ITT: Wthe campaign you want to run but will never be able to

>Modern fantasy
>All the players are ghosts summoned by a magic user on the run
>Instead of making characters at the start they pick a role and slowly discover their own character stats
>Over the course of the campaign they slowly notice details about the world that stand out to them
>Those details help them discover their own backstories and figure out how they died/how to move on

a good one

>urban fantasy magical girls
>pcs are recruited into a school for mahou shoujos
>do tests, learn how magic works, make friends, ect...
>eventually they get their own group and start to go on missions, learn more about the city, get in fights, make more friends
>eventually get into a final fight that decides the fate of the city
I will never run this though because magical girl games are cringe fests to play

A cyberpunk game where the pcs are corp spies/mercs and go on arc-based heist runs. Unfortunately I will never run this because I have no time and all people want to play is Shadowrun.

A campaign inspired by Orwell's Animal farm but I don't think having players RP animals is a good idea

this puppy. I just don't know anyone who plays games like these.

I know several people who would play the shit out of that. One buddy in particular has a frankly unhealthy obsession with Stargate.

>normally happy world descended into civil war, murder, and strife
>also zombies

>One buddy in particular has a frankly unhealthy obsession with Stargate

god damn it. I wish I was you.

a D20 system civil war spy game where you either are on the streets of Richmond or Washington gathering intel and sabotaging the war effort.

Doing it with an allied party would be fine but I'd also be interested in a two person PvP type campaign, one Union spy and one Confederate spy

I just want to finish my pirate game.

You can do that in SR though

Yeah but Shadowrun isn't cyberpunk and its rules suck dick.

>Yeah but Shadowrun isn't cyberpunk

it isnt. you cant just have elves and dwarves and magic and still call yourself cyberpunk.

Before we all devolve into shit-flinging, how do you define Cyberpunk

>SWAT team one-off ideally in Ops and Tactics, but only because I have a personal investment in the project
>My hard-ish sci-fi Mars/Earth conflict campaign
>Our old Final Fantasy VIII campaign the only time I've ever had fun with Pathfinder
>Our old Stars Without Number campaign
>ANYTHING THAT ISN'T SET IN ANOTHER FUCKING WRPG SETTING AND USE A SYSTEM OTHER THAN PATHFINDER FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Neuromancer and Snow Crash

The campaign I run when I'm happy

>My hard-ish sci-fi Mars/Earth conflict campaign
The Expanse?

And what is it about them specifically that make them Cyberpunk?

A heisei-era Kamen Rider show, but a P&P game. The problem is that Kamen Riders are inherently...not team based. There's always one main protagonist, and while there are often other riders, sometimes there is only a single secondary rider, and even in shows with 3+, one is still without a doubt the main character.

It's not like Sentai where there is an equal team. And most of the supporting cast that isn't riders can't really do much. Not sure how i'd divy out the party. Plus there are the problems like how I would pace and run combat, especially given the propensity for enemies to escape, or straight up beat the main characters quite often without it ending things fully.

Then there is the logistical problems of a cohesive design aesthetic for the enemies, for the riders. And the problem that half the fun is the visuals, something that is hard to do well with just descriptions.

Just sort of a nightmare to accurately do Kamen Rider in P&P. Most attempts i've ever seen are "OH just have a guy in ____ game who wears a suit of armor and yells about Justice!" as if most people only have passing knowledge of KR at best.

Oh well.

Run or play?

Run: The Dark Heresy plot I sorta botched via bad DM execution. It had potential.

Play: a game set in the Shining universe using D&D 4e rules.

star wars

>Everybody stars off as a generic stormtrooper
> watch as their buddies die off one by one
>become the best of the best in the squad
>Get noticed by command
> sent to commando training
> Endure special forces training
> Stat time!
> Become special forces fighting the rebel alliance
> Each time a character dies they have a back up from the company or platoon they were a part of before
> Characters grow more distant as the squad members killed off
> Squad eventually defects or becomes cold to newbies

