Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

The Great Legions Edition

>Old Thread
>New Chaos and GK FAQ. GK invuln cheese nerfed. Cult troops are troops again. Also Daemon Princes benefit from legion tactics, neat.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Can I replace Voldus's head with GK Termies Helmet ?

You can literally look at Voldus' sprue right now and find out yourself.

yes

How many armies have you accumulated and how many many more do you intend to accumulate?

Every time I see a helmetless Stormcast I get a little bummed that they're flesh and blood and not an animate suit of armour piloted by a hero's soul and powered by storm magic

I had a 1500 oldcron army and a 1000 point world eater army. Both sold now.

I'm getting Thousand Sons now, and maybe when I'm done with them I'll get Admech or Sisters if they ever get plastic models (lol)

Thousand Sons Pre Heresy
Thousand Sons Post Heresy
BIRDMEN-The Army
Maybe Spireguard

1 and 0. Just picked up a massive lot of Guard minis and 3 Russes from eBay. They'll keep me busy for a good long while. I do plan on fielding them as Vets though so I'm not too cheesy.

Can anyone share Grandfather's Gift short story?

>Chaos comeback is on.
That shit is barely on chaos hands, I'm pessimist enough to believe that shit will end on imperial hands before it could be turned back into chaos hands

>i like playing fluffy lists, forging a narrative, and having fun with less optimal models
>the only other guy thats always up for a game in my store is a waacfag that constantly list tailors
Life is pain

What size magnets am I looking at if I want to magnetize Ork boy arms
I really want to make a max dakka list but also have the option for slugga choppa without having to buy all the boyz all over again

Never. Instead they'll retcon Sisters of Battle into being female marines but not part of the Astartes - sort of like how Custodes are technically really advanced marines but aren't part of the Astartes.

This is why it's taking so long for them to make plastic SOB

Tell him you won't play with or against anything but an all-comers list. Stop playing him altogether if he continues to list tailor.

Just two, and I'm still working on them.
I probably won't start any extras.
Chaos Space Marines and Daemons, Emperor's Children and Slaanesh.
If I ever did start another I do like how dark eldar look, but that's not something I'm planning any time soon.

So they are pulling another SoS? Then wonder why no one is buying their stuff?

Played a game against a normally cool guy at our local club who got really upset and frustrated throughout the game and at the end effectively told me off for bringing a cheesy list with too many tanks.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on whether my list was cheesy bullshit in context and how to deal with these sort of situations.

Game was roughly 2k
My list was

Iron warriors 7 cp
Battalion detachment
chaos lord in terminator armour with combi plasma
Daemon prince with fleshmetal exoskeleton and malefic talons (no wings)

10 marines one plasma/lascannon
10 marines one plasma/ plasma cannon forgot csms didn't get these but it was cool I think)
5 marines 1 lascannon

Helbrute, twin lascannon, heavy flamer

3 predators autocannons/heavy bolters

Spearhead detachment
Warpsmith
3 vindicators, demolisher cannons

His list off memory

2 Commander
Commissar

4/5 chimeras with various multi lasers/flamers with vet squads, mix of flamer , plasma and melta squads.

Vendetta with 5 lascannons

20 ish man conscript blob

3 sentinels with lascannons

Leman Russ demolisher

2 3 man autocannons teams all that could re-roll 1s etc
2 10 man infantry blobs with grenade launchers
10 ratlings

I said beforehand that I had a fair amount of tanks and walkers in a shooty iron warriors list where I wanted to test some stuff out and he said he'd build his list accordingly.

We played one of the open war missions where you have to destroy all of your your opponents 3 objectives before they destroy yours, you destroy them by controlling them at the end of turn and because he had less points than me he drew a ruse card that gave his entire army immunity to morale which obviously gave him a further advantage but that's cool, it was just meant to be a fun game.

>Continued in next post.

>Cont

He got first turn as well for much the same reason and took out my Daemon prince , a ten man csm squad as well damaging one of my vindicators and destroying one of my objectives. I hit back hard though with the vindicator stratagem being particularly powerful and the predators too.

