Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Storage_Containers__What_To_Look_Out_For.trid
>Where_To_Hide_Things_When_The_Heat_Gets_Too_High.knwsft
>How_Do_You_Keep_Your_Gear_Secure?.thread
>LS_Search_Procedures__WITH_COMMENTS.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10305 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, You should get out. LS is on the way to your abode'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Badda_Bing_Badda_BOOM.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Hideouts Edition
Where do you keep your gear? Your Apartment? Rented Container?
Where do you keep yourself when being searched after?

>Where do you keep your gear? Your Apartment? Rented Container?
Most of my runners start out living in the hood, keeping their gear in their apartment. Most games end before they've gotten successful enough to have both a safehouse and a 'real' lifestyle.

>Where do you keep yourself when being searched after?
Why would I be searched after? I only commit crimes on extraterritorial territory or in places where cops don't go in the first place. Nothing to be Wanted over.

Never ran against a A-Ranked or lower corp? Never against private targets?

Nope, those are hard 'no' responses. The whole point of being a runner is not having to deal with being a criminal for 95% of my month. If I wanted to do the kinds of crime that get me a real criminal record, I'd be a Made Man for the mafia instead, with all of the support network necessary for that kind of non-shadowrunner crime.

AAs, Barrens, wilderness, AAA subsidiaries. I'll do a wide variety of types of runs, but anything that takes place in other locations is just regular crime, not a shadowrun.

>just regular crime, not a shadowrun.
Chummer, Shadowruns are just regular crime with the added caveat of the criminals being disposable assets, which the johnson can just write off and deny all involvement.

A shadowrun can totally be "Go to that Mom&Pop store, trash it and plant evidence that Group XYZ was responsible". The only thing that matters is that the runners don't know who the johnson is.

You're both right. The difference between you is the difference between shadowrunning for profit, and shadowrunning to stick it to the man.

You're both very pretty girls, now kiss and make up.

Coffin hotels are a pretty solid chioce to stash your stuff. There is a lot of anonymity and usually nobody cares what happens as long as you cell does not start to smell and you pay your bills.

Also those rentable lockers on train stations are a solid seckond choice to store things in a briefcase or sport bag.

>Gear
Garage preferably in a reinforced safe hidden behind a few boxes
>Apartment
Comfy expensive apartment. Not too fancy, not too shitty.
>Red Alert Hideout
Hell hound infested part of the nearest barren.

Elves are such whores

You and me both, chummer.

I see we're pretending AAA corps have zero reach beyond their extraterritoriality again. You realize its a privilege they wrested from governments with their power, forcing them to acknowledge their sovereignity, not a penalty, right?

>Rented train station lockers
>2077

You realize the entire central premise of Shadowrun, I'm the into chapters of every edition's CRB, is that extraterritoriality is a double edged sword keeping them from doing shit outside of their own borders because of the Corporate Court, right? It's not the local governments they're worried about, it's the CC. That the entire point of shadowrunners is that, for fear of getting punished for acting outside of their borders, megacorps hire runners as deniable assets to sabotage each other instead of punishing the runners?

If you hit Ares, instead of risking getting sanctioned by the CC or wasting time on hiring someone to go after those runners, Ares it's liable to hire that exact same runner team to hit back at whoever hired them in the first place.

Megas are more likely to treat successful runs against them as auditions to future work on their behalf than to try to actually punish you for it.

Fine. Hyperloop station lockers.

>doing shit outside of their own borders
nope, just shit inside their enemies' borders
ARES can't directly attack a Shiawase compound without risking a war between them. But sending people of their own outside their compounds is totally fine.
This is one of the reason that when fleeing you should go through extraterritorial areas, because ARES might follow you through normal streets but can't go through e.g. AZT territory and thus have to take ways around it

And of course you have to remember that AZT might take offense with you rushing through their turf. But it's the choice between maybe getting killed by AZT or definitely be caught by ARES

>Thinking that the Sixth World has functional public transit
Buy a car, you SINless bum. No wonder you live in the Barrens.

