Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

> Avoiding /pol/ baits edition
How much of a big guy is Typhus gonna be?

>old thread

>Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos getting cucked, again.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Onspoa5N6Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=7MbQMwnjqik
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZnwHEDujAs&t=2m14s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Iron within

I'm about to assemble some thunderwolf cavalry, but I haven't read new rules, are there any weapon loadouts to avoid ?

> How much of a big guy is Typhus gonna be?
At least 7U's worth of big guy, user

>Vast battlefleets of incomprehensible scale prowled at the edges of the gaping wound in the material universe, hundreds of ships crewed by the cream of mankind’s navies. Sprinkled amongst their shoals of gothic battlemented warships sailed the baroque and feared vessels of the Holy Inquisition, its agents more learned and experienced of the foe that strained to spill from the Eye’s storms and poison the Emperor’s realm than any other. Entire Chapters of Imperial Space Marines were committed to patrolling the contested space. They were oath bound to defend it to their dying breath, to the last drop of their transhuman blood, for no martial force was better equipped to combat the Emperor’s fallen angels than they.

>At the centre of its swirling fleets, shadowed agents and Angels of Death, the bulwark of the Imperium’s defence against its Archenemy hung like a steel sphere in the eternal night. Cadia, a fortress world unmatched by any not bathed in the light of blessed Sol, stood its endless vigil, as it had ever since the forces of the fallen Heresy had returned to reignite the war they had lost. And ever since the dawn of that darkest of days, it had endured. While it stood, so too did the future of the Imperium. Without Cadia, a shadow would fall over humanity, one so dark and so long that it would threaten to reach the very Throneworld itself.

Death Guard kits when

>Cadia had long ceased to be a planet of rock and oceans. It was now a factory. An uncaring machine that devoured children and raw materials, grinding them into the new forms it required of them. From its manufactorums and training grounds, the fortress world vomited out disciplined ranks of grim soldiers and deadly war machines to serve in the Emperor’s armies. Those who would leave its orbit would carry the banners of Cadia high, for they waged the wars of the Imperium as second to none among any of mortal man. The best, though, the true elite to rise from its brutal, ceaseless training and endless preparations, would never leave its soil.

>Like the fleets swirling over them, drowning out the light of stars, the soldiers of the Cadian Gate would wait. They would stand sentinel, manning the walls until the next evil broke loose, and they would fight until death took them at last into the peace of the Emperor.

Now that Cadia has fallen, lets how it comes to Terra. Second to Terra, Cadia was said to be the most fortified and defended planet in the Imperium. Abaddon's crusaders overwhelmed the planet and broke it to pieces. Could Terra survive against the forces unleashed on Cadia? It's a good question because not only Abaddon is heading to Terra but other traitors as well are planning their own assaults. The World Eaters are assembling a grand host to invade Terra.

How do I go for a scratched up dirty metal look without my music looking like crap?

>music

I meant paint job. Don't multitask and drive kids.

youtube.com/watch?v=Onspoa5N6Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=7MbQMwnjqik

I realize this is a waste of both points and command points, but I want to work out the rules to make sure it's possible. Say I'm running an Imperial Guard army in open play and I'm taking Yvraine and some Eldar and/or Dark Eldar as separate detachments. Because of how auxiliaries work, anything with the keyword Aeldari cannot be made Ynnari, correct?

Do we have scans of the news CSM codex yet?

Sorry, should've been a little more specific. I'm going for a silver paintjob, like Grey Knights or some shit. It'd be hard to weather silver colors with silver (unless there's a trick I'm unaware of?)

I suggest listening to some Metallica to get your metal music just right.

Would you an Archmagess?

Many Eldar units can join Ynnari detachments. On the other hand, I believe a battle-forged army needs to have a common Faction keyword in all its detachments, which the IG and -
>in Open Play
m8 there are no rules in open play

That's a servitor

>>already begging for more kits after getting some
The Death Guard kits haven't even been fully shown yet, are you retarded?

Played my first game of 8th today, my marines lost a close one against some necrons.

Necrons are super tanky this edition, I found it really hard to actually wipe anything. The vehicles just shrug stuff off cause of the quantum shielding, my high damage stuff did nothing.

MVP was my heavy bolter devastators, surprisingly enough. I rolled atrociously most of the game (5 failed terminator saves from 6 dice...) and got super unlucky when I finally managed to kill a doomsday ark and it exploded, killing my captain in a nearby combat from mortal wounds. Would have drawn if not for that. He did get to chop up some deathmarks first though (pic related)

First impressions of 8th are pretty good, it's definitely more streamlined.

