We had a thread similar to this a while back , but it didn't really get anywhere thanks to certain autists...

We had a thread similar to this a while back , but it didn't really get anywhere thanks to certain autists, so lets try this again.

What would 40k be like if Chaos were more...chaotic? More diversified and not dominated by the big 4? What if it wasn't the acausal, monolithic superpower it is in modern lore but instead a reflection of mortal emotion and thought, and a battleground for countless gods and warp entities.
How would the Heresy play out, if it would at all? What about the fall of the Eldar? What cool gods can we come up with, and what are their servants like

Hopefully we'd see more chaos xenos. Tired of just seeing Dark Eldar and nothing but human cultists. Chaos should be a hodge podge of all sorts of races.

And hell, other than CSMs you don't even see humans that much. It's really kind of dumb.

Not entirety true

I mean that's kind of the price of having a handful of major alien races, and the lion's share of them basically can't fall to chaos (Tau, Orks, Tyranids, Eldar. )

Even with just a handful of races, GW should have kept the option of any sentient race falling into chaos optional. Sure, it might be a bitch to make a bunch of different units for a bunch of different chaos variants of races, but at the very least they could have had a couple of unique models and rules for a generic chaos ork/tau/eldar that's not a Slaaneshy

It'd be a better move I'd say.

I mean, you keep the big four as just the major ones, and bring in forgotten, lost, obscure, and lesser gods, like Kweethul, Necoho, Malice, Zuvassin. Promote Be'lakor even, and bring in Hashut from fantasy.

Likewise, expand the daemon selection, including old monsters, stuff from the rpgs, stuff from fantasy.
>Greater Daemons: Baalrukh, Mabrothrax (Plague Elemental), Mardagg (Death Elemental), Six Eyed Slayer.
>Lesser Daemons: Gargoyles, Imps, Floating Horrors, Astral Spectres, Dispayres, Remora, Ebon Geists, Vampires, Wraith Angels.
>Beasts & Steeds: Nightmares, Fire Runners, Things, Khymera, Rakasya.

Bring back the Lost and the Damned as an army, filled with mutants, renegades, chaos tainted orks and other -- stranger -- species. Oh, and Chaos Androids (although they'd have to be made different enough to Necrons)

Fun fact, in Rogue Trader days, there were tables to create your own Daemonic Patrons, as lesser Chaos Gods.

Shouldn't be that hard to distinguish them now that necrons are TOMB KINGS IN SPAAAACE!

These, standard chaos humans aren't represented all that much outside of meatshields. Its all marines/daemons, where marines ought to be "elite" and daemons are another thing all together

Maybe make it so you can make your own patron, with some broad strokes rules for daemon categories or freelance daemons or something, boons, cultists, traitor marines, etc. Give chaos forces a lot more "your dudes" potential, which IMHO they're severely lacking. Khornates act like Khornates, Nurglers act like Nurglers,etc, and there's not a whole lot of wiggle room

I always thought the Fimir would of fit into 40k easily. Just sci fi 'me up a little bit.

This is really neat. Should be definitely brought back.

The first two can.

Personally I'd love to see a conflict between the conventional/hell/daemon part of the Warp and the more eldritch parts like the Enslavers and other beings not defined by a singular coherent emotion. Satan vs Cthulhu, if you will.

I was more meaning physically.

There's occasionally been statistics for generic daemons, so those could be brought back.

The lesser daemons would probably have the same basic statline as pink horrors (since that seems to be the baseline) but they'd lack those special rules outside of the standard daemonic ones.
You could probably pay to give them upgrades to make them differ from other generic daemons.

Really just hearing more about the spooky eldritch warp entities would be nice. GW seems to forget about them most of the time

Ah. Well I can't imagine it would be too hard to give them a visual overhaul. There are a good number of ways to go with scary demon robot

Good daemons would be nice for a change. Daemons represent mortals' emotions in the warp, after all. There must be some positive emotions in the grim darkness of future.

There were back in early editions of fantasy. Angels and the like, daemons of Law (like the Viydagg or Life Elemental)

And sure, if doing a more diverse Chaos, nothing stops you from using Angels, or generating sanctified and similar patrons.

(Angels even appeared on the Universal Creature Table of Realms of Chaos)

Liber Chaotica explains the nature of Chaos.

How would people feel about a roll up a Minor Chaos God chart a la the other 40k faction generators?

Bring back Alluminas, Arianka, and Solkan. Make them options for daemonic patrons.

There's also guides for their daemonic pantheons as well, if that helps.

Which legions would become Order Space Marines? Would they take part in the heresy? Or would they sell themselves to the Order gods to give the Imperium a hand against Chaos?

Possibly the two unknown legions fell to Law.

But more likely, they don't have many, if any, Space Marine followers.
Solkan's probably claimed the Redemptionists to his service, for their hatred of mutation and heresy is pleasing to the God of Vengeance.

Alluminas may have suborned the Adeptus Mechanicus followers of the Cult of Sollex, who revere Light in all its glory, and marvel in its mysteries.

What would an order marine even look like?

Tactical marines. That's what the arrow on their shoulder is. An arrow of law against the star of chaos.