11 YEARS

For fucks sake just end it already

The series should have just consisted of 6-8 large 1000+ page books that follow a coherent story line.

Instead you've got a handful of writers purposefully dragging it out because they know they cant write for shit in any other setting or come up with their own.

Nobody gives a fuck what you think you stupid piece of shit

It was probably before you were born I understand if you cant relate.

I didn't know BL writers were so easily triggered. Might want to work on your insecurity Aaron

Why didn't GW hire professional writers for the series?

Your idea sounds terrible, good thing you're not a professional writer.

Man, Neil's covers were ass back then.

>Why didn't GW hire professional writers for the series?
And have to pay them decent money? lel. Still, what I wouldn't give to have Cormac McCarthy write the final battle between the Emperor and Horus. Mother of God, it would be epic.

My fucking negro.

Fuck you.
That cover is great. Perfectly melds the Gothic Knights Crusader feel with Sci-Fi cosmic adventure.

Composition, sure.

The Space Marines looking like the cast of Reboot, less so.

lol lad people other than I can see this. A good author doesn't bleed their insecurities, female dominance fantasies and self flagellation into their work.

I enjoy some of the books. I like some characters and like read stories about them. If I don't enjoy a book from the series, I stop reading it.

It's a scifi-fantasy series people, calm the fuck down. 40k has the same problem (some books being good, others being terrible) and nobody screeches about that.

fuck man, I would be so good at this. I'd write for fucking authors credits and exposure if I had to. Why the fuck won't anybody hire me?

Dubs of truth

Its like GW is determined to ruin everything good about their own settings backstory.

>a good author
So none of the BL authors then.

They still do

Pick related was arguably the high point of the series and the first to become a Best Seller

Can't believe 2009 was 8 years ago....

>40k has the same problem (some books being good, others being terrible) and nobody screeches about that.

what universe are you living in? 90% of /40kg/ is people complaining about how shit the writers have made the fluff

>Can't believe 2009 was 8 years ago....
After reading the Crimson King I can. That fuckers gone senile.

It came out spring 2010, iirc. But yeah, 7 years. I mean Veeky Forums itself turned 10 years old this February.

Go away Aaron.
But seriously, only abject fucking retards could stomach this garbage, and you're obviously one of them.

Trashy books written very simply mostly for kids.

Problem is as the kids get older they either grow out of it and find better written books or stop reading.

So you keep on pumping out new ones for the new kids who have only just learned to read.

The horus heresy lasted decades, in which scheming and skirmishes took place across thousands of worlds. You might enjoy looking at long lists of names of battles with losses and victors, but you can get that on wikipedia.

FPBP

I'm pretty sure the Horus Heresy itself lasted only 7 years, granted stuff like the descent of Lorgar into Chaos did happen earlier and over the course of decades.

>horus heresy lasted decades

The Horus Heresy lasted 8 years you mong

Believe it or not Aaron stated he browses and posts on Veeky Forums regularly on the Bolter&Memesword forums

He's also been pretty butthurt about Veeky Forums since they stopped sucking his dick.