Fate of Konor: Chaos 3 days away from winning a planet?

As of right now there's 3 Days, 14 Hours (give or take a few mintues) left to for the Imperium to take back the planet of Vanitor. Based on the narrative GW's pushing right now, the Imperium must win this planet, or else Chaos will consume the system via Warp Storms in the long run (-insert preferred grumbling about Chaos being Geedub's pet faction here-).

Can the Imperium pull out a come-from-behind win, or will Chaos finally win a planet?

>Debrief on the situation on the ground:
warhammer40000.com/blog/week-four-vanitor/

>Week 4's Mission: INTO THE HELLMOUTH
warhammer40000.com/mission-4-into-the-hellmouth/

>PDF of this week's mission:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/08/40k_Campaign_Envelope_cards_Mission4_Imperium.indd_.pdf

>Check here for constant updates on the global campaign:
konor.warhammer40000.com/

Prev. Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13546417
strawpoll.me/13546413
strawpoll.me/13546406
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>or else Chaos will consume the system via Warp Storms in the long run
>after Imperium wins 3 times
I tried so hard and got so far

Fuck this "chaos always wins at the end" narrative, thats the main reason I want to see chaos get fucked

Yeah, seriously, this is why almost every xeno player I know fights for the Imperium.

>win 3 battles
>won't matter anyways if Chaos wins just once
t. Geedubs fluff writers

I hate the current lore and the direction it's taking. Constant Gayos and Bobby G wank, while all the other factions are more or less NPCs.

Remember it started at like a 75/25 split favoring chaos across all zone. Amazing job losing that lead boyos.

anybody got any battle reports from the weekend?

>or else Chaos will consume the system via Warp Storms in the long run
Not to rain on the imperium pity parade here, but where's the relevant quote on this? I don't remember seeing anything to support that assertion.

Chaos has a very slight lead in all three sectors. Kind of suspicious actually, wonder where all these Chaosfags were before.

It's always been this way. Even in the Black Crusade campaign from years back, the xenos were an afterthought with the spotlight being Imperium vs Chaos.

This is how it's been since the Horus Heresy.

How does one counter plague marine BS?

As a Guard player I am having trouble with the disgustingly resilient save.

What should I take to counter this BS?

How? can Chaos win this if the mission is so easy for the attacker?

Endlessly respawning Celestines or Girlymans, Oh you kill my LoW? Here is back again.
It is impossible for the defenders to win.

A gun

>God ultimately wins in the ends
>that's why I am gonna burn down churches and kill Christians

Seriously?

>Remember it started at like a 75/25 split favoring chaos across all zone. Amazing job losing that lead boyos.
To be fair, each mission does start on a Thursday, and its now halfway through the week.

You're guard, so just bring more guns. Like, all the guns.....Stormtroopers, bring Stormtroopers.

128pts for 4plasma guns+1 plasma pistol 10 man team Scions, or 64pts for a 4 plasma gun
Scion command team with a 40pt Prime with command stick for 2 orders. Overcharge with reroll to 1's and each one that goes through causes 2 dmg. Eventually you'll start killing things through volume. Point this at monsters and tanks for equally effective results.

that allegator dont even make any sense bro

Chaos has been gaining each week, this is exactly what I guessed would happen this week.

Do you think GW is inflating the numbers? Or just weighing Chaos victories?

it just seems like more xenos players are giving points to chaos honestly

Well, back when this all started off most xenos races were in the 'screw 'em both over' category, with (iirc) Dark Eldar being the highest leaning pro-Chaos faction when polled on the Fate of Konor subject.

>It is impossible for the defenders to win.
Xenosfag here who rolled defender for this mission against a bunch of Primaris and won.

It's doable. All the defender needs to do is hold all 3 objective markers (all of which are inside their own territory to start with) at the end of the game and they have 9 easy victory points right there.

>Imperium wins 3 times in a row by solid margins and gets minor things like supply lines, munitions etc.
>Chaos only barely winning one and we get OMG CHAOS IS WINNING FOREVER NOTHING EVEN MATTERS
Choo Choo, all aboard for the railroad trip.

I found that a manticore is useful to combat plague marines. I've almost 1-shot complete squads of them before. The only issue is the limited ammunition, and the fact that there would probably be better targets for it in most cases, but I use them and sheer volume of fire to equal effect.

Anything that does a volume a D2 or more shots, like Autocannons or Hellions(I know you don't have these as guard) because that basically makes them take a double save.

so what sort of planets would be left? shrine and feral/death/ultramarine recruiting world maybe?

If Chaos wins this round, all other planets in the system are fucked. It really doesn't matter what they are.

yes it does desu

>so what sort of planets would be left? shrine and feral/death/ultramarine recruiting world maybe?
Probably a shrine world.

Maybe a death world.

GW might be constantly lubricating Chaos' schlong with their mouths for the last 6 years, but they ain't dumb enough to decide the entire Fate of Konor campaign based on 1 planet instead of going for the full 6 like they originally planned.

