>music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.

>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs
An archive of stands posted in previous threads.

Thread Question: Who is the main villain of your campaign? Does their stand ability reflect any aspects of their personality?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1zSVraUd9wWeWNyMDVwSFRUYUE/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1VlAY7cRO6TYs7NlA8WmzOE4Z-37FeqMHRupfkQfySec/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1zSVraUd9wWYlVrVk1qRUNScnc/view
docs.google.com/document/d/139573BnooznfR0RRb0i9cydXDWzrfdkvl88D0JKTBqU/edit
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vQjyD7uhB1eHEtNHUzMWt3SVU/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1RifJ4S_WEr1vkiGnO7h9VkgpQYuorw3USJOhHkPizXE/edit
pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
youtube.com/watch?v=tormYU27Ldk
danielbayn.com/wushu/
pastebin.com/arvTEHBh
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1189662484
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Virus_Manipulation
youtube.com/watch?v=ymLIdLzfVXs&ab_channel=TheStaticAirwaves
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Higher-Dimensional_Abomination_Physiology)
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Music
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistic_Scream)
youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7m_o
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Imperceptibility
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Fate Hack
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1zSVraUd9wWeWNyMDVwSFRUYUE/view

>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - The RPG
docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/view

>Bizarre Adventures D6
docs.google.com/document/d/1VlAY7cRO6TYs7NlA8WmzOE4Z-37FeqMHRupfkQfySec/view

>Bizarre Adventures D10
docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit

>Bizarre Adventures D100
docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit

>Heroic Roleplaying
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1zSVraUd9wWYlVrVk1qRUNScnc/view

>JoJo RP
docs.google.com/document/d/139573BnooznfR0RRb0i9cydXDWzrfdkvl88D0JKTBqU/edit

>Base6 JoJo
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vQjyD7uhB1eHEtNHUzMWt3SVU/view

>Every Stand Is John's
docs.google.com/document/d/1RifJ4S_WEr1vkiGnO7h9VkgpQYuorw3USJOhHkPizXE/edit

Other Systems

>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE (Hack in this post)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things

>Antagonist uses [S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W], which can turn any object or living thing it touches into a hay stuffed doll version of itself.
>He's a surgeon and serial killer, and his wife is a dollmaker. She's in on the scheme and uses the taxidermized corpses as inspiration.
>He also helps out the party frequently to keep them off his trail.

Wondering if this is any good or not.

「Jaw Breaker」
youtube.com/watch?v=tormYU27Ldk
Power: C-A
Speed: B-D
Range: D
Durability: C-A
Precision: B-D
Potential: C

Appearance: 「Jaw Breaker」 takes the form of a featureless, red, rubbery humanoid. It starts out withered, small, and thin. As it gains more water, it increases dramatically in size, becoming a bulky and fat.

Power: 「Jaw Breaker」 absorbs water. It can do this from any source of water. It can even pull the water out of an organism like a human if it can hold them still for long enough. Water can be pulled out of the air, but it's a slower process. As 「Jaw Breaker」 gains more and more water, it increases in size, which grants it increased strength and toughness in exchange or a loss in speed and finesse. Once reaching it's limit in size, 「Jaw Breaker」 can release all of it's water forming and opening it's mouth, after which it will shrink back to it's original size. Depending on how the user wants unless the attack, the water will either manifest as a highly pressurized, focused geyser or as a destructive tidel way.

Bumping thread for great justice

Man, how long has it been?

Anyone got name recommendations for a Stand that controls 'fuel?' Things like gasoline and charcoal. The Stand can control how efficient the fuel is up to a point - so you can make a car go hundreds of miles on a low tank or force a truck to stop because all of a sudden its mileage is tanked.

Wushu is an excellent game for JoJo.
danielbayn.com/wushu/

Does anyone use music during their JoJo games? Obviously one can use any of the five David Production OSTs. I like to play the songs that Stands refer to as well. I also like to play an Intro and Outtro to every session to bring the full anime emulation to life.

What about the rest of you? What music do you use if any?

