Risk Thread

Let's pay Risk, Veeky Forums!

>One move per team per round
>Each round begins with me posting the updated map. Only moves after that point will be counted
So if a move is posted for team 1, and then another one later before the updated map is posted, the second move won't be used and new post will have to be made
>Territory gains are divided by 2 when capturing from another team, rounded up if gains divide to 1/2

What madness is this? A risk game over the entire united states and all its counties? Man. . . who has a few weeks to play?

I don't know how Veeky Forums Risk is played but somebody start out with taking over Texas.

>Cult of circle.

>Center of map.

>Green.

In addition to the rules that I posted above

>First posts claim team names, colors, and starting locations
>Each round, make a post announcing your team and what you want it to do (expand in a direction, move to attack another team, fill out the state, whatever)
>Your post number determines how many territories you capture towards your goal

>Red
>Florida
>Retirement Army

In Kansas and Missouri, a cult worshipping shapes with infinite corners forms as Floridian retirees militarize in the southernmost northern state.

>For non-Amerifags, it's often joked that Florida not a southern state, but is actually a northern state that happens to be located in the south.

We march north!

roundness is holy. WE MUST CLENSE OURSELVES OF """""""""""""""SIDES"""""""""""""

The Spainish Inquisition
Yellow
Southern California

Let's hold off until all the teams are on the field. If we wind up waiting too long I'll announce a start and the others will just have to deal with being late to the party and starting at a disadvantage.

The Spanish Inquisition unexpectedly arises in socal

If there are no new addons within the next ten minutes we'll start.

Aight time to go now?

Yes, let's get to it.

New teams can still be added, but they'll still start off with just 10 territories.

We must conquer the north

Grow for the glory of circles!

The Spanish Inquisition expands north while the Cult of Circle expands outward in all directions. The heavily armed octogenarians in Florida seem to have fallen asleep in their rockers.

Farther North

More round.

Before this really kicks off I'd like to point out how all the counties West of Kansas are larger than a pin and we should all laugh at the East coast for population density

Actually that has more to to with terrain than anything else. Because the east is heavily criss-crossed by lakes and rivers as well as mountains and hills, natural barriers are plentiful. This is also useful because in the 17- and early 1800's surveying technology wasn't all that great. Farther west you had much more distance between geographic features. Transportation technology had also improved, allowing cities and towns to be located farther apart (the reason there are small towns all over the east with exactly ten miles between them is because ten miles is about as far as an average person could walk in a day before having to stop).

The Inquisition inquires north while the circle cultists work to solve the problem of their square empire.

Aquire Nevada

>Came for making a joke faction.

>Stayed for unexpected history lesson.

Grow in all directions.

The panhandle of West Virginia is due to poor surveying technology. When the Mason-Dixon line was drawn they thought Ohio's eastern border extended all the way to the bottom of Pennsylvania's western line. It wasn't until the technology got better that we realized that it didn't, giving Virginia, now West Virginia, that awkward panhandle.

The Pennsylvania panhandle is due to politics though. Pennsylvania wanted a piece of the Lake Eerie coast. Without the panhandle they would have been cut off from it by New York.

The Spanish Inquisition expands into Nevada as the circular empire expands like some eldritch horror and/or something out of a /d/ thread.

Contine into Nevada

acquire TN (starting with Dickson County)
>cyan
>The Chekl Legion

OP's double circles ring with the truth. Expand our girth!

This is really fucking boring without more players.

Blue
NeoCalifornian Empire

Whatever remains of NorCal

Allience?

Just as I said that...

Well we didnt expect you.

So why not

The Chekl legion is now open to an alliance, regarding alliances, due to a recently formed alliance.

The Spanish Inquisition continues to slowly advance into Nevada while the Cult of Circle grows ever larger.

In Tennessee, the Chekl Legion is formed, and the northern territories of California unite under the banner of the Neocalifornian Empire, which immediately forges an alliance with the Inquisition.

Cool, you can have the rest of the west coast if you want
Finish Nevada

>expand into middle TN

Push southwards and seize the San Francisco bay area. It will make a fine capital.

G
R
O
W
Stay off the Missouri/illininois states/ don't expand in my direction and we can stay allies.

This game just got really fucking interesting really fucking quick

Wait did I get trips or naw

the chekl legion expects to expand eastward

No, it's based on the last 3 digits. So your last 3 were 338.

I like to inflate my ball and I cannot lie.

continue progressing east through TN

Finish Nevada and push into Arizona

Closer! I can just taste the gentrification!

soon.jpg my friend. soon

The NCE moves into the bay area to establish their new capitol. The Spanish Inquisition, galvanized by their total subjugation of Nevada, makes a push into Arizona. Like an amoeba that's found a cracker the cult's round empire suddenly grows substantially thanks to the discovery of a small dubs deposit in their territory. The Legion continues to claim territory in Tennessee.

