/cyoa/ general

Old thread: Pasta bin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

>this is OC btw

are you also the one who made the oasis in the desert one?

This is comfy as hell, user. I won't have time to post a build until later today but I love it. Great job.

part 2 when and where?

I think that's the first time in a long time that I have seen someone post the incomplete version.

Okay, first attempt at missions. Put in numbers for mission points, weapons and some of the stage costs and finished the flavour text for a few.
Since I'm more of a writer than image editor, or number cruncher, I'll probably have to remake it several times, so feedback please.

Angel's birthday is in 9 days, by the way.

i cant pinpoint what exactly- but something about your layout makes your CYOA incomprehensible, maybe its the font or borders

Still blank spaces for costumes, buildings and gadgets, but that's flavour text. I'll make it for them once I make the cyoa actually playable.

Yeah, I know. Its too compressed, when it should have more space around the text and images. Like this example somebody from here made.

yea

>A Mystery
>Center of Town
>Welcoming voice
This has such a good tone. Comfy with just the right amount of sinister lurking in the fog.

But that's way beyond me. I'll sooner write a short book about this cyoa, than make it look as good.

fair enough

cant say id do any better- dont think id even manage to get as far as you

I'll probably make this page bigger though. Its too compressed even for me.

thnaks m8

this narrator is creepy as fuck desu

>letting a woman be your guide

Unless we're going shopping that sounds like a bad idea.

hunter - center - retired hunter

Doesn't feel comfy at all to me. Feels like you're surrounded by crazy people and hostile beings hidden in the darkness. Don't understand how one can think the cyoa is comfy after reading the descrpitions of the cottage, the first inhabitant or the lady from the forest

What in the fuck is this place, some sort of hellish limbo? Silent Hill style?

A mystery, square box, the first inhabitant.

They won't mind if I go nude right? I mean, the windows go both ways so best give them a show as well. One advice from /x/ that always stuck with me: when you're scared just whip it out babe.

>hunter
>town
>first inhabitant
if its a comfy town i enjoy it, if its some kind of hell i kill it- easy enough

Have you read Urban Unease? It feels a bit lik that, especially with The Young Lady implying those lurking in the fog might not be all bad.

only glanced through, I don't like "comfydark"

what hell is this?
>hunter
>centre of town
>retired hunter

Sea of Sand?
Nope. Decided not to do the way more depressing cyoa instead thanks to reading it.
Neat. I was hoping to aim for that "world is burning but it's okay in here just don't think too hard about what's outside" feeling.
It ripped off what little I know about Waifuborne aka pretty much nothing except there's a doll, she may or may not be an eldritch abomination and also you teleport to the Hunter's Dream via lamp posts.
Well that wasn't really the idea but sure if you like that idea then roll with it.

>Decided not to do the way more depressing cyoa instead thanks to reading it.
In a good way or a bad way?

I'm keep having dreams about a tulpa except she's a ghost inhabiting my mind. Please provide a CYOA related to this if you can

>ishowedyoumine2.jpg
p-post the first image?

>a Hunter
>By the Swamp

There once was a Hunter who fell into a dream
He lived in a cottage down by the villagers' stream
Kind as they were, the Hunter was kinder
In this dream like a web spun by a spider
The Hunter he set out to set them all free
And none from his boundless generosity would flee
The Huntress he killed with a knife he had hid
The Eldest he burned, her home like a candle he lit
The Youngest he smothered until she breathed no more
The Watcher he clawed to pieces, his hands bloody and sore
The Voice he had poisoned, never again would she speak
The Lady he mocked, her friends were dead and she was weak
There once was a Hunter who fell into a dream
That dream he unraveled, seam to seam

I love making shitty poems. Good cyoa!

Well space said he wanted to hug me when I showed him the parts i already had written down.
So probably in a good way. Jesus it's depressing.

