Matt Ward's slaughter of the Sisters of Battle during the Bloodtide incident was perfectly in line with both the Grey...

Matt Ward's slaughter of the Sisters of Battle during the Bloodtide incident was perfectly in line with both the Grey Knights' typical MO (remember that each and every one of their bullets is baptized in the blood of a pure hearted innocent) as well as the general grimness of the setting. If anything, you are the sexist ones for demanding the Sororitas get special, exclusionary treatment solely because they're girls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XC4vIBZkRSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't think people minded that, just the act the Grey Knights get held up as these noble shining heroes, when in fact they're very... well, grey.

They're still the closest thing the setting has to heroes, second only to the Ultramarines

Of course they and GKs get wanked by the likes of Ward. GW is all about Nobledark

The true heroes are the Tyranids.

Nope that's the interex and they died to the luna wolves

>If anything, you are the sexist ones for demanding the Sororitas get special, exclusionary treatment solely because they're girls.
Fuck off, Knuckles.

I understood that reference

>If anything, you are the sexist ones for demanding the Sororitas get special, exclusionary treatment solely because they're girls.

The complaint wasn't generally about them doing it to girls. It was the fact that the SOB were once again being used as a punching bag/sacrifice to show that the situation was For Serious Yo.

SOB exist in a place where writers find it very easy to use them as a group elite enough to show that these foes are too powerful for anyone but

I did not.

>The complaint wasn't generally about them doing it to girls
Then why is it always used as """evidence""" of Matt Ward's alleged misogyny?

Knuckles was right again

youtube.com/watch?v=XC4vIBZkRSk

He's right

Is Knuckles the face of redpilled feminism?

He's already red

Is that why he's red?

He just told you.

It isn't about the Sororitas getting rolf-stomped this one time, it's about them getting rolf-stomped all the time and never doing anything else.

Personally I'm not calling anyone a sexist. Making TOUGH FIGHTING GIRLS just so they can get defeated over and over, its a trope, its tired. But then again 40k lore isn't the sort of thing you read because you're tired of tropes.

>baptized in the blood of the innocent

Wut?

They are just above the guard.

I mean if the guard loses no big deal, but if the sisters lose the space marines can still win but look cool

Interex army when?

I want them to exist. Maybe in hiding?

But geedubs hates making unique armies. Space marines sell

Yes. Knuckles is pretty red pilled. He has this sort of retard wisdom.

Advanced tech union of races?
Closest you'll get is tau unless 30k gets expanded big

>They are just above the guard.

A fair bit. A better thing would be 'Just below the marines'. What with equivalent gear and all.

>I mean if the guard loses no big deal, but if the sisters lose the space marines can still win but look cool

The issue is that the guard actually get fluff wins. The SOB don't really get any, so they end up 'The guys who lose to show this isn't a minor threat but a big one as killing guard isn't impressive'

Except not weeabo jerks.

With cool centaur suits and robots

> If anything, you are the sexist ones for demanding the Sororitas get special, exclusionary treatment solely because they're girls.

But they do, that is the whole point of the Sebastian Thor story

>Hating hot blooded mecha space samurai
Look at this queer

Ughhhhh......
If there are any GKfags in this thread other than me, I'll let you know I'm dissapointed. You guys had one job....

The problem with the Bloodtide has nothing to do with the grimness of the setting, special treatment of women or anything else. The Bloodtide is problematic because it goes against the fluff established IN THE EXACT SAME CODEX. The codex states "Grey Knights are incorruptable". However, during the blood tide, the Grey Knights need "shielding from corruption" for some reason, which is the first mistake. The second one is that while the sororitas are able to withstand the bloodtide with faith and willpower alone, the Grey Knights, apparently, are unable to, which makes no sense at all, considering they are at least as fanatical as the sisters and train resisting the touch of chaos as long as they possibly can.

The problem is fluff inconsistancy, not issues with the setting or feministic stuff.
Anyone who plays Grey Knights because he thinks they are hero's deserves to be thrown off a cliff. The whole point of the GKs is that they are a last, radical, extreme desperate measure that the emperor put in place to stop, or at least slow chaos down.