Then...Would you a Servitor?

Do you guys give a fuck when using strategens on tournaments even tho your opponents don't have them ?

Your mom is servitor

It would be like fucking a rotten smelling sex doll.

Jokes on you, I was vatgrown.

>auxiliaries
Are you talking about the auxiliary detachment? Just stick them in a patrol detachment or something. But even so, no the only requirements are that you have a Ynnari character in your army, they have the Aeldari keyword, and they aren't one of the prohibited units.

no, cos everyone has at least some stratagems.

Terra has Mars as well, which makes attacking Sol even more of a ridiculous challenge. Horus could only do it because he had the Fabricator General in his pocket

What does fenrisian ale taste like?

>stick them in a patrol detachment
Wait, you can have multiple detachments like that? Or is that just something for open play? You'll have to forgive me I'm pretty new to the 8E way of doing allies.

I imagine it's tasteless shit, but all the wolves are raging alcoholics so they don't care

So if the Emperor dies/ascends in the coming story and there's still no one to hold ahut the warp hole he's sitting on do you think it will just straight up swallow Terra and do horrible things or will it make an Imperial Eye and they start charting a new webway using the old astropath connections?

Another Eye of Terror
They state this multiple times

Cawl puts a Pylon on it and it's solved.

probably like viking ale.
Which was brewed from malted barely, and only crudely filtered so would have retained a yeastish flavour. The addition of herbs and juniper berries was common. It was lightly alcoholic but very calorie dense, almost a meal on its ownnand was drunk by children as well as adults.

Think Abby and Angron can pull it off? Because that's how it seems it'll be next.

Or maybe GW will make either of them attack on their own and make it a hell of a lot more predictable.

Pylons don't grow on trees.

Yes you can have whatever combination of detachments you want. Particularly in open play where there isn't even a detachment number cap. The Aux detachment is just for including a unit without having to take a corresponding HQ. It's for adding a lone Assassin and such.

Would it actually be an eye of TERROR though? Or would it be kinda different and we get Imperial Daemons?
Magnus had those crystals that suppressed bad psyker juju. If the emperor had told him to focus on that could he have made his own pylons?

"Allies" aren't really a thing anymore it's all just driven by shared keywords. In Matched play most tournament rules restrict you to three detachments in 2000 points, but those three detachments can be any detachment you like. Even three of the same detachment.

Which one of these gers the prize for the biggest mary sue?

Guilliman
Space Wolves
Tau
Abbadon
Farsight
Kharn
Cawl
Yvraine
Khayon

Rowboat

Rowboat Girlyman.

> Draigo isn't on this list

Well, Cawl wants to be the Fabricator General and has been regularly pestering Lord Commander Girlyman to make it happen. Girlyman has flat out refused, saying he doesn't want to cause a war between the AdMech and the Imperium. Since AdMech politic is tenuous as it is and very much isolationist from the Imperium, Imperial interference would be seen as an act of war. Plus nobody at the AdMech likes Cawl, so there would be a civil war if he suddenly FG because, for a start, being an FG is an AdMech elected position and he would never get elected by anyone.

So Cawl could very possibly be drawn to Abbadon's cause with temptations of unfettered creation, free of bureaucracy and supersticion. Can you imagine a Cawl and Bile teamup? Shit would be bananas.

Currently Guilliman followed closely by Yvraine.

> Tasteless, poorly brewed shite that's so unalcoholic even children can drink it
No wonder they drink so much of it

Oh, okay that makes a lot more sense, thank you. So then in order to count as "battle forged" all your detachments have to share the same keyword?

An Inquisitor died, when he was tricked into drinking it.

I found the emperor's horse.

>unalcoholic
Space Marines can't get drunk or high unless the dosage is so extreme that their filtration organ can't dilute it in time for it to affect them. Space Wolf ale is so potent a human can't even drink a mouthful without dying of OD.

No.

Abaddon will awaken the Dragon. It is known. Picture related.

Is there any way to play russes competitively now or should i just put them on my shelf to gather dust?

To be battle forged all units in any particular detachment must share a keyword. In Matched play there is an additional restriction that all models in your entire army must share a keyword.

In the space wolf books a few human have one glass and they're done for the night.

Ultramarines even have wine that fucks them up quite a bit too. The humans who drank that were out hard.

So for example just "imperium" works for both criteria?

>In the space wolf books a few human have one glass and they're done for the night
They're generally outliers that earn the Wolves' respect damn hard since it's like the Salty Spitoon test. Most people who drink it would be dead.