Use it on your opponent by decreasing the efficiency of thier Glucose

How quaintly cruel. Maybe 「Hellfire」, 「I Burn」, or even 「Techno Destructo」?

Seems good enough to me, user!

I run a whole set of extended music, suited for different moods and scenes. Watch2Gether syncs youtube videos, so you can use it in online games as your music tab.

pastebin.com/arvTEHBh

You've only mentioned it four times. But why is it good for JoJo?

Honestly, I want to make a void-type stand but nothing can be as amazing as Cream or as simple as The Hand.

Another idea I've had for a stand is one that works on the idea of Hammer Space, that common visual gag in a cartoons when someone pulls something massive out of something small. (Or, like an elephant hiding behind a lamppost.)

I'm just not sure how to JJBA that idea up either.

Song:
>Princes of the Universe
Power:
>Salt Generation
Generated Name:
>Prince of Arrogance
Can generate and project salt crystals that range in intensity from gentle breezes that cause itching skin and burning eyes to gusts of hurricane force wind that can strip flesh from the bone.

There's one stand in the archive that matches your description
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1189662484

Stand Name: Blade Runner

Stand Ability: powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Virus_Manipulation

Power - D

Speed - C

Range - D

Durability - B

Precision - C

Potential - B

Stand Name:「Hurt」

Power: E
Speed: A
Range: A
Durability: E
Precision: E
Dev. Potential: D

Stand Appearance:「Hurt」is an automatic swarm stand that resides in the user's bloodstream. Each instance is microscopic, but could be seen by stands with good enough eyesight, like Star Platinum. The best description of its appearance would be a robotic bacteriophage virus with a wide grin, one eye, and two small horns.

Stand Ability: When blood from the user of「Hurt」enters another person's bloodstream, the instances of the stand multiply extremely rapidly until they fill the victim's entire bloodstream, which takes only about 5 minutes. After that,「Hurt」activates and the victim loses all of their knowledge of sharpness and sharp objects, as well as their ability to regain their knowledge. The stand's range is nigh-infinite, and the stand replicates too fast to remove from the bloodstream easily, so the only ways to really end the effects are to kill the user or drain the entire body of blood and fill it up again in a short period of time. However, the stand can only last outside of a human body for about 10 minutes before those instances die out.

eh kind of I guess.

Stand Name:「Del Salle」
youtube.com/watch?v=ymLIdLzfVXs&ab_channel=TheStaticAirwaves

Stand Ability: [Higher-Dimensional Abomination Physiology](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Higher-Dimensional_Abomination_Physiology)

Power - D

Speed - A

Range - D

Durability - C

Precision - E

Potential - C

Description: The power to use the abilities of higher-dimensional abominations. Variation of Dimensional Entity Physiology. Dimensional variation of Eldritch Physiology. User with this ability either is or can transform into a higher-dimensional abomination. The user thus transcends three-dimensional space, with all of the benefits gained from that. The result is a truly terrifying being to lesser dimensional beings.
What the fuck

You roll random, you often get over powered stands.
Though that seems like less of a stand and more like a BBEG alien monster.

Basically, victims will end up cutting themselves on sharp objects and then not understanding why they're bleeding, which would just cause the blood to spread to more people and eventually the whole town would be bleeding out.

> Why Wushu?
Wushu is a game in which you describe your actions to build dice pools to roll against target numbers attached to character traits. It is exactly as light as Risus and just as modifiable.

Every round the players describe what their characters do. Everything they say happens as described. Wushu skips the attack roll and resolves the effectiveness of the action. Every Detail in the description is worth 1d6. When the time comes players divide their dice pools between Yang (Attack) and Yin (Defense) and roll against a Trait. Traits have a number from 1 to 5. Dice must roll at the Trait value or less. Every one successful Yin (Defense) die negates one successful Yang (Attack) die. Characters have 3 Chi (Health) which may be spent to negate Yang (Attack) dice. If a player has no successful Yin (Defense) dice or Chi (Health) left to negate even one successful Yang (Attack) die, they lose.