This guys knows where it's at. Have a (you)

GK are objectively shitty and pleb tier. They're basically all Mary Sues, more than usual marines (which are a tumour of their own already) even

GK are NOT the the heroes of the setting at all, they are for people who like the "last, most extreme option" feel of the inquisition, but also like the "genetically engineered ubermench" power fantasy of space marines.

That's not heroic.... it fits in perfectly with the setting but it's not "the heroes"

Maybe the reason they're incorruptible is that they do things like this to shield themselves from corruption.

>What are the 666 rites of initiation
>What is the one in a million success rate of their new recruits actually being worthy of becoming a knight
>What is the geneseed specifically designed by the Emperor to be resistant to chaos
>Why do Grey Knights scour the entire Imperium of man searching for suitable candidates, of which, as stated, only one in a million will be worthy

Also
>space nuns who were probably some random orphans and brought up by a fanatic church can resist the bloodtide through willpower, even though most of them have probably never heard of chaos before
>genetically modified supersoldiers who train their entire lives to make their body, mind and soul to resist chaos, using warding spells and other stuff to resist chaos, while haveing GENETICS to resist chaos, need to use the blood of others to shield themselves form the bloodtide

Makes you think, doesn't it?

>only one in a million will be worthy
That's many billions of candidates. The typical hive world will have population of hundreds of billions or even several trillion. And there are tens of thousands of hive worlds.

/thread

>That's many billions of candidates. The typical hive world will have population of hundreds of billions or even several trillion. And there are tens of thousands of hive worlds.
>what is reading comprehension
One of a million of their RECRUITS becomes a grey knight. That means, if the GK search the entire Imperium for people with psychic abilities, purity of spirit, willpower, as well as physical strenghth, endurance, intelligence and combat ability and bring one million suitable people back to titan, ONE of them will become a Grey Knight, the rest will die or become lobotomized servitors.

I understand as a table top army the battle sisters are the primary focus. However, I feel if they put more emphasis on the other aspects of the sororitas as well as integrated them more into the ecclisearcy then you wouldn't have such a shallow army as it were.

You don't see a group of magos on the battle field fighting by themselves do you? No, you have a Magos as the head of an army of Skitarii.

If the Church has to take to the field then the Sector Arch Bishop should be up there with zealots and Soroitas and penitent engines and eviscerators everywhere

Argent Shroud are the only heroes in 40k and they are mother fucking Sisters of Battle.

That is incredibly stupid

They could make more SoB or Scion, you know the non retarded version of marines.

What's their survival rate, and aren't sisters of battle, you know, a different gender to grey knights already?

>survival rate
>Imperium
It is not like it matter, you could eliminate an entire order or regiment and no one would notice.

SoB and Scion are almost immune to chaos crap and are easier, cheaper and faster to produce than marines of any kind.

Gee, it's almost like they take every precaution necessary to ensure evil never takes root wherever they go. Kinda like a hero might.

>mench
Ave imperator, slayer of my mothertounge.

Sisters are rather resistant. Scions are not. They have strong minds but can get corupted well otherwise.

Dont blame me, I didnt write the fluff.

Also sisters belong to the church, that almost destroyed the imperium the last time they had an army. They get their sisters only because a loop hole. Should the increase them to much, the leeway of said loophole would aproach 0.

Do we have lore for Chaos scion?

>Chaos
>Mattering outside of space Marines
Lul

So Scion are immune to it. Making them objectively better than marines.

:^)

why to people still bitch about this autistic shit that has basically been retconned

just make more Custodes, they're just as incorruptible as the Grey Knights (probably more since they don't explode form chaos taint and one of the strongest daemons ever said it'd take longer than the heat death of the universe for it to corrupt a Custodian) and just as good if not better at fighting Chaos

But user....then we wouldn't have any army to sell...

Jokes aside, I kinda agree, but then again, custodes aren't psykers...
Also, the only guy who knows how to make custodes is the Emperor himself, who, unfortunately, is taking a 10000 year shit on his golden toilet.

Pretty sure new Custodes have been created since he sat down for his conference call. They had massive casualties in the Webway and now they're out fighting again, they couldn't have many bodies left.

Or that scions simply aren't worth corrupting since they aren't marines and their souls are better put to use feeding CSMs

I'm sure Gulliman could figure it out and then improve on the design