That will be £45/$70/€60/AU$120/NZ$148 plus shipping please

>that will be £45/$70/€60/AU$120/NZ$148 plus shipping please

Are the only people left playing GW games the most braindead and spoonfed?

Do...do you actually think this is a lot of money? You can't just drop $100 whenever you feel like it?
Sucks to suck poorfag. Go wait for food stamps or something. Can you only get on the web at fucking Starbucks?

I'm an Actuary thank you, I could comfortably buy these two miniatures.

Enjoy your consumer experience.

Wait is that $70 burger tokens each? Holy shit this company is being held afloat by old nerds with nothing else to, it's rediculous

>2017
>Economy is going down the shitter in every first world country on the planet
>Jobs literally do not exist for anyone under the age 25 unless it's dead-end service industry work that pays below-poverty wages
>Entitled basement-dwelling pricks who spend all day on the computer that their parents pay for still have the mental-retardation to feel good about poor-shaming people.

Please withdraw from civilized society forever, thanks.

>jobs don't exist
Bullshit, go out and do an honest day's work.

>muh economic downturn
Go learn a useful skill, loser.

>Jobs literally do not exist for anyone under the age 25 unless it's dead-end service industry work that pays below-poverty wages

There's plenty of jobs available user. You just have to be very good, since there's tons of other people that want the same job.

For the internships in law firms I want in the UK, there's about 1200 applicants for 20 places every year. I haven't gotten there yet, but I' still hopeful. And if I don't manage, I'll just try elsewhere, in another country.

You autists are just too stupid to move somewhere with jobs, where I live they're installing fucking air conditioning on to factory floors to attract line workers because they need them so badly

Unless you're working with your hands you're not doing honest work. And good luck finding a job that isn't some bullshit admin or service shit.

>muh bootstraps

You are playing the game of multinational corporations. A couple will "win" and bemoan the rest, but we all lose.

Again, GW prices single models high since most players only buy 1 (most players being the cunts who leave mouldlines on, don't paint their figs and cover them in plastic glue, also build them wrong)

Since they'll only buy 1 they charge more which is shit for hobbyists who want to use them for conversions/bits

Then be the few. I'm lucky enough to have been born in the few thanks to my parents hard work, but I don't intend to do fuck all and let opportunities pass by. Hence why I studied law and not something that wouldn't open any doors.

But user, surely you do realise that typing out bullshit busines analytics is done with your hands, right?

>Office workers are all EVUHL
Bloody hope living in your black and white world helps you cope with failure user. It's just sad otherwise.

I never said that, I said it's dishonest work, as in it's meaningless rubbish where you don't get to see the fruit of your labours.

But I work in a lab, I use my hands on a daily basis, does that count?

I'd tend to disagree. I like spending months preparing a huge M&A, closing it, and knowing that this new massive company is the fruit of countless hours of work on my part to make sure it all happens smoothly.

Yeah I guess. Working with your hands doesn't mean menial labour.

That's a very limited worldview. Unless you want to go back to some kind of barter-based society, you need an infrastructure of "facilitators" for all the labourers.

As someone who's a manager at one of user's "dead-end service industry jobs", I can tell you the young people working under me do more "honest days work" and put up with more of the absolute shittiest shit of humanity than most people in a "real" job ever will.

The world needs cogs, unless there is a new plague there will always be a need for people behind the scenes to make these large organisations work.
Sadly we don't live in a world where everyone has a plot of land and provides for themself with said land.

Let me guess, retail?

Not him, but a year in retail should be mandatory, especially in the US, I've seen people being an asshole to kids on $5/hr because they don't have Pumpkin Pie Oreos on the shelves.

Yeah, I live in a shit town where the biggest employer in the area is Walmart, unfortunately. Moving away isn't really an option for some of the people here, it takes a good safety net to pack up everything you have, move to a new area, and hope to be able to find a job and set yourself up there. Especially with kids or a family. Alot of the people not in management positions are just scraping by paycheck to paycheck... it's disheartening when the only advice anyone ever gives them is "BOOTSTRAPS! BOOTSTRAPS! BOOTSTRAPS!" from people who have never in been their situation.

Yes I hate the corporation I work for, even though I'm in a management position there.

