserved List itself. Would be a massive shit storm from collectors.

Same thing is gonna to modern.

They already did that with Ancestral Recall.

I keep "special" tokens like Wurmcoil or Voice Tokens in clear sleeves. They're protected, but there's no risk of them ending up shuffled in.

Or you can be completely obnoxious with your tokens.

youtu.be/AyjNPnkGelY?t=916

Wizards won't abolish the Reserved List for some sort of legal reasons - everything they talk about it makes it clear that lawyers are involved.
The people actually making the cards don't want it around, because it makes them unable to print stuff, from Exciting Supplemental Reprint to having a flying first strike 2/2 for 1WW
The people who own the big stores don't want it around, because they want to actually sell their shit and not have it sit around rotting.
What if Wizards is actually connected to The Chinaman? Make it so you can't tell if any of the old stuff is real or fake, to the point where the old stuff isn't actually valuable anymore. If it's not valuable, the people who could possible cause trouble wouldn't, and Wizards can print fancy new frame versions of the old stuff that is Guaranteed Legit - while the Chinaman supplies bulk copies of staples for those who don't care so much.

what am i supposed to be looking for here?

okay i saw it

I sleeve monarch tokens and experience counters, fight me brah

>he plays commemeder

That's literally fucking wrong though you god damn troglodyte. The reserve list was established after the grognards who played back in 96 got booty devestated that 4th edition and chronicles devalued a bunch of their shit that they protested and practically killed the game. It has ALWAYS been about money.

I sleeve my tokens back to back in clear sleeves. What's wrong with that?

>he doesn't throw Monarch into legacy games because so few people actually hit with creatures.

>most expensive decks in the format are around $100
>majority of the best decks are $50
>expensive
people buy commander decks for $35, for $15 more, a casual can buy a top tier deck
and the shit never rotates
and if you buy blue, you're probably buying a ton of staples that you can endlessly reuse

I'm all for making a pauper supplement though, I like fun.

>Pauper
>Fun

How is a format that's 75%+ aggro fun?

Control is anti-fun
Combo is masturbation
Aggro/Mid-range is Magic at it's best

Also, why the fuck do you care about Pauper prices if you don't like Pauper to begin with?

plenty of those aggro decks are also combo decks

I didn't say anything about prices, just expression my doubts that a 75% aggro format with almost no control is "fun". The format seems really biased toward creature based aggressive strategies, I prefer the formats I play to have a healthy mix of viable strategies. Legacy to me represents this with pretty much every archetype being represented.

>Aggro/Mid-range is Magic at it's best
They're fine, but other strategies should be viable, things get pretty bland when all you play against is creature aggro. Maybe I'm weird, but I genuinely enjoy playing against control and combo, nothing feels better than grinding out a win against control or pounding combo into the ground with precise plays.

>Control is anti-fun
>Combo is masturbation
I guess we have a difference of opinion, you wouldn't catch me dead playing a format where those two archetypes are not a reasonable percentage of the field.

Legacy is on the exact opposite end of the spectrum as far as price is concerned.
If Legacy had Pauper prices, everyone would play it.

I'm not even considering prices mate. I'm talking about what seems to be the general meta for the format and how that would impact my ability to enjoy it.

>I'm not even considering prices mate
The whole point of Pauper isn't that it provides the absolute best play experience out of any format.
The point is in the name, it's for poorfags who don't want to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars, but would still like to play constructed.

It's not as competitive as other formats, so you can feel free to brew up some combo or control if you want. Sorry that the netdecks aren't to your liking.

>3rd party market
Is that college-talk for counterfeiters?

Price point doesn't mean anything if you don't enjoy the type (or distribution) of strategies that a format pretty much forces you into to remain competitive. The price point is irrelevant, if you don't enjoy it, you don't enjoy it. Shit will be shit no matter how cheap or expensive it is.

>Sorry that the netdecks aren't to your liking.
Nigga please, you claim this is a constructed format then try to downplay the fact that top decks will be figured out and round it all off with "well, you can brew so that makes it ok". So apparently I'm not allowed to draw conclusions based upon the decks that are most commonly played. I'm not even sure what your trying to argue or what your point is other than "this format is cheap, cheap is good, therefore this format is good".

>using the Monarch token with its shitty grammatical error
>not using a cardboard crown from Burger King

Begone, pleb.

I just use spare sleeves from mkm orders to put them on

Hi, control player with hundreds of pauper matches on mtgo.

