Weed in Games

Does anyone role play weed in any of there games? Does anyone actually smoke weed during games? What is Veeky Forums's stance on drugs during sessions?

Fully against it, it basically ruins games because the people who smoke are already not great players, and getting even a little high just makes them worse.

I snort cocaine when I play as a corporate cyberpunk cunt just to get into the mood

Are there any games Veeky Forums recommends when you are high?

420 blaze it

Sex and drugs are as much a part of human nature as fighting and conquering.

It's more about where we're playing than any player actually having a problem with it. Usually it's something to do if we're taking a break at most, as most people don't really want someone smoking in their house

Here's a better picture

>Does anyone role play weed in any of there games?
Yeah, but it's not called weed. It's also not even remotely interesting

> Does anyone actually smoke weed during games? What is Veeky Forums's stance on drugs during sessions?
As a general rule, I'd be against it if you want to take anything even remotely seriously. If not, the whole group had better be getting high, otherwise nobody should.

I smoke weed occasionaly, on average twice a month, but i still wouldn't allow it DURING A GAME. It makes you too stupid to play properly, period. A kind of stupid that is pleasant for chilling out and watching silly videos, but it's not working for RPGs, especially that I tend to want and have more seriously inclined games.

I allow alcohol in moderation, and about other drugs... I'd like to play on amphetamine some day but I have no reliable source as of now. I see no other drug that could be useful for gaming. I mean, MDMA and it's ilk make you open and creative, but also at the same time a cringy faggot overdosed on empathy, fake self-realization and stupid ideas (that seem true and wise when ou're high, but not so mmuch when you sober up). All other drugs I can think of would be detrimential to the game.

About half of us ALWAYS smoke weed when we board game. If I'm GM'ing I don't smoke. The only players who can't role play well when a little stoned are the ones who don't normally smoke or just can't hold their drugs and thus shouldn't do drugs at all anyhow.

Some of them role play better after a few hits. Gm'ing requires too much multitasking and memory to do well when high.

The real game killer is alcohol.

I think it depends on the players. The majority of us are getting high during the session, but we don't get fucking wasted either. To each their own, but whatever, we get high.
>54991423
>meth
You'd be all over the fucking place
>mdma...cringy faggot overdosed on empathy, fake self-realization and stupid ideas
Also this
I've done super good shit, and recently too, but I couldn't function on that shit competently enough to game at all.

I wasn't talking about methamphetamine, just regular amphetmine, like aderall.

No. I have no problems with people getting high on their own time, but nothing kills any attempt at establishing tone like incessant giggling.

former stoner, clean for a few years now. My character smokes dope, don't pay too much attention to it, to him it's just another form of tobacco. Serves as a roleplaying segue whenever I meet another character in game who smokes, we sample each other's goods and examine each others' pipes. It's not illegal in our game world.

>Does anyone actually smoke weed during games?
Maybe if I were playing a character with low intelligence and wisdom, weed doesn't make me dumber but it does make it harder for me to focus on a single thing and hinder my short term memory. It completely ruins my ability to GM.

>What is Veeky Forums's stance on drugs during sessions?
Depends on the drug. I once consumed an eighth of mediocre-average mushrooms after being awake for 27 hours and played Dark Heresy for six hours after they started ramping up. That was pretty fucking awesome and I when I told everyone about it after the session ended all of them said they didn't know I was high and I roleplayed well.

>I'd like to play on amphetamine
You mean meth? How about no.

>MDMA and it's ilk make you open and creative, but also at the same time a cringy faggot overdosed on empathy, fake self-realization and stupid ideas
Very accurate.

Ignore what I said about meth, I didn't refresh the page before posting.

Any world that has corn in it has no reason to not also have marijuana in it and, where there is marijuana, there will be people who smoke it or otherwise imbibe it for pleasure. Nomenclature may change, but most things stay the same.

As for "while playing", yeah, most of the time I smoke a bowl and kill a beer or two.

How is corn related to marijuana?

haha DUDE

Not him, but they can both be grown in very similar environments I suppose. Growing pot in cornfields has been a big thing lately.

Growing marijuana is closer to tomatoes though.

t. man who has grown pot

> I can generalize because i'm retarded
everyone takes it differently, I GM after smoking a bowl of sativa, and it helps me concentrate, and I noticed a marked increase in quality in my improvisation skills.

They're both American crops. As in, originated in the American continents, not "U.S.A, U.S.A!"

While I may not agree with your opinion, I'll defend your right to hold it to the death.

Straight-edge faggot.

I don't like smoking and playing myself, I tend to have forgettfulness so as a DM that's bad.

Me: "Ok so you travel across the uh.. field from that forest temple thing from last session and um.. you get to the town called...uh..um..uh..Townia. The guard at the gate asks for your weapons.."

Crossfaded Fighter player: "I attack him! I ain't givin up my magic sword."

