Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

Goon Squad Edition

Also FAQ for Chaoscucks. World Eaters Berserkers are troops, same with Noiselets and Emperor's Children. Oh and Daemon Princes now benefit from legion tactics.

>New Chaos and GK FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13754063
strawpoll.me/13754062
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Chaos making races they can't see or interact with
Gee Doubleuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Posting in new thread

>Play Night Lords
>bought a bunch of MKIV assault packs
>intended for HH
>have enough for a full Assmarine squad
>thats 20 potential raptors
>also have 2 boxes of actual raptors
Tell me Veeky Forums, is there any reason why I shouldn't make my raptors into warp talons and make me assmarines into raptors?

It's what I've done since 6th, no one has ever had a problem with it.

POLL TIME

>strawpoll.me/13754063
>strawpoll.me/13754062

My raptors and talons are a mix of the raptor kits and vanguard vet kits, nobody gives a shit.

It's more the warp talon bit. They're what, 27ppm? Idk if they're worth using even if I love lightning ckaws

Tau aren't blanks, they're just emotionally dull.

>get the Inquisitor Solomon Lok model for my Ordo Xenos force
>painting him
>this nigga has three separate layers of robe
>I can't unsee the mental image of him sitting in a dimly lit room, grilling some tau sympathiser for info on his cell while a little Italian guy follows him around with a tape measure, measuring his inseam, sizing his waist and asking how loose he wants his hood

This poll will confirm that Veeky Forums is full of mid school kids with 800 points of ultramarines crying about gw prices.

anyone have a good template for cards that hold all a unit's stats like they have for AoS? want to make some to avoid carrying the books around and constantly jumping back and forth for weapons stats and stuff

I use chainglaives, I explain to them they're roughly a two handed equivalent to a lightning claw in HH and people are cool with it.

Yes. We are in 2017.
You can dowload the epub for free and have it on your phone and tablet.

>weapons
Its like 1 page to print.

What exactly is wrong with crying about GW prices? They fuck over anyone not in the US or UK because fuck you.

Don't hate, nigga looks so good every one off inquisitor has copied his model down to the little designs in his power armor

I like cards and the epubs are cancer on phones

How do I paint 90 boys without killing myself?

I own 6000 points of smurfs and fuck GW

It's at the point that you're just preaching to the choir.

There's a thing called a printer, there's another thing called human memory.

Which is better looks wise: a squad of Scarab Occult termies with one guy carrying both the hellfyre missile launcher plus heavy weapon or two guys carrying one or the other?

I have

>5k points Orks
>2k points Spess Muhreens
>1k points SoB

I have a policy of not buying something new until I get whatever I bought last to tabletop standard.

That's not a bad idea, and I did think about doing that. Not sure if I have 10, though. What's funny is that I was planning on having my raptors be Night Raptors in HH anyway.

Except the denizens of THE DAEMON CAGE were called Chaotic and the cage broke which guess what? Unleashed Chaos daemons. What do you gain by being a lying moron?

The agge of the Necron cage appears in the novel and fact that it's known to the Eldar since before the Fall when the Necronsd WERE SLEEPING. They couldn't have constructed the planet while the Eldar were the dominate race could they?

Seriously, why are the anti-Chaos side so maliciously ignorant?

i mean a template so they all come out the same size (larger ones with multiple cards) like index card size

just carrying around large pages isn't exactly intuitive

1 of the GK List guys from the last thread. Updated with a new list.

2150/2150
Battalion Detachment
>Voldus and Draigo with Sanc/vortex/purge and Gate/Hammerhand respectively
>3 Strike Squads, 1 10man, 2 5 man, 10 man has Astral Aim for Psybolt shenanigans, the other 2 with hammer hand. ALL FALCHIONS ALL THE TIME
>Predator with Twin Lascannon and Storm Bolter
Vanguard Detachment
>Brother Captain, Warlord with First to the Fray, Fury of Deimos, Gate, and a Hammer.
>Apothecary, falchion and Gate
>Paladin Ancient, Banner, Purge, SB+Falch
>Venerable Dread with 2 Twin Autocannons
Vanguard Detachment 2: Heretic Boogaloo
>Brotherhood Champion with Gate
>3 Paladin Squads with 3 dudes each with Falchions

Rate/Hate, please.

>2150

I feel like you lack anti tank.

Why don't you just crop the datasheets from the PDF and print it out on a 3x5 and slap it on a piece of cardstock.