Control is perfectly fine, I've been running UB counterspell tribal for years now. The reason there's more aggro has a lot to do with the fact that control has like four good universal finishers that slot into two decks in the entire format. So all control decks boil down to UB for Angler and Curse of the Bloody Tome or tron for Rolling Thunder and Ulamog's Crusher.

I think what that user was getting at was the meta seems to be extremely skewed, not that control/combo don't exist in the format.

And I offered justification. There are literally two ways to play control in pauper, and a dozen ways to play aggro.

Yeah, but it doesn't magically fix the problem only explains it. If you don't enjoy 3/4 games being against aggro, your not going to enjoy the format. I mean fuck, he even pointed out the distribution of deck types was his problem with the format.

How did Legacy become so perfect that no format can touch it? Most staples are from before MtG was ever balanced and is filled with broken lands.

I love Legacy, my favorite format. Is it just luck it became so fun to play? Don't play Modern but hear it's awful.

man people are so butthurt about an 11 year old banlist

Who said I was trying to fix any problem? If he's made up his mind about the format then my ass isn't going to change that. I was offering my insight as a control player in the format.

And I think at least part of his distaste for the format was his perception that control was weak, since it had a lower meta share than aggro, another reason why I decided to give my perspective.

>11 year old

The number you're looking for is 21. The reserved list can legally purchase alcohol in the US.

In formats that are played competitively people generally play what wins, especially when cost isn't much of a barrier. Control may be "fine", and a good control player may do decently with it, but it's obviously not that great a choice or it would have better than a 22% metagame share.

Only autistic neets newfags/poorfags want the reserve list gone.

also one guy on TCG has pic in the op's topic now. I own two, I love the reserve list, also fakes are obvious and always will be, you can't copy the old smell and cardstock

>smells cardstock
>calls other people autistic

I own some amount of RL cards and I would be happy if lands would be removed from the list. They are too essential for formats. Or print them as snow covered versions or something.

I'd like it if they made cards specifically made to outdate Reserve list cards, not even the actual staples, like all the dumb stuff like Thunder Spirit and Two-Headed Giant of Foriys that should be okay to reprint (although making moxes that tap for double mana and lotus that sacs for four of a color would be deliciously evil). Like, how about a Two0Headed Giant of Foriys with an extra point of power? Wouldn't be game-breakingly strong and now people who want to play with that card can just use something better. OR Thunder spirit, how about just reprinting it with less color weight at W2 instead of WW1? FIF that's not enough of a change you could throw Locuswalk on it, would functionally change the card but not mean anything 99% of the time (since Cloudpost decks don't play blockers much anyway). That would actually be more fun than reprinting them, I think.

Honest question, how does Magic profit on Legacy players? It may just be my scene, but most Legacy players I know ONLY play Legacy because it's the best format in their eyes, never buy boosters or go to casual events. Wouldn't pissing off people who invested in reserved cards not hurt them at all?

Well, a lot of the people who own moxes and duals and mana drains stuff like that also own stores, they bought the moxes and shit with the idea that it will slowly rise in price so they can resell it to a player later. This kind of thing helps keep the store in business since packs and FNM drafts don't sell as well when a crappy set comes out.

Really, it would fuck over a lot of stores which actually would hurt them. Some might close, but most would just get pissed off and stop carrying MtG (two of my local stores stopped doing Magic because Wizards pissed them off too much and they didn't want to deal with the obnoxious players anymore, we get some real mega-spergs around here). Stores not carrying Magic actually does hurt them.

Thank you user, always wondered.

I double sleeve mine, nigger.

What exactly do you doubt about his post?

Fetches are actually important for every deck because they reduce RNG and make them more consistent. There's a reason even mono decks will run them, you want to make your deck more reliable and lose because your opponent plays better. The mana system itself is a nightmare they'll never be able to balance and fetches are important in order to make sure it causes as few problems as possible.
If anything, they should be reprinted every block alternating enemy and ally colors.

Except fetches allow people to play 4 colours just as easily as two.

When you can fetch for a nonbasic island or plains, then it's not a two-colour dual land, it's an any colour dual land.

At the very least make them basic only, even if they enter untapped. Having decks that can freely play any cards with fuck all for consequences is awful.

Because Control and Combo arent fun

This list is wrong.
Mono-B Midrange, Slivers and Affinity are midrange decks. Elves and Kiln Fiend are combo decks. Delver and its variants are tempo decks.