Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Based Ultramarines fighting back, as Chaos loses grasp on 4th planet

>old thread
>Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos getting cucked, again.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Who the fuck is that?

First for Perty is unappreciated.

Most books are bad.

Our Spiritual Liege.

So if there's only one unaligned daemon prince then who uplifted pert?

As he should be.

He has no achievements, not success. Nothing.

AryanDuncan.

Ok then, more Rustie faces it is. I can easily manage four more of those, and I'll order in some more claws while I'm at it.

Yeah, let's hope the codex is written by someone who gives a damn, because if I was GW right now I would release a tune-up FAQ for the armies like us and Tau to fix things up. Wouldn't take long, and they could always make a print-out PDF that fit onto the points and/or wargear page to correct everything without obscuring other stuff. Just cut out the blanks and blutack it on. Seriously, it would be like an hours work ans would actually provide a reason for the retarded locations of point values in the new rules.

WARNING: CONTENT MIGHT BE HAZARDOUS FOR YOUR HEALTH

He could just be a super corrupted primarch

Daily reminder that the 'Iron Cage' thing that Ironlets like to prattle on about has been retconned as a win for the Imperial Fists.

>Iron Warriors spring trap
>End up with a stalemate

Wrong

Requesting the PDF of Shroud of Darkness please and thank you.

That's old lore.

Like squats and zoats, its gone baby.

Not really, as it comes from the same index as the IF telling. Each has their own telling of the story but one doesn't retcon the other.

You know you've made a good OC when someone reposts it within an hour.
I didn't even think people would think it was funny considering I barely put effort into it

Imperial Fists just get fucked by everything.

Either Iron Warriors beat their Primarch, or the Orks kill them to a man.

Thats what makes it funny, its natural.

[childish shooty noises]

So non-trueborn Dark Eldar are grown in test tubes so their mothers aren't made vulnerable by pregnancy, but are they grown in the tubes to full adulthood or are there creches and schools in Commorragh? Seems like protecting a kid would just as bad for your life expectancy as being pregnant.

I love my black templars but hate painting white please help

Are you layer up to it properly? Have you tried doing a cream color with Rakarth Flesh, Pallid Wych Flesh, and Agrax Earthshade instead?

Fellow Templars player here, I know that feel.

Everyone likes to play with their dudes like toys

do the shoulders seperate then glue them on

My friend did this cause they couldn't assemble it. Fuckign why

>couldn't assemble it
Is following directions seriously this hard for people?

I wish I was rich and wasteful enough to afford FW russes

So he threw it on the ground?

Why are Black Templar players so insufferable? They're those neckbeards who go WWAAAGGGHH in the store, but instead it's HERESY memes.

>every new marine dex release they cry about not having their own book again
>LARP on every fucking thread
>make shitty Imperial Fist """legion""" lists painted in BT colours because of one unit
>already crying BL hates them due to Sigmund not killing Abbadon in a book set in the past

He also thought that enacting a ritual decimation of frikkin' Space Marines, and has the most Loyalist characters out of any Traitor Legion.

But... how?

I haven't seen a single BT player RPing on this board

Most "Why are ____ so insufferable?" posts are just random bullshit some user thought up. It's shitposting, normally just flinging stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Store is getting some wych flesh in, have been trying to layer with the others to no avail. Tried priming a couple mini's white and going from there but thats it's own kind of misery.

I feel like my other problem is a combination of stroking to close together and making my paints TOO thin.

What is "it"?

Celestra grey > ulthan grey > nuln oil in recesses > white scar to highlight as needed

Tada, white.

technically Lorgar is undivided as well

don't try to explain it although between the two Lorgar is the one that deserves it the most and actually works as an unaligned one

Completely wrecked beyond salvaging.

also a deff dread by the looks of it

Is your friend like 10?

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

I'M AN ADUUUULT

Not enuf dakka

DAKKA DAKKA
DAKKA

FIRST RANK FIRE! SECOND RANK FIRE!

