Eclipse Phase General - Good Boys of War Edition

Let's get it started off classy, and talk about some custom Morph designs we've integrated in to our games - whether they're from other media or our own creations, What'dya got, Genosics and Roboticists?

OFFICIAL BOOKS
>Eclipse Phase PDFs
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>Zone Stalkers
mediafire.com/view/d0hpgo776xpx50p/Eclipse_Phase_Zone_Stalkers.pdf
>Morph Recognition Guide
mediafire.com/download/j4bjbba89kw8v0y/Eclipse_Phase_Morph_Recognition_Guide_(6098716).pdf
>Million Year Echo
mediafire.com/view/f53f1c5yq777tpk/Million_Year_Echo.pdf
>Firewall (Updated):
mediafire.com/view/9jg6q9d9kqa59qu/Eclipse_Phase_Firewall_(7029562).pdf

PLAY AIDS:
>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>Online character creator
eclipsephase.oook.ch/Creator/version4/index.php
>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
mediafire.com/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet

HOMEBREW AND COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Various Eclipse Phase fanmade resources, and links to more
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
farcastblog.com
>Community homebrew document
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit
>A metric shit ton of additional guns/ammo/weapon mods
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf

I kinda like this little dude from GitS. Not sure what utility it might have though, unless it could be a Mimic Synthmorph that isn't disguised.

Hey, we don't need that office building intact, right?

dude, i think you figured out what eclipse phase needed.

a god damn sense of humor

I think that's the problem with World of Darkness shit too. Games for people who take certain shit way too seriously.

How could anyone take this game seriously when this is a -legitimate player option-

The authors seem to waffle between totally serious and basically a comedy game. The fan base doesn't really pay attention to the latter half most of the time. Doesn't help that they keep trying to market EP as a horror game primarily.

Also, Ultimates a best. Jovians a shit.

I always feel like games that take themselves way too seriously always open up the best avenues for the community to totally trash it with humor.

Anybody ever try to run a party entirely made of Uplifted primates (orangutan, gorilla, macaw, bonobo - a nice varied assortment), and then go on a mission to steal crates and crates and crates of the most important golden items in the system?

>shit phase
Wowww

>uplifted primates
>macaw

Just imagine -
Stevie Believie the Orangutan swinging from the metal rafters of an orbiting banana shipping warehouse with a pistol in one hand

Grob the Silver-backed Gorilla stampeding through heavy crates with strength-augmenting cybernetics, with bananas comically flying through the air

As Bobby Bonobone the Bonobo hacks in to the warehouse's system, disables the artificial gravity.

Bananas. Everywhere. All the Bananas.

God, do I love Mars Daybreak. I also love how they never explain the whale or the cat talking.

I suppose someone needs to be an accomplice to the Banana Capers and do aerial reconnaissance.

Couldn't find a picture of an uplifted macaw, have a crow instead.

I toyed around with one that was basically a liquid silver Steel morph done on the cheap.

Bunch of cheap polymer based micromachines that can dock together to make a skeletal frame and soft tissue. It's all just plastics instead of harder wearing material but hey it can change shape and you can repair it by adding material as long as the power plant and cortical stack haven't been damaged.

My group came up with Senor Snips, the dual plasma cannon wielding nova-crab.

I wanted to do a game that was basically a reality show of a group going to Earth. Naturally the transmissions off-planet were going to be seriously locked down.

Their initial objectives would be some data recovery but then I wanted to turn it into a road trip. They'd do a polar insertion to get through the quarantine satellite coverage then have to hike to the equator to use the beanstalk for any physical artefacts they wanted to bring back.

A theme I wanted to play with was Earth is such a wasteland that even the killbots have started to die off.

>stoked /epg/ is back
>have nothing to contribute to topic

A wasteland? The perfect place for a vacation for a Bruiser, a Furie and a Neotenic.

Anybody actually managed to do anything with a whiplash? It seems like a solid concept, but with so many other options out there, I wonder if players would pass this over rather quickly unless they were on some kind of jungle habitat, or disguising themselves as an oversized houseplant for infiltration.

Although I suppose you could just say there's a genetically spliced whiplash/exalt if a player still wants to be a pretty lady but still be a rather big distraction to hamster pods.

Mm, it was always in the weird realm of "need to be grim but also empowering." Has the tone been drifting towards "You're a horrible monster who should feel bad for causing such harm" or "you're a horrible monster and that sucks because of everything that comes with it" recently?

horror is sometimes funny.

How creatively fucking bankrupt do you have to be to come up with that image?

>hamster pods.
we prefer the term "nuclear family"

>those knee blocks
>you kneed more pylons!
>kek

You can have him look for the perfect stick with which to finish his nest.

Have him be a materials scientist

Look Stevie, I know it don't make sense. I just gotta go there. I gotta see them for myself.

Bobby Bonobone: You know there ain't no such thing as "real" bananas no more. I mean, hell, Irv, I'd like to go there too. All that yellow, it'd be like a dream.

Grob: Huh huh (plays with feet) nanners! Nanners!

Stevie: Look Bobby, this ain't no existential crisis. But I gotta see them bananas, just once. Think about it, all the nanners, yellow as far as the eye can see...

Bobby: It does sound pretty tempting

General Macaw: You know they kill uplifts on sight at that hab, right?

You see how I just sucked the joy out of the room?
I live for that.

Or rather, thats the kind of person I am and it makes my life hell.

I hate to be a bore but most people are stupid as hell. I'd punch myself in the balls to avoid talking to them.

Stevie: Bobby, you gotta snap out of it! Use your human words!
Bobby: Ooo-Ooo! Ahhh!
Stevie: It ain't about the nanners, Bobby, its about ownership, its about not belonging!
Bobby: muh...(oo-oo) MY BANANAS!!! They were my bananas and they TOOK them! (Bursts into tears)

I like original ideas but they are not well received in our society.

Use its design for a spare morph or a mobile server.

Ran EP today for the first time in months, I forgot how stressful GMing this game is.

Every single possibility has to be either accounted for and countered, or plotted out in case the players choose to pursue it. Even a simple scenario inevitably mushrooms into an elaborate affair as the players spend hours planning how to get around ubiquitous surveillance or use psychic powers, psychosurgery, forking, crazy augmentations, etc to approach a problem from a completely different angle. It should be fun to see how the characters approach the challenges you give them, but it requires such a ridiculous amount of effort to improvise and iterate on things in this game that it just feels like work. It's equally hard on the players, because any plan they come up with has to be couched in an exhaustive knowledge of both the world and mechanics to have even a prayer of success without being blindsided. Yes you can excise the most complex and difficult to use elements of the setting, but at that point you might as well just play Delta Green or some other game instead.

The FATE conversion is completely bland, the GUMSHOE conversion was never finished, the GURPS conversion requires a huge stack of other game books to play, and EP 2nd Edition so far just makes small mechanical changes without really addressing the real problems with the setting and system.

I've been running this game for years. I made the lion's share of the homebrew content and shitposting images in this general. And I just can't fucking do it anymore.

I can dig that idea.

if your on roll20, you could let me wing a couple sessions till you've got your grove back. Anything I do will not be cannon in your campaign.