Dark Eldar thread

What happened to the Aladdin comic?
What are you Archons doing now, thoughts on fighting the new chaos/grey knights?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/TuUDbxf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This man is very stupid.

How many dark lances should I stack in 2K list?

All.

How is this list?
++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [99 PL, 2000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 76pts]: Agoniser, Blaster, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Succubus [4 PL, 82pts]: Blast Pistol

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [5 PL, 112pts]
7x Kabalite Warrior
Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
Sybarite: Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

7x Kabalite Warrior

7x Kabalite Warrior

Wyches [6 PL, 90pts]
Hekatrix: Agoniser, Blast Pistol
6x Wych
Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

Wyches [6 PL, 116pts]
Hekatrix: Agoniser, Blast Pistol
6x Wych

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [10 PL, 220pts]
5x Scourge
Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Dark Lance
Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 155pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

Ravager [8 PL, 155pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 190pts]: 2 Disintegrator Cannons, Splinter Cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [6 PL, 116pts]: Dark Lance, Shock Prow

I think I'd probably drop a few of the Dark Lances; they're great but you get diminishing returns cause sooner or later all the tanks will be dead.

I'd trade the Kabalite Dark Lances for Splinter Cannons, which gives you some more anti infantry punch (which also won't suffer the -1 to hit when the Raiders are moving) and possibly switch one or both Ravagers to Disintegrators if you can juggle the points for it. The Ravagers will still put a hurting on vehicles if you need them too but also be great at erasing Marines.

What about changing the Scourges to blasters? I was able to change a Ravager to Dissies by changing the kabalites to splinter cannons and dropping the cannon on the razor wing.

I was just interested in seeing how massed DL would go, I heard some guy saying spamming a 1 per 100 points is still the way to go. I don't think thats been true since 5th but eh.

So heres the current decision I need to make for my Dark Eldar. I want to pick up some more stuff in the next week or so to expand my force, but I'm not quite sure which route to take.

I want some more melee of the big monster variety, as well as some anti tank firepower. For the latter I'm going to pick up a box of Scourges as they're cheap money wise and I have enough bits around to fit them with 4 Dark Lances.

Now I need to decide whether I want
>Another Talos
>3 Clawed Fiends (I've got pieces to convert a Beastmaster for them)
>go all in on Coven and buy a couple of boxes of Wracks to convert a Raider, build some Haemonculi and then also buy a Talos and/or Crypt Horrors to covern into Grotesques

The last option is obviously the most expensive, but it gives me what could effectively be a little stand alone force of its own when taking into account stuff I already have.

The Talos is the safe bet because they're solid and fun to paint. The Clawed Fiends look like they'll put out a lot of damage and have that "what they hell are they" factor because no one ever runs them, but they seem like they'd be pretty squishy in practice with no real way to protect them.

Any suggestions?

I personally like the three clawed fiends because no one will expect the fuckers till it's too late. Or it will distract fire while other shit eats them alive.

>What about changing the Scourges to blasters?
Certainly an option; you're trading the ability to shoot on the move without -1 for a bit more damage and range effectively. I guess it'd boil down to whether you plan on dropping the Scourges in on a high point with cover and having them snipe there for the rest of the battle or having them swoop about gunning down targets of opportunity. Its worth noting that they're well suited to flying over the enemy to take advantage of holes in their formation that let them target the nearest character and melt them down with Blaster fire; they're also not likely to survive the enemies retribution once you've done that once or twice.

Hello fellow haemonculi. How go your experiments?

Trying to position this damn blaster on here. Naturally it wants to go across the chest. Ya'll think I should fuck with it more to have it slung over the shoulder? Or is the crossed weapons thing alright? By the way trying to make a black ark fleetmaster into an Archon of your curious.

>What happened to the Aladdin comic?
Wot? I need context.

One of the dark eldar threads we had a drawfriend was inspired to make some Aladdin themed dark eldar art.

That's a shredder

It'll look less shredder-y once I figure out a nice spot for it but I might just switch to a splinter pistol because it looks more organic in place.

I confess the attraction of using an obscure unit in a relatively uncommon army is a big draw for me to use the Clawed Fiends; just worried they're going to fold a little too fast under small arms fire or heavy bolter fire. T5 4W isn't bad but they're only got a +5 save, no inv save and no Power from Pain benefits.

At least they're pretty cheap (in points, though sadly not dollars)

Tell me if this is a stupid idea

I'm kicking around the idea that the Haemonculus leading my small Coven detachment is a the Coven equivalent of a shallow, new age hippy; still a horrible mass murdering torture monster, but constantly bouncing between half baked mysticism and spiritual theories, most of which he's either imagined up while snorting the remains of sentient species or cobbled together from the pleas and screams of his victims ("Tell me more about this Emperor you're asking to save you!")

So somewhat silly, but still horrible.

Sounds pretty fun actually. Just have more spiritually weird models for him. A Chronos fits, as it eats people souls. Could have him innovate with those due to his weird new age theories on souls.

Why did they stop selling this model? It's so much better than the start collecting archon.

They do go pretty fast, but they're probably going to take one round of shooting. It probably depends on what else is in your army. On average they take like 1.5 wounds from bolters outside of rapid fire range. Also on what ever you'd have the most fun on modeling

Because failcast is crap. GW is going plastic on everything now. Older finecast models are getting phased out.

Also feel free to join the DE discord server if you want to hang and talk shit. discord.gg/TuUDbxf

Now that 8th has been out for a bit, what kinds of lists have you all settled into? I've been using this one as a general 2000pt play whoever army and it's worked pretty well.

Battalion Detachment
Archon, agoniser, blaster
Archon, agoniser, blaster

9 Warriors, agoniser, blaster
9 Warriors, agoniser, blaster
5 Warriors, agoniser, blaster
5 Warriors, agoniser, blaster

10 Bloodbrides, agoniser, 3 hydra gauntlets, +attack drugs
5 Incubi

10 Scourge, 4 dark lances

Ravager, 3 dark lances
Ravager, 3 disintegrator cannons

Razorwing Jetfighter, dark lances

Raider, dark lance, shockprow
Raider, dark lance
Raider, dark lance
Venom, 2 splinter cannons

Been continuing work on my Tantalus, trying to figure out a way to build a suitably epic throne for my Archon.

So is GW not selling the Venom anymore?

Wait, what?! I need those!

Probably getting re-boxed. The Succubus is saying no longer available here in Australia as well. I can't see them replacing either kit this soon unless they're releasing a new book soon with new kit options.

I see you got some hoes for your archon. Good work. I need to work out some suitable slaves for my raiders.

Spoke to a redshirt the other week who said most of the Dark Eldar stuff is getting reboxed as Drukhari and that was why a lot of it isn't online or in store.

On paper they are good. A fatal weakness is their Ld, which you can overcome with the Beastmaster using Splintermind. If it wasn't for the Beastmaster they'd be really good for their points.

Aladdin comic?