In any case a weird thing to be made by chaos

> Not enough baby carrries.

>2150
For what purpose

Is the Juggerlord even worth taking anymore? He's more expensive than all the other and yet doesn't benefit from Legion Traits, and the mount attacks are only semi-good against infantry.

It just feels like I could get a higher offensive output and better buffs with an Exalted Champion for less cost, or MUCH higher offensive output and mobility with a Daemon Prince.

Also, why is the WE warlord trait so fucking bad?

>That does not require author fiat saying "your plastic mans are all doomed no matter what."

How does it in any way stop you from from playing army X vs army Y and roleplaying it like a nerd? Again, it's back to the ego thing. At some far off interval in the storyline that might be written down DECADES from now, everyone will be eaten by faction X. Somehow this ruins your day. It doesn't matter that the writers have a story to tell and want to covey a point. What matters is how it makes you feel, you selfish bastard!

Why is the standard game 1850?

>2500+ Sisters
>1500+ Tzeentch Daemons
>3000ish CSM
>2000ish Deldar
Most of the Sisters are painted, some of the daemons are painted, and that's about it. Frankly, a lot of the Marines aren't even assembled, and only about 1500pts of deldar are assembled.

There's a third party who makes them, I got 15 for about $20. I used 8 for my Night Raptors and the rest for sergeants, apothecaries etc.

It isn't. Are you still playing 7e or something?

What strawman are you attacking? I just pointed out you have no proof of it being built before the War in Heaven. They could easily have built it afterwards.

Besides it's official fluff that the Chaos Gods were created by that war, you just ignore it because it triggers you.

From what I've been hearing, the new 1850 is somewhere between 2000 and 2200. My buds and I have been settling on 2150 after they apparently see it on batreps and the local FB page going in that direction, too. That's why I went 2150.

Agreed. I think I might just drop the second Vanguard detach and lose the 1 CP to gain a Dreadknight and possibly another Pred.

Yea, I got mine from LegionForge before they went underground, but I don't remember how many I ordered because it was quite some time ago. They're pretty good. Same place I got most of my silly bat helmets, though they're a little more pricey.

base coat and wash, commissions, have someone else kill you

my eldar are about 90% painted at about 1500 or so. i need to finish some shining spears, a wave serpent, and a vyper

chaos daemons are about 5k i guess and any where from 30-75% painted. this army is old and in various states of completion. hell i'm tempted to strip and redo a lot of the miniatures

If I was going to get into this game what would y'all suggest as a starter army? I'm guessing space marines would probably be the best for me and then branch out from there but have the numarines pretty well replaced the traditional ones?

1.07 MB JPG
Alright, another run at a small footslogging Craftworld force.

Asurmen
Farseer
Dire Avengers x 10
Dark Reapers x 10

Then either a squad of Wraithguard to shoot up anything in my backfield, or two squads of Rangers for sniping and objectives.

I'd really like to get Asurmen, the Avengers and Reapers in there for sure though. Any advice?

>What strawman are you attacking? I just pointed out you have no proof of it being built before the War in Heaven. They could easily have built it afterwards.

Except that again, it as known to the Eldar before the Fall aka the time when the Necrons were sleeping. Do I need to write in bold letters so that you can read the words?

>Besides it's official fluff that the Chaos Gods were created by that war, you just ignore it because it triggers you.

Oldcron lore that was retconned.

Lets see what you ignored, you piece of shit.

1-Time is meaningless in the Warp. There is no linear time in there
2-The Old One Daemon Cage containing Chaotic entities and daemons
3-Be'lakor having memories of the first Necrontyr Necropolis

Those Dire Avengers are going to get shot to pieces. Why not take Asurmen with other Aspect Warriors instead?

Depends on what you want to collect.
Marines are generally a very popular and safe starting points

Creating a new hopeful race only to cast down their hopes and relish in their despair is perfectly chaos.

Counterpoint; they're also a very boring army, doubly so since everyone plays them.

Imperial Guard, Nids and Orks are pretty easy to play.
Most importantly, what models do you like the look of most?

~450 points Harlequin
~450 points Craftworld
~2000 points Dark Eldar
~600 points Alpha Legion
~1300 points TSons

Well, according to GW themselves the new 1850 is exactly 2k

why not make a race that infiltrates psykers into mankind and cause warp rifts?

>Counterpoint; they're also a very boring army, doubly so since everyone plays them.
so?
what he wants to collect is independent of your opinion of them

>Except that again, it as known to the Eldar before the Fall aka the time when the Necrons were sleeping
Which does not mean it was built before the War in Heaven.

