Why didn't you become a millionaire in the 90s writing d&d fanfiction Veeky Forums?

Why didn't you become a millionaire in the 90s writing d&d fanfiction Veeky Forums?

Because I first need to write for a few decades with only moderate success despite critical acclaim.

Because I was I grade school in the 90 you ancient crusty fuck.

He didn't become a millionaire until the HBO series m8

Because Veeky Forums didn't exist in the 90's mate.

Because I've already invested, metaphorically and literally, in another career path.

That shit would be dope, though. If I ever played and won the lotto, I'd move to northern Michigan, get a doggo, and write.

>d&d
It's war of the roses fanfiction.

Because I was 11 when the 90's ended. Don't you think you're getting a bit old to be shitposting on a Tibetan cartoon site grandad?

Yeah, Most of us on tg are the child faggots who bought ops pic related books op.

So you know. Back when the dinosaurs where around. Why didn't you gramps?

>were not where. **** me, why did I type that.

>implying anyone who visits Veeky Forums can actually write something worth reading

There's a thread praising a Japanese self-insert novel for being better than the sum of Western fantasy right now. Of course Veeky Forums can't write for shit.

Depends on the Japanese self-insert novel

Because being 19 in 2017 means I was born in 1998.

Because I turned seven in 2000, I was a fucking toddler.

>Veeky Forumsfags actually believe this

>Veeky Forumsfags
>actually having the moral courage to believe in anything
>actually reading anything other than the Infinite Meme

>Why didn't you become a millionaire in the 90s writing d&d fanfiction Veeky Forums?

I was 10 years old, what do you want from me?

I was too young/immature/retarded to write coherently instead I waited 18 years and bought almost 214 bitcoins in 2011. Bought them largely to help out a friend at the time, to give him rent without it weighing on his conscious. He died of an OD like two years later.

I miss him. Think of you every day.

should have just written straight Anne Rice smut fanction Georgie boy, would have been just as rich, if not richer, for a third of the work.

Never got why this is more popular than Kushiel's Dart or Story of O or anything like that. Gor, I can understand it being better than.

riding off the twilight shit as far as I can tell, considering it started as a fanfiction of the series, it's not hard to see why.

I still can't believe someone who wrote under the penname Snowqueens Icedragon is filthy rich for blandly written smut, but fuck it if I could have gotten away with it, I probably would have done the same.

Kushiel's Dart is very kinky, though at it's core is still a Lord of the Rings-esque undertaking that is quite good.

Cause I'm going to be a millionaire in the 30's for writing fanfiction for an obscure, dead JRPG series

I was busy becoming a millionaire as an investment banker.

lets be honest, most of tg could barely wipe their own noses in the 90's.

>be fat neckbeard
>write medieval fantasy series combining autism-tier worldbuilding, dry discussions of feudal politics, and your various disgusting fetishes
>a decade or so later it becomes an international pop culture hit adored by normies the world over
How the fuck did he do it?

never read it, but from what I can tell, the appeal of 50 shades was it's ease to read and the pure self-insert fantasy it offers.

>creates a whole culture of incest
>one of the maincharacters is dealing with the complexities of his feelings over his twin sister
>in the end his other two main characters whoa re niece and nephew will end up fucking eachother too
>almost every major conflict is started through brother sister love, including the blackfyre rebellion
fucking man loves his incest.

I was born in 1998

>tfw not Patrick Bateman

I didn't read the Accursed Kings back then and didn't have chance to copy it

Brown water, man

whew /thread

i wonder this all the time. i remember lots of normies watched LOTR when that came out but the amount of fuckers watching this trash is insane.

its like all the people who watched sons of anarchy, breaking bad, walking dead and other trendy shit all decided game of thrones is the best thing on the planet

give me your bitcoins instead
i wont do heroin

is that yugioh

Wasn't that twilight smut fanfiction?

Dare to enter his magical realm?

Why didn't you become a millionaire in the Pleistocene era making fire Veeky Forums?

Because I was like 6.

yeah, but in the nineties, the closest equivalent I could think of was Anne Rice.
The more I think about it, the more I find it is.
Scat has to be one of them too, considering all the amount of focus on bowel movements.

Don't know taxes

>sunset found him squatting near the flint
No thanks. Thog have dignity

> making excuses

>Fucking millennials.

It's not enough you lazy ignorant little mongs are shitting up the world, you've got to act like you matter on here as well.

+ a little bit of the Borgias / Medicis, but basically yes. Which is why it's been halfway successful whilst all the other shit is rotting away in second hand bookshops.

> screeching intensifies

>implying the baby boomers didn't fuck everything

Because I was born in 1999.

