What keeps your character from becoming a god, Veeky Forums?

What keeps your character from becoming a god, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zhhYIZJj6rk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sola_fide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He isn't divine.

Depends on the setting

The actual god wouldn't like it

He'd have to take a pretty significant pay cut.

>Not killing the gods just to create an atheist world

>live in pandeist setting
>killing god causes universe to cease existing

>Shin_megami_tensei_iv _apocalypse.png

Because my character has already pledged to die for Darkseid.

They tend to not survive long enough

Incompetence, mostly

GM doesn't allow characters beyond lvl 12.

>GM reveals that each of our characters is the embodiment of the old pagan gods, given "humble" form after destroying the world the first time. It happens every hundred years or so
>I'm playing a jaded old barbarian so I end up being the reincarnation of not!Fenrir post not!ragnarok
He chooses not to. Probably because he doesn't want to go back to being chained up in the center of the earth.

Being a god sucks.

My character IS a god. Nothing much changed really though, it's not all that great

>Creation/Essence Warlock, Elan 100 with Erebus.
Nothing. In the Wake/Vigil, that is.
In the real world, he's limited to Gnosis 40, and if he pulled that shit, Imperium would have him over a barrel in a heartbeat, with one of their God-Killing Blades halfway up his ass.

Apathy.

She already is a god.

Now it's just a matter of killing every other god, resetting the universe, and taking up the seat of One True Demiurge to create true universal peace. But first those filthy Lolthite Drow have to die.

Found the Sidereal.

Lack of will, divinity mechanics

He has only one god, the Three-in-One, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

In the name of Mary and the Trinity, yield and he will not smite you down where you stand for even thinking of being on equal footing as God.

DEUS VULT

My GM won't let him.

Well hes basically already doing it. In the endless space setting when you are a Dust Uplifted group of psychic space mantis, having a ton of dust pumped into you basically advances evolution for him by by a few millennia. So the only thing stopping him is the fact he is having too much fun being corporela, and he won't be able to bring his best buddy/bonded slave with him. (its weird)

He hasn't found his Quest Bed yet

She's to busy living a happy life in a tropical paradise and worshipping Not!Cthulhu with her two spouses to be bothered becoming a goddess herself.

The DM

cringe

Nothing, full casters are always broken

you're a real fun person aren't you

He already is one.

>cringe
Oh hi 2010, didn't expect to see you here in 2017.

>not usurping him
>not claiming his power as your own
if might makes right then why not become mighty?

he's right though, everyone is sick of your stale facebook meme, especially when it's executed so clumsily
it's about as fun as monthy python references now

Furries and clowns.

fuck facebook memes, I'll say deus vult if I want to because I think it's cool. Just because retards on facebook turn it into a meme and ruin it doesn't mean I'm gonna stop.

Tyler makes an excellent observation, but I have to ask, what the fuck is up with that dog?

Technically speaking, gods don't exist. But she's currently on the hunt for Not!Jesus so she can beat Her up and steal her power.

It's actually been pretty fun, since I'm playing a 14 year old Medieval edgelady who's solidly Lawful Evil, and my buddy has been playing her Lawful Evil leaning on LN Lich tardwrangler and technically her regent. Shit's been going in a very Crusader Kings-style direction of stabbing babies, imprisoning random fucks, and selling her first-born to demons without telling them she intends to lichify before she gets married and will thus never have a firstborn.

>Three billion
Darkseid... is that all?

Deus Vult was a meme before you were born, boy.

Because, dear friend, he has only one God, the Father, guardian and God of humanity: the True God and Master of Mankind, He who protects us from the depredations of the Warp and the foul Chaos gods, who guides the Astronomicon, which allows our ships to find their way in interstellar travel, and shows the Way through His Holy Tarot. He is our Saviour and Protector. Worship Him, and strike down with His Righteous Wrath those who have turned their backs on Man and towards Chaos or Xenos races.