>Oldcron lore that was retconned.
I didn't.

>Time is meaningless in the Warp. There is no linear time in there
And yet GW still set their birth at the War in Heaven.

>The Old One Daemon Cage containing Chaotic entities and daemons
Which wasn't stated to be built before the War in Heaven.

>Be'lakor having memories of the first Necrontyr Necropolis
Time is meaningless in the Warp, could simply be a vision.

>user asks for opinions
>give my opinion

seems fine to me

Chaos can already make warp rifts as it pleases.

>marines are boring
How? They're special forces is spess. How is that not cool?

Orks. Move forward, charge things. Shoot things while getting in charge range. Super fun army to paint and play, and everyone loves playing against orks.

Fluff and because I like them mostly. I'm hoping the ++4 from asurmen along with farseer powers will keep them about, and if anything is going to get shot at its best to be them. Besides, it'd feel weird running asurmen without them.

Might it be worth a warlock to spam conceal?

if the dudes want his marines, let him have his marines

ignore him

what is going to happen to stubby marines long term?

>everyone loves playing against orks.
>this is what orkfags actually believe

If they could they'd shit them out at good targets not randomly. Hit up the earth non stop. Rather than try and ride the crimson mispath

Generally I kind of go for a style of getting close and personal. I also don't want to have to paint an absurd number of units. And as far as aesthetics SM, IG, and Orks all have something I like about them. Basically for a starter army though I'm looking for something adaptable until I get the flow of the game and find what I really like.

Marines are safe and solid. Lots of people play them if it matters to you.

Orks, IG and nids tend to have a high model count which can be hard to paint and purchase, so unless you really dig them I'd look at something else first.

You can't get more starter friendly than marines, don't have a large model count and can pick melee as well as adapt

Chaos has already won, it's all just a game to them. Humanity is nothing more than an amusement.

>Which does not mean it was built before the War in Heaven.

The Old One Daemon Cage was, not the Necron Cage you moron.

>I didn't.

It as. Look over the Newcron codexes.

>And yet GW still set their birth at the War in Heaven.

They didn't and even if they did it's irrelevant because the Warp has no cause and effect. They can reach out and affect any period of the timeline like how they elevated Be'lakor before the Fall

>Which wasn't stated to be built before the War in Heaven.

Wrong. The War in Heaven happened 60 million years ago. The Old One Daemon Cage was built before life formed on Earth putting it before the War in Heaven by billions of years.

>Time is meaningless in the Warp, could simply be a vision.

Or you are simply a hypocritical moron using a fact of the setting when it suited you.

Go home carnac

I do kinda like Orks for the ability to kitbash and claim an Ork stole and modified it. Ive seen anything from gundams to homemade stuff out of good Ork modelers. Problem is I have no experience with making models yet.

go home to daddy adb

It's the future of GW lore, best get used to it now.

t. autistic former Riptide wing Tau player.

I've been playing Orks since Gorkamorka. People beg me to play my orks just so they don't have to face MEQ army #2342234. Some people have fun playing this game.

>The secret that the Black Legion sought, and that the Adeptus Mechanicus were racing them to seize, lay deep beneath the surface of Amethal. It was ancient – unspeakably, unimaginably so. It was a device the size of a world, forged by godlike beings before Terra had even spawned its first single-celled organisms. It was a cage for the infernal creatures of the Warp, a weapon to dwarf the Damnation Cache that had slipped through Abaddon’s fingers on Pandorax. And, according to the divinations of Lord Xorphas and his followers, it was full to the brim. It required only the correct ritual to be broken open, at which point the sudden release of so many Warp entities would tear a gaping wound in reality itself…

-Traitor's Hate

Lets see....the War in Heaven was 60 million year ago.

The Old One Daemon Cages massive waepons against he infernal denizens of the Warp was constructed before any life appeared on Earth. A quick google search places that 3.2 billion years ago.

Aren't there a whole bunch of Necrons who stayed awake while the rest slumbered. The Praetorians, maybe?
Perhaps they were the ones to build the cage.

Xenos all ally with IoM in Konor for a reason

Everyone reps their dudes

>t-tau p-player
sick burn yo

Am I an enormous asshole if I bring two stormravens in a 2000 point game?

Not a Taufag sorry
>shit that never happened: episode 248

>The Old One Daemon Cage was, not the Necron Cage you moron.
I don't see your proof.