Barring some crazy blood magic plot hole, how would they even find you?

Surveillance along your escape route would be the hardest thing to avoid. Local governments would hand it over for cash, and other corps wouldn't want to look like they were covering for you.

What's the government surveillance prescence look like in Shadowrun? CCTVs on every intersection? If so, you'd have to disable them before your run.

I'm not taking the damn thing, just storing my shit anonymously. But even I did, you aren't going to hit mach speeds on a shared road. We build bullet trains for a reason.

>Surveillance along your escape route would be the hardest thing to avoid. Local governments would hand it over for cash, and other corps wouldn't want to look like they were covering for you.
Explicitly no.

>What's the government surveillance prescence look like in Shadowrun? CCTVs on every intersection? If so, you'd have to disable them before your run.
There are, but it doesn't help.

Data balkanization and oversaturation are addressed in core. There's too much info out there to easily sort it for relevance, and you might know which bits are relevant but the owners of the data won't share it because it's not in their interest to give it out to others and compromise their own operations. It is an ironic problem where an investigation has to go through the Library of Congress looking for one sentence fragment, but every book is heavily redacted.

So in this case, game designers are explicitly ignoring the market (a giant fucking staple of ancap dystopia fiction)?

No chummer, only bummer.

There's no open sale of this sort of data, because the manager who openly sells proprietary collected data on traffic patterns is throwing away valuable market research for pennies and is lucky to end up scrubbing out troll toilets.

If someone is determined enough to try and use backalley bribes and blackmail to try and get a foreign government to give them that data... well, that sounds like a shadowrun to get the deal done. But in the grand scheme of things, it's usually not worth that amount of effort to find deniable assets (who by definition have no long-term value to any party), unless the aggrieved party is trying to track something very valuable (which they can't find through ordinary corporate espionage assets) or has a deep personal motivation for doing so.

I modded in a new mentor spirit, it worked just fine.

Then the next day I updated chummer via the automatic update thing, and now it doesn't work. Anyone have any idea why?

re-install ?

Also, what are some pieces of equipment that help a streetscum runner with heavyer enemies, like spirits or vehicles ?

I tried reinstalling, I've still got the same problem. Suddenly it just stopped working even though I seem to be doing exactly what I should be.

check the registry

Anybody here got experience with Hero Forge ? My party want to get some minis for combat and immersion but we're not really liking those official Shadowrun minis we're seeing on ebay.

Way too fucking expensive.

explosives, lots of explosives

Yeah, no argument there since we'd probably order the "premium" plastic, but if it's good we don't mind spending some cash from time to time. The question is how well made are their miniatures.

Heroforge stuff looks decent enough bit don't expect amazing, the level of detail will probably be lower than you'd hope.

Friend of mine ordered and painted up his nier autotomato expy for a campaign a while ago.

Like fertilizer pipe bombs ?

Got any photos perhaps ?

A first-time players wants to make a mystic adept. Do y'all think that would be a bit overwhelming for a start? I'm asking because I've never touched them myself. He's coming from a background of pathfinder, if that makes a difference.

HE grenades do wonders against most vehicles. No need to start cooking in your bathtub when you can buy them off the shelf.

what edition, what chargen option and where is it set?

5th, priority, and Seattle.
Just doing things straight and normal to start them out.

Sum-to-10 is just as easy as Priority, and way better if people want to do something like play 2/5ths of the core metatypes (orcs and trolls).

Otherwise a MysAd is fine for someone starting out. It's a Magician that you can buy adept powers for, which makes it useful for certain builds. Ask what he wants to do that requires being a MysAd, because often going pure Mage or pure Adept is better.

but waht if i WANT to cook up explosives over my camping cooker ?

Then do it. I'm not your mom.

Thanks. What book is the sum-to-ten rules in? Run Faster?
And this feels like a stupid question, but are different charges types compatable? Like, if I have one player using priority and one using sum-to-ten, will they be off balance?

no RURRRRES for that atm (the cooking part).

Maybe handwave it, success on a chemistry test equals Rating of the homemade explosives?

