ITS HAPPENING

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

ITS HAPPENING

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

ITS HAPPENING

TIME TO BRING GLORY TO THE EMPIRE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wbWOVfY-rxU
icv2.com/articles/markets/view/38061/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-games-spring-2017
kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-tabletop-miniatures-game
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>every rebel army has Luke Marysuewalker
>every empire army had Darth Vapertrope
no

Its like 35mm scale.
i dont need bigger stormies in the SAME FUCKING POSE.
i already got 9 of those.

FLGS owner was talking about this the other day.

Hoping it gives GW even more of a competitive push. It would be nice for them to have some actual pressure to think about.

I think it's a little weird to have the hero characters. It reminds me of how I enjoy that new Battlefront game and then get to see a shitty cutscene of han solo to interrupt the action.

What scale are those things, 32mm? it will be a skirmish game? I don't know why but this remind me alot of Dust with the difference it will survive by its IP alone.

Lets see how good it will be, i don't think boardgames+1 are something good for the hobby but at least they try to sell it as a "modeler" game.

youtube.com/watch?v=wbWOVfY-rxU

first for playing Empire

the 501st will wear white again

you got a point there

what i like:
>Unpainted
check
>33 mini's,
check
>armies will be expanded and customized
check
>segmented movement tool
ch...
aww,
fuck you too, FFG!

do not be surprised if you see me running these mini's as Primaris Marines....i'd rather have a good star wars game, but man, fuck the custom-bullshit armada-esque quasi-ruler

i had to pay my friends for the one i broke
then, they got all work out, like those plastic carnival link snakes.

no, nope...

will buy, but i will fucker with the movement or resort to shelf decor

It's Star Wars, why are the minis unpainted?

so, you can paint them yourself?
also, that makes them 2/3rds cheaper
discover the joys of colored primer and ink, lad.

Expanded universe opportunities. "Your Dudes" but Star Wars!

Unlike spaceships, miniatures of people can't be factory painted to a semi-decent standard without driving up the cost.

All the noobs and powergamers play empire so they only need two paints

10/10

Best post on Veeky Forums

>not wanting to rewrite the story so the goodguys win

REBEL SCUM

My fellow dark skinned loyalist

I'm doing imperial shadow troopers, that way I just have to slap a black primer on and I'm done.

I'm waiting on the cost. I was onboard with GoT minis game until I found out it was more expensive than GW for monopose models.

90 USD for the starter box according to their store.

I meant expnsions, CMON's game looked fine at $100 for the core box, but then individual units were priced at $35 for a tray of 12 when 12 gaunts are $30.

I'm also hoping they're way cheaper. I kinda get why this is 90 with all the vehicles and other gubbins, but I'd prefer the normal troop boxes to be much cheaper per model.

>Hoping it gives GW even more of a competitive push
GW will proceed to give zero fucks and proceed as normal

But Star Wars is terrible for "your dudes. It's worse than 40k in general.

Those Stormtroopers are looking a little stiff for my tastes, but that's not gonna stop me from having a go at stomping some rebels.

Predicting this will die for the same reason Inquisitor did; doesn't matter how good the rules are, no one wants to make oversize terrain for one specific game.

Nah thanks, Star Wars is for cringey nerds.

Looks like GW is DEAD

Wut? They're not 54mm scale, right?

Pretty much my first thought, too.

I loved X-Wing and Tie-Fighter
I loved Dark Forces for MS-Dos.
It was when every Star Wars game became about being a Jedi that I started losing interest.

So he says, posting on a board made by and for cringey nerds.

I'm only here for 40k, Age of Sigmar and Kingdom Death my friend, nothing cringy about those mature games for serious adults like me.

Oh boy, props for my Edge of the Empire game

Even ironically very cringy post

Says while goes back to his Rules Lawyers and WAACfags: The skirmish game thread.

That post alone turned your cringey nerd clubcard platinum.