Round is right.

Finsih Arizona, then Utah if overspill

continue taking East TN

we gona meme all over the south

Um, can I step in as purple team, Minnesota Vikings, and start in Lake of the Woods, that's the northernmost point of Minnesota?

Excellent.

We push southward to meet borders with the inquisition.

Soon our army of drag queens will be ready.

The NCE pushes south to meet borders with the Inquisition-controlled south. The Inquisition, meanwhile, continues its push east, conquering nearly all of Arizona. The Circle grows, as always. Chekl takes more of Tennessee and Vikings somehow establish a settlement in northern Minnesota

Finish Arizona then conquer Utah

True to our namesake we must try to conquer all of Minnesota before setting our eyes elsewhere. This is our doctrine until all of Minnesota flies the purple banner.

INTO TN WE GO

take over as much as TN as possible, if overspill, go into a random south state

YES

EASTWARD! Gobble up the rest of the unoccupied north, i demand more.craft beer

The Inquisition declares a crusade against the heretical Mormons of Utah. The Chekl Legion discovers its own vein of dubs and uses the rare mineral to fuel its expansion through Tennessee. The NCE takes more territory in norcal, uniting the region under their hipster flag, which is really just a bandanna ironically tied to a stick because real flags are too mainstream. The Vikings choose to rape and pillage all of Minnesota before going out to rape and pillage elsewhere, possibly with a "lets solve the problems we have here before we go somewhere else" mindset, except the problem is not enough raping and pillaging.

The circle cult seems to be calm.

>Everyone has until ten minutes after the last post to make their moves, then I post the new map. For example, this time circle had until 3:44 to post a move.

Skol.

Finish TN.

All must obey the gospel of Chekl. His holy writings will be spread to all.

MORE EAST!

He who controls the almonds controls the silk!

Whazzat? Let me up north!

Kill the Mormons and drinm their blood for not accepting the Catholic Faith.

Drink whoops

>Trips are worth 75, forgot to add it on the map.

The Vikings loot a king's ransom in trips from the frozen wasteland of Minnesota and use it to conquer the whole place. Or nearly. The Chekl Legion takes the last of the empty land in western Tennessee and resumes their push east. The Inquisition's crusade continues to grind the Mormons of Utah into mincemeat as their ally takes more of northern California for the hipster hordes. The seniors of Florida finally awaken not unlike an ancient beast and shuffle northwards in search of new bingo grounds.

Sorry for the delay, Internet connection issues.

Finish Minnesota, then northern Wisconsin

Continue the Crusade

Spread the word Eastward.

The Retirement Army works to take south Florida.

Did circle guy die wtf

The Vikings begin to push into Wisconsin as the Inquisition slowly takes control of Utah. The Chekl Legion takes more of Tennessee as the Retirement Army moves on Miami.

It would seem so.

We need more of that sunny south.

Continue the Crusade

Onto TN, then to NC

Upper peninsula of Michigan is next.

Skol.

Push further east! Soon it wil be all be bathed in caramel macchiato!

Continue filling S.Fl

God wills the pillaging of the Mormons!

EAST WE RIDE

South East! Fill the land with In n out locations! Once Norcal is ours, we ride!

Moar michigan

I'm unsure where to expand next, Skinnyjeans

Once norcal is secured i plan on reconnecting with the scattered hipster hordes on oregon and washington. There lies the mecca of portland.

New mexico needs faith i believe

Moving west to fill Florida :D

If God wills it, I will penetrate New Mexico like a true Catholic.

TAKE OVER NC

Finish Utah then New Mexico if Overspill

Overflow into Georgia if needed.

AS I ADJUST MY LENSLESS GLASSES, MY FRIENEMIES,BRAHS AND RAIDERS FANS, WE FOCUS OUR UNITED DESIRES NORTHWARD, TO THE HIPSTER HOLY LAND.

TO OREGON!

I like pointy things, therefore more Michigan

The NCE finishes bringing northern California under its rule and begins to advance forward, uniting scattered and more-purposeless-than-usual bands of hipsters as it goes. The Inquisition burns the last of the Mormons in Utah, then readies its engines of war for the next leg of its cleansing crusade. The elderly horde in Florida stumbled across a cache of motor scooters in Orlando ad used them to quickly take the rest of Florida before the serial killers and gators knew what hit them. The Chekl Legion, after taking all of Tennessee, invades North Carolina unopposed. The Vikings take more of Michigan.

Spread the word to the coast.

Everyone will know of Chekl's holy texts!

Northward! The call of the flannel is too strong!

Upper peninsula and wisconsin. Uff da.

We power North on pur hip new scooters :DD

New Mexico will fall under Catholic subjuctation.

>double dubs