He managed to kill all my csms and a vindicator but didn't have much left to deal with my vehicles which ground him down in the end. He forgot some rules as well (like his autocannons having two shots) which I didn't notice. He granted perhaps had some bad luck too which he certainly complained about lots ( though he ignored in this his sentinel on one turn surviving 3 lascannon hits with a 6+ save)

He then as I say got really upset and said how this game was basically over from the start because I brought 6 battle tanks when he had an anti infantry list. I said if he'd told me before hand I would have changed my list up and that I let him know what I was bringing but he was adamant.

So did I fuck up by being a cheesemonger or is he soiling his pants a bit too much ?

I have roughly 4000 points in Dark Angels. I intended to build 1500 points of Black Templars, 1000 points of Astra Militarum, and 500 Points of Admech.

1 and a half. I'm likely going to reach 3 if I don't stop.

3. I've been collecting Guard since 3rd and been playing on and off for a while. I also got a decent sized Ministorum army from 5th and I recently split the Dark Imperium box, so I have 2 Nurgle halves. Don't know why I did that. I got caught up in thinking Death Guard would be neat, but I have lost interest in them so I will probably sell off the sprues eventually. I'm holding onto them for a bit in case I have a change of heart again. I'm not bothering with the Sisters units because they are metal, so I just use the Ministorum units.

I doubt I'll do another army. I'll just do various mixing of Inquisition, Guard and Ministorum. Maybe I'll add in some Deathwatch units if I do a Xenos Inquisition force or some Sisters of Silence/Sisters of Battle later on.

Your friend sucks.

He brought a 7th ed. list(Vets in a Chimera, fucking really?) and you say you mentioned you have tanks.

Your friend sucks.

Weak shit. The only people in my store are fucking WAACfags who always opt for spam armies. Except 1 Tau player, ironically enough but he list tailors to shit against my list.

He just sounds salty. Assuming you did tell him you were bringing a shooty/tank list he chose his list very poorly then proceeded to forget his own rules and get mad about it.

If his salt doesn't clear up in a day or so tell him to seek help.

Is warpsmith worth it if you only bring him to heal your tanks and maybe to help fend off any deep strikers? I'm planning to run 3 predators with my Emperor's children army.

2 for 40k, Squat Guard and just started Tau. For now I don't plan on starting new ones but expanding those two a bit more.

All of them.

Alright, so with that in mind is it worth giving up Coven units like Mandrakes, Wracks, Grotes, and Haemes? The first being a strong unit and the rest being because they look kew.

I just wish we had Webway Portals or some other means for units to have a Deep Strike option. Looking at the Index, DE lost a lot of maneuverability and synergy without the portals and losing DS on units like Raiders.

The collection of units and rules for Ynnari make a compelling argument for giving up Coven's main units, but I don't know if I would want to.

Sounds like I just need to be a fa/tg/uy and collect them all.

To the chinaman!

I didn't explicitely send him the list but he asked what he should bring and I said 'I'm bringing a shooty iron warriors list with a fair amount of tank and walkers so bring something appropriate for that'

I think he might have assumed I meant a lot of rhinos and dudes rather than a lot of battle tanks but he didn't exactly ask me to clarify or to change my list before the game started.

It was quite frustrating for me as I brought what I felt was a fair enough list and got treated like I was running magnus with 6 knights and 30 scat bikes.

Yeah. I did it myself in pic related. Just file down the nub at the neck a little.

D E A T H G U A R D W H E N
E
A
T
H

G
U
A
R
D

W
H
E
N

Haven't played in a while and want to field some new units, is the new Dark Imperium set worth getting?

About 5000pts of BAs I think, maybe i'll go for GK next.

>they weren't released 17/07/17
fuck GW

I was wondering, how compatible are the Grey Knights Terminator helmets with plastic Cataphracti and Tartaros? They look knightly as fuck and would fit the sinister Dark Angels theme perfectly.

The "warscroll builder" you see at the top of the Warhammer Community page was originally a fan made one.

There's also the list builder on the AoS phone app that costs $1.49 /mo to use.

So yeah, not sure why they're promoting a free one when there's one you need to pay to use. It feels very un-GW.

Though sending a CaD to a free listbuilder feels completely like GW.

Wondeful, thanks a lot.

That's what Warpsmith is made for, user. Take combi-flamers and laugh at charges while healing and cursing machines.