Agreed, did 3 years of it. Sure it made me hate people but also makes me bring stock foward whenever I take something of a shelf and not be a cunt to people behind tills.

Americans have...special way of envisioning clients relationships though. The entitlement is real.

35$ each.
Still a silly amount of money for a single model, especially models that only have the most minor customizations.

It works like this
>Bosses want money
>Because bosses want money, they tell their employees to bend over backwards to suck clients' dicks
>Employees do this because money to feed the family is more important than self-respect or dignity, and even mediocre jobs are a rare commodity that could take months to get if you're lucky
>Something happens where the employee literally cannot suck off the client hard enough, such as an item being out of stock
>Customer complains
>Boss fires the employee over it
>Employee gets told "Pull yourself up by the bootstraps, you lazy piece of shit" by society as a whole.

The mad thing is that a proportion of those Walmart-employed families will be on government benefits to make up for their small incomes, which are raised by taxes on other people. And yet people get angry at "welfare queens" and not the corporations.

It's almost impressive how they've got the working class constantly fighting against itself in the US.

>be under 25
>work in the service industry
>can still afford a modest army along with bills
I think you just suck at saving money user.

>dat chaplain
Where is his hat?

Most people could dipshit, $35 a pop for a toy is nothing. The fact that you apparently think it's expensive enough to comment on is telling though.

>Are the only people left playing GW games the most braindead and spoonfed?
>playing
Implying I'm buying these models and not using the models I collected over the past 8 years.

I did buy some hellblasters on eBay, I got 5 models for £10. Pretty good deal.

>"I make 1 billion/year, that's why I use banknotes to clean my ass
Being rich doesn't mean being wasteful. Actual rich people are often very conservative on how and why they spend their money (that's why they got rich in the first place, often). 2 monopose guys made from Chinese plastic don't deserve that much money

where i live they installed fucking air conditioning on factory floors 70 years ago. thanks for your input from a third-world shithole that thinks it's finally getting somewhere, though.

No, rich people just find ways to write off the money. Leasing a Jaguar and having $200 sushi lunches isn't frugal, but they don't have to pay for it because the company does.

t. the guy who records business expenses

Basically this actual rich people do not pay for their stuff

>Not buying from based ebay resellers

>Not buying from chinaman or easterneuropeman

>Giving GW your money

>not playing a better game
>advertising and indirectly supporting GW's games
>thinks he's somehow sticking it to GW

If you really wanted to hurt GW you would buy and play a competitors product. Just because you buy Coca-Cola from a non-Coca-Cola retailer and wear Coca-Cola shirts all day doesn't mean you've somehow outsmarted Coca-Cola.

Yeah space marines used to $.50 or whatever 30 years ago and people treated them like it too. Video games took the segment of the player base that preferred play over the hobby aspect and they aren't coming back, prices adjusted to match the investment people were interested in putting into their pieces.

Why not go ask Veeky Forums why people spend huge money on classic cars when they could get something safer, better mileage, and cheaper to maintain for a lot less effort?

The old car comparison does not work with GW products, since the newer kits seem to have less hobby aspect

Well they obviously come painted at that price no?

Really? Shit have you seen how much the converting crowd uses ad mech bits?

I saw a spotless 1970 Camaro SS in blue with dark blue racing stripes and what looked like completely new chrome and exhaust and everything. It looked and sounded so fucking amazing, and I am a 100% JDM guy. I mean I'd never buy a muscle car and I probably would never restore even the old classic JDM cars I love, but I still think that guy got his money's worth. I'd probably spend the money on high performance parts or trying to upgrade into a Porsche or GT-R instead. A lot of old cars have excellent curves and aesthetics that still hold up to modern design standards were it not for dead giveaways like chrome fenders or outdated badges or taillight designs, especially muscle cars.

>tfw used to get 20 infantry and a character for less than one plastic character
>you could actually start an army for less.

You used to get a lot more of everything for less back then. Inflation going faster than wage increases is total bullshit. Doesn't help that GW does price hikes along the way too. But comparing £20 or $20 from the 80s to the same amount in 2017 is kinda dumb ffaamm. The start collecting boxes probably have decent value if inflation is accounted for.

>thinks im talking about inflation
>thinks im talking about the 80s
This was the early 00s
Shut up idiot.