Let's say I built Jotaro with a Trait of "Stand:「Star Platinum」5." This means all dice I roll with this Trait must roll 5 or less to succeed. If Jotaro's player wants to roll versus this Trait then he must make action descriptions that predominately highlight the use of「Star Platinum」.

> Continued in next post

Here's an example of a turn of play:
> Player: Jotaro grits his teeth, then summons「Star Platinum」.「Star Platinum」shouts "ORAORAORAORA...!" as it pummels the enemy Stand.
> GM: Take four dice (four Details). DIO has a smug smile on his face as his Stand「The World」flies fists right back at「Star Platinum」. Shockwaves emit from every punch and counter the two adversaries throw at each other but DIO is gaining an edge as「The World」further throws kicks to ratchet up the pressure.
> GM takes four dice (four Details).
> Jotaro's player puts 3 dice into Yang, 1 into Yin and uses "Stand:「Star Platinum」5" for his Trait. The GM puts 2 dice in both Yang and Yin and uses "Stand:「The World」4."
> Jotaro's player rolls 2, 4, and 6 for Yang so 2 Yang successes. He rolls 6 for Yin so 0 Yin successes.
> The GM rolls 3 and 4 for Yang so 2 Yang Successes. He rolls 2 and 5 for Yin so 1 Yin Success.
> Jotaro's Yang dice (2) minus DIO's 1 Yin die (1) means he has 1 Yang to be negated. DIO spends 1 Chi.
> DIO's 2 Yang dice are unopposed against Jotaro's 0 Yin dice. Jotaro spends 2 Chi.
> Play continues into the next round.

I'm leaving out the little details but that's essential Wushu gameplay. I'll see about summoning up a link to some Wushu resources when I can.

Styx
A rather plant like stand covered in thorn like points all over it's arms, legs, and head. These thorns are detachable, and can be flung with extreme force.

These thorns are able to rewind time, and grow a weaker copy of Styx (just a standard punch-ghost). Styx can only rewind time back for a minute, and that's about the lifespan of the copy.... though there might be a few exceptions to either limit.

I'm not really sure how to word the ability on this one, so bear with me.
>「Mambo No. 5」
Power: B
Speed: B
Range: C
Durability: C
Precision: A
Dev. Potential: C

>Stand ability: A.K.A. "That's not how quantum immortality works"
Whenever 「Mambo No. 5」 or its user performs an action of any sort, it can split itself and its user into five etherial copies of themselves that each perform a different variant of that action simultaneously. Once all the copies finish their actions, All of the copies vanish except for the one that is considered "most successful" by the user. In addition to vanishing themselves, any direct effects caused by the "unsuccessful" copies vanish along with them.
>Examples of use:
「M#5」's user is being chased by four other people when he arrives at an open area with multiple avenues of escape. He then triggers 「M#5」's ability and runs off in five different directions. The people chasing immediately split up and each catch one of the clones. All of the captured clones poof into nothing and the last clone becomes the real user again.
「M#5」's user fires a six-shooter at an enemy stand user and trigger's 「M#5」's ability at the same time. The enemy sees five bullets heading towards him and attempts to intercept them with his stand. The enemy stand manages to deflect two of the five bullets. Bullet #3 hits the enemy's leg, Bullet #4 hits his heart, Bullet #5 misses completely and hits a nearby table. Afterwards, the enemy is left with a single bullet wound in his chest, and dies soon after. 「M#5」's user checks and sees that there are five bullets left in his gun, and that the table is completely unscathed.

Does this make sense to anyone but me?

Idea: list every track from every DP OST, identify times they were used, and then give suggestions for what tone they set and what kinds of scenes or sequences to use them.

Essentially Mambo No. 5 gets to do 5 things and gets to cherry pick the outcome that's best for its user.

Whoa. Just looked up the albums and there's way more than I thought there was. So, this will be quite an endeavour. This will be an elephant that is eaten one bite at a time.

Here's the link to see for yourselves: jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Music

Well I was hoping for Gates of Babylon and some kind of dimensional nonsense, but I guess this is funny too.