>the entire Fate of Konor campaign based on 1 planet instead of going for the full 6 like they originally planned
Okay, user. Konor system won't implode the second daemon planet awakens but GW will write in the epilogue how its corrupting influence poisoned minds of the system residents and led to its downfall in 100-200 years. Do you like this kind of slow fuck-you-Chaos-still-won better?

>Do you like this kind of slow fuck-you-Chaos-still-won better?
>Not realizing Bobby G wouldn't just declare the Exterminatus on the planet if it's lost.
Astropaths silenced, crisis averted.

I made those polls

strawpoll.me/13546417
strawpoll.me/13546413
strawpoll.me/13546406

>Everything dies and nothing lasts forever.
>Countless populated worlds and systems.
>Life as an Imperial citizen is shit.
>Save 3 out of 6 planets, so far.
>Bitch when losing 1

You lore-fags are the worst of the worst. And you tools aren't even doing this shit proper cause, asshole to teakettle, i bet most people bitching are Xeno players you just wanted to stick it to Chaos cause easy win. Now that we got a codex, artifacts and WL traits, everyone jumps ship.

It isn't about losing one planet, it's about the "benefits" Imperium gained for the previous three being minor compared with "if Chaos wins this one everything else stops mattering".

Ah okay, I usually run Lascannons but I think I'll swap for autocannons next time.

Manticore? Interesting, I would not of guessed. How about a Shadowsword?

That sounds disgustingly effective... IL run it next game and see what I can do.

You sound like a conscript.

Like said, sudden lopsidedness in terms of impact on the lore for Vanitor, which is kinda important since GW's actually advancing the storylines based on these results iirc, is rather annoying.

Are you serious or are you just pissed that Chaos might win a world?

If they forcing a win for chaos what is even the point of playing. I benched my chaos because it's a hollow victory

Problem is that they don't win one world only, they'll win the campaign because of one world.

How are they forcing a win?

The hell are you talking about? The world just grants more daemon reinforcements for Chaos. The previous three worlds gave three more men,more tanks, and food to feed them both. You whining cause Chaos might win and have one advantage over the Imperium's three?

Because this one advantage somehow outweighs all others.

Oh no, the Imperium might lose for once.

If that stops the Chaos players from whining that they can't win shit because:
>Too many Imperium players;
>GW only cares about the Imperium
>Releases
>Xenos are against them

I'm okay with it. Let them win one just so they can stop being annoying.

In all seriousness, Chaos winning one would be the first real evidence that the whole thing wasn't intentionally designed to be an Imperium stomp.

>Imperials get all the advantages of winning worlds except one
>Chaos just gets one

Just ain't fair brah and this world is not a done deal.

How?

>Without this key communications outpost, the system would be left completely isolated from the wider Imperium.
>If the Imperials cannot break through this formidable barrier, the agony of the tortured astropaths will only flare brighter, drowning Vanitor in the surging tides of the warp. Surely the damnation of the entire Konor System will swiftly follow.
This is being put out as a far more significant for the entire campagin than any other planet so far.

Here is the thing, as there are more Imperium players, but most stores decided that one will give points to Chaos, then there is very little problem with it.

>not wanting Konor to get fucked
>not wanting Ultramarines to be knocked down a peg in the lore
Although I doubt it is going to happen now that Matt Ward is back to stroke the cock of the spiritual liege

Chaos needs to get knocked down several pegs in the lore first. Let someone else be relevant again.

Why that image though?

>t. Imperium appropriating Xenos culture.

>Fate of Konor
might as well as rename the system to Vanitor

Chaos is always being knocked down a peg thematically, though. They never achieve anything of worth (Cadia is a huge divergence of this), since the Imperium always manage to just barely win and Chaos run away screaming YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME! The fluff writers saying YEAH BUT CHAOS DOESN'T NEED TO WIN LOL was purely because they're bitter the higher-ups (most probably Tom Kirby) would never let them have a proper Chaos victory. Remember, Kirby was almost solely responsible for enforcing the status quo in both WH and 40k. Rountree has shaken this up immensely with End Times and Dark Imperium.

That's because the only thing chaos players count as a "win" is the complete destruction of the galaxy. And there are plenty of former Fantasy players ready to tell you why this is a terrible, terrible idea.

Or a "win" is:
>Killing the Emperor;
>Killing a Primarch (already done, but apparently they need more).
>Clearly not fucking up Fenris
>Clearly not destroying Cadia

>And there are plenty of former Fantasy players ready to tell you why this is a terrible, terrible idea
Except WHFB was dangerously close to dying, and AoS is vastly more popular and largely helped return GW to prominence.

That just reads as more daemon reinforcements for Chaos. Big deal. How is it more different than Imperials getting more tanks and men?

The reason behind the change is irrelevant. Fantasy's demise has shown us that the only thing that apparently counts as a Chaos victory means the end of 40K.

You'll excuse me if I pass on that.

>ending 40k at the advent of 8th
Youz a git.jpeg

That's stupid in the extreme. Chaos winning in a system or a sector doesn't equate to the end of the setting which is a far off thing that will take hundreds of years to happen.