So y'all know a Stormraven is a weird future helicopter, not a plane, right?

I've never played against anyone other than my brother, no tournaments or painting contests or anything, but I had a question;

Regarding the necron overlords/catacomb CB, I have never seen one of those fuckers NOT holding a rez orb. Yet to take it is optional. What is the solution to this if you are playing WYSIWYG? Are you supposed to clip off the orb and glue some other hand in place? Honestly I find the rez orb slightly lacking and would prefer to not take it. But if we could keep the focus on my question and not what a terrible opinion that is, I would appreciate it greatly.

I thought it was a gun ship, or a flying tank.

Are those 100 Steel legionaries?

I like Chimeras.

>phoneposted thumbnail

The STC for a helicopter was lost, only Orks still have the technology

yes

Anyone?

no no

it is my wife

stay bitter brother

and you cannot lie ?

Yeah, but the basic premise is that of an attack helicopter, disgorging 12 troopers, air-lifting a dread and supplying heavy fire support.

The actual model has a very helicopter like frame is you ignore the stubby wings, and more importantly has 8 turbines used to provide lift.

Guardfags pls go. You do nothing but harm

user please, use the censored version, this is a blue board.

Does the store birthday captain come with rules, or is he equipped with an illegal equipment set?

>all that shit
>especially the marauder
Well, I don't need to fap anymore tonight

>painted armies
>playing games
>discussing the hobby
>writing and posting battle reports

yeah, they certainly do harm, don't they?

yes to you

According to a poll a few months ago guard is the most popularly played army on this board, we truely are a hoard army, outnumbering everyone on and off the table top

Where are the other armies at? No one posts much of their army besides some random painted miniatures. Surely Guard players can't be the only people with completed armies. Surely they can't be the only ones playing.

Other armies get your shit together and start posting your games and armies.

Reminder that:

Once upon a time there was a very friendly Guardanon with a fully painted force who liked to post batreps and WIP and generally be a cool guy. His Guardsmen weren't golden demon, not even high end, but they were painted perfectly fine for how many he had. Every single time he would post though, there would be one or two autistic fucknuts who would make all sorts of noise about their color and quality. Now he knew they were not great, just like you he painted them simple and clean in batches to stay sane and look good altogether on the table. The shit slinging would not stop though no matter how much of a positive force he was in this thread, like most guardanons are. Eventually it became so bad that to spare the rest of us from constant derailments and shitposting wherever he went....he exiled himself. He set out in a quest to update EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE of his Guardsmen so as to quash his detractors, never again to post a batrep till he was done. He does it for us!
Some say, on certain nights, you can still catch him posting.....always an unfinished pile of Guardsmen in his pics, forever painting.

We call him Red Guard Guy

>Hoard

You better be meme-ing ...

M-may the Emperor watch over him, wherever he is...

It cracks me up when people get super toxic about the hobby. Not everybody is a great painter but I'd be willing to bet half the people lurking this board and probably a quarter of those posting it either don't play or use gray models.

I don't know what to do, a had a Krieg army back in 5th but i sold it just before 6th.

Now that i want to play again can't afford it because shitty import politics, i can get 100 Steel Legion guards for something like 150 bucks though, but i want to belive those plastic rumors are true.

I need more Nobz - should I just buy the Grukk Boss Mob box? What do you reckon, lads?

Someone answer me

Every time someone starts shitting on someone else's army just ask them to post theirs, every time they start shitting on someone's conduct or ethics while playing ask them how their last game was, a lot of times they won't tell you, there's a lot of insecurity in this general

tfw never will have cozy ork home

>painting black on black

WHAT

6 PE are not a good idea against never ending re spawning Orks.
They die after killing 100 Ork

Unless you think that deal is going to expire, wait for the codex. Guard does need a bit of a nerf right now, so the codex will most certainly change some stuff and that could affect what you spend money on and in what order. The codex will also most likely release with new miniatures, so waiting is the wisest course - you don't want to throw money at models you regret having bought six months from now.

