Which one is the worst?

Which one is the worst?

And why is it none of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_(cosmogony)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worst as in what?
Badly written, most evil, weakest?
Khorne at least had the worst change during the history of warhammer.

All of them are worst, because they aren't actually chaotic despite their collective name implying just that.
Chaos Gods (well, besides Malal) are dogmatic as fuck.

Any of them is the worst, I'll pray for your soul while I track your IP.

Are those 4 pieces of art official or fanart? I never knew.

GW is the worst

Slaanesh is easily the most cringeworthy. His "sex and drugs" part appeals only to little kids, and the "excess and perfection" never really caught on.

It's none of them because they are all inherently human (at least in 40k). Each one of them is an essential part of human emotion and what makes them terrible is that they represent devotion of yourself to obsession over one single facet of existence to spite life itself. They are the enemies of all life because they turn you against what makes life worth living
Hooold, up - there was a change Khorne underwent? What was he before hand? I'm interested in anything that makes the most unentertaining Chaos god compelling

Chaos ≠ chaos. It's the capital c that makes the difference

All of them are the worst. Chaos is the worst, faggiest part of 40k by far.

Fan made re-draw of early official art.

Slaanesh really needs to shift fully to the later. The sex stuff just resulted in sticking tits on things, and with the PG era they cant even do that, resulting in them being stuck in a dull limbo between areas other factions do better. Meanwhile I've yet to see anyone dislike Heresy era EC or Sigvald.

This. I very much appreciate a well timed sick joke, but I never met so many people who lifelessly spam the word "rape." I dont even trip about that word its just so repetitive and awkward after awhile

jesus
slaneesh makes me hard

Khorne by a mile. Sometimes his followers manage to be interesting, and especially in fantasy he had the whole "cowards won't get to valhalla" thing going, but the concept was already pretty one-dimensional in the beginning and if possible it even got dumbed down with time.

Legend says that Khorne used to be honourable.

Never actually found the edition that occurred in.

16th for Khorne

They're all pretty one note, imho. I get why, with aesthetic/thematic coherence on the tabletop, but it makes them really fucking boring in fluff

Nurgle has the worst rewards
Tzentch has the worst personality
Slannesh dishes out the worst punishments

Khorne has the worst job security

Tzentch is the only one who has a personality.

I guess that would give him the worst personality.

Anyway if we all agree that the chaos gods suck so much then why are they so damn interesting?

The thing with Nurgle is that while you turn into a festering, sloppy pile of entrails, ooze and rotten flesh you don't actually suffer for it, he'll rewire you to feel good, elated even.

Slaanesh is just overcompensating because he/her/it can't get anymore of his/her/it/xczahxc's favourite snacks anymore.

You are referring to a slightly warped version of the Legend I guess.

The point is that Khorne doesn't care if the person doing the killing thinks they are being honourable.

The one they kicked out of the Immatrium and who went on to create the Tyranids.

Because they are multi-faceted, like humans, because they stem from the human condition.

I prefer to think of the Chaos Gods as not the one-dimensional cartoon villains they are usually portrayed as. They embody all the good and bad humans are capable of.

How many people do you meet in daily life that seem to want to shut their eyes to anything negative? Positive traits are praised while anyone who expresses negative thoughts are seen as curmudgeons, not team players or hateful and dangerous at worst. Such humans are denying their nature, they aren't complete beings! The complete being is one who recognizes and acknowledges that they are capable of the worst evil and the greatest good, to embrace their human potential, at any cost for it is what you are. It is a beautiful thing. The Chaos Gods are therefore personifications of everything that makes humans, human.

Chaos is humanity. The true gods of humanity.

>I prefer to think of the Chaos Gods as not the one-dimensional cartoon villains they are usually portrayed as. They embody all the good and bad humans are capable of.

Yeah, it's be nice if they were depicted like that, but having your most zealous and visible worshipers being a bunch walking abominations who desperately want to tear you to pieces in the manner that most favors their chosen god.
Admittedly I imagine the forces of chaos are those that decided to take that shit to the Nth degree, but I doubt GW is gonna put much focus the Nurgelite who caught space cancer, then chose to enjoy what little time he had less as best he could rather than fear his own mortality.

That is precisely why I rather think of them that way. 40k is a business first, universe second kinda deal. There's no money in the small un-exaggerated potatoes, same reason why you never see nice wholesome agriworlds or civilized worlds were life is pretty comfy and they have our level of tech and law, just with Emps in every holy place instead of Jesus or what have you.

We see some of both in the Cain books and black crusade books respectivly, still not nearly enough I agree.

A thing I wish we had in more settings in general thay we get plenty of in real life, evil followers of non evil aligned deities

Slannesh has the best rewards
Nurgle has the best personality
Tzentch has the best punishments

Man that would be a hell of a thing to pull, just take a whole year of promo material from the chaos perspective, not like the blood pact or the other fanatic cults, but the guys running their planets, keeping the dark churches or just defending their families from the imperium.

The salt from the 12 year Olds would be glorious, both the imperium fags and the edglords alike

I like tzeentch because he's the closest to living up to the chaotic nature of the warp. Partly by actually working with more of his domains at once, changes, schemes, sorcery, fate, and hope.