Me: "Oh ok he's got backup of ..um.. 8 other guys with him, you sure you wanna do that when you have to meet that guy at the tavern?"

Players: """What guy?"""

Me: "That guy I can't remember his name but you know from like last week?"

>BUT HURR DURR ALL AMPHETAMINES R METH U GUYZ

Wizard Pipehogger: "Dude listen, what if magic is actually a living creature that is like a parasite inside you and it does all the casting for you and people who don't have magic have dead parasites inside them which is why they can become the zombies we are fighting?

>reee stop generalizing!!! >:^(

Not the guy you replied to, but I'll stop generalizing when 9 out of 10 stoners I meet aren't obnoxious, annoying manchildren who are still mentally in high school and think Rick & Morty is the smartest show on television. Good for you for (supposedly) being that 10% that can handle themselves, but all the other fuckwits are ruining it for you.

You should stop seeking out obnoxious manchildren. Confirmation bias is one hell of a drug; I could make the same claims about the teetotalers I've met.

>you should stop seeking out obnoxious manchildren.
Nice ad hominem. You sure convinced me there, buddy.
>Confirmation bias is one hell of a drug;
Sorry nearly every stoner alive is a fucking faggot and further confirms my opinion.
>I could make the claims about teetotalers
And you'd be right, not that teetotalers are any part of this topic, but it seems whataboutisms are all you're capable of. There's a reason generalizations exist.

You were fun while you lasted, but you overplayed your hand.

Yep. Truth is closer to the opposite. 1 out of 10 stoners is obnoxious. A better ratio than partisans and zealots for sure.

ITT christians, mormons, and underage

>9 out of 10 stoners I meet aren't etc...

See the thing with that is it's not a fair number. You probably know lots of stoners in your day to day life and you don't even know they're stoners.

It's no different than gays or anybody else into anything even mildly controversial. If you don't know them at all outside of the context you've met them in (work, store employee, etc) and you know they're a stoner/gay/into whatever else, they're probably an obnoxious faggot about it.

Every guy who smoked before or during a game I've played with was awful, and I think it's in part because they really had no gauge for how they were acting. They didn't even realize they were a problem until we asked them to not smoke if we were going to play.

DUDE
U
D
E

>role play weed
confusing
>smoke weed during game
nobody does

>stance on drugs
Negative. I'm a lightweight and anyone being buzzed, stoned or shitfaced drastically slows down the game. Didn't try psychodelics or amphetamites though.

>stance on drugs within the game world
extremely positive, there should be cool shit within the game

We just drop some LSD and then play Changeling the Dreaming.

My groups have always smoked during the game, and if not during then before. Both groups made up of a bunch of friends and roommates. Never got in the way of the game, the roommate game is mostly for sexual tension/release so the two go hand in hand.

But does it get in the way of the game?

forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean the 'game is mostly for sexual tension/release'

wanna elaborate?

pretty much everyone I've played with IRL who smoked pot during/before a game was trash. I try and keep that shit away, though if you wanna chill after the game I'm fine with that, just keep it away from the table.

Depends on game. For boardgames and D&D I think it's fine for people to be on weed, but for serious roleplaying I think weed impairs you more than alcohol. Then again serious roleplaying can involve playing a guy who smokes weed in which case actually smoking it can add to character.

>Does anyone role play weed in any of there games?
Well, yes, depending on the character, getting drunk/high is a part of RP

>Does anyone actually smoke weed during games?
I prefer them not to, but sometimes people drink as well

>What is Veeky Forums's stance on drugs during sessions?
So long as it doesn't negatively impact your performance or make the game less fun for others

On a side note, fantasy settings should actually have a really diverse set of drugs considering the different cultures and species that would all be trying to fight off boredom simultaneously

Amphetamines like Adderall actually make you more sober than you normally are. There's a reason they're used in serious sports (when allowed) and studying. It's possible to overdose on them resulting in psychotic and jittery behavior, but no sane person does that and those who do are kind of people you don't want to even know cause they tend to be dangerous and steal your stuff.

Roommates are two women and when I stared dming the game it was serious if a little light hearted. Eventually the players started flirting with each other's characters/NPCs which went on for a few sessions. I noticed the players making eyes at each other as well as me, that went on until they stared sleeping with NPCs and eventually each other's characters.

There was some serious tension in game, everyone knew what everyone else was thinking and one night my wife started petting one of the roommates under the table in secret, told me about it later.

Now it's turned into a full on ERPG and there are clear cut "winners" each session. It's pretty tits, hasn't affected the story at all, feels more like side quest and what not.

my group does whiskey and cigars. Weak members are culled by the smoke.

Smoking inside is kind of retarded (destroys the house) even though is fun. Then again if you actually have a guy who allows (and it's not your house) that then go for it.