Stand Name: Long Live Rock 'n' Roll

Stand Ability: [Ballistic Scream](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistic_Scream)

Power - E

Speed - B

Range - A

Durability - A

Precision - A

Potential - A

Description: The power to release sound waves of such an amplitude that objects will shatter, crumble, and explode. Combination of Sonic Scream and Explosion Inducement. User can emit sound waves that can destroy objects, they may be able to target certain objects so that only they are destroyed. With enough power, a user of this ability could level entire cities with their power and at full strength they could possibly destroy an entire planet.

\m/

You pretty much got it. I think I'm just shit at explaining things.

I could see a fight with this going a couple different ways....

1. The stand makes the user short sighted. They only care about the immediate results and what keeps them safe in the short term. The opponent/Jojo finds a way trap in which all five actions lead to 「Mambo No. 5」's dieing.

2. Battle ends with a speech about destiny and "Sure, take as many tries as you want. It doesn't matter what you do, I'll always find a way to beat you. "

But still this is potentially final boss tier.

Stand Name: [Boulevard of Broken Dreams]

Power - C

Speed - C

Range - C

Durability - A

Precision - B

Potential - D

Description: [Boulevard of Broken Dreams] takes the form of 4 sets of legs standing nearby the user. Wherever any of these legs take an action, the user can instantly apply the results of that action to themselves. For example, one of the sets of legs could take a step to the side and the user would instantly be placed several feet from where they were. Use of all 4 allows the user to run at over 5x there normal speed and jump 4 times while already in midair.

Kinda low power, but I like it thematically, thought it'd be good for a early enemy. Also considering just calling it [Lonely Road].

I could see this potentially being like an act stand (though I can't think of a song in multiple parts that fits the leg thing) or just the user figuring out how to use it better.

Maybe it could delay the effect until later, with all the movement happening at once. So like one or two of the legs run off a bit. Then the user activates the power, allowing the user to effectively teleport.

And naturally the stand could be used for some good ORA ORA ORA.

>Song: Street Fighting Man

>Power: Wire Proficiency

>Power: D
>Speed: A
>Range: A
>Durability: E
>Precision: B
>Potential: D

[Street Fighting Man] is a pair of fingerless gloves that are a bit thread worn around the finger holes. These gloves can unravel if ordered by their user, and move with a cunning intelligence.

Or you could make the legs also be able to effect other people or objects. So it move the user around, or "push" enemies and objects away.

>Power - E

Well, yeah, they can. Not by using it's power but they can still kick things. He can literally kick more ass than anyone alive.
I was thinking of giving him an unlocked power. Something having to do with several of the legs moving in opposite directions at once. Don't know what it would do though.

bump

Well you gotta start out as a garage band musician first. Those other stats are, so with some good training montages it'll be a doozy

「King of Spain」

>Power: E
>Speed: C
>Precision: B
>Range: A
>Durability: B
>Learning: D

Ability:
Stand can swap the "apparent identities" of two people within sight. When「KoS」swaps someone, anyone who looks at them will recognize them as the other target, regardless of any blatant facts that would contradict this notion. Victims will not likely notice anything is different on their own, as the only indication is a small tattoo of a spoon (about 20 mm long) somewhere on their body.
For example: after using 「KoS」's ability on a child, the teachers of a nearby elementary school will not pay too much mind to the six-foot-tall kindergartener that wandered into their class and will instead question the middle-aged midget that appears to be trying to blend in.

I have a Stand that's basically this, what you're thinking about is Imaginary Time. The space in which possibilities and outcomes exist in a single given moment in time.

What happens if all five options end badly?
Can they set up an infinite loop of copies until one survives?

(Assuming you're talking about Mambo No. 5)
If all of the copies fail at their intended task, one of the failures would continue to exist, albeit the least bad one. The stand chooses the "most successful" copy even if that copy performed terribly.

A player of mine wants his stand to transform into the object that would be most useful at the time, any suggestions on a name for this?
Also did any similar stands appear in part 6 or 7?

Since Stands and time manipulation seems to be popular with the series.
I've had one themed with LAG.