Seriously. First section of options is this:
"How do you deal?
Painkillers. Surely your emotional anguish will be quelled if you take away the physical pain. Grab another pill bottle, down the handfull. You don't need water, it doesn't hurt to swallaw a handfull of pills anymore. Even if it does, it doesn't matter. You can get over a painful throat.
Alcohol. Happiness is at the bottom of the bottle. That's what you said when you downed your last drink and the one before it. It's what you say now. It's what you'll say when you drink the next one, and when you resume your habit tomorrow. At least you're not driving since you never leave the house except for a refill.
Stronger drugs. A little prick and a squeeze of the ampule and you can temporarily go to happiness.
??? / Antidepressants. Depressed. Sure, let's call it that. You take the pills and make your psychiatrist happy. You tell them you feel better. You feel deader than ever before. Numb. You've tried stabbing your fingertips just to make sure you were alive, if only by the basic definition.
"

>Step into the light, so I can read your tics
No.

>Who are you

>Where do you wish to live
I think I'm going to move on.

>Do you want a gu-
No.

Depressing CYOAs have earned their place as well. In this day and age of comfy, waifus and power fantasy ... we need more alternatives.

Christ, that's heavy. Good luck, user. For whatever it's worth I really liked One Small Dream.

>Personal
Immortality (36)

>Reincarnation
No Background

>Context
Nobledark (40)

>Power Gain
Soulfeeder

>Class
Assassin

Strength- 4 + 1= 5
Defense- 1 + 2= 3
Agility- 4 + 1= 5
Dexterity- 1 + 1 + 2= 4
Intelligence- 1 + 2 + 1= 4
Willpower- 1 + 2 + 1= 4

>Skills
Craftsmanship- Alchemy I (39), Alchemy II (36)
Combat- Infiltration (33), Ranged I (32), Ranged II (30), Ranged III (27), Melee I (26), Melee II (24), Offhanding I (23), Offhanding II (21), Combat Magic I (20), Combat Magic II (18), Combat Magic III (14)
Mental- Improved Healing (13), Disarming I (12), Suberb Affinity (11), Level Head (9), Fast Learner (8)

>Magic
Illusion II (2)

>Equipment
NONE!

>Companions
2x Custom, both craftsman. One a blacksmith/enchanter, the other a cook/tailor

>Starting City
Saastal

>Perks
Personal Spring
Hunter's Haven
Lucky

>Accomodations
Small House (0)
Main District

>Hidden Ability
Protagonist Drive

>Goals
Kill the Archdemon

>Afflictions
None at the moment

>In this day and age of comfy, waifus and power fantasy ... we need more alternatives.
Real life should be enough of an alternative.

This cyoa would be perfect if you could pick your own spirit and then picked your bf/gf. It might be my low self-worth but I really dislike being the powerless partner to a superhuman. Makes me feel useless.

Demons are evil. Do you have any cyoas for the faithful people? May I humbly request something nice about angels, paladin or the God-Emperor?

i pick aigu

What the fuck.

This isn't Kantai Collection anymore.

holy shit thanks
i need moar of this

I Dream of Genie user made me learn I love melancholy/depressing cyoas the most. Loli abduction cyoa and Waifu hatred cyoa taught me humor cyoas rank second place.
I swear this isn't what I think. I'm exaggerating for effect. I wrote that after reading Sea of Sand so I was in tip top shape to write melancholy.
And that's neat to know. It's been a while since I made a cyoa.

If it helps I giggle each time I remember what in the hell I wrote that day.

This is pretty good.