But he lost to Fulgrim.

Everyone loses to Fulgrim even Fulgrim himself.

He got some upgrades since then

Fulgrim, Sangy, Angron and Khan would wreck all the other primarchs in CC.

So is Rogal Dorn definitively dead?

And? Why is he more mary sue than Yvrane "casually revives and gives souls back to people" the xeno whore.

>get banned for "spamming" a single post
>the /pol/ thread is still up
>this post doesn't even get touched
Do we have new mods or something?

He'll show up in a dreadnought.

Ahriman defeated the whole Ynnari crew with a snap of his finger.

Yes. Although certain armies (AdMech and the ones with Codexes) gain additional benefits for having a detachment with a more specific keyword like Ultramarines for example. They can still include a different detachment under the Imperial keyword though. For example you could have a legal matched play army with one detachment with the Grey Knights keyword and one detachment with the Ultramarines keyword since the detachments still also Share the Imperial keyword.

Basically special rule bonuses are handled at the detachment level and "allies" are handled at the army level. The "biggest" keywords which therefore govern what can and cannot "ally" are Imperium, Chaos, Aeldari, Necron, Tau, Orks, and Tyranid.

Nobody is definitively dead in 40k. Not even Horus

I don't think they can get past Titan plot armor in the first place to get to Mars

No

Does anyone know the rough size chain I'd need to get for space marine scale stuff? I've looked all over but I can't work out the actual dimensions I'm looking for.

He's a Primarch. Give him a Knight.

In a battalion detachment could I run space marines and guard while maintaining the perks for both that only affect their units?

Or do I need to add in another chart?

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZnwHEDujAs&t=2m14s

He didn't beat her. Also ran away crying from space wolf termies.

No. It you comingle in one detachment you lose the Space Marine bonuses that require everyone in the detachment to be from the same chapter. You'd need to put the guard in a different detachment.

Yes, he did. He teleported all the Ynnari crew into the Warp right infront of Tzeentch and held them there. They were helpless.

Welp, looks like Chaos is back in the lead again.

This is a very back and forth campaign it seems.

Knights are for Imperial Knight Houses. But it will probably be a knight-sized dread.

Anybody ?

The fuck you talking about retard?

Fulgrim is okay with Fabius creating Ferrus clones for him to toy with but he isn't okay with Fabius creating clones of him to rebuild the future of mankind? What's wrong with Fulgrim?

The Fulgrim shota didn't deserve this. If you don't want him give him to me!

Thanks, but unfortunately the Zinge sizes don't seem to be standard and a metre of it costs more to ship to my house than it does for the chain.

I meant SHE not her forces. She's still alive retard.

How much would something like that cost, pointswise? It'd have to be fucking expensive to be fluffy.

You expected a Slaneesh servant to care for anyone but himself?

Slaneesh has no place on the future of mankind, him being an Eldar god. He, and the degenerate race that created him should be wiped from the galaxy.

I mean the whole crew she included. She only escaped with her crew by tricking Ahriman. Do you have the reading capacity of a toddler?

>tricked Ahriman
Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

I'm halfway through the Word Bearers trilogy and I'm having trouble continuing. Why does everyone have to be such a faggot?

Avoid making them too expensive particularly on the normal 2A dudes.. Default loadout is good for the lower cost and extra attack. Power weapons are pretty cheap and aren't bad. Frost weapons, TH/SS and such are probably overkill on anyone but perhaps the pack leader.

where are the fucking death guard leaks bros

why are there a bunch of skulls in it's dress?

is that you, Nito?

If she tricked him and left then she won.

Nashandra.

That video should give you a sense of the size. If you need Imperial units just convert 1.5 mm or whatever to fractions of an inch via google.

What was hard? You claiming that she wasn't beaten when she was? Or you thinking that her forces got owned and she was spared.

Goddamnit what a tard.

The point was about a duel of powers. Ahriman beat her with a snap of a finger. That was the original point. Then that idiot above went on irrelevant point.

Thanks, I should avoid plasma pistols right ?
leave the vehicle hunting to long fangs.

You want a storm shield on at least one normal dude to try and catch lascannon shots for the squad and you dont want that dude to be your sargent.

Nah it's not that. There doesn't seem to be a standard sizing system for that jewellery chain, the 1.5mm seems to refer to the width of the metal not the size of the link itself. I took a punt on a cheap arse metal necklance,

Well, not like mead. There are no bees on Fenris.

If you are finding it hard to read about bad guy marines, then the Iron Warrior novels are going be such a joy for you.