Yeah. Sum to Ten is in Run Faster, but it's generally good to play Sum to Eleven or 12, with the proviso that the extra points are spent on metatype.

well, priority is a specific subset of sum-to-10, so they are sorta compatible, but depending on what you want, st10 can get you stronger results (eg A priority in both Attributes AND Money).
Just let everybody build with st10

Yes, Run Faster, but it's not a big set of rules.

A=4
B=3
C=2
D=1
E=0

Pick whatever choice you want in each priority category, so long as it ends up with 10. works only if you want to see a lot of nonhumans, instead of just making it a viable choice.

As a rule, you can generally make things in Sum-to-10 slightly better than you can with straight priority, but it's not a huge gap (and you can still build ABCDE with St10). Karmagen and Life Modules are the huge step down.

I'm going to make a troll adept/Mystic Adept. 5e, Priority. Idea is to make a fast bulldozer that hits like a truck (focus on melee, thrown, and bow weaponry). Possibly some ninja-action in there. Any tips on making this karma sucker?

Thrown Weapons scale higher with strength than Bows do. Specialize in a close combat skill and thrown weapons. Go Adept and make sure to grab Missile Mastery. Something like B/C/B/C/E. Poverty is a reality for the Troll magic man.

Specialize in Throwing Axes and you can use the same thing to fight in melee and throw it.

>johnson hires us to courier a large (medium crate sized) package through the SOX to another courier
>the pay is exceptional, but it's the fucking SOX
>tells us to identify the receiver by a "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" tattoo on the forehead
Anyway, are there rules for radiation?

>Reading Snow Crash for the first time
>Literally just read this chapter before going to Veeky Forums

>tells us to identify the receiver by a "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" tattoo on the forehead
That guy sounds both reliable and trustworthy.

this. Why would you come onto Veeky Forums and tell us lies?

Run & Gun 152

Hey, my GM has occasional ripoff sprees. I'm just hoping I'm not going to die in here.

About as much as some dude with "trusty" in his name.

No user, I meant I literally just read that chapter today, then came on /srg/ to see the other user stealing the plotpoint from the chapter I read not an hour earlier. It was a bit eerie.

Define 'doesn't work'

Ancap is explicitly what the megas are against. The megacorps are pseudo-corporate governments with fully socialized state industries. Anti-communist ancaps is one of the things that runners often support, because the megas are aggressively anti-free-market

So I noticed that there no rules anywhere (at least in 4e) for muscle powered vehicles like bicycles, skateboards, etc.

One of my players wants to do sick stunts on his future skateboard, but just having him roll the occasional gymnastics test for jumps,etc is all fine and good, but what about extended movement? Or being knocked off of it for that matter?
Should I just assume that muscle powered vehicles are a cheap way to get the celerity quality, but make them roll gymnastics whenever performing something other than simply moving?

Picture was on the first page when searching for SICK FLIPS and I couldn't resist...

There are rules for skates - use those for skateboards. No clue for bikes.

Is there any official (or hell, even unofficial) art for Skimmers? I've been trying to find any and I'm having shit luck with it.

In arsenal, I assume?

You could probably find some Jet Set Radio pieces that obscure the actual skates enough.

They're ground effect skirts. Look up modern hovercraft.

Reminder that if you actually buy CGL books you support 25 pages worth of equipment loadouts designed by people that think a gas mask is an effective means of protecting yourself from toxins because in no way is every dangerous inhalation toxin also a contact vector and you totally can't hold your breath for 10 CTs for free against the one that isn't.

You can actually hold your breath for free for twenty combat turns for free, with a roll giving you 5 combat turns per hit.

And while most combat toxins are contact and inhalation, some are not. Gas masks last for an hour, and are useful in other situations such as smoky environments and living in the general smog of a sprawl.

Try reading the books, it's fun and informative.

Support the single vector toxin initiative today!

>some are not.
Yeah, specifically the non-dangerous ones. Like the one that JUST makes you nauseous and nothing else.