>Personal
Immortal (Free)
Physique Change (2)
Appearance Change (4)

>Reincarnation
Ascending Prince (6) +1 Attr

>Context
Grimdark +6 pt (0)

>Power Gain
Soulfeeder

>Attributes
[Duelist] (12) +1 Int, +1 Wil, +1 Dex, +1 Agi
Strength 5
Defense 6
Agility 6
Dexterity 7
Intelligence 3
Willpower 3

>Skills
Melee 3 (22) +1 Dex, +1 Str, +1 Agi
Armor +1 Def
Ranged 3 (32) +1 Str, +1 Def, +1 Dex
Infiltration
Offhand 3 (38) +1 Def, +1 Agi, +2 Dex
Improved Healing (39)
Fast Learner (40)
Multiple Focus (42) +1 Int
Level Head (44) +1 Wil
Tactics (47) +1 Def

>Magic
Illusion (50)

>Equipment
Medium Armor (53)
Exotic Materials (57)
Weight (60)
Repairing (62)
Coated (63)

>Companions
Memory (my buddy)
Divine Intuition

>Starting City
Kaiserbourg

>Perks
Beneficiary
Connections
Brothers in Arms

>Housing
Apartment
Main District

>Hidden Power
Retry Drive

>Goal
Kill the Archdemon

>Drawbacks
That's the Alarm user
Fated I
Guilty

>I have been scrambling to find people who's love life isn't already fated
>mfw
Ah, I see how it is...

Anyways, I would go for Alice. She seems like a really nice person, and god damn it she needs a hug.

Oh yeah and the box
I'll stop now don't worry

You know, tomorrow's Eclipse sounds like the perfect premise for a cyoa. What is going to happen?

Some dumbasses are going to go blind despite all the warnings given to them by modern society.

Astral goatse.

My alien waifu will finally enslave me

gently

I like to imagine SDA took the pictures himself.
I don't know but why don't you brainstorm some ideas, add some text and an image and present it in picture form?

Honestly, I don't know how you go blind staring at it. Looking at the sun for more than a second hurts.

Fuck you bitch I googled that and it's only in North America. Eat a whole bag of dicks.

I hope we all die.

I wish I hadn't procrastinated so much on the CYOA I'm making. If it had been done by now, tomorrow would have been the perfect time to post it.

Binoculars, mostly. Occasional telescopes.

I hope we all die after having a long, beautiful and fulfilled life.

An adventurer
square box
lady of the forest
pretty neat cyoa, kinda wish there was another page or something.

This is actually quite interesting, though there is no mauch in terms of options, you can take the most of them and only real choice is spouse and if you go with superior numbers of troops over your enemies or take challenge of raising 15k. Also what the hell STIG supposed to mean, is it a real word?

Though any CYOA about feudalism of any kind is welcome for me.

An Adventurer
Lone Watchtower
The First Inhabitant

This is some quality comfydark user, kind of has a painted world vibe going on but with a foggy forest theme rather then snow, love it.

Isekai, I hope.

I'm glad it helped out, then. I like your stuff so I'm real happy to see more.

Sorry for the things that I know I put you through, no matter what you always put a smile upon my face

Just know that I love you more than anything, just incase we all die

>vast majority of male companions/husbands wear helmets and have their faces hidden
>all female companions/wives are pretty and their face is clearly visible

Seems pretty reprensentative of the available art. Female armor frequently shows the face and mor skin.

Some assholes probably going to be driving while staring at the sky and have traffic be all sorts of fucked up.

On the plus side, maybe truck-san will come for us then.

In medival times looks mattered MUCH less for males than females when choosing a spouse

I looked up "art male knight" and all of the results except for one on page 3 had visible faces. This was a design choice, I just don't get why? Why hide their faces, then actively choose to describe their hair colour?

Example, the first result.

The truck of destiny?
I hope so.

>smiting evil beasts with Azrael
>joining the Army of Heaven
The first option is the best option and the true path of righteous. Thank you good user.

Another page of what? I had a plan for a "some time later" section but it always feels weird to me to have those.
Neat, thanks. I don't know what painted world is like though.
Thanks man. I love Black & White a whole bunch.

All the previous text is about how you calculate that.

>geez, user, you know what this beloved setting that prides itself on freedom and independence needs?
>tell me, user
>a cabal of multiversal corporations, factions and shadow councils to manipulate, rule and control the players!
>yer a genius, user