Not my fault My Gameā„¢ has tightly written rules and more relaxed playerbase.

Just like how X-Wing killed GW right?

I tried to get into Your Game back in April so I bought Red Veil.

To this day I'm still reading the rules.

>implying this game wont become Storm troopers vs Strom troopers everything fucking time
GW has never looked better fagget

>paint and assemble your doods

I am now going to hype myself up about getting exactly the your dudes Star Wars game I was wishing for and live in the hope that it won't just be a bunch of similar looking monopose stormtroopers made of wonky soft plastic with deformed blasters to go with Vader's deformed lightsaber.

I actually want to play rebels. Especially if I can "my dudes". Hope for more aliens though.
But I guess it would be fitting to have an omnipresent empire.

>people still actually care and and are ACTUALLY hyped for star wars-related anything

How do you people function and are not ashamed of yourself?

>he asked on Veeky Forums

I really wanna play Imps, especially if I kitbashing becomes and option, model them after the dudes with the orange dots in their clusterfuck or stormie and scout trooper armour.

They'll be perfect for Imperial infighting too.

I can smell the bad plastic through that picture already....

Why should GW even care.
Fantasy Flight will never understand that you need good miniatures and aesthetics to get the hobbyists. The games are just a small acpect of wargaming.

Just look at this guy. The sculpt of the Primaris Pimp Chaplain alone was enough to convince me to buy a whole Primaris Army. On the other Hand, FFG is still shitting out the same lame Stormtroopers.

why are the bases stupidly tall?

Overwatch has a character just for you then. He's piss easy to play and beginner friendly too.

In many ways GW took some cues from FFG to make their game systems to be more streamlined and user friendly. Them losing business to X-Wing likely prompted some of those changes. Star Wars and FFG are very popular it is very likely GW will lose some customers to this game.

Overall though it will actually be very beneficial to GW. For years GW was the only game in town for miniature wargaming so they had to carry the lions share of the selling the hobby burden. Mini wargaming is still a power nerd hobby. X-Wing helped open the door to the masses for this kind of thing. Now FFG has X-Wing and Imperial assault to grab light gamers, armada for mid tier, and Legion for full miniature war gaming crowd. So at the end of the day, GW will have more overall customers to offset any loses they have from competition.

Indeed. It's bad when the old Hasbro sculpts look better then the ones they have on display (which have the same proportion issues as the IA minis)

>Galactic Civil War again

I know Lucasfilm/Disney's current policy is "fuck the Prequels," but come on, the Clone Wars would work far, far better for a miniature game.

>I know Lucasfilm/Disney's current policy is "fuck the Prequels,"

It really isn't. They don't have that sort of policy in place at all. NuCanon material features tons of prequel content, hell Rogue One had the clone tanks in it as well as Jimmy Smits reprising his role as Bail from the prequels. And I think it's next month they're launching a Mace Windu comic.

They've moved the focus of the material more towards the OT, but they're hardly ignoring or refusing to work with the PT.

If anything, it's Hasbro and FFG doing that.

Sounds like fun. If the rules are as good as X-Wing's then I am down. I have been looking for a game at that engagement scale for a while.

Warlords era minis when

>paint and assemble
The whole reason I liked X-Wing was because there's no extra work involved. You just buy the models and play. Why are they doing this now?

Trying to ease a new generation into the hobby aspect.

This is the part I miss in nucanon.

To keep normies away from my nerd games.

>Fantasy Flight will never understand that you need good miniatures and aesthetics to get the hobbyists. The games are just a small acpect of wargaming.
They are small aspect of GW brain-dead audience
icv2.com/articles/markets/view/38061/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-games-spring-2017
Gee I wonder where is the AoS brilliant miniatures, looks like even TWW popularity isn't enough

>33ishmm scale
>proprietary dice
>movement templates that will probably be shitty and clunky to use
>fucking upgrade cards and you never get enough of the card you need in the box knowing FFG

GOD

FUCKING

DAMMIT

YOU HAD ONE JOB FFG! AND YOU FUCKED IT UP. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A NORMAL ASS GAME AND YOU JUST HAD TO MAKE IT SPECIAL.