I'm in the same boat waiting to see if new sentinel models are forthcoming or not.

Will be visiting a friend in a month or so who plays Grey Knights. I play Tzeentch Daemons.

Should I try getting a Blue Scribes? Will it help at all? How fucked am I?

Im an absolute genius and i forgot to put my alpha legion list on my last post here , so my list is

Legion
Alpha legion
*HQ
-Chaos Lord
Bolt pistol, viper sword
*Troops
-26x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon
3 Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon
Flamer
Cultist Champion
*Elites
-Chosen, Champion Bolt pistol, Power axe, 4x Chosen w/ boltgun,4 Chosen w/ weapon option
Bolt pistol, Combi-flamer.
-Chosen
Chosen Champion
Bolt pistol, Power axe
4x Chosen w/ boltgun, 4 Chosen w/ weapon option Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma.
-Helbrute, Reaper autocannon
Helbrute fist(Heavy flamer)
*Fast Attack
-Chaos Bikers
2 x Chaos Biker
Bolt pistol, Combi-bolter
Chaos Biker Champion
Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter

Hope to hear your opinion

If you need a warboss, or just buy verdos, start collecting or even better: ebay.

Doesn't their Smite do up to 6 mortal wounds on Daemons?

1. You're retarded for begging for responses
2. You're retarded for thinking anyone but the most autistic of cunts cares about wysiwyg
3. You're retarded for not noticing Almost every overlord other than the finecast one and the $35 blister pack one come with a non-orb option

No, GK smite only does a flat 3 mortal wounds against Daemons.

what are you gonna spend all your (you)'s on when you get tired of this shitpost?

Nah, I'm good for a Warboss. It is just the same Nobz as in the Nob box? eBay's the plan at the moment.

Ya I think.

Someone post that picture of a Daemon in a sandbox getting bullied by the GK.

Fair, though i am more interested in the models than the rules, since i like veterans/scion/mechanized forces, and you can never go wrong with at least 100 Guards for all your units.

So well i will start a little Space Marine force with Calth and Dark Imperium.

It is 2017. For more than a hundred seconds The Human has sat immobile on the Golden Throne taking a dump. He is the master of a trillion cells by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with biochemical power digested from his last meal. He is the Carrion Lord of the Toilet for whom a hundred billion cells are sacrificed every day, so that he may shitpost on Reddit.
Yet even in his deathless state, the Human's Cells continue their eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets navigate the maddening torrent of the Arteries, the only route between distant organs, their way powered by the Heart, the physical manifestation of the Human Lifeforce. Vast armies wage war in his name on uncounted battlefields. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the White Blood Cells, the Macrophages, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Neutrophils and countless Platelet defence forces, the ever vigilant Dendritic Cells and the Lymphocytes of the Adaptive Immune System to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from viruses, bacteria, parasite - and worse.
To be a cell in such times is to be one amongst untold trillions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the promise of individuality and freedom, for in the grim dark present there is only multicellularity and apoptosis. There is no peace amongst the flesh, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of a thirsty God.

Who's this faggot?

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Why would you encourage Guardfags?

I know exactly what you mean since I am in the same boat, but one of the big headaches with a full steel legion army is how difficult it is to convert them. I own something like 300 guys in trenchcoats, and they come in perhaps 12 poses. There are very few plastic bits in the other IG kits that fir the SL aesthetic, so unless one of those 12 poses is perfect for your conversion good luck.

That being said, you are right that you will pretty much always need about 50 infantry to use for whatever purpose. If it doesn't bother you that they are unconvertable, then go for it. $1.50 per model is a good deal.

>hating peoples that actually play and paint their armies
Why?

because they are having too much fun, obviously

What's up with all the pasta being slung? Is it to false flag guard players? Is it a new rampant shitposter? Is it just autism? We may never know