/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-brief-respite-before-the-deluge-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Is Wraith20 ever going to come out?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

mutedhorn.net/far-west-delivery-estimates
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is Wraith20 ever going to come out?
Sooner than Far West
mutedhorn.net/far-west-delivery-estimates

Guide to triggering magefags:
Remind them they can't even pick a Demon out of a crowd.

>DaveB BTFOing Changelings n' Demons

Yes, cry you pathetic demonfags

Best Genius Vamp crossover ever

>Magewankers start the thread with residual buttmad

>Magehaters start the thread with residual envy

>Genius
One, don't.
Two, PB is either a Promethean or a Changeling.

So, do we have any details on the announced third Mage supplement, Fallen Worlds (that likely will not be released until 2025)?

>One, don't.
Well I guess if you hate yourself that's something you should see a psychiatrist about

Does Mage Sight not work on Demons?

>no concrete proof of Prime beating a Demon's Cover
>no concrete proof of Demon's Cover being impervious to Prime
>even DaveB doesn't know, or care

You really need to just agree to disagree.

I'd allow Unveiling, not maybe not Mage Sight.

These discussions are the reason why Dave doesn't visit us anymore. ;_;

>I'd allow Unveiling, not maybe not Mage Sight.

Mage Sight doesn't automatically detect explicit concealment powers like Obfuscate. I would certainly put Demon's lying powers in that category. However, such protection does not extend to Knowing and Unveiling spells.

Magesight works. It just wouldn't find anything unless the Demon's spoof fails.

If the spoof succeeds, then the Mage would only see signs of a normal human.

That's pretty tempting.

>These discussions are the reason why Dave doesn't visit us anymore. ;_;

Ironically, Dave's been unusually active here and in the OPP forums over the last week or two.

I think he's in a much better mood now that he's finished the Deviant outline, it's been approved by the Swedes, and he can again focus on Mage while he awaits Deviant first drafts.

Alright, I'm looking at making a changeling for the first time for a crossover game based on the advice of the last thread. How would I go about making as wizardly (Throwing fireballs, ritual magic, detecting supernatural stuff easily) a changeling as possible? The idea is that they got stuck playing the role of a wizard in the fey's games. Likely with the physical warping being rather a caricature of a wizard, with a serious case of uncanny valley.

I will freely admit: Changeling is something Iv'e got basically zero experience, so tell me if I'm doing stuff wrong.

I know this is Veeky Forums, and that we can all afford to be retarded here, but can we all just drop the splat wars for once?

Wizened are the most like traditional witches and wizards. Very elongated, wrinkly, or otherwise oddly musty-smelling and that sort of thing. I'd obviously take a lot of dots in Occult for that sort of Changeling, and the Autumn Court tends to be the court of magic and secrets but Winter works as well depending on your Changeling's personality.

Genius is better than beast, promethean and mummy so kill yourself faggot. And PB is definitely a genius

As soon as this general submits too and respects mage SUPREMACY

Unfortunately, Wizened contracts are toward artifice, which won't give fireball chucking stuff.

Another option is to be an Elemental. You could do something very Radagast like with an Earth related elemental. Then your contracts let you do the element flinging, and the universal contracts could give you some of the other stuff they would want to seem wizardly.

Contracts of Hearth in particular.

Make an Acanthus you PUSSY

>can we all just drop the splat wars for once?

There will be peace in the Middle East and a cure for cancer before anyone yields in the Spat Wars.

>"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

Genius can be better than Beast and Mummy, no one cares.

But Prommie is actually pretty high tier, and Genius just ain't up there, sorry kid.

I was just about to ask you guys how to get into this setting, but them I saw OP's image. Please tell me that I won't have to deal with shitty Adventure Time-tier garbage.

More wisdom from the Komodo King

You can show yourself out. We have enough players as is.

Right, thanks. How good are the changeling element flinging stuff? I'm not remotely opposed to being limited in the elements I can work with.

Personality-wise I was thinking of someone who's got serious conflict over it all. Loving the idea of being a wizard...but still horrified about being forced into it/what they did while a fey's toy. A dream come true in ways that leave them horrified and guilty over ever wanting that dream. Is there a court/group for changelings who are still working out how they feel about what happened to them? As iirc, the courts are each dominated by a particular emotion but a person can easily have multiple conflicting emotions about a particular thing.

Sorry if I'm messing stuff up, as I said, I've got basically zero changing experience.

>more mages are privileged white people and the other splats are poor downtrodden minorities

Yep, that's how Dave Bootyshot intended it.