With the exception of sorcery, tzeentch cannot actually win at any of his aspects and must ultimately self sabotage, lest there be no schemes to plot, no fates to change, no hopes left to hold out, and he'd die

>created tyrannids

s-source?

It's old Rogue Trader lore GW was going to use before they lost the rights to Malal. Supposedly when they booted him out of the Warp, instead of dying, he hid between the shadows of two galaxies and started spamming his greatest creations, beings that seek only to consume and destroy everything, the Tyranids, which were going to originally just be bug-like chimeras. They were refluffed as aliens after what happened to Malal legally.

So Malal is never coming home?

F

Well, Slaanesh is objectively the worst since xe's getting the axe for being too """"""""""""problematic""""""""""

Gotta pander to those special interest groups that don't even play the games. That's just the thing to do these days.

>Khorne doens't care whence the blood flows
>Khorne will offer greater rewards for spilling the blood of champions
fuck Khorne

The corpse emperor of course.

I find Slaanesh and Nurgle to be the most convincing of the gods. They're meant to represent the most primal drives and emotions of sentient beings, and the pursuit of pleasure - Slaanesh - and the avoidance of pain - Nurgle - are literally the most fundamental principles of life.

>special interest groups
Wallmart moms pay for their children's toys user.

>sir, we can spill a lot more blood in the name Khrone if we use discipline and unite our efforts on the imperials
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 1v1 ME FGT ILL DECK U WITH MY CHAINAXE
This is why chaos undivided is the only option.

Wait, who was Malal?

Now he goes under name Malice - chaos god that wants to destroy other chaos gods

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_(cosmogony)
I always took it mean chaos in the sense of the ancient Greeks.

>shift fully to the later
*latter
Traps are gay.>I prefer to think of the Chaos Gods as not the one-dimensional cartoon villains they are usually portrayed as. They embody all the good and bad humans are capable of.
So you dislike chaos so much you've had to come up with some severe headcanon to make them less shitty?

>headcanon.

Fuck off, Carnac.

Making shit up that isn't in any source material is essentially headcanon.

Whoa... Some Chaos Dwarfs worshipped Khorne? Fucking ingrates...

Why would anyone ever worship Khorne over the other three?

>Slaanesh: Eternal pleasure, hedonistic excess in anything you pursue. Logically would be the most popular choice among normies, but is the youngest
>Tzeentch: Forbidden knowledge, power, successful plots and intrigues. The choice of scholars nobles etc
>Nurgle: Eternal comfort, undying body, protection (of sorts) from illness, company of the like-minded. Could be a popular choice for the average desperate shit-tier hive worlder, plus he spreads plagues to convert people
>Khorne: You get to be like, really angry and hit things forever

It appears to me like Khorne would logically be a minor niche god worshipped by psychopaths and warlike primitives, but somehow he's the Chaos posterboy and is equal to the other three. Yeah, in the grimdarkness of the far future there is only war and all, but what reason does average farmer joe have to worship him? What does Khorne offer to billions or trillions of people across the galaxy who never fight?

Slaneesh is like perpetual torment and agony, clearly the worst by far. There's a reason the eldar go to such lengths to avoid she who thirsts.

The other gods? Khorne will brutally murder you, but that's all he wants, and he's an honorable guy. Nurgle cooks up awful spaceAIDS but he just wants people to give up and be content, and tzeetch keeps the universe entertaining with his complex scheming.

Perpetual torment and agony that feels fucking amazing. Literally everything a Slaaneshi tard does is stimulating. Imagine every single keystroke sending ripples of sexual energy from your fingertips right to your loins and you experience an intense orgasm each time. Now put spikes on those keys and they feel even more gratifying. Pain is no longer a distressing feeling.

It always seemed to me that Khorne being the oldest and Slaanesh the youngest was exactly the wrong way round

People have waged war long before they grew hedonistic. Hedonism wasn't possible before technology made it easier to live. Eldar are the opposite example of the Old Ones when it comes to how you live your live thanks to techology.

Pleasure is the fundamental principle of biology. Its the only reason anything does anything. All living things seek positive stimuli and avoid negative stimuli. Surely Slaanesh is the most primal of the gods bar none.

You know how autists get overstimulated in public and go into wailing retard rampage mode? This is your brain on slaanesh.

Khorne is no different from the other gods as he represents a primitive instinct: the thrill of fighting, hunting and competing.
You don't need to be an astartes to enjoy fighting. It's a strong instinct just like fucking, being curious and self preservation. Besides, most humans live on either colossal shitholes or war zones. Between chaos, xenos and criminals, I don't think there would be a lot of people who aren't familiar with violence.

I would say that what you are talking of is a macro-emotion, whereas Chaos Gods tend to fixate on micro-emotions, or offshoot emotions. Slaanesh is a corruption of the human reward system because even negative stimuli become positive stimuli. The detrimental effects of unbridled hedonism are ignored, or worse, they become yet another positive stimuli for the Slaaneshi worshiper to experience.

Slaanesh came to be because the Eldar didn't care what effect their debased indulgence was having on their society.

You are deluded, my dude

Bravo.

Would a Tyranid swarm be able tot get to Slaanesh's lair and gobble up the food circle?