How badly could a single Custodian fuck up irl humanity?

How badly could a single Custodian fuck up irl humanity?
He is equipped with the best equipment the Adeptus Custodes has to offer (termie armor + heavy bolter etc.) and drops smack dab into Times Square. He does not stop fighting until everybody is dead. How would he be stopped? I chose a Custodian because they are more effective solo than a Space Marine would be.
For the sake of the scenario, the Custodian will have infinite ammo if he doesn't do well without it.

Other urls found in this thread:

img.fireden.net/tg/image/1445/99/1445993870941.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he gets carpet bombed by a few planes and dies

the end

no fun

and also
>carpet bombing times square

They can't survive nukes right?

I guess not, but the question was how much damage he could do to humanity, not how he would die.

Well then, the answer is anywhere from partial to complete destruction of a single city.

Well, let us factor in the blood games that Custodes practice on Terra all the time to stay sharp and test for security vulnerabilities, I'd say a Custode could cause a LOT of damage and not even need the wargear, sneaking through the shadows, threatening the right people, making deals, making well thought-out attacks and assassinations. A Custode would be smart enough to keep the gold suit hidden away until he needs it. And the best part is he'd probably take over the planet, and then reveal himself at the end and scold everyone for doing a piss-poor job of keeping Terra secure.

Nice answer, but don't you think a 9 foot tall walking fridge would have difficulty making deals with normal humans without immediately being thrown onto the news?

What he failed to mention is that these "deals" are just getting signed on a basketball team.

But he speaks Low Gothic, not English.

>custodes
>low gothic

I think you mean high gothic, pleb

>sneaking
>SNEAKING?
yeah nbd just a 9 foot (lets say) 600 pound superhuman

also you might destroy a few city blocks at best given that space marines get ripped in the lore by fairly basic weapons that we have equivalents to eg the autocannon

You know, this might be an interesting scenario:
>Stalwart, loyal Imperial is dropped into modern day earth
>tries to figure out what's going on
>Ends up meeting Past!Emperor

I'm pretty sure terminator armor would be able to hold up to large caliber autocannon fire from today's weapons for at least a short time.

As he said, the Custodes played war games almost constantly in Terra as practice. They are superhuman master assassins. They don't need to be physically good at sneaking, they just need a support network that gets them where they need to be unnoticed, and by the time anyone even knows the Custodes is there he'll already be some comic book style king of the underworld with a small army at his service

High Gothic is ceremonial, it's not used for actual conversation.

Oh, wait, he can't stop fighting until everyone is dead

That makes the question far less interesting tbqh

OP here, the question was to determine how effective a Custodian would be at annihilating as many people as he can in combat. If it really matters that much he can now use unconventional methods too to fuck shit up.

He runs out of ammo almost instantly (you see any spare clips?). Then after a bit he runs of of power for his weapon, then at some other point he runs out of power for his armor.

Amongst average Joe's sure. Amongst groups like Custodes, it's all almost exclusively High Gothic.

Inquisitors and Space Marines carry out all conversation in Low Gothic. They're hardly average joes.

Not that much, in "The First Heretic" there was a custodes in Lorgars party when he landed to make first contact on Cadia- and he was killed by some local tribesmen armed with wooden spears[/spolier]

>there was a custodes in Lorgars party when he landed to make first contact on Cadia- and he was killed by some local tribesmen armed with wooden spears
>Then ADB have them fighting continuously non-stop for months against infinite daemons with fewer losses they would realistically have
ADB is an inconsistent hack

Carrow might not be a Custodes, but John really tries to mitigate it where he can.

Really, im surprised that Timothy can even get the Lump to only run around in a body suit instead of the full inquisitorial get up

Several hundred or thousand people. Eventually the civies would flee and soldiers would show up. National Guard and navy reserves would be there in minutes. They would be followed shortly by soldiers from camp smith (most likely the 42nd).

What the fuck? This shit can't be serious. Didn't the WB kill him?

What are you talking about? A single daemon in MoM kills the Custodes and SoS by the boatload

That was Drach'nyan, it's kitty powers allowed it to overcome it's not as cute enemies.

Are you retarded? OP literally stated that the Custodes would have infinite ammo.

Vulkan LIVES

Gun overheats and stops working.

On plates? Yes. On things like lenses, joints, breathing grille? No. Plus, armour can be infinitely hard, doesn't matter, enough autocannon hits will still smash up if not internal mechanisms, then the passenger. And that's even without considering stuff like thermobaric weapons that kill by making localized area of very low pressure, causing sudden vaccuum bubble collapse and winds powerful enough to kill everyone around by pulling out their lungs from their throat. Detonate one near him and the suit will be first rocked by explosion then sudden decompression. If even one seal fails he is as good as dead.

5 dronestrikes and or guided missiles later
>ded

Given their training in infiltration, espionage and assasination during the Blood Games,he could do quite a lot of damage probably, infiltrate the white house, get nuke codes, that sort of thing.

On the internet nobody knows you're secretly a nine foot tall golden armored custodes.

