I want my character to be half human, halfdragon, halffey with some special snowflake prestige class attached

>i want my character to be half human, halfdragon, halffey with some special snowflake prestige class attached
well, ok
>i want my character to be just a human fighter, bu at the same time a prince and heir to a kingdom that was usurped from him
NO YOU CAN'T, ur kidding, right?

Why is this allowed?

This stuff again?

Sage.

The former sounds dumb but the latter demands narrative weight and can warp a campaign premise or tone, and steal all the attention away from other players if allowed.

DJ Racemixer at it again with the white guilt.

Because the bottom one is more special than the top one. Top is just some weirdo out in the world who'll be satisfied with using his weirdo powers to fuck up monsters with his friends. The bottom basically demands a significant amount of plot focus.

>i want my character to be half human, halfdragon, halffey with some special snowflake prestige class attached
well, ok if you pay for it.
>i want my character to be just a human fighter, bu at the same time a prince and heir to a kingdom that was usurped from him
well, ok if you pay for it.

Have you heard the word of the good lord Steve Jackson yet Veeky Forums?

>Half three things
>1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2
>3/2 of a person
The fuck?

Half Fey race represents being half fey and half human. Meanwhile, Half-Dragon is a template which can be applied afterwards, on top of the race. Mechanically, it works. Probably would work out to being half dragon and quarter for each of the other two.

The top one is just picking options available in the book. They have been stated as viable picks, and the player is picking them. The bottom one involves asking the GM to make their character more important to the world than other characters, which is special treatment.

>Having a set story before the group makes their characters.
>Not using this as an excuse to steal from one of several Fire Emblem games for an easy and fun game.

It's like you're elitist GMs or something.

... Why would you want to play an FE game if you happened to design a character who doesn't work for the setting / don't want to be explicitly second fiddle?

>making a character on your own rather than with the group so everyone is on the same page.

Sounds like it's not my problem.

Who said anything about having a story set ahead of time? GMs can want to shape their story around the PCs without having one of the PCs have vastly more influence or world-importance than the others.

most of the games Ive played in had several abilities banned because even in points they where too powerfull, just to name a few havin really high stats, filthy rich (50pts) and lecherousness (-15points), or even worst most GMs just straight out ban advantages that cost over 40pts or disadvantages that cost les than -30pts

>Viserys Targaryen

Just play a game that supports what you want to do.

my friend always used to do gimmicks like that, the last one he did before we finally got him to stop was a 14 year old half demon blood mage with a magic sword whos family got killed by a vampire lord.

Sure, you go human fighter, noble background. Change "noble" to royalty and it works

>percentiles character

Stat up a WASP and drop him into the universe. Then let him "discover" his ancestry.

As long as they pay the points for it, it's fine. If you don't spend the points for it, it's just fluff without in-game effect.

The second requires a large change to the setting.

Because bad GMs are bad.