Ss13: d20 station

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client. There's games other than SS13, but enter those at your own risk.
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/
You'll also want a BYOND account,which gives you a ckey so you can save preferences and be recognized by the game. It's highly recommended to make an account if you're experiencing connection issues or don't want to be a fat tourist/starving space bum.

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>How do I play
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter) and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC. There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game or being a dick. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>D20 wiki where?
robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/

>When does everyone play?
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: ss13.se/servers/3031/

>Who are these tripfaggots?
Usually admins/coders in the server.

Other urls found in this thread:

d20station.net/Wiki/index.php/Main_Page
ss13.se/server/7b3583eb73efac80980c117001aa04525a59931e8ccb47952126c6ff1dc9eae2
hub.wetskrell.net/servers/324/
d20station.net/changelog.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>linking the wrong wiki
one job goo d20station.net/Wiki/index.php/Main_Page

>byond://d20station.net:28014
Also the wrong address.

I mean, you had the IP readily available, why didn't you just take a once over the pasta to make sure it was acceptable jesus my guy. byond://73.8.55.80:27014

Population stats link is wrong too
ss13.se/server/7b3583eb73efac80980c117001aa04525a59931e8ccb47952126c6ff1dc9eae2

I prefer this one:
hub.wetskrell.net/servers/324/

I wonder if Tyrone ever sees this shit and, if so, why he chooses to stay away.

Have you seen the state of the server the past few months? It's been nothing but everyone acting like a grey tider. There hasn't been a round where somebody actually does something fun in a while.

but user the server hasn't been back that long

I coulda swore it's been around for at least two months now I guess my sense of time really is completely fucked.

the grey tide is a constant state of affairs

>my little lounge in the corner there
Anybody got my atmos room fuck up where I ended up lighting the whole dwarf roid on fire?

The one where you forgot to cool the oxygen?

I don't remember the specifics, but all I know is that the asteroid got lit on fire because I fucked something up when I was trying to make recyclable air for the station.

where the fuck are my security katanas at

>katanas in security
That doesn't sound safe at all.

>NT
>ever worried about safety
Sillycon please go.

how else will security defend us from the carp, aliums,silicons, and syndicakes?
we need them, unless you want to become a samurai yourself..

NT10SP and laserpistols

>filthy gaijin weaponry
yeah good luck with that, friend.
the only thing that can pierce a carp's scales, a goliath's hide, nay, a silicon's shell, is a japanese katana, folded a billion times over.

Well technically I could bring the point that the majority of the time, Sec doesn't have immediate access to such weapons. Though it is kind of a moot argument all things considered since it's piss easy to break into the armory.

>melee a silicon to death
>get caught in the explosion
>die to burn damage while stunned
lmao'ing @ u nerd

>not dying honorably in battle
I have yet to find an image capable of conveying my disgust.

>getting caught in a silicon death explosion

Security will be busy with clown. The greys will kill the rest with crude spears and toolboxen.

delete vision cone please 0 reason to have it
bring back alt look

this, vision cone sucks. It'd be almost acceptable if we still had the alt+look.

>6 WHOLE PLAYERS
HOLY SHIT WE /HIGHPOP/ AF
JOIN NOW SO KAT CAN BABYSIT YOU

Sounds like a grand old time to me send help

>father relaxe is STILL ruining the server with his shenanaigans

wtf......

What ever happened to the actual Veeky Forums station?

Is paradise still shit, or have they finally got rid of the stupid fox people?

is it not still there? they added so much bullshit that it wouldn't run for me anymore

Veeky Forums station is technically around, but it's run by Redditers and tumblr people, it's become so far detached from Veeky Forums at this point the regulars hardly know what Veeky Forums is.

Does the server run a Veeky Forumsstation fork?

old Veeky Forumsstation fork code called NTstation, it's heavily modified.

>mfw was sleeping at the time so couldn't get on to get babysitted by kat

Why even live

It's okay Lily. We besties for life.

They call it TG-station now

Yeah. It's really sad. He ruins everything.

He really is a dumb nigger. He DDOSes the server whenever he dies too, like a bitch.

You shouldn't, Lily.

Nernums is a quack, and you server is a quack by association.

No bully Lily.

Where can i read about the games lore?

Any tips for decent SS13 youtubers to watch while not being able to play?

Whatever happened to Emiko and Mezzo?

Emiko ran off to code for someone else and Mezzo got into a fight with nernums and Freeman about codeshit.

Sorry bud, d20 isn't a heavy RP or lore focused server. Your best option for "lore" is Baystation, which is trash.

Didn't nernums ban him for some reason?

Because of the fight they got into, Mezzo got banned from the discord (not the server funnily enough).

Really? Give the juicy details user.