Gigantic shit sneaking is not new in 40k.
Eldar Titans do it all the time
Corvus, Konrad and their legions use sneaking as their main doctrine

So no shit will a bunch of übermensch more powerful than Space Marines specifically trained in solo operation and assassination can do this as well.

>STOMP STOMP!

He recognizes trump as God emperor and proceeds to drain the swamp

He wouldn't do any damage to humanity, he would kill maybe a hundred people in the initial panic then maybe a dozen people who hadn't managed to get away quickly enough then he'd get taken out by something unknown to the Imperium, a guided missile.

Guided missiles aren't unknown to the imperium. They have plenty.

Also, you've got to find him first, as others have said in this thread Custodes are experts at infiltration and espionage.

"Also, you've got to find him first, as others have said in this thread Custodes are experts at infiltration and espionage."

Now I might be a little bit of a sceptic but I have trouble Imagining a terminator armoured hulking man hiding in a dumpster or slowly infiltrating a police department. I know the law enforcment in the USA have a pretty bad reputation but I assume they would notice either a golden giant about a size of a tank, or just an actual giant who is heavily augmented and speaks in high gothic.

read Blood Games story by Abnett
*other user*

Five avenger rounds fired from outside the city or a hellfire.

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

I will because I like good Wh40k books. But I will presume the Custodes in question wasnt trasported into the biggest square in Holy Terra wearing full terminator armour in broad daylight, unable to understand a written or spoken word, having no knowledge of the actual area, and started murdering random civillians right away, at the start of the excerise. Also Holy Terra is a Hive World, which means you could hide an Imperator Titan if you really wanted too, and it would take weeks before anyone notice that the new cathedral in the 874th street on the 45th level has legs. New York city is big,,,But it doesnt really extend to miles upon miles upwards and downwards and people havent really got used to the idea that they will be just simply shot dead by the local Arbites if they report something unusual and it turns out to be a false lead.

>e would kill maybe a hundred people in the initial panic then maybe a dozen people who hadn't managed to get away quickly enough
I don't think you get how ridiculously powerful a custodes is supposed to be. The Emperor sent FIVE custodes to keep the entire Word Bearers legion in check.

Also, in older fluff it was implied that they'd been fighting daemonic hordes in the golden throne while naked for 10,000 years

img.fireden.net/tg/image/1445/99/1445993870941.png

I had to. I regret nothing.

You seem to overestimate the National guard's ability. The Custodian would kill at least several thousand before the military figured out they need to use anti-tank weapons against him.

>he would kill maybe a hundred people
a couple sand niggers can do better than that

Only in pre-2001 America or modern day Europe (where they would recieve a Nobel Peace prize afterwards).

Also every Custode is equiped with what is essentially a Halo style energy shield but beefed up to 40k standards. But shit like refactor fields and iron halos rarely do anything in the fluff.

The best we can hope for is that he pulls off a Chad Insurrection and enters the world into a golden age.

>Something the custodes doesn't like happens
>He slaughters everyone involved on national television, looks the camera in the eye and says "no" before disappearing

How would life change?

After it's concluded nothing can stop him (((they))) retreat to their underground bunkers in cryostasis and nuke the planet in tenfold nuclear fire so they can start over again.

a resurgance in gothic architecture?

Anything to stop the post-modernist cancer that has become modern """architecture"""

>gothic architecture
yes please

All it would take is a platoon leader going "hey our rifles aren't doing jack shit" and then radioing the battalion

golden unkillable superhuman comes to earth and starts fucking up "heretics" and screaming about a god emperor I can only imagine that mother fucker is going to be raised up as the second coming of jesus and he'd end up having a large number of fanatics to help him.

I hope this is a joke.

Nobody, not even the national guard is retarded enough to send a few thousand men to their deaths before realizing that the heavily armored gold man needs to be shot with AT weapons. If anything knowing the National Guard AT would be one of the first things they'd use because they never get to use them.

Yeah dumbass, it's a Magic Custodes...

They speak Latin in the Vatican.

They speak High Gothic in the Imperial Palace.

I have never understood why so many on this site post misinformation with such a level of confidence.

In TFH, the Custodes warrior you are talking about, Vendatha, was not killed by "some local tribesmen armed with spears."

He was killed by two Word Bearers chaplains, a captain, and a chapter master. He killed a chapter master before he had time to think, the first chaplain immediately after, and would have killed the other chaplain if not for Argel Tal's plot-sword.

The only part the tribesmen played in his death was impaling his still breathing body onto those spears you incorrectly remembered.

He sent 20 to 25, not to keep them in check, but to watch over them and make sure they rejoined the Crusade in a suitable manner.

(((modern))) "architecture"

Isn't Vulkan an eternal?

Shouldn't he always live?

Surely this 7" golden armoured custofes ending up in chinatown is the same as in the bloodfag books where he is in the literral sewers and prisons full of genetically enhanced fags

All he needs is a bottle of water and the armor is good to go. They have micro fusion reactors.