Yah, don't read into it. It sounds like you were super lenient on first turn and objectives too. I wouldn't bring anything similar if you told me you were bringing armor in 8th.

t. Guardfag

I think so. In 8th edition nothing actually stops him firing all of his weapons, so he can fire a meltagun, flamer and combi plas/melta all at once at 2+ to hit at different targets if he wishes. He's not awful in assault against random blobs either with mechatendril and power axe. He's pretty squishy but cant be targeted as a character.

The healing is also a lot more reliable and the ability to just deal a wound to an enemy tank is also really useful, considering he can do this in addition to shooting..

No FW Horus Heresy books PDFs?

It's a pretty good deal, even better if you can split it with someone and get the pieces you want. They're mono-pose models, but they still look pretty good.

I'm new to 40K so I just got the armies from the new Box-Set.

I'm thinking of collecting Orks next. Not sure I want to expand on the space marines and death guard desu...

I've been playing for ages and think its a great deal.

I've essentially bought two of them and I'm building two armies out of it for painting practice + casual games which only require a few additional models to hit 2000 points so it's like two full armies for £250 or so.

Week 5 and 6 of the campaign.

>dark angels
>cataphractii and tartaros
Choose one

Just sounds butthurt. You were fine.

I had something happen that was somewhat the other way, I've brought it up before. I was going to play a 750 game with a chill guy I ran into a few times, and I told him, "I have a weaker list today since I brought most units for fun" and he responded with "Should I bring a Custodes Land Raider? That would be a dick move though right?" I followed up with "Yeah a little bit, I don't have anything to combat that, but bring whatever you want, it's your army".

So he brings the Custodes Land Raider and 250 extra points because he thought the wargear was included in the unit price. The game was over so fast, so it didn't bother me, it was just funny. Like hey man, I'm playing extra casual today, oh okay, let me bring my shit stomper list. I personally think that he thought didn't have enough models to fill out 750, so he brought everything he had, which included the Land Raider. This is factoring in him not realizing you had to add the wargear after.

>green marines
They are all the same stop pretending they are different.

I play 30k, Indomitus and Aegis helmets look superb compared to Tartaros, Cata's would have been great if the heads had been whole.

just sprayed these fellas

>I cheat

Orks DE and Tau are all the same as Eldar since they're all related to Old Ones and each other. Oh and since Tau are an uplifted race they're the same as Necrons and can also be mixed.

>t. NPC

New Deathwatch codex when? Primaris flyer when?

I want Primaris Deathwatch (pic-related, not my model), and the Repulsor is too slow.

What's better to build with the daemons of Khorne starter Herald chariot thing or the skull cannon?

I am considering running a mechanised list with Storm Troo-I mean Scions, some deep striking and some in Chimeras/Tauroxs. Is this bad in 8th ed?

>That feel when you like Admech, but don't want to run Cawl and Robot/Onager spam

Machine-god dammit, this blows. The only other unit that consistently performs well are my Infilitrators, and their only good for clearing MEQs and GEQs. I know the key to victory with Admech lies with Cawl supporting a core of Neutron/Icarus Onagers and Phosphor Kastellans, with MSU Vanguard to tie up the enemy and capture points, while Infiltrators pick off vulnerable units.

But fuck, thats not what I signed up for when I started this army. I picked Skitarii for badass normal troops, super swingy tricks, fisticuff robbie beep boops and hyper aggressive shooting. Now the only army playstyles I like are Flamer heavy Guard, SoB and Dark Eldar.

Admech dex/FoC when?

You can't have DA 30k terminators in 40k. They're not on the list of units allowed in that chapter.

Does anybody have a link for pic related Inquisition audiodrama?

Also pretty fly tech-priest.

>>Do you have more than 10 units? If yes then I can believe you
>>If not then enjoy your turn one table.
>implying you can get get tabled in turn 1 if you got anything in reserves
told ya to read the rules. also, unless you're IG and spamming earthshaker cannons, you're not going to kill them all anyway if there's any terrain.

>
What's going on with the roof of the Taurox?

I was a little sad to hear it's just a drama. I wanted a full book read out.

nice mould lines

>Primaris flyer when?
Already available.

Pic related

It's a tie in to the series. It's gonna be a long one so the characters in this audiobook will appear in subsequent books.

Yeah, but with Horusian Wars and Carrion Throne we have a good year. That they are pretty decent novels is just a bonus.

Seconding.

That is so beyond oversized it's not even funny

>Another brick with stubby wings

>implying marinefags wont just use the broken trait of the month
How many times I've seen IF using white scars or what ever broken stuff is the new hotness.