Ave, Imperator!

youtube.com/watch?v=zhhYIZJj6rk

That sounds pretty awesome. What system did your GM use?

Being a god won't make him a whole man.

Too much time spent carousing around seedy taverns and doing psycadelic drugs. When they party goes out to do something they usually have have to collect her from whatever pigsty She passed out in if She hasnt stumbled her way back to the mansion. She is powerful already but she would be much more powerful if she spent some of her free time praying to Asmodeus for sweet battle boons like the rest of the party.

The whole god thing just paints a big target on your back. Once you open your mouth every titan, demigod, and hero will want you to prove it. Better to coast under the radar. Sure my character could have declared himself a god, but as the Lord of Nightmares he gets all of the perks and none of the downsides.

There's probably someone better suited for the job.

He's an Exalt, being a God would be a downgrade.

The current one's doing a pretty good job, all things considered, so he doesn't bother. He's much more concerned with cataloging newly discovered magical species ever since that one crazy mage with the glass eye made a new continent and turned it into a safari.

because if I get shot enough, then I die.

My character is kind of immortal already, the problem is that each time they die and are brought back, the demon they have a contract with steals one of their organs and eventually when they are out of organs the demon will be reborn in a physical form.

>Darkseid... is that all?
Isn't Darkseid's planet thing like half the size of Earth?

Three billion is a fair population for that size.

Therapy.

He's too busy making one.

he isn't a high enough level yet

Gods don't exist.

So is the source comic some anti-evolution comic written by someone who only knows anti-evolution memes?

>he doesn't know about Jack Chick
Oh, my sweet summer child.

Oh man are you in for some FUN.

Go google Jack Chick, and read his everything.
They're hilariously bad.

Well, Gods don't exist so Tyler can't become something that doesn't exist. His own logic prevents him from deification.

>They're hilariously good.

The everlasting love for the moral realm

His power comes from a god, so he could only ever become that strong if someone else killed his god and he inherited all it's power.

One of these days I'm going to do a full storytime of Dark Dungeons, it's a hoot if you've never read any chick tracts

Storytime some others as well. They're great.

One day I'm going to write a setting guide based on Jack Chick's work. All of it. As if it were all utterly, literally true.

I'm mildly horrified but also intrigued

It'd be a hell of an effort. He wrote a lot of things and not one of them makes any coherent sense.

Dude, the Mother Goddess Dark Future timeline that Jack Chick created is so over the top it's amazing. I'd love to play in that setting.

I like the costumes the best.

He hasn't waken up

Make sure that turning in sickos for big rewards is a mechanic.

Anyway, how do you plan on creating such a wild setting guide?

1. Read all the tracts, focusing on the international/historical ones. Take notes.
2. Write a blog post or three with excerpts and links. Then PDF it.
3. Profit? Or be brigaded by religious nuts.

I love how he attacks "invisible magic particles" to defend his invisible sky man.

Did the little hitler youth kid die offscreen? This is fucking amazing, thank you

Yeah, that's only the start.

Jack Chick was, as far as I can tell, a maltheist. He believed in God alright, but his God was the God of the Right Team. There are plenty of other Gods - moon gods, buddahs, satan, etc - and they are also powerful. But his god is best because he's on the winning team.

It's not about love or justice or truth or anything. It's about Being On The Winning Team (and laughing at the losers).

I'm pretty sure it says right on the bottom of one of his tracts that Catholics are wrong because they think that doing good things helps you get into Heaven, when you literally just need to believe in his God and that's it.

He is very much all about being on the winning team.

Why does Lucy have a sassy walk?

To be fair, that's /kind/ of a major point in the history of Christianity. Jack Chick didn't make it up. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sola_fide

On the other hand... his take on the topic is unique.
She's a sassy lady.

She's got a bright future ahead of her

Terrible self esteem, bad self image/body complex, constant suicidal ideations, depression, and daddy issues.

A friendly murderer.

My favourite is the one where the child rapist goes to heaven while his priest goes to hell for believing in God wrong

The lack of a suitably weakened god he can go eat.