I mean, nobody knows what actually happened. But they had a disagreement about some code. Nernums got sick of his shit and banned and blocked him, there's nothing really juicy, there's no gossip or drama. The most drama we had is when Irvan got chased off the server a while back.

Drama is fractal, no matter how tiny you make a community someone will end up starting shit.

I really wish he'd come back. Irvan basically left because he was spamming the disco lights which were lagging up the server and people called him a retard for doing it.

Well not only that, I talked to him after and he said he was more upset by how people handled it in an OOC manner. Something how OOC is more important to the server than IC.

There has been heavy clique formation since the discord went up.

I mean, it certainly looks that way, when we get exactly zero new blood. kinda hard to exclude newcomers when we get no newcomers.

not like there's any old people anyway, just emptiness and silence in game.

>handled it in an OOC manner
i don't have anything against him, but that's some bullshit.
the server was practically unplayable from the lag (thanks goo) and i took matters into my own hands because i knew that goo wasn't about to adminbus the tiles away or something retarded like that.
i started removing the tiles with a crowbar, he ran in and told me to "get the fuck out" after asking "what the fuck are you doing", i didn't respond because the game was turn based (especially for me, because my latency when i am playing two games at once over a vpn is not good), and he beanbag'd me with the double-barrel.
i immediately said that "they were cancer" because i knew damn well he was going to act autistic about it (i mean that in the least insulting way i can, i don't expect much more from anyone) and then i tazed him and someone who was helping him and cuffed them both.
he cried about me "baby-tazing" him or something while i removed the rest of the tiles, and my memory is foggy past that but i think someone else shot me and irvan and the other guy ran away.
that wasn't really any major problem but after that the server froze for several minutes (thanks goo) and everyone was talking in the discord about it, so i made a comment on it, and, granted, i probably shouldn't have been so confrontational, but i wasn't intending to actually start any form of argument, and i certainly wasn't intending to try to get a lynch mob on him, but he ended up leaving after saying something about nobody on the server caring about roleplay.
it should be noted very strongly that this caused a 12 person server to empty, which is why a lot of people were pretty pissed at irvan for refusing to break character (which is an overstatement, he just had to remove the tiles, he could have come up with any of a billion reasons to do that) even to prevent newfriends from leaving.
i don't feel sorry at all for removing them, i don't believe they would have gotten removed any other way.

I wish he could articulate his concerns and complaints so we could maybe do something to stop the trend he dislikes.
It's not like newcomers are actively excluded. The issue is more that most of us have an "ideal way to play" in our minds and new people who show up are basically outed as "cheaters" when they don't instinctively play by our rules.
Everyone just sits in the discord and monitors the graph as far as I can tell.
I thought colored lighting would be fun and worth the extra processing cost.

I'm just telling you what he told me. He took offense to Slare coming and calling him a faggot or whatever. He's disappointed everyone acted in an OOC manner during the game to deal with the lights. In his own words he said "It'd have been cool if space god came down and told me 'Hey bro, these lights are so last year, wood's where it's at my dude'." Don't shoot the messanger and all.

Does this server have ZAS or something similar to it, like Veeky Forumsstation?

I don't exactly get what you mean by "cheater" but I will admit that I trust a new player about as far as I can throw them until they prove they're not a shitter, or at least at an acceptable level of shittery.

It's running nernums(tm) atmos

We don't have area based atmos like Veeky Forums atmos updates gradually based on tiles not areas. This has the benefit of not doing what bay and such does and just deleting all the atmos in the room if there's a breach, it does cause some lag issues if there's a fuck ton of tiles being updated though.

It went down the shitter. The Veeky Forums server is Veeky Forums now.

He was discussing some limb-based health system and I was probing on how it would work with non-organ damage like poison and overall translating damage to death.

Either I didn't make myself clear enough or he misunderstood, and thought I wasn't understanding how limbs can fall off or something, so he called me an autist and said "never mind."

I was tired of him basically shouting/insulting down discussions and then just arbitrarily checking out of the discussion after namecalling, so I called him an autist back and called him out on it.

He responded by banning me from the Discord, deleting all my messages, and saying he was "tired of my whining."

Somebody said he mentioned other stuff too, but obviously I wasn't around for that.

So if there's a massive pressure difference between room one and room two, and I open a door, I won't be flung into a wall or something?

Oh you totally will. It's happened before.

No, it runs LINDA.
Yeah but captains looting the armory is generally frowned upon despite not breaking any of the stated rules. People will often bend over backwards to find IC reasons to pick up arms against captains who:
- don't break space law;
- don't break any server rules;
- loot the armory;
- and power game the tator by process of elimination.
Someone has a webm of me getting flung out of engineering because the AI set the pressure to 1000kpa. I later die in the AI room trying to upload capitalism laws.