Im 25 and i have a well paid career.
...at GW head office no less

Shut up, Duncan.

>thinks there was no inflation from 2000 to 2017
>thinks two decades ago is recent

Y-you guys looking to hire a new writer, maybe...?

>GW studio painters
>well paid

Have never been out of a job since turning 17. 26 now and making a 6 figure salary, wtf is wrong with you?

>12$ from china

>says a thing

I don't believe you

>says thing again

Jokes on you, I use alternative miniatures for Cadian Shock trooper that are twice as expensive as GWs while having a worse quality out of the box.

Sweet forgeworld army man.

Those who dont work dont eat. Also buying used/recasting for personal use are things.

>two decades ago
>the same pricing existed up to late 00s
user you are retarded stop.

That one models costs more than:
10 lesser daemons
10 kabalites
10 wyches

It would make sense if prices followed a logical pattern.
>HQ are expensive since they are a one time purches.
Fine
>shit like DCA cost as much as an HQ but you need like 5 set of those to make a single unit.
>who the fuck price the GSC stuff? You need hordes of this bastard and their priced like those so called one time purches
>let's not even start with decades old products costing more than newer stuff.

In other words te prices do not make sense from a consumer stand point

Not sure if trolling, shilling or just does not understand basic economics

user you are fucking retarded. You have no clue what you are talking about because you are a teenager. Stop with the damage control you ignorant little cunt.
For starters two decades is twenty years its 2017. Inflation does not explain the price increase in the last ten years which is where the change has occured.

The consumer index does and it is tie to it.
We can make this simple and use the "Big Mac" or "hour work" shit I can buy with said "work hour" unlike what you college students think the economy is not simple because it has fucking retarded humans in it. That do retarded shit like buying retarded overpriced crap just because they can

>I've seen people being an asshole to kids on $5/hr
I don't doubt that but how the hell do they get paid $5/hr when the federal min wage is $7.25?

>tips
>but they don't get tips!
>well they should work harder for those then!
America has a strange way to avoid paying for workers directly

t. Third world business trying to start something in America, it just felt wrong being this level of asshole towards workers

>implying it's the same person
>implying you're not so dumb you don't realize inflation makes 200X's models cheaper than 200X+1's models even if the price stayed the same

Yup. Given that a squad of primaris intercessors is 60$/10 dudes, that's 6$/model for new space marines. So these guys are almost 6 times as expensive than regular marines, but have specialized battlefield roles and are keyword characters. Are they 6 times as important to your army? Are they 6 times as valuable as a model or on the table top? Probably not. Hence, why the pricing is silly.

These are literally $15~ each which is expensive as fuck right now from multiple sources located in Asia lol

Because there a number of loopholes that exist to be exploited.

Tips, for example. Projected Tips are accounted for for a minimum wage paycheck, but most do not receive anywhere close to minimum wage in a week because of how tips get distributed.(the house often taking upwards of 50% of tips before they go to employees.)

When you don't tip, be it for being a greedy fuck, or for some "fight the system" reason, you are not hurting the business (nor system) at all, just hurting the employees who are trapped in the bullshit.

I've always liked 40k and the now dead Fantasy but in decades of hobby I have never ever bought a single thing from a GW store or website

Whilst I believe that you need to financially support the things you enjoy - you're obviously a retard with wealthy parents.

>Law
Mate, you're in the worst situation. Unless you have friends who can get you a job look at something else. At best you're going to have to work your way from call centre bitch to lawyer over 10 years.

lmao and how do you have the money to move? trust fund UK boi

yeah sure OK CEOs and other big jobs like that get free travel and lunch. Literally every real rich person (so rich they don't work) is a complete frugal cunt with their money

source: was groundskeeper at a few super rich people's houses

>law
>honest work
Also
>it's your problem, system is fine! Don't fight it, be a good goy and work yourself to death for two shekels a month, you will be rich soon, you will see.

Nah. A lot of people just use their old models / buy used models.

Eeeeh I'll manage. If not in a law firm right away, then in-house. I've done internships for a top 10 asset management company, was all right. Albeit a bit boring. Still, could be a decent stopgap before I panage to find something better.
But yeah, the legal world is a small one, and weirdly enough, you find tons of lawyer's children getting their training contract way more easily than others. But surely it's just a coincidence right? Oh well, that's life. I use my parents contacts as well when I can. Shame they don't work in law.