I still think a Wizened Oracle could be a really good wizardly archetype. It would be more expensive to buy Elements contracts, but fixing or breaking technology with a touch is something I'd expect from a modern-day Gandalf. Like Dumbledore's lighter that disables lamps.

There is actually an alternate rule that allows people to choose any Kith with any Seeming, and Changeling 2e looks to be making that the default, so maybe asking the GM to make an Elemental + Oracle combination might be a good idea.

While both of the political left, relish the differences between how Dave develops Awakening versus how Brucato develops (and almost exclusively writes) M20 Ascension.

>TFW I realize what Dave could have included in Mage 2e if he was given M20's word count

>what Dave could have included in Mage 2e if he was given M20's word count

>Mage Fan Tears

You might want to go ahead and read over the Contracts if you haven't already. Changelings aren't actually that good at elemental magic, but what they can do involves manipulating what's in the area around them. Think more like that one mutant from X-Men who uses the lighter rather than a D&D Wizard.

Who won the argument? Magefags or Demonfags?

Depends on the GM seems to be the consensus.

Depends if your gm can read.

They’re are more mage players. i.e, more Mage STs, meaning that Demons lose.

i.e., Legacies

>Who won the argument? Magefags or Demonfags?

>TFW there's no DaveB screencap to conclusively end the argument

>Sign of the apocalypse

>The End Is Night

Nobody wins these discussions.

Except for the Magefags. They seem to have a citation up their sleeve more often than not.
They effectively rule /wodg/ at this point.

>the end is night
>maybe vampires win?
>whatever, we take what we can get

There is no DaveB screencap. The closest we got was "i dunno lol, let me ask someone"

He never got back to us.

>i.e., Legacies

That and whole lot more.

Signs of Sorcery and all the antagonist material would likely have fit in a tome the size of M20.

DaveB is the only author that cares about Veeky Forums, so it's not hard to see why people here like Mage so much.

I don't know. Dave's presence just makes me reluctant to run mage games.

Which sucks, because all my previous mage games were fun.

Chris Allen, one of the primary writers for Forsaken and other CofD material, also used to be prolific on /wodg/, (He's also a friend of Dave). Sadly, he seems to have mostly disappeared along with Dave, but still posts on the OPP and Discord forums.

>DaveB is the only author that cares about Veeky Forums

"DaveB is the only developer that cares."

FIFY

You mean you don't have a shrine dedicated to The Komodo in your closet?

...why are you even here?

Why is that?

Dave has been here a lot recently, or at least it's seemed that way to me. I actually had a conversation with him in a thread a few weeks ago.

>"DaveB is the only developer that cares."

I don't know, the Komodo Exarch is a cruel and fickle god.

Don't forget Goblin Vows. A Goblin Vow is like a Pledge, but you can make the Pledge with an abstract concept, offering a service for a service. It would cover freeform (but not free) elemental magic, though you'd need to raise the merit for each additional element covered. Rites of Spring, p. 38

DaveB knows the Magefags have a powerful presence here. That's why he rarely steps down. He carefully sows the seeds of Mage Supremacy wherever it's needed most.

Evening quoted from him comes off as dismissive of the larger setting, and written from the point of view of the mage dev. Which is weird, because as he himself has said, he works on a ton of games at OP. There are only like two or three lines he doesnt work on in some way.

So he comes off as an asshole.

>comes off as dismissive of the larger setting

Yeaaaaahhhh, you can bugger off. He doesn't dismiss anything.

That was real persuasive user, you changed my opinion!

Oh wait, no you didn't.

Why should I have to persuade a faggot like you?

You don't have to. I'm also not trying to persuade you. I guess you'll just have to deal with me thinking DaveB is an ass.

Is there any evidence of a giovanni diablerizing a fellow clan member and getting away with it?
What about a childe diablerie on their sire or would the bond be too strong?

Is QB a Beast?

How would that work? Is he turning the girls into Heroes? Seems like a True Fae would be more able to grant powers.

I don't think anyone answered last time.

What happens to forsaken during a solar eclipse?

they yiff a mighty yiff

Does anyone have a pdf of the Rio book?

NO

This actually reminds me, why do people here seem to have such strong aversion if not outright hate for Genius?
Mad Scientists are huge staple of horror genre from good ol' Victor Frankenstein and Henry Jekyl to Herbert West and others.

Because its like a crappier version of Ascension

Frankly. I don't like the absurd amount of crunch mages comes in with and the whole 'condescending magic user' -cliche its following reeks of.

>master of eldritch forces beyond the understanding of mere men
>not condescending

pick one

These threads have really gone to shit since hardcore Mage Supremacy posting became the norm. It wouldn't suprise me if he stopped posting because of it.