To be fair, power gamers are shit and power gaming captains are even worse. They have full authority, immediate access to great armor and stuns, including a lethal weapon. Have easy access to getting even more stuns and the ability to acquire and control the access of lethals to the whole station. The captain hatred stems from the massive tide of shitter heads that happened back in the day.

basically the difference isn't between that room and this room, the difference is between the door and you.

this means that our atmospherics is not limited by predefined constraints.
also the lag issues mentioned by have been nearly entirely nullified by work i've done casually in the past 6 months

part of what this means, is that we can, by all technicalities, have small tornadoes form should conditions be just right.

it's actually fairly easy to make a tornado room on purpose using parts though if you're interested in that

heavily modified linda, which is nothing more than a modified fea.

Yes but the fact remains that new players get 0 warning about this. Even if they log on with the best intentions and read the rules etc. they can still end up in a position where all the veteran players gang up on them.

if I remember correctly, new accounts can't pick heads anyways.

Well, the rules straight up say, keep the power gaming to a minimum. So that pretty much implies that raiding the armory is in poor form. That and the fact the veterans will generally call you a faggot for having the armory in your bag. Another thing is, I've yet to see the captain blatantly loot the armroy and walk around with shotguns and nuggets on their back are also the kind of comdom faggots who scream "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY REE YOU TRAITOR"

Why even run a permanently empty station instead of raiding some other nearly empty server? Is there a benefit to creating new and emptier servers to post about?

A dream.

essentially mezzo was continuing to ask nernums about how a minor function of a proposed medical rework would be handled and really there wasn't much for discussion
nernums was tired of explaining simple shit and there's a lot of retarded code shenanigans to blame mezzo for already which acted as a catalyst to this incident

in short nernums banned mezzo from discord and probably SVN access because he was being an autist while I quietly witnessed from the sidelines
server's already kind of been a clique since a while ago it was only strengthend with discord which we retreated to since we didn't really have a public forum or anything to discuss random space bullshit
also >no players
the game was slideshow status because adien made disco floors give off colored light and change luminosity, which on top of the already accelerated master controller destroyed the server and in hindsight and foresight was a poor developmental choice.
now there's some autistic limit on how many you can place in the world instead of just fixing them by not making them change luminosity
p sure pilcrow adminbus removed them because we were trying to have some roleplay law trial shenanigans again
modified robustmos(TM) by nernums(R)
air moves pretty fast now and can throw most things around at high pressure but its not retard dangerous to be around low pressure like in most other servers
im actually 90% sure we removed damage from low pressure
if I remember now you were continually asking how a limb taking damage in a hypothetical medical system would translate to the limb falling off
other servers don't let you place items precisely on tables

Veeky Forums ss13 isn't entirely completely dead??

You'd be right on the low pressure damage being removed. You only take cold and oxy damage where applicable.

If I remember right Aiden just removed colored lights entirely in the end, along with wounds.

d20station.net/changelog.html

Maybe my word choice was poor or something, then, because I was mainly asking how limb damage would lead to total damage (i.e., can you kill somebody by hitting them in the butt enough, or is chest/head the only thing that can lead to death).

I was trying to clarify if limb damage was damage that only effectively built up towards limb removal and didn't really affect death at all (besides blood loss after the limb fell off), or if they contributed to distance from death in addition to limb removal.

we responded with "if you cut someone's arm off and stop shock/bleeding do they die" which you didn't seem to take as "no they won't die from being smacked in the arm over and over"

Don't die yet thread.

>4 PLAYERS ON THE SERVER
as the pop approaches high my dick's density approaches infinity

4 Players? I count one engineer, one botanist and one dead assistant.

Not necessarily playing, there's 5 showing up on Who

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? You feel it too don't you? The server I've lost, the comrades I've lost... You feel it too don't you?

I mean, I've been gone for two years, but I'm gonna try and play more often now. Nice to see mostly the same group around.

Woah hey same exact thing here pretty much.

I stopped playing a month or so after that whole thing with whiteagle, when did he finally quit bothering us?

Wodebogel hasn't been around for a long, long time. Same with Amanda Young, the only real shitter we have around from the past is Slare and Father Relaxe

Holy shit those are some familiar names. Wide Beagle finally took off huh? And Amanda. What a time to be a spess man.

Yep. It's a great time if you don't mind people like Irvan, Viktor, Lee, Gideon, Freeman, Pilcrow, Emiko hardly being on anymore, hell some aren't even around anymore at all. Father Relaxe isn't actually around anymore either, it's just a meme to act like he is in disguise.

HIGH POP

page 11

Freeman have you seen conveyors with the MC on crack?

>Relaxe
It's not a meme. He's always around fucking up people's projects and bitching about Science team.