EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Shitlord" Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What commander is the biggest meme in your meta?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eddies-party/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshi-comin-fo-dat-tooshie/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inalla-wizards-discard/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw if the Quicksilver ruling really goes through Kuro and Pestilence Demon both become shit again
LET ME PLAY WITH JANK WIZARDS FFS

>thread question
There's a huge hateboner for GAAIV on my LGS because one of the owners has a very unfun stax list with him.

>What commander is the biggest meme in your meta?

That Josh doesn't ever attack anyone ever and that he wants to play like how blue plays but refuses to play blue.

Life is fun for Iname.

Alright, since you clearly have autism and have some weird boner for making OPs, let me give you a couple tips.

>1) Choose an interesting question.
This is harder than it sounds, you're going to want to pick something that everyone wants to reply to, or that could generate positive discussion. I usually choose something thematic with the edition, and that requires an in depth response. Asking a one sentance question about group memes is stupid, no one really cares, but asking who everyone's favorite beater is, or a time a rube goldberg combo actually worked tends to solicit good discussion. The best discussion comes from getting people to talk about their decks or colour preferences.

>Edition
Pick a good edition title. Something short, something sweet, and something to the point. If you can make it relate to the thread question, cool. If you can also make it relate to something that was discussed in the previous thread, double cool. You've already started putting actual magic cards as your OP image, which helps people find this general.

>Bump Limit
Make it at exactly 315 posts. If you make it early, you're an attention whoring fag, like you were last thread. If someone else does it, accept that they're just petty silly people with no life.

There you go, now people might not think you discord fags are giant fags, just regular fags.

My commanders, probably. My friends don't run joke commanders. Neither do I, but I'm much more willing to run trash.

Samut is the current meme in my group.

So does Mairsil only have the activated abilities while he's on the battlefield? Or are they present in any zone he's in? Pic related

>tfw everyone but me has an animar deck
its a hard meta to be orzhov

Only on the battlefield.

I just got 160$ in store credit. I'm brewing a MonoW Cat/Equipment deck for when the new precons are out. Any suggestions on monowhite staples and Equipment that I should get? I already own all the Mirrodin Swords and the usual goodies like Skullclamp and Greaves.

Scroll Rack, Land Tax, Tithe, Enlightened Tutor, Idyllic Tutor, Memory Jar, Steelshaper's Gift, Stoneforge Mystic, and Sun Titan are all good staples for smoothing out the issues with Mono-W

Landtax?

What cards would you be able to successfully wish for, /edhg/?

8.5 is a fox, but it's in flavor and good for protecting your stuff.

I'm assuming Balan? Worldslayer and Darksteel Plate, Stonehewer and Stoneforge, Sigarda's Aid.

Stop posting you CaC shit here. There is a containment thread for you.

Anyone have experience with the blood mage himself?

Edict them to hell and beyond

>monowhite staples
Armageddon
Ravages of War
also its going to be important to protect your boardstate
ghostway
teferi's senior moment
second sunrise
faith's reward
Eerie Interlude

It's not mine. I thought it was a fun thought exercise.

It isn't until you stop and think about it that you realize how few cards you know both the artist and flavor text for.

Innocent Blood them over and over again.

apparently its a good mono black swampstuff matters deck
Ive personally never played against a good one but if you go on youtube some people swear by him for 75% tables

may as well just wrath of god

Double value from every single target removal, is also fun with Horobi.

This thread is not for CaC's, so stop posting them. You can ask whatever you want without posting them.

Blood costs a single B, Wrath has a CMC of 4.

Do you get angry when people post reaction images?

yeah but in an animar deck its not like they wont have more than one creature out on any turn other than turn 2/3 or right after a wrath

>You can ask whatever you want without posting them
oh shit its the cyber police! Protect the Lolis!

I actually made that custom card. Can we not have some dumb argument? I can already tell this is gearing up to one.

You have to know that not responding would end things faster.

You have to know you're goading So, both of you being aware this is going to go nowhere productive, wouldn't it just be possible to stop right now?

I'm not angry, I'm disgusted.

Reaction images are fine, as long as you are not avatarfagging.

This is why we have multiple mtg threads. To prevent stuff like this from happening.