It's actually my character's main goal, to the point where he's capturing and brainwashing various clerics into believing he's the 'chosen one' carrying the same name as his totally-real god. Brainwashing them into believing in this fake 'Kaim', and using his own ur-priest powers to make miracles. Right now he's preparing a receptacle for power (XP, actually) to cast miracle through and turn it into a one-use, divinity-stealing sword. It's not as simple as that, but that's the short version.

So once he becomes a god, he'll have some high-level priestesses there to work for him.

>tfw you will never rise up as the Waste of Time

Some madman put together a Dark Dungeons rpg.

Not being high enough level that becoming a demigod is the best way to serve my god.

Can't stop whackin' it. Everyone knows gods can't fap.

He's working on it.

Why do we not have inquisitions anymore to deal with thee sorts of heathens.

>we have a vestigial penis
>points to a vestigial leg
Who the fuck hired that biology teacher

>What keeps your character from becoming a god
He's not a divine being, having no omnipotent power and is not as old as the universe.

Kind of a stupid question when you think about it.

Seconding that that's a cool as hell idea

are you a whale?

There are a fixed number of gods in the setting. To become a god, one of the existing gods must die. However, simply killing a god is rarely enough, because the god's power is inherited by the person most suited to that god's portfolio. There's also an overdeity (arguably the only "real" god in the setting, since he's the only one of them that is truly immortal) that makes sure no shenanagins circumvent the rules.

Cause im the DM in this one.
Actually running a campaign where my players are demigods with a fuck tonne of hubris.

Nuwalkers aren't stronk enough to curbstomp established gods unless they're literally dragons. Also a lack of ambition and having already boned the current plane's main goddess, when you can go anywhere in the multiverse for the sake of travelling, goddess' consort is a good enough title.

>vampire character
Sadly, when he got vamped, he ceased to be a mage. He's convinced that he can somehow regain his mortality, and thus his essential godhood. (Note: he is wrong, and will most likely commit suicide whenever he realizes this.)

The fact that I'd rather just go on exciting pirate adventures with me crew

As a fan of Egyptian history...this hurts me.

>But Egypt made a fatal mistake

Incest. Their fatal mistake was incest. Also trusting the Greeks. Never trust the Greeks, not even ones bearing gifts.

>And their rightful owner watched the Egyptians mistread His people for 400 years. Now He was going to stop it!

...he waited 400 years? Why?

>God's people left Egypt, and took her wealth with them. Egypt was destroyed.

...okay, let's accept the Ussher Chronology for a moment. Earth is 6,000 years old, give or take, and Exodus then happened around 1500 BC. This would be around the reign of Pharaoh Hatshepsut. Egypt would in fact still have a thousand years of glory and triumph (and tragedy and terror) ahead of it. Several of its greatest (or at least most meme'd) Pharaohs haven't even reigned yet - Thutmose III, Ramasses II, Akhenaten, Tutankhamun, Cleopatra VII, Amenhotep III...in fact a lot of these are Pharaohs from 1400 to 1200 BC, so one could actually argue that Egypt is about to enter into one of its most prosperous eras.

>Egypt is still Israel's enemy!

I don't know when this comic was published, but in fact since the late 70s Egypt is one of the few nations near Israel that is *not* its enemy, though I wouldn't call them close.

Also,

>Instead, God destroyed Hitler, and his dream!

...with the Soviet Union, an avowed atheist nation?

>she isnt already

I love that comic.

>"I don't believe in gods"
>"Well what about me? I'm a god"
>"We'll just have to fix that, now won't we?"

Because the last guy who tried got bitchslapped so hard by the actual God it left a collective mental scar on all living creatures.

Not to mention turning his Empire into an empty wasteland bereft of life, and thrice cursing anyone who steps foot onto those lands.

Which is why its totally a great place to seek treasure and riches.

Joke's on that god, I'm proficient in adventuring while walking on my hands! No curses for me, suckers!

Storytime please?