Mages Guild: Green Mana Edition

Hear ye, hear ye. I hereby call to order this meeting of the most illustrious Mages Guild! As I am sure we all regretfully recall, the Druids may make one wish per year that we must entertain, lest I lose my extenstive... herb supply. It was sure to be a fix for the orcs dumping all of their beer into the river, but it seems that the druids have decided that the amount of rampant Mana Abominations has gotten out of control! Really Gerry, what the fuck did you think was going to happen? Now we must find alternate methods to become environmentally friendly or else I might become sober again! I expect a solution before I wake up from this... nap.

Oh right, before I forget, a position has opened for a new head of Ritualism. The last one left us for the plane of shadows, taking his attitude with him. The interim replacement we have is rather vocal about not wanting to keep the position. We're putting ritualism back on the main curriculum again, so we need a department leader fast.

Welcome to the Mages' Guild. Pick a name and join in! Conflicts are resolved with d20s when needed, or with playing it out. When the thread dies on Veeky Forums, we keep it going on archived.moe. For additional resources, please visit 1d4chan.org/wiki/Mage's_guild or collabedit.com/6fvae

>A man with the features of a chimera speaks up
I would like to inform those that do not know, that the research being performed by Olissa, Seithr, and I to stop the deterioration of ambient mana is slowly making progress as hoped.

Hmmm, what's this?

I defy any of you to conclusively prove a link between my experimentation and any abomination you'd care to name. It simply can't be done. I've covered my tracks too well.

>The chimera man scratches his chin
Are you an eldritch being?

Why are you like this?

That is good news.

Also, no I am not in any position to take the job. I've enough on my plate alre...dy.

>Diana sighs as she puts away her jacket and umbrella.
Business as usual, I take it.

Any problems lately?

None other than whatever that is.
>She points at the eldritch thing.

You just confessed to it. That's pretty conclusive.

>The ghostly figure of a woman in white crawls up from below.
Well. I suppose the druids made a rather sensible wish for once. I seen to recall the last one involved doubling their forest space without physical expansion. There were a lot of woodland casualties.

You don't suppose the eldritch being is a problem, do you?

Hey Ellen!
>Lurco has goat horns
>And a fluffy mane
>Snake fangs and scaly hands as well

For the record, I hope you all take this very seriously and do not joke about it! It is a very serious problem that needs a very serious solution.

I mean, I know nothing about mana-induced abominations. I don't use the stuff.

It's speaking in tongues and hijacked the bodies of eight...no, nine redrobes now.

>Are you an eldritch being?
I'm not sure. Are you a mess of fibers and wet-work connected and kept together by they mess of soul-stuff that burns within you?

>Squints eyes
And if we do make a joke every now and then?

Are you sure?
>Looks at it
It seems to be speaking common to me.

I... no actually.
I'm a clone, so I don't get a soul.

Well, I couldn't actually stop you...

So, I'd... I would render you unable to...

I'm not good at threatening people.

That and about two or three others through the umbra, plus a fourth at a super-low frequency.

Threaten to turn him into a tree or something?

>Ellen tilts her head slightly to the side
You are significantly changed.

My knowledge is somewhat limited, though there is grounds to argue they are tethered similarly to spirits. As such, they can be problematic.

Yes.

Make jokes about this very serious matter, and I will turn you into a tree.
>She smiles and hmphs elegantly
>Then elegantly walks over to sit in a chair and watch the discussion

Unable to make jokes?
Now that's just cruel.
Heinous even!
Pure evil!

I think you're being racist, Diana.

I ate too many chimeras.
And I don't plan on stopping at this point.

I have yet to sacrifice anyone but myself so far.

See? This is what I'm talking about.
Plants' spirits suffer just like ours when their lives are cut short. They rejoice for new life ust like we do, they suffer the pain of loss just like we do.

If only you would care to listen...

Hmm. So what does that leave us?

What? I am not!

What? I just said that I made no sacrifices.
Also plants aren't sentient.
Most of the time.

Totally racist.
I'm surprised you don't share your husband's racism of infernals.
...Right?

Don't give into thosw bullies guys! Nature can live in balance with your creations. Well soem of them anyway

Poor parenting, an abundance of both wits and moxy, and a shortage of restraint.
I have a right not to self incriminate. You won't be able to get it to stick. And besides, I lie pretty frequently.

Question, are the mana abominations sapient?

All valid reasons.

I deal with these things, ALL of these things, on a case-by-case basis. and in THIS case the eldritch being has taken several dozen redrobes and...

...and it looks like it's taking their flayed husks and creating a redrobe wyvern or something.

>Diana just rolls her eyes.
Gods above and below why do I deal with you people?

Nope, not even cunning!

I object!
I use fully organic materials in my necromancy!
My zombie corpses are 100% biodegradable!

You dropped your nametag, figured you might want to know.

>I... no actually.
>I'm a clone, so I don't get a soul.
Hilarious. I'm being chatty with a *soulless* meat-sack. That's like talking to a {@×÷||^/ $=}, and expecting it to process information on your level.