I miss all the really recognizable shitposters acting as a hatesink. At least we had discussions in between shitty drama rather than every single topic being interupted by mageposting.

Legacy user where have you gone? I need to exploit the fact you exist so I don't have to come up with the rules for the Cwn Annwn.

I take "being convinced that you have build flying car and try to take over Europe" any day over that. nWoD amd CofD seemed to be big on whole "blessed with /cursed with awesome" and mages just win lottery and proceed to berate everyone for not winning.

My biggest complaint about mage is the amount of system mastery even a 0 xp game requires from both players and story tellers. Highest reading and rules workload ever.

So, any non-Mage Supremacist who'd like to enlighten me or is it just noise and finding peeps to play Genius with should be easy?

I'll hash it out tomorrow morning.
I remember them being a total pain the first time I looked them over, what with their ludicrous Lower Depths familiar.

Fan splats are maximum hate around here, usually because they are poorly written mechanically and often very fan fiction feeling.

hey guys! how's it going!

What is this travesty of faggots?

I want to fuck that bubblegum

Right, did it early.

Version 1.26
Now with the Cwn Annwn.

These guys are confusing as fuck and really annoying, given they're a:
>Lower Depths
>Left Handed
>Prime Legacy
>Using 1e spells with no 2e equivalents
>Who don't really like Oblations, for some reason
>Who use their original Path's Ruling as their Ruling Arcanum
>Who don't really have any secondary Arcanum that makes sense
>Who rely on a familiar, that isn't really a familiar for their abilities, who exists in "Prime-Twilight"

So basically I just tried to as closely adapt 1e as I could, and left in a few things from 1e that aren't really sensible in 2e.

Not to mention they're lazy motherfuckers who don't want to put in the hard yards to Ascend.

Plus they have to leave their bodies unconscious while they spend a ludicrous amount of Mana to run off to their shitty home realm which isn't even an emanation realm.
Which according to the lore, bleeds Mana like crazy.

So they're essentially a Scientology-like cult of lazy motherfuckers who want to build up a massive store of mana just so they can have their 'Astral+' clubhouse, and never ultimately achieve anything, while risking detection and PURGING because they've got to constantly raid Hallows, because in 2e (bar the 5th Attainment) you can't just harvest Mana from solid objects any more.

Our overlord Dracula and his minions.

to be fair, they were written in 1e where archmages were seen a fairy tales by most mages. So finding a place where paradox doesn't exist and working to rebuild a new world their doesn't strike me as to bad of an idea. (always wondered what would happen if at the higher levels you made your hound eat you).

Okay, can't argue with tastes, but how hard would it be to find people interested to run/play Genius?

Who knows. None of the people in these threads actually play.

>None of the people in these threads actually play.

I want to say you're wrong, but I'm not certain I can. I used to play myself, but my group's currently on a six-month break from WoD, and we're all playing Unhallowed Metropolis now, because we still wanna play games with dark themes.

I would personally wait for the fan made 2ed update to be finished. 1ed Genius is a mess, and I say this as a fan.

Speak for yourself
Look on roll 20 or rpg.net should not be too hard

Wont Prime just clash with a demons spoof or cover?

I see the truth vs im a lying cuntbag?

Um Giovanni and old Cappa is a example of childe diablerie on their sire fucknut?

Petty sure after then have stopped fucking each other Giovanni on Giovanni violence is common

Middle right looks like he sings for Ensiferum.

>All OPP and WW products are guaranteed to be out before Far West

This, at the very least, is a comfort.

>Genius: The Old Mage Whining
>Better than anything besides Beast

The Judges do not approve

Planning a medieval fantasy game of sorts for my friends. Is there a general dark ages books I could use for mortals and general reference? Trying to have a 16th century sort of setting.

While I'm at it, how easily could i cobble together other storyteller systems, like Scion or Exalted, for the fantasy aspect?

Idea for a Horror: the Vermin Lord. A wizened, sickly looking vagrant dressed in rags and a trash cloak. Virtue is Kindly, Vices are Implacable/Watchful. Aspirations are Keep The City Safe, Help The Downtrodden and Punish The Haughty. Dread Powers include Beastmaster, Gremlin, Numen (Mixed Blessings, Mortal Mask, Entropic Decay. Curse: Deformity), Wall Climb, Toxic 2 (Sick) and Baleful Polymorphosis.

Exalted would be harder than Scion given how you can take Scion's mythic hero style and plop that shit right down in 16th Century England, Imperial China, or an Arabian Nights middle-east. Exalted is so high power the world itself needs to shift to accomodate it more.

The book mirrors has a world of darkness fantasy medieval setting. Check it out.