So I've been working on a light hearted dedicated Shadowrun podcast where we discuss everything Shadowrun from roles to being a good gm to general fluff. It's been a fun yet time consuming project to edit ;_; . Is there any interest for this kind of thing or are there a ton of SR podcasts already?

Who is "we"?

And Red Masque, lethal bioweapon. And Retro, which is a standin for all the inhalation-based nerve agents like sarin gas.

Really, I mean it. Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card.

My friends I play Shadowrun with?

Yo Yekka, I think I saw in a recent chummer build that Prototype transhuman builds are broken and to contact you for career builds.

Do I still need to do that ? I'd rather not have to redo this entire character.

Not sure what book you're sourcing Red Masque from.

Retro still disperses long before you even have to roll to hold your breath, and is pretty low power/easy to resist as physical tends to be, compared to say, Neurostun X.

Also since you've already mastered the art of fun reading, why not try your hand at mastering the art of not being a cunt from the get-go?

Yes, now tell me why your friends are interesting or amusing to listen to and I can answer your question of
>Is there any interest for this kind of thing

You find your friends interesting because you like them.

Pitch us on why we should want to listen to you guys ramble on? Protip, injokes that you guys find hilarious won't translate well to complete strangers.

>Not sure what book you're sourcing Red Masque from.

Bullets and Bandages. There's three books that toxins are in. And don't come in complaining about shit when you don't know the rules and saying, "lol gas masks are useless, god forbid they have a purpose in the fluff and also are useful for people who don't want to walk around a combat zone with their cheeks belled out for a couple minutes, praying they don't sneeze."

Red Masque is a pathogen (that means disease, friend reader!) not a toxin.

I said gas masks are not an effective defense against most toxins(!) because they're dual vectors and protection from inhalation is easily achieved, not they're objectively useless in every fashion, but continue to spin whatever narrative supports your masturbatory fantasies of superiority.

My favorite part about the breath holding rules is still that there is a dedicated skill for Diving, but the roll to get more breath is Swimming.

There's interest in it, yeah. Got a link?

Diving's OP enough, it doesn't need help being the godskill.

What effects do solar/lunar eclipses have on Mana levels? Considering the effects of passing comets, I figure there must be some influence.

I wish Flying got some help. Like literally any of the things it mentions its used for actually being real gear. Like hang gliders.

>swimming + willpower
So you're saying shamans, mages and adepts are the best dicksuckers out there?

I kinda doubt it. The Sun and Moon are always there and even during an eclipse they remain at the same distances they usually drift between, just in front of each other during that time.

A passing comet is an actual intruding celestial object that normally isn't present.

I wouldn't suspect much change to the mana levels. I would however suspect that several traditions deal with eclipses differently well. Some very positively, some very negatively, aswell as numerous types of spirits and critters that also react very differently to them.

All infected team Y/N?

All topless team Y/N?

Nudist team Y/N?

All Matrix Brains-in-Jars No Fleshform team Y/N?

Depends on when it was made. Essentially you just need to go into the character file and flag the appropriate 'ware as discounted. Send me the file if you want, I'll do it for you.

>he hasn't gotten a blowjob from a dom troll adept babe

You're missing out omae

All traps team Y/N?

Who is this semen demon

Nudist traps having their motor control hijacked by brains in jars.

I'll just pitch you guys the segments for the first show and you guys can decide if it's worth a listen. I hope to have all the music compromised and the final version out next week. The podcast looks to be 45 minutes to a hour
>Gear Up
Runners discuss their favorite pieces of uncommonly used gear
>GM's Corner
We discuss and explore what makes a good gmed Shadowrun
>Role spotlight
We exam one of the classic Shadowrun roles and discuss what we think makes a good run
>Shadowrun Media
We talk about a good Shadowrun esque show or movie

I think the one on the right might be a real girl.

Thank you for that new fetish!

Wouldn't a trap being a nudist kind of defeat the whole "trap" aspect?

Still haven't given any reason to listen to you guys instead of read it ourselves.

You gotta sell us on your group.

A lot of these are highly opinionated segments, so it really depends on the personal likeability and autism levels of your friends.