What do you prefer in fantasy settings, northern or southern hemisphere?

What do you prefer in fantasy settings, northern or southern hemisphere?

Flat world.

northern, harsh cold is more survival oriented

Flat earth would still have biomes depending on how the sun works

I quite like to have Mediterranean based fantasy settings, Italian, Spanish, Greek, Turkish, and North African cultures makes for a nice variety

Bring on the I C E
I also like forests

Obligatory:
>why can't we have both

On the inside of a giant ring molded around an ancient dragon in its death throes.

Have survival rules ever been more intensive than "You need this equipment, roll one check and make sure you have enough rations?"

I like my cold northern settings as much as the next guy, but survival elements in RPGs seem pretty glossed over.

The cold definitely makes having taverns and shit comfy as fuck though

My fellow of darker complexion

I've never played in a game where survival was done well but it defenitly seems doable

not sure if stupid or...

depends on the game and the gm, if the gm really hammered the sensational descriptions and used imagery then survival will seem dire and fascinating, if you are playing on a blank white white grid you roll a skill check then no

what do you think temperature have to do with hemisphere?

I'd swear I read this as
>if the GM is really hammered
Now I'm imagining my gm drunk and trying to do survival.

Northern.
I like snow and winter.

The south is just a fun place to visit.

Unless we go far enough south anyway.

I suppose most of us are predisposed to assume an Earth-like planet where the northest north has more landmass and thus civilizations to be part of on it than the southest south.

ok then have it your way, suppose weather has nothing to do with hemisphere, what is the point of OP's choice then? There might be no difference in hemisphere, or some random arbitrary difference that can't be determined. If that were the case then his question is meaningless. So I defaulted to a reasonable assumption of what he meant, what climate do you prefer.

This is more likely of a better answer. Our world has most of the landmass in the north for some memetical reason. So there isn't much to tell about the south because the only thing comparable to Alaska would be the southest bit of Argentina and Chile. The rest is just too many latitudes above. And there is no southern equivalent of Iceland.

We will never know what it feels like to have a world where the landmass is on the south.

What the hell do biomes have to do with norh vs south emispheres?

Not him and it doesn't have to.

It's like you never heard about Alderson Disk

>the only thing comparable to Alaska would be the southest bit of Argentina and Chile
Imagine Alaska being covered in birches and having constant, harsh winds.

Welcome to Tierra del Fuego

Nothing.

But it's American daytime hours and this is thread related to geography, so go fucking figure

>We will never know what it feels like to have a world where the landmass is on the south.
>Literally feels the same as it does now

I prefer vikings in the north.

Southern. Antarctica, to be precise.