You don't need to generalize specific anecdotes. If the games he runs includes sober stoners, and they are worse players when high, there is nothing wrong with not letting them do so if they want to participate. Similarly, people obsessed with their phones not being allowed to use them often improves play and roleplay.

I generally don't think its cool cause a lot of kids play these games and my LGS has enough problems without kids showing up stoned.

But outside of the LGS and in the company of adults, I guess I wouldn't mind smoking a joint or sharing a beer or two.

I just generally find that most people don't practice moderation, so they drink or smoke too much, they aren't really social drinkers.

Oh man, I could totally go for that. Some ice, Glass of Burboun, Cochiba, a footrest..

hell yeah.

I just don't like drinking with guys who drink until they are shitfaced. If we are all laughing and having a good time, I don't mind so much. If your puking in the toilet bowl, thats way too much.

some people need weed to relax or be happy, if that's what it takes then whatever floats your boat man

That's not normal. What's wrong with your group if having alcohol leads to people getting too drunk on purpose and others/you allowing it to happen?

Who would drink like that when playing RPGs. You can't really play anything else than videogames and simple board/card games in that condition. Even those might be kinda hard at the point when puking is involved since that usually happens when people are starting to pass out.

My characters have taken awareness spectrum narcotics before, but that's for a particular reason. Like the Spice from DUNE.

This board has fallen so fucking far.

I feel it's pretty lame and cringy to smoke pot in character. It's sort of like a big why? I've never seen it done well. Mostly I see it as just being an attention whore/wanna-be-edge-lord. I can't really think of any reason smoking pot in character would deepen roleplay.

As for playing. Shit man IDK. I don't smoke anymore and generally don't care if others do. But if you get too high to play then either don't smoke or don't play. I had a 4 man group where everything went smoothly until we added a 5th. Dude brought weed every session and was constantly too high to remember what any of abilities were as a level 3 monk 5e. It slowed our games to a crawl. I was also the only person with a hard copy book that i got for my birthday and he ruined the monk section by getting taco grease all up in it since he was too high to remember what his character did. Everyone else but the DM and I smoked and they were all on top of their shit because they were daily stoners so they were fine.

Like I said earlier: If you get too high to play then either don't smoke or don't play. It wastes everyone else time and is extremely inconsiderate.

In-game, there is the ongoing joke that druids are high 24/7. Some adhere to said joke, other don't. Apart from that, it hasn't come up so far. Drinking and smoking are much more often used, but even that only comes up rarely.

Out of game, all drugs that affect your mental capacity, including weed, alcohol and other such things, which aren't needed for medical reasons are forbidden and if someone wants to smoke normal cigarettes, they ask for a break and do so outside.

I don't really understand why you prohibit alcohol totally. Few beers (about 2-3 per session) actually make for better roleplaying in my experience as they help people to relax and make them more social.

Drinking should be mandatory. Every hour you down a beer.

Every hour gets you too drunk. Beer per every two hours and soft drinks or water in-between works much better.

I would have called you a pussy.
But you got dubtriptrips.
So I bow down to your wisdom.

I once played a character in a Call of Cthulhu one-shot who was supposed to be a cringy teenage stoner. He died from his own stupidity and it was a blast.

For alcohol, a casual drink at the table is actively encouraged - social lubricant can do wonders for reluctant roleplayers - and drunk to the extent that begins to negatively affect play is actively DISCOURAGED.
Same goes for weed.

>one beer an hour gets you drunk
>dubs trip trips speak, user is drinking 15 point beers darker than 3 day old coffee from German steins.

The campaign, furthermore, has a pseudo-medieval fantasy drug trade, mostly just recreational intoxicants, but a few special things, usually reserved for magic/religious ceremony.
The campaign borrows no small number of magicdrug-related elements from things like Dune, The Ivory Child, Limitless, and even Crank

oh shit

>I have no rebuttal so you're just baiting

Pathetic. And here I thought the "weed makes you dumber" statement was a myth.

>I'm not an obnoxious faggot so that means no one else is!!
>everyone who dislikes weed culture is an uptight buzzkill!!

Wew.

paranoia and some alcohol is actually quite fun

People who smoke pot don't realize how shit they are at the table because they're high at the table all the time.

>I noticed a marked increase in quality in my improvisation skills
That's just the drugs making you think you improved.

My GM smokes before sessions sometimes. Doesn't really affect his performance, but then again he uses it for anxiety and depression.

DUDE

WEED
E
E
D

I play 2 games of 5e a week, one is on roll 20 and I smoke for the entire session. The other is in person and I smoke on the way there. Nobody seems to mind or notice. I function well and find it helps me to be sociable in person.

>Paranoia
Weed, Alcohol, PCP
>Cthulhu
Weed
>PP&P
Alcohol, MDMA
>Shadowrun
MDMA, Cocaine
>D&D
Jenkem, Crocodile or just kill yourself