Gross

Of anything that could come out of the custom card threads, some silly uncard really seems like probably the tamest possibility.

>tutor for Tajuru Preserver
>laughs in green

literally nobody asked you or cares what you think
holy shit
could you be more of a fag

I played and loved him in French about a year back, but the paper meta around me died and I have no intention of playing online. Not sure if he's better or worse now that life totals have changed, or with the online banlist.

I mean, technically, did ask him a question. You're probably right that nobody cares though.

>tfw they dont make good art anymore

>TFW when my nostalgia goggles doesn't work on the newer art
FTFY

Help me out with my vamp tribal, Veeky Forums.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eddies-party/

>muh nostalgia goggles
yeah because sharp edges and shitty proportions make for better art
neck yourself

Bitch don't make me topple you.

Yeah man, I miss it.

bring back the mechs!

What kind of hallucinogenic drug are you snorting to think this is good art, and can I have some? I could really use some self confidence when I'm looking at my own shitty doodles.

It's not a specific commander, but rather the entire reanimator archetype. We all have one, we often play them all at the same time, and it usually ends up being a hilarious clusterfuck of Wraths and Rises everywhere

>small brain nigga detected

I think they are being sarcastic. That volcano looks like it came straight from an old DC comic, or screencapped from an old TV show.

I love topplegeist. To me his flavor will always be "Fuck this candle"

>Go over to a friends house last night to watch the new GoT episode with them (I don't watch it, I was mostly there just to hang out with them and make Blue Eyes White Dragon jokes)
>Brought a few Commander decks with me because I proposed the idea of coming over to my place and playing the C17 decks out-of-box this weekend
>One friend is familiar with Commander but hasn't played in a while
>The other two are super big into Hearthstone and have little to no familiarity with MtG
>Game is progressing at a snails pace because of having to explain combat, how tapping works, keyword abilities ("Haste works like Charge", etc) and card combos
>Constant remarks on stuff like "Dude lands are fuckin dumb" and "I like Hearthstone better because how automated everything is"
>By turn 6 everyone decides to scoop because it was getting late, one had to catch a train home, and the others wanted to watch the new Rick and Morty episode

One of the Hearthstone dudes was catching on at least, like he was getting the basics and beginning to see card interactions (Like Horizon Chimera and having the Monarch token, or Rashmi+Paradox Engine+Rocks) but I doubt that sold them on MtG compared to how much they ride their dicks on Hearthstone.

I just wanna play with the friends I've known since 5th grade and not just the guys I barely know at my LGS.

Mtg's greatest strength over Hearthstone is janky combos and interesting interactions, so definitely try to show them more of that. Don't make aggro or midrange decks because those are too similar.

gas the normies

this is the commander thread, you guys are the normies

Kemba in my local meta

Bump limit is 310. Thanks for the laugh.

Building mimeoplasm infect with combos such as Blighted Agent + Deaths Shadow, or Spinebiter + Phyrexian Dreadnought. Is this considered a shitty thing to do in most metas? I know infect is pretty widely hated at least, not sure if a novel approach to it will lessen that

I have a list I've been refining for some time. I can link the list just given general pitfalls with the deck or strats to keep in mind.

>Hearthstpne
>Rick and Morty

Sure, we are the normies, not those guys.

I didnt say they werent.

Fuck normies.

Here's the list from tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshi-comin-fo-dat-tooshie/

Description says general things to keep in mind but if you have specific questions about what I've found or why I removed a card feel free to ask.

>y..you guys are the normies
>let me go netdeck my next modern deck
>picklerick is totally esoteric dude

>there arent online resources for commander
really?

>you will never get to see Kuro's pit

That's not even remotely what he said and if you're trying to imply that standard and modern have archetypes with much more identical decklists than builds in commander then you are wrong.

>don't have
Fixt

Hes saying normies netdeck

Not OP. How long do you have to of been browsing before it becomes your responsibility to make the thread? how autisic do you need to be to qualify

>Thread Question:
Our biggest meme is we have a "new" player who has been playing since april and he always tries to take shit back. I've been telling hime since may that he has to stop and won't let him. Took the restof the group a while to get on board. Now we just make fun of him when he does it and will "take back plays" that fuck him really hard.

