Mechanic Flavor

Which cards do you think have some good "mechanic" flavor to them, that it make sense in game and the rules

Not necessary a flavor text.
Not necessary Mtg

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/legendary-rule-change-2013-05-23
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For example..
This is a bad Flavor mechanic...
Why the zodiac horse have island walk?

Could you explain what is a retainer?

I think the point is that he's a philosopher and does nothing.

I assume there are other cards that do stuff when actions are performed or care about the number of actions performed in a turn, and that that card is a cheap way to activate/increase the count on them

lmao

pic related. ghosts that only show up when they're needed. loopholes around the legend rule and can work for both sides

Legend rule has changed though. Both players can have the same legendary creature.

When that happen?

In L5R, if you pass activating abilities during combat or the open phase, and the opponent passes, that action phase is over and if you still had stuff to do, tough cookies, you can't just pass and stall until you see a perfect opportunity.

Philosopher lets you stall.

It doesn't DO anything. No, it DOES nothing.

four years ago
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/legendary-rule-change-2013-05-23

I really like this one, even though its simple its clearly understood flavor.

That article i funny in retrospect.
I can't remember the name of the article, but there was one on the mothership a week or two ago where they admitted that one of the driving factors behind the change was Theros block. Making all the gods indestructible isn't very fancy when you can just kill them via legend rule.

It was that they wanted legendary land iirc, not legends in general. They avoided legendary lands for a long time due to the old legend rule, but decided they really needed to be able to do legendary land, so they changed the legend rule.

When you tap your own creatures they get out of the way of the sun, and the glare from the sunlight disorients your opponent's creatures. I always though that was neat.

Also this one. When you move your hand to your deck to put a card down, you're "pulling the leash" of the golem and returning him back to your hand. Kind of abstract but it works in my mind.

I actually think it means that your creatures gain the glare themselves with the enchantment as an additional ability that you can make them use

cuz it drinks water

Neptune is not only the god of the sea but also horses
cmon son

yeah sea horses

not regular horses dumbass

read some greek mythology, assclown

neptune is roman mythology you milky licker

yeah well you get the idea, milk drinker

>Trying to explain flavor from the Asian set for Asian markets with Roman Mythology.

Shiggy Diggy.

okay you come up with a better explanation then
im waiting

see

okay smartass, why dont every creature in that set have islandwalk then?

For those that don't play Netrunner: this card requires significant time and resource investment to gain its effect and 2 (of the needed 7) victory points. If you do get it, meteors are full of valuable minerals and water! Congrats, you got dosh.
But is you know where the opponent lives (that's the tags)... you get to drop a rock on them.

because they dont drink water

When each player has one it's kinda flavorful. It basically goes from one side of the board to the other

this one's posted a lot, but it's a great case of very flavorful reminder text