This thing will be dead in a couple of years. It'll start out pretty decently balanced and fun, and in two years all we'll see are absolute abomination lists that have none of the stape units that people cared about. Then you'll have to buy something like the fucking tatooine jazz band just to upgrade your rebel commandos because the upgrades they got in the core set just don't cut it anymore.

I'll buy a set to paint but that'll be about it. I'm just pissed they insist on doing all the dumb shit that I hated about X-Wing all over again. Also, it looks like it's just a bit bigger than 28mm, which fucks all those people who own a ton of those old star wars model from that collectible game, like my army of stormtroopers.

>>not wanting to rewrite the story so the goodguys win
GoT wargame when?

t. Cringey nerd

>How do you people function and are not ashamed of yourself?
>he says it on Veeky Forums where everyone loves 40k

I get you missed the KS right?

>not wanting to rewrite the story so the goodguys win
>REBEL SCUM

>Implying Imperials aren't the good guys

>KS
Who?

I don't see this being very succesful. Two factions? With a Disney IP? Unless they allow a miraculous expansion of the lore through this game, it's gonna be pretty fucking boring.

kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-tabletop-miniatures-game

~33mm scale? Oh, that sucks. Pass.... When I get miniatures I want them to be compatible to other miniatures I own, in case I ever want to use them in a tabletop rpg of some kind

>kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-tabletop-miniatures-game
HOILY FUCK!

>Mormont
Soon
The good thing they've based design on arts, not on show

Shit forgot the picture

Scum faction has been a thing since forever with Fantasy Flight SW games.
X Wing has it, Armada has it, Imperial Assault has it, I guarantee you they'll release a "Hutt palace" expansion with bounty hunters and mercenaries.

Pic related.

Because some of us happen to prefer the hobby side

wake me up when they have AT-AT/AT-STs or a droid army so I can fuck around with droidekas

I'll take "What is reading comprehension?" for 20

>implying that this will at all draw away from GW's consumer base
Kek, you're a retard.

>Star Wars
>not attracting kids

>Star Wars and FFG are very popular it is very likely GW will lose some customers to this game.
Not really. Much like X-wing, the main draw of rhe game will be the fact that it's star wars. Because 8th is rather balanced and fun very few people will be dropping their collections for this game, and thise that would have most likely already left for other games anyways, or aren't really customers of GW anymore.
Then there's the fact that it's a skirmish game, which 40k isn't, and if someone wants a skirmish game there are better options than this.
It'll be a lot like the LotR wargame, popular for a while as movies come out, then people get bored with them and move onto something else. I'd be shocked if this has any noticable effect on GW or 40k. It'll have some, but anything substantial? I doubt it

Thats a good thing, less dumbass children buying space marines.

>skirmish game who's main selling point is be set in that famous IP that is popular right now
>threatening 40k
Remember when LotR fantasy battles almost killed 40k?

Given that X-wing got crazy popular and didn't die in a couple of years despite all the dumb shit, I think that's less a sign of failure and more you just not liking it.

>Implying 40k is a longer lasting IP than Star Wars.

>implying LotR isn't longer lasting than both of them
Either disney churns out star shit movies each year and people get bored of them, or they make some, then stop and people move onto the next thing. Either way, it'll be just like LotR strategy game.

That's not what he means, he's talking about how a popular IP isn't automatically a threat to 40K on its home turf.

LotR got crazy popular during its hype period, then the movies were over and all interest died. The Hobbit tried reviving it, but only succeeded in giving it a small jolt before it faded away again.

Uhhh...

>which fucks all those people who own a ton of those old star wars model from that collectible game, like my army of stormtroopers.
They want you to buy new minis, not use your old ones. Using old minis means they make less money. Same for the special move stick and dice.