That and 10 or 7 card start.

>using magiccards.info/edhrec is the same as copy//pasting a deck and sideboard
yeah naw cunt

>you cant look up commander lists online

Is Jhoira any fun to play? I have seen some people here in the past complaining about how unfun she is playing with/against

what are ya? fucking retarded?

You need to show them the more interesting interactions with lands, creature abilities and eccentric enchantments. You have to understand that these people are coming from a game where card design is so fucked they have to abbreviate their own keywords to make it fit on the card.

>muh sekrit club

Reminder that there's a little bit of normie in everyone

Im not the one claiming that you cant net deck a commander list

Like everything, it depends

suspend big fucking dude + obliterate when it's about to hit the battlefield isn't really fun, is it?

spellslinging big, expensive things? alright I guess

You're not looking hard enough

Suspending an Omniscience or Eye of the Storm is fun. Suspending Jokulhaups and Ulamog is not.

Using online resources isn't netdecking and netdecking for commander doesn't lead to success and is not a prevalent. The same cannot be said for other constructed formats.

yeah because commemeder isnt a competitive format

neither am I dumbfuck
its just not a rampant problem because edh is a big brain nigga format

>Hearthstone and Rick and Morty
Pleb friends, user.

netdecking isnt a problem

Would anyone please give me some feedback on this Inalla deck? There is a serious glut of cmc 3 spells and I need to trim the deck by 20 cards.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inalla-wizards-discard/

t.smallbrainnigga

Go away Desolator.

Take out every card worth $5 or more.

Yeah I know, but they're still my friends. Sometimes it hurts putting on the pleb filter for them but I don't mind putting up with them. I just wish they'd try more adventurous stuff outside of their comfort zones once in a while.

>mtg
>adventurous

>Game of Thrones, Hearthstone and Rick and Morty
FTFY

>bypassing half of the point of the game by letting someone else build your deck for you isnt a problem
this is why draft and to a lesser extent sealed are the only real competitive formats

I already own these cards so I'm not going to do that. Sneak Attack is going to be amazing with Inalla's effect.

its still outside of their comfort zones
i mean shit at least mtg isnt just a guy fanning his balls while burping and farting
>dude nihilism lmao

I'm more worried about your 4 and 5 drop slots being so packed. Look to drop at least 2-3 4 and 5 drops each and add in cantrips and draw spells like Ponder, Preordain, FoF, Cruise and Dig. If you have fetches you'll also want Brainstorm. You're missing Rakdos Signet and the RB and UB Talismans, which are really must haves, 2 cmc colored rocks are prime staples. Willbender is also great.

For them it sure fucking is. These are people who's favorite fighting games are Melee/Smash 4 and are afraid to go try Street Fighter or any other 2D fighter because Dragon Punch movements are too hard for them, who talk about Jojo memes whenever something tangently related pops up but stopped watching the anime after 2-3 episodes because they were wondering where the Stands were (Don't ask them to read manga, that's too much work for them), and who were excited to get GTAV on PS4 when they already bought it for PS3.

A card game where combat and mana isn't automated for them is already too much for them

>A card game where combat and mana isn't automated for them is already too much for them

>First timers
>Play EDH with them

I have 4 30-card monocolor decks with easy synergies (a bit more complex than the free welcome decks) and The also work with 2HG and free for all. So they are very versatile decks that I can use to teach people MTG.

I played EDH in a pod of 4 with a new dude (a friend brought him in EDH game night) and he borrowed one of my decks. I gave him the easiest and also the most powerful deck I had. Of course in the end I won the game because I am good at playing the game. All he said was "pay to win", as in saying that I won because of money cards.

why would they play street fighter if they are playing melee? melee is the best fighting game of all time

yeah, its overweight men fanning out their ass at gps and lgs's

>Play this
>Draw another one of itself
>Repeat this several times
>Draw Tendrils of Agony
>Storm them to death

Get wrecked, scrubs.

Thanks. I'm trimming some 4 and 5 drops that seem like they would be low impact and need to get some talismans. A lot of the rocks were 3 cmc.