>How the fuck did he do it?
It's all about the LEMONCAAAAAAAAKES bruh

No but actually I think it serves as a psychological vent in our increasingly repressed time, it's hard not to notice that this tale of unbridled gore, treachery and fucking has become increasingly popular and even iconic as SJW puritanism has grown stronger and stronger in its stranglehold on social and political life.

It's a fad. It'll blow over. Good writers get recognition for the themes of their novels, not the tropes of their TV adaptations.

nah that's berzerk

>Scat has to be one of them too, considering all the amount of focus on bowel movements.
Nah, that's just fat-guy shit. Once you're shaped like a perfect sphere you stop being able to take the function of your organs for granted. Shitting decently becomes a hazy dream, especially since you eat about ten times as much as a normal person and thus produce herculean amounts of waste.

I was 5 when y2k happened.

Has someone got the cap explaining how got is life through the eyes of a fatty?

For ever successful author there are thousands of failures.

Millennial can be extended to fit the argument as needed.

>Quantum millennials
Somehow, somewhere they ruin things. You just can't know what and how at the same time.

Literally out of all of those I've only ever watched LOTR. Is there a place where we can redeem hipster points for flannel and thick rim glasses? Maybe some vinyl records?

>t. Normie

You go too far! No control nature!

I have an idea for a setting
I have an idea for some characters

How do I turn that into a narrative?

Steal ideas and make up complete bullshit

Then throw the idea in the fucking trash where it belongs

You am play God!

I was not prepared for that spoiler.

>write smut fanfiction for teenage boys
>gets labeled a pervert, virgin, loser, disgusting, etc

>write smut fanfiction for teenage girls
>...

What are you, fucking retarded? Everyone thinks she is a pervert.

Because I exelled at the sciences and became a chemical engineer. I may never be a millionaire, but I'm doing alright for myself with none of that pesky public attention.

He didn't do it. His work is average at best, inside the fantasy/sci-fi literature niche. Him being successful is mostly because of the TV series fad.
His books would remain underground niche tier if there wasn't a huge demand for new TV series content and they decided on using his books. And they did it mostly because it would be cheaper to get the rights and produce than other more accomplished fantasy works.

The books were quite successful before the series.

Yes, but she wasn't ostracized because of it.

Not at all when compared to his success after the series.
Maybe he was known in his home country, mostly by the teenage member of fantasy literature circles. Now there are normies around the entire world buying his books and wearing ASoIaF t-shirts.

I only came into existence in the very late 90s

Bitch, it might be.

Who the fuck wrote this shit?

Well I was a sperm for half the decade.

I was still in diapers.

TV was a mistake.

The Wheel of Time series that's in development is going to bomb hard. It should have been an anime.

fpbp

I've got a long list of problems with GRRM, but the man paid his dues and has genuine talent and world for a very long time and very hard to get where he is.

Sadly, once being famous he's not working like he used to and I'm getting doubtful that ASoIaF will reach a conclusion. So there's plenty of reasons to resent him. But very very few people can get as far as he did.

Hell, you could start out now, neckbeards. Just pop open a word processor and start writing. We'll see in fifty years if you finally write your blockbuster.

The real question here is "why does this fucking thread have to pop up every bloody second?"

Because he's a fat oaf every bloody second.

At least it's not about tax policy this time.

>being a chemical engineer instead of analytical chemistry

Needs all kinds to make a working system.

Plague Star and Tuf Voyaging are by far objectively better than anything else GRRM wrote in his lifetime.
You can't prove me wrong.

Heh. Seems to be a different job across the pond.

Because I was too busy indulging in my nipple fetish for close to three years straight right in the middle of the nighties.

overlord

>Maybe he was known in his home country
Nah, ASoIaF was pretty well known within the fantasy community. Granted, it's not really the biggest or well-respected community out there.

Because GOT/ASOIAF is popular. Therefore we must hate it

He plays GURPS.

Yep, that's not what chemical engineering is in Europe, at all.

because I was 1 through 11 in the 90s.

I don't understand the hate either. Especially since people will go on to suggest really shitty pulp or not even pulp but straight up badly written fantasy instead of it.

But yeah, this is just Veeky Forums, a forum where people will suggest you play things instead of DnD that don't even do the same job better, simply because they're niche. The most obnoxious of hipsterism, this board.

I was confused about how the writer has no concept of economics or basic natural resources. Then I got to this part
>support radical feminism and multiculturalism to the point where your sons will be unable to find wives and keep families
And it all made sense. When it's society's fault that you're a kissless virgin you know you've gone full That Guy.

I was born in 95, also i suck at writing