So.. I have a question.
I sell amulets that grant certain.. enhancements to women's.. looks that others might consider.. unnatural. Can I still sell my wares in rural areas?

You have sacrificed or benefitted from the sacrifices of our green friends many times in your life!
And how ca you consider yoursel a practicioner of magic if you can't even feel the pure life energy that runs through all living beings and is especially powerful in plants! They which do not require another life to sustain themselves, but sustain all life with their life.
You fool.
Perhaps, perhaps before the matter of the Mana Abominations what we need here is s series of lessons to refresh the memory of everyone here of things they should already know.
Yes, yes.
That is my motion.

yea, noticed and remedied, not in time though

any that was directed at you, Lurco, in case your befuddled senses have become too dull to understand even this.

Have we tried asking on the beings between the stars if they have an answer to our problem? Also if anyone has need for a centaur carcass I have 3 that need disposing, turns out they were not driders like I thought.

I don't think they're doing that at all.

I'm not, at the moment.
I can't use arcane magic.

Then slaying them does not conflict with my moral code.

p̸̀̕͘į̵̧̛̛p̢̛͟͡ ̨͢ʎ̡́̕o̸̢͢͟͝ņ̨̢͝ ̷̧̕͞ɾ̡̡̢͟ń͟͜͝s̷̷͜͞ʇ͢ ́͟ɐ̶̵̶̡̧s̴̛s̸̢͜͞n͘͝ɯ̨̕͟͢ǝ̴̨̕ ̴͜͠ɯ͘ʎ̵̛̕͟͠ ̧̀͟͠ļ̀͜͡ǝ͞ʌ̶̨̛̕͜ǝ̷̸́͜l̷̴̵̨̡ ̧ơ͠ɟ̸̢̛̀ ͠i̵͢͞u̶̵͘ʇ̷̵̢ǝ̷̀l̴̨̛͟ļ̸̴̶į̶̀ƃ̵̴̧͡͡ǝ͘͡ừ͢ɔ̡ǝ̶̵̶?̸́͜͟͝
̸̛Ỳ͘͝͞͞o̢͜n̢̧͟͡ ̶̕͡ş̡̀͜ɥ̶͘͞o̧͡ń̴̸̷͡l̸̀͘͢͝p̸̨͟͡ ̵̧̛͞ɔ̸͘ɥ̷̡̛̕ǝ̸͝ɔ̢͘͘̕͡ʞ̢͝ ̷̢̛ʎ̶̶o̷̡͢n͘͜͟͞ɹ̸͠ ́͞d̢̀̀͞ɹ̧̀͘i̴̵̸ʌ͟͢i͢l̷͠ǝ̵̴̷͢͝ƃ̛͟͡ǝ̴͠˙̀

I'll have you know I have payed all appropriate dues regarding the production of rubber, metals and organic plastisizers in this kingdom and intend to file a full breach of contract on the mages guild with the kings court.

sorry

>Diana just sighs, sounding almost in pain.

Then what DOES it look like it's doing? Playing checkers?

It happens.

me as well

Well It's good to be haunting the meeting hall again.

Entirely dependent on the local laws, the but empire should be free trade for you.
Oh they aren't THAT common to split hairs over, just terrible when one pops up. Also druids suck.
Explain further, I've never heard of this contract.

Well right now it's insulting my intelligence because I lack a soul.
A correlation I don't understand.

There we are.

Now, like I was saying. Scrolls require papyrus. Book bindings require rabbits glue. Sigils and Runes require ink.

Not to mention all the exotic components most mages require. Somebody has to provide that for them. How am I supposed to do that with all these environmental regulations?

Nor I, but t-...
Oh.
That was...unexpected.

Yo, Sena!
>He has a fluffy mane
>other features as well, but those aren't as important

Oh. Well as long as you're enjoying yourself, I don't suppose there is anything wrong with that.

Leave us how? Mana constructs must be bound somehow into their shape and location, yes? Otherwise, they would simply dissipate or otherwise avoid the physical laws of this plane. Those tethered have potential to disrupt metaphysical things, such as certain spells that require structure based in mana currents like rituals.

>p̸̀̕͘į̵̧̛̛p̢̛͟͡ ̨͢ʎ̡́̕o̸̢͢͟͝ņ̨̢͝ ̷̧̕͞ɾ̡̡̢͟ń͟͜͝s̷̷͜͞ʇ͢ ́͟ɐ̶̵̶̡̧s̴̛s̸̢͜͞n͘͝ɯ̨̕͟͢ǝ̴̨̕ ̴͜͠ɯ͘ʎ̵̛̕͟͠ ̧̀͟͠ļ̀͜͡ǝ͞ʌ̶̨̛̕͜ǝ̷̸́͜l̷̴̵̨̡ ̧ơ͠ɟ̸̢̛̀ ͠i̵͢͞u̶̵͘ʇ̷̵̢ǝ̷̀l̴̨̛͟ļ̸̴̶į̶̀ƃ̵̴̧͡͡ǝ͘͡ừ͢ɔ̡ǝ̶̵