>Dark and Brutal WAR STORY

I've never watched The Expanse, but looking at it the two are pretty similar. I'd say the big difference is that humanity hasn't settled beyond Mars due to sheer distance between points of interest; the asteroid belt has a few miners, but anything beyond is the realm of research probes and wackos that want to escape human civilization for whatever reason. So technically, any similarities are either coincidence or based on cliches and reasoning common to hard science fiction. I'd post my notes, but they'd take up too much space here.

their themes, storyline, and aesthetic

hahahaha I have ran/played this campaign in EotE. Highly recommended. Every session at least one player had to die, at which point GMing would be passed on to them. The players always chanted "STORM STORM STORM STORM" before storming a building. They even went commando, too; one time when I was GM I gave them a choice of Storm Commandos, Space Troopers or [ISB troopers, forget name]. They went Storm Commando IIRC

I want to run a mature campaign with adult themes acknowledging the fact that many fictional settings tend to sugar coat their presentations of the world, not because I want to be particularly edgy or outright ERP or anything, but because my group are all really fundamentalist Christians. I mean I'm christian myself, I just want to push the boundaries of our carefully sanitized and censored games a bit, but I'm terrified of the reaction i'd get if I tried so we stay nice and pg.

Way to answer a question without answering a question.
Elaborate.

i ran it by my players. they said it sounded unlikely to work

And what are their themes, storylines and aesthetic? Or at least what parts of them make them Cyberpunk as opposed to other things set in the future?
What makes your examples Cyberpunk, but not Star Trek or Mad Max? Obviously neither are Cyberpunk, but why, at least following your personal definition?

why dont you try reading the books you idiots? i have no obligation to answer you.

My Holy Roman archipelago setting as something other than a one shot, as either urban espionage and politicking or smugglers travelling the outer reaches

It worked super well for me, just be warned about one thing: the whole point of the game will shift once the players become special forces. When they're just stormtroopers getting in shootouts with rebels et al, it's really funny and the players don't mind losing characters/missions and can enjoy taking boneheaded risks and acting like stormtroopers. It can get more stressful once they're entrusted with special operations and they'll become less likely to take the crazy risks they did before, which will result in less fun

I have, my questioning was try to get to the root of why, for you, adding fantasy elements instantly revokes something's status as Cyberpunk?
It is not as if the other -punk genres are bereft of fantasy elements, and sci-fi equally is no stranger to magic and weird races, they just dress them up with different names.

I have a few.

Star Wars game where the players start with a small farm, 1 pistol, and an old speeder that's seen better days. They start off having to focus on surviving and getting by. Day to day task will be difficult. Then after they get the farm going, have proper equipment, etc... Empire moves in and destroys the farm.

Star Wars game 2. Players are storm troopers after the fall of the empire. They occupy a planet on the far end of the galaxy. After hearing of the emperors death they must struggle to maintain order or the planet will fall under hurt cartels.

I also have my own space fantasy I would like to run and would like to play a fantasy game that starts off super simple then the players help me build the world as they adventure.

I just wanna play a military sci fi game in my homebrew setting. I hate everything.

>The characters all wake up in a hotel room. No memories of how they got there or who they are.
>Leave clues to the characters identities and what happened.
>At least two different groups are gunning for the party.

Basically I want to run a noir mystery/spy thriller. Someday.

Shadowrun campaign where the players discover that they're computery guys, Serial Experiments Lain guys, and have been manipulated into doing a nascent dangerous AI's dirty work the whole time

As a bonus, I'll add characters that the players meet and have never heard of but who claim to be part of their backstory. After a bit they'll get sudden "memories," and get suspicious that the memories are false ones given to them by the new old friends. In reality, the PCs were based on actual people who had recently died, but the PCs don't have every single memory, just whatever the AI could find. The "sudden memories" the PCs experience aren't the new character manipulating them, but the AI trying to cover up imperfections in the PC's disguises.

A Prince Valiant-style game where the party is a group of heroic do-gooder knights fighting for their kingdom.

>Characters are competing deities that each want to be the one true ruler of the planet
>Gods uses domains, followers and everything in their arsenal to win this game
>After one emerges victorious, the old ones find their planet
>Will the tyrannical God and his God slaves survive?

It honestly would probably make a better novel than campaign