>Remember when LotR fantasy battles almost killed 40k?
First few years LoTR was most popular GW modelline.
And comparing to Star Wars 40k is a dwarf as franchise. That's one of the reason why X-wing started kicking shit out of 40k in US

>LotR got crazy popular during its hype period, then the movies were over and all interest died.
Interest died when GW killed the game with War of the Ring. And the Hobbit was just a bad game with overpriced models.
But unlike LoTR it doesn't look like Disney is stopping at making new movies.

>First few years LoTR was most popular GW modelline.
And how's that working out for them now?
>And comparing to Star Wars 40k is a dwarf as franchise. That's one of the reason why X-wing started kicking shit out of 40k in US
And LotR doesn't dwarf 40k? Top kek.
>but muh year old study that compares the majority of X-wing sales to a third of 40k ones
Yeah, it's not like GW hasn't recently undergone a huge boom and released an edition that has been met with lots of praise and brought in a good amount of new blood and caused old players to return.
But yeah, keep quoting that one survey that only gives us a fraction of the real picture.

>But unlike LoTR it doesn't look like Disney is stopping at making new movies
What they're doing isn't much better though. Releasing movies every year (of, let's face it, rather mediocre quality) kills hype just as bad as not making movies

>And how's that working out for them now?
Well untill the War of the Rings.
>And LotR doesn't dwarf 40k?
Any game will die without support
>lots of praise and brought in a good amount of new blood and caused old players to return.
[citation needed]
Also, still not enough to compete with X-wing outside GW safe-space.
>But yeah, keep quoting that one survey that only gives us a fraction of the real picture.
Fraction > nothing
>What they're doing isn't much better though.
Nope, they are keeping hype among their main audience (kids and teens).

ARE NIGE!!!

>Just look at this guy. The sculpt of the Primaris Pimp Chaplain alone was enough to convince me to buy a whole Primaris Army.
>t.blizzdrone

>tfw you havent been able to convince a single person to buy into an FFG title in years
>tfw you can't get a match with anyone who knows what they're doing
>tfw it's only 40k and MTG fanboys

Give me one good reason why people won't be fags about this one too. Please.

Remember this high quality game that began in 2012? Yeah, me neither.

>Fraction > nothing
Top kek, no it isn't. If that fraction provides information in such a way that it skews how one sees the whole picture then it is in fact worse than nothing. Cherry picking isn't better than nothingm and that's essentially what that study is: it compares a good portion of X-wing sales to a third of 40k's and then acts like it's a big deal that a popular wargame beats a fraction of the sales of another. Without the full picture (that is to say, how X-wing sales are divided between webstore and 3rd party, what the margin between X-wing and 40k sales in that survey was, actual up to date info, etc.) then it's practically worthless.
Is the difference between them one sale? Does 3rd party sellers make up 99% of X-wing sales or less than 50%? We don't inow these things, so we can't make proper conclusions based upon that info. All we can say is: an unknown portion of X-wing sales beat a third of 40k sales by an unknown margin a year ago on one continent.
That tells us very little about what the actual breakdown of the popularity of the games are, but that doesn't matter to you because after all, you're not here to actually discuss that, you just want to throw it up whenever someone compares the two games to try and convince people 40k is dying and they should go play your game.

same, i mean, Vader is hilariously too strong, shouldn't one side get him and a few sacrificial stormtroopers and the other side get a regular army?

Also sick of all this 32mm scale creep bullshit.

When you say Xwing, do you mean Star Wars Armada... or...?

>see Legions email
>decide that if it can have AT-ATs I will buy into it
>game officially announced
>lol 34mm
Very sloppy math indicates an AT-AT in this game would be roughly the size of a Warlord titan, which is 22 inches tall and costs over a thousand dollars. Even accounting for FW price lunacy it's hard to see such a model costing under $400.