There is zero difference between marines armies.

Just got my first few marines and wanted to paint a blood angels army, is the 90 euro paint set really necessary for that or can i get along fine with half of the paint there trying to sell you?

>even more NPC bitching
Yeah yeah because we all know ultramarines can use sanguinary guard and black templars can field deathwing knights and white scars have wulfen etc etc
Neck yourself already lad

Grab some Electropriests? They work pretty well for smashy melee with a few handy tricks, but I feel much the same. Our old dex was already pretty perfect for 8e, some units just needed a tuneup, but instead they gutted the lot then buffed Electros and Kastelans.

Oh nice.

>being this new

meh i'll file it away or paint it as a scarf

ran out of glue and couldn't finish it, so decided i'll spray and paint this batch while waiting for more glue to arrive

>cancer
Both the post and the resin

Current number is two and a few test models of space Marines (like 24 tactical marines from paint testing, only 12 actually painted). I had Tau and Tyranids but sold them off. Thinking of selling my Eldar too.

On top of the Orks, Tau, Tyranids, and Eldar I've painted, I've painted an entire Dark Eldar army, along with entire Necrons, Space Marines, Warriors of Chaos from WHFB, Daemons, and several CSM.

I intend to downsize my own collection, less Eldar but still owning Orks, Eldar, and small squads of marines.

Like a primaris marine?

How shit is my 2k list?
Battalion detachment
HQ
Swarmlord
Tervigon with talons
Flyrant with rending claw
Troops
3 squads of 20 termaguant
10 fleshborers and 10 devoured
30 hormagaunts
3 warriors with boneswords and a venom cannon each
Elites
3 lictors
Fast
10 gargoyles

Spearhead detachment
HQ
One old eye
Heavy
3 carnifex with crushing claws a deathspitters
Totals to 1993
Thoughts

>pretending

>TFW this looks like Mass Effect
>TFW Femshep is literally on the cover

You are going to tell me you haven't seen X painted marines with Y rules?

Oh I have, I just haven't seen anyone do it with the special snowflake chapters. Only the vanilla ones.

Hence why you are new and why marines armies tend to meld into one blob after decades of playing.

I've been around since 4th baby boy. Try playing at a less shitty meta sometime.

It doesn't.

She's not.

I think you mean devourers each for those Warriors? Cause it's 1 bio-cannon per 3 Warriors now. Maybe just make the Carnifexes Crushing Claw/Scything Talon w. adrenal glands instead and just roll em forward. Take out a Lictor or 2 and Throw in more Gargoyles, they work as a great screen for the Flyrant now that it's a character that can't be targeted without snipers and can shoot,charge, and fall back and shoot again for harassment.

>since 4th
>not playing across the world
>knowing only a single local meta
>being this new
Come back when you are older BOI

What are the new deathguard releases going to be besides mortarion and nurgle terminators? And what should I get for a new deathguard army besides the boxed sets?

>What is the Manta

Femshep has way cuter hair and armor

At leas the manta has excuse for it

>implying i haven't played across the world and crusaded with my forces to various foreign lands
Weak shit faggot. Maybe try attracting less shitty players, lose weight is a good suggestion.

How are Stormhawks? Thinking of picking up a pair

>codex: space marine armies count as other codex: space marine armies
>this means codex: dark angels are the same as codex: space marines

That's some tard logic

I left my dice outside during the eclipse. Maybe some eldritch shit might make them stop rolling like trash

>triggered marine player
Thats ok you can play your Ultramarines with Raven guard rules if you want. I won't tell anyone.

Plague Marines, Poxwalkers, Tank, Typhus and the Number Fudger.

>implying I play smurfs or even vanilla marines
NPCfags gonna NPCfag

1. 0. Somewhere between 8 and 10k pts of Necrons. I'm extremely unhappy with my army, I'm too lazy to paint it and it irks me everytime I play with them. Most of it is bought on Ebay though so hopefully I can get good returns on it when (if) I sell it. I do love Necrons though and the edition seems fun, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to get rid of them. Maybe I'll find a young crack addict and pay for his addiction in return for painting services.

>he gets more senile the more he plays

You should be spotting more subtle nuances after decades of playing instead of literally losing your recognition. Maybe try not being a blind retarded faggot.