>That just reads as more daemon reinforcements
>the system would be left completely isolated from the wider Imperium
Read again

> Dispite being cut off from the wider imperium with no reinforcements the ultra marines still held the Konor system.
You know it to be true imperium fag.

>the system would be left completely isolated from the wider Imperium

Wouldn't matter since the system will reinforce itself with the resources of the three won planets.

To be fair, they've got an entire Forge World and the resources thereof. That's billions of troops, tens of millions of Kataphrons, Revenant treatments to resurrect the dead Guardsmen as Adsecularis line troops/cannon fodder, most of a Baskilion Astra battlegroup, whatever Ordo Reductor/Cybernetica/Myrmidon/Electropriest cults are present on the planet and any secret nonsense they have stashed away. They have Hive/Agri worlds to feed it, too. That could win a sector-wide war on its own most of the time.

Yeah I was just countering the
>"WHY CHAOS HAB THINGS?!"
From the other guys post shot is bonkers haha

Yeah, but apparently winning a system doesn't count as a Chaos victory given how believes that Chaos has never achieved anything of worth.

There isn't one, because it's total bullshit. Chaos isn't the preferred faction for geedubs, it always has been and always will be the Imperium.
Jesus, you faggots might lose ONE GODDAMN WORLD and now you're throwing a tantrum over it? God, I hope you shitheads DO lose the planet.

>B-but chaos tears and the ultimate imperium sweep! W-why they gib chaos a codex?? Fucking spiky cheaters!

>Last week
>I-it's not fair guys! W-w-w-we are the strongest, most terrible faction there is! Fucking n-npc races! Help us you fucks! Everyone is against us, it's r-rigged!
>This week
>Ha-ha! Fucking salty cucks, get fucked, Chaos strong, we were just pretending to be retarded!

I've seen one of that just imperium shit talking. All the chaos players I've seen on here still think you'll take the planet. Stop being a whiny making things up lil'bitch.

>This mad about winning overall but throwing chaos a bone once. Chaos are still gonna lose nigga.

What is this projection? Only Imperialfags shittalked/

Is it okay if I don`t care who wins in this campaign in fluff terms, but want Imperium to win 6vs0 in the end, so that GW organize it better next time? I mean fuck, it`s week 4 and Chaos only now got codex? Fucking hell. Couldn`t just wait with this Konor bull until the codex release?

I know the truth user. Chaos has been quite tame through all this honestly. And all you see is rage/shitpost baiting from imperial dudes.

yeah this. What the fuck did GW expect to happen when they released a shit load of new space marine stuff right before the event?

Bullshit, I only seen Chaosfags complaining about how much they cant win shit;

They have exceped it though. They all still think they will lose this planet. The real butthurt is from you guys bitching about imaginary bitching.

mark me wordz ya grot

Look at this shit:
>I don't think you realize the issue; we're outnumbered 2:1. We literally cannot overcome that margin, and it's horseshit that the popularity of one faction is the entire reason that faction is winning the campaign.

>well its already a forgone conclusion that lorewise the imperium wins. regardless of its outcome. but we need to think that people dont look at it that way. you need to treat it as an isolated moment to be involved in the cool world to tell a story. and sometimes your playing the guy getting squashed regardless of how well you do. and sometimes your the victor. and that regardless of the side your on. you have to stand up and play that role, even if its not one you want to play.

See? A lot of a bitching from Chaosfags, straight out of reddit.

I'll take ultrawank over Chaoswank any day.

Pretty much.
EOT was different cause chaos was the underdog in that campaign and it qas very well written.
Now its literally plot devices, mary sues and deux ex machinas everywhere.

Mat ward killed WHF 7th and 8th.

Come on, you can't let that bunch of traitors win. What are you doing?

>What about a Shadowsword?
Not sure, haven't ever ran one before, but I would probably not use one on them unless there weren't more viable targets.

Yes, yes it most certainly is. A few weeks ago I faced off against a DG player and spamming melta/plasma teams of Scions backed up by the angriest of boxes (Taurox Prime) with the Gatling/Volley Gun combo can unleash a hilarious amount of firepower at a target to kill it with sheer weight of fire. Add some volley gun teams and watch 4 guys pump out 16 shots a turn, all with AP -2.

It was actually kind of unfair, so keep the scion spam to a limit otherwise it gets just unfun for your opponent.

>Solar eclipse happening as we speak
>Vanitor becoming a massive warp schism
>Everyone crying about a 3:1 advantage

It is a good day for Chaos, my bros. Looks like it's time for me to start painting my 12 Heralds... Loving this Psyker week.

It's just as likely that they have an advantage due to the theme- when it comes to psykers Chaos has a big advantage in the form of Daemons. Remember that they gain double points from them in both battles and painting since all but the Khorne Daemons are psykers.

>Primaris got a new OP rules
>still loosing

Ya, very much this.

I am pretty sure i will entirely turn my local shop from Imperial control over to Chaos with the sheer numbers of daemon psykers I will be bring in before Thursday is here.