Not exactly trust fund, but at least I'm not English. Ew. I'm from accross the river my dear friend.

>income inequality spiked under Reagan

gee what a surprise, it's like 'small govt' claptrap is bullshit or something

Yeah but the US is fucked. Undeniably so. And I'll have you know, working in law can is actually pretty decent. The evil lawuers defending big ass corporations killing people are a very small minority. Where I want to work, we're glorified paper pushers and Googlers.
Not saying the system is right, far from it, but the US is a blatant overkill from the system. Interestingly, an user from here once pointed out that

Did you know a vintage Barbie doll costs around $100-$800... So its safe to say a hobby costs money no matter your take on it.
That is the reality of it. If you can't afford it, you are no longer a paying customer, and thus need not worry yourself about it.
If you feel you can get the same out of a cheaper manufacturer, then you should be happy with that and move along.
And if you like me, by the use of a simple budget can buy the miniatures that you want because you think its worth it, all is well.

There are not much outside of this that will give an effect. You can bitch and moan all you want to try and sway the opinion of others that don't mind paying money for the models they want, but in truth I don't think you will have that much luck.

Engaging a hobby is a privilege, not a right.

Can anyone explain why income inequality took such a dive before WW2, pretty please? That's interesting.

This graph is inaccurate. Well, it's accurate, but misleading.

The change in income hasn't kept up with productivity, but the change in compensation has. Turns out that health insurance is actually really fucking expensive.

jesus christ your country is run by a bunch of evil mongs

and anyone who decides to work as a waitress deserves 5 bucks an hour

Pointed that the US's riches repartition was more akin to Brazil than a 1st world country.*

If you make less than minimum wage, it is a federal crime to not make up the difference.

The IRS checks this. They check it because you pay your taxes on your income made, and if that's less than what you should be making, they get more money.

I know CPAs who do work with restaurants. Trust me, if the owner isn't making up the tips, he is going to get fucked over hard the second there's an audit. Has to pay back double what he owes, and possibly prison time.

are you retarded or are you just trolling

>jesus christ your country is run by a bunch of evil corporatists that are now more in power than ever before thanks to Trump*
FTFY. And people were rejoicing and thinking it'd do some good to the people. The fact that some still support deregulations of the financial sector is so incredible it's not even funny anymore. They drive towards yet another wall and cheer along the way.

ggggreat depression

Simple
There was no income to be unequally spread

dam bubba i wish i was rich, i still wouldnt by any fuckin games workshop models tho

>$120AU is not a lot of money
In the grand scheme of things? Of course not.
For two fucking pieces of plastic that I would otherwise buy from a recaster for a fraction of that amount?
Of course it fucking is.

If they decreased the price, I might actually consider fucking purchasing legitimate models.
They can't still believe that somehow they wouldn't get additional business sufficient to offset the decreased profit margain from each unit by decreasing the price.

I don't know the situation in the US, but in Sweden there is a huge need for registered nurses which I am fortunate enough to be. So I can literally just pick and chose what I want, when I want it! A bonus as well is that our otherwise left-swing government has allowed for private firms within healthcare to make debut, which actually pays quite well!

Point is this, if you would have asked me 15 years ago if I thought Id be a male nurse, id be laughing in your face! I had never even thought about working with healthcare. But now, this is where the work is! As a bonus, its Swede's top 1 work for women... And Im talking some serious hotties!

I always find it so funny that the US tax system is so bloody aggressive and thorough, in the middle of all the other gvts agencies that seem to be lacking any strength.
The one institution that I alwyas hear not to fuck with is the Taxes. Not the cops, not drugs or employment, but bloody taxes.

>Stating simple facts
>user can't comprehend it
>you must be retarded

Really now, this the best you got?

Oooooh yeah silly me.

op never said anything relating to what you said.

clearly youve been holding this in for a while. are your expensive barbies and toy solders putting a strain on your marriage? there's a lawyer in this thread who might be able to help you

Class war when?

First inflation and great depression, but then mostly taxes. If your top margin for income tax is 92% then you can be sure nobody is going to actually earn that and the money are spent on investment, including salaries.