>It as. Look over the Newcron codexes.
>"go read X!"
Not an argument.

>They didn't and even if they did it's irrelevant because the Warp has no cause and effect.
Translation: They didn't because I say so.

>The Old One Daemon Cage was built before life formed on Earth
I don't see your proof.

>Or you are simply a hypocritical moron using a fact of the setting when it suited you.
Projecting already?

Yes.

I'm the guy trying to figure out what army I should choose. I also kinda like tau but from what I know they're too shooty and not enough stabby for me.

>The Old One Daemon Cage containing Chaotic entities and daemons
Chaotic entities and daemons
>Chaotic daemons =/= the Chaos Gods

Dude, considering Orks often lost more times than we won collectively due to getting the shit-end of the stick for several editions (nerfing our shit for no reason over and over) prior to 8e, and generally being pretty cool dudes, of course people enjoy playing against Orks.

We were a lot easier to beat than the other broken armies out there for a LONG time.

The only Necrons with understanding of Necron technology were the Cryptek caste. The TP were in charge of protecting the slumbering Necron dynasties and making sure Necron culture did not die out. They failed in protecting the Necron dynasties and just milled around the galaxy until the Silent King returned.

What kind of army do you like? Marines have a good compromise between shooty and choppy. Loyalists lean to the shooty side, Chaos to the stabby sides.

>I don't see your proof.
>I don't see your proof.

See and eat the biggest dick.

>Not an argument.

Except they are proof that the Necron lore was retconned. From page 1.

>Translation: They didn't because I say so.

Did you just say that you are ignoring the lore because of your feels?

>Projecting already?

Nope, it's you. Be'lakor lore coming up.

If GW would stop sitting with their thumb up their ass we could be dicing in our red armour splashed with the blood of our enemies.

So you admit that people just like playing against you because you're a punching bag then.

Fellow Thousand Sons players, what kind of spells, relics, etc. are you hoping to see in our codex?

Except chaotic/daemonic = Chaos Gods.

>The Adeptus Mechanicus Tech-Magos Kyber has spent his life piecing together the history of Be’lakor in his exploration of the galactic wilderness, hunting down ancient relics of the Dark Age of Technology. Following the faint trail left by Be’lakor’s passage through history, Magos Kyber has found winged statues carved from the fossilised bones of psykers, crumbling scrolls of human skin that show thousands of tiny figures bowing down before a dark winged shape and stygian horn-fragments sealed in sacred caskets. Unaware of Be’lakor’s true nature, Kyber has become convinced that all these objects are linked to one alien overlord, an ancient creature that has existed for millions of years in various guises and is behind countless vile deeds.

>‘He is not many, he is one, he is the first. A creature as old as creation itself, he has moved unseen between the stars for millennia, twisting the fates of many races and feeding upon their misery. But I have found him, I have learnt his name!’

- Tech-Magos Kyber Arbastri to the Council of Chalice

Be'lakor presence in the galaxy dates back millions of years ago.

The lion el'johnson will return as a daemon primarch with the dark angels codex. SCREENCAP THIS PLEASE

No, the Lion is sleeping soundly in a hidden room in the Rock. Only the hooded manlets and that the one who put him to sleep know.

ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE FIRST AND MOST LOYAL, MOST HANDSOME, STRONGEST, FIERCEST PRIMARCH WOULD TURN INTO A LOUSY HERETICAL DEMON?! REPENT YOU HERETIC

Original and hilarious joke my dude

Now that wasn't so hard was it? Thanks for the free fluff.

GW has been memeing about CSM DA occassionally, maybe they'll do it for the laughs and fans. Just like they made abadingdong a super success after everyone would rag on him all the time

I gladly love to educate ignorant fools such as yourself. Now take the L and leave.

Seriously. teegee has a problem with rampant anti-Chaos wankers.

>problem with rampant anti-Chaos wankers

die carnac

What ever happened after that event in the book? I read it recently and really started to like the Crimson Slaughter and their ghost allies, but the fucking daemon cage seemed like a pretty big deal.

Hey Carnac, if Chaos has been steering the fates of countless races just for shits and giggles, then why do they want to end it all with humanity by deleting reality? Wouldn't that effectively starve them out and end even the Warp itself?

I like the ability to be able to do at least okay in melee because I'm fairly aggressive when it comes to games and I like to charge my enemies. Vehicles are ok but I'm not too concerned with them. But I'll probably be ok with any armor that lets me apply pressure and keep it up.