Battle Maps Thread

Battlemaps thread. With or without grids, whatever.

Looking for some good slums, abandoned cities, and woodlands. Building an overgrown city type dungeon soon.

And I'll dump a few to get it going.

First, the extra floors on this one

Anyone?

How do you like to handle verticality on a flat piece of paper?

On a physical mat, do you just make a raised section? Draw a square around it? What?

What are your sources for these things? Where to people go to get good battle maps?

>google it, harvest any gallery you happen to hit
>cartographers guild
>deviantart
>reddit
>Veeky Forums
>rpgmaker forums
>game screenshots and asset rips

That's so much work. Do you find they add a lot to your game? My groups hardly use maps at all.

>dragon flaps its wings once
>everything on board is thrown against the ceiling

Not OP, i search 2-3 Hours every 3 days for sound/picture material. Hosting my games on roll20 since over roughly a year.

I use a wet erase marker battlemat... the most artsy we get is when we use a marker that isn't black

>That's so much work. Do you find they add a lot to your game? My groups hardly use maps at all.

Personally, they're more for inspiration than for actual use - fuck trying to replicate by hand during game, and I don't print out battlemaps ahead of time.

I'm new to the hobby so I (sadly) have nothing to contribute, but I want to say thanks to everyone that has. This shit is literal gold for me right now as I'm getting ready to GM for the first time. Seriously, you guys are gods. My first born will be named after all of you (I assume multiple middle names is fine?).

Thanks for the maps, OP!

May I pop in a request? I'm looking for a good map for a simple border keep, something like a fortified tower house (as found on the England/Scotland border) or something similar. Enough for a household and some men at arms. I'll take anything, even the name of a book where I can find what I seek.

A contribution.