>Stand Name: 「Something From Nothing」

Appearance: VR googles with wires going to a pair of gloves

Ability: The consequence of the stand's action happens before you see it doing it. You would start bleeding before you saw the user swinging a knife. You'd feel the slap before you saw the arm coming. The weakness could be the user can only affect one opponent at a time

I don't remember any from the actual series, but we had a stand that functioned very similarly to what you just said in our campaign called 「Get Lucky」. The stand could summon an object that would be very useful in the near future to him or the person he gives it to, and could sacrifice hit points to summon a more "powerful" object.
From one DM to another, I hope you enjoy dropping vague-ass hints in the form of silly items as much as I did.

Question: what happens if the user has someone else wear his stand? Can he give LAG powers to other people if he so chooses?

Typically wearable stands just don't have the range for that.

Here's a Stand that I just used in a game.

「Lick It Up」
Destructive Power: C
Speed: C
Endurance/Staying: C
Range: D
Precision: C
Developmental Potential: D

Mechanism:「Lick It Up」looks like some sort of a space demon dog.「Lick It Up」has a highly elastic, prehensile tongue which it uses to lick targets. Anything that this tongue licks is transformed into a liquid state. Said liquid can be any liquid that the User has tasted and which is chemically possible given the atomic composition of the target. Living targets are still conscious and not dead in this condition. They can move and act of their own free will but now they are made of liquid which is otherwise consistent with chemistry.

As liquefied victims move they leave a trail of their liquid mass behind themselves. The more they move the less of themselves physically left. If two liquid bodies created by「Lick It Up」touch they begin to merge into one mass of the liquid. With enough turbulence the two masses will be mixed together resulting in any living targets getting too dissolved to meaningfully act.

「Lick It Up」can also consume liquids it creates by licking it with its tongue. Mass consumed by「Lick It Up」is gone and therefore so is any mass that was once there. The User is affected by the liquid so he must be careful.

Lots of fun.

This stand makes me uncomfortable.
Then again, not like the source material didn't have stuff just as disconcerting, considering one guy had a laptop that raped people.

Stand Name: 「Lonely Mountain」
Power: A>C
Speed: D>A
Durability: A>D
Learning: C

Appearance:
「Lonely Mountain」 is a stony humanoid that stands around 2 meters tall, with vapor trickling out of holes spread across its body. Outside of its armor, it appears as a spindly humanoid that appears to be made of a smokey crystaline material

Abilities:
In its default state, it is extremely sluggish but is incredibly durable and has great strength. However, it can shed its armor and disperse over an area of roughly 15 meters in the form of a cloud of fog, and is able to attack from any direction within that area at the cost of reduced destructive power and durability. The fog can be temporarily dispersed by heat and wind-based attacks, revealing the stand's body and leaving it open to attack.

Best.

Get out of here, D2B.

I'd call it 「Steam」, after the song by Peter Gabriel.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7m_o

Clearly the User can only start by extruding his Stand into 1 extra dimension of a given N, with the counterpoint that when he does this the Stand loses one of it's spatial dimensions.

The idea being that he unlocks the true power of this Stand during the final fight..

That's what makes a good Stand, isn't it? Different people get different ideas on how to use it. A Stand really is best defined by the User. In the case of this Stand the User would twirl the tongue around to drill through the ground, create a moat of acid to get into a street fight with one of the heroes, or wrap the tongue around his wrist and punch a hero in the jaw turning the chin into liquid.

Made some villains for a game I ran in the fate hack. They were triplets each with a stand based on their last name Smooth.

Stand: 「Smooth Criminal」
Power: powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Imperceptibility
User: James Barry Smooth

Power: A
Speed: B
Durability: D
Potential: E

Appearance: It's special ability occludes it's form even from other stand users but can only be seen by it's user. It takes the form of a faceless man in a suit with everything but it's face being invisible. The only thing giving it shape is the clothes that it wears.

Smooth Criminal is a unique stand in which it functions like a default punchghost but is invisible to even stand users. It makes no sound, distortions in space, and leaves no evidence. It's durabilty is weak so if a severe hit landed on Smooth Criminal then it would be easily incapacitated. However with the stand being practically undetectable it would be easier to find the stand user and dispatch him rather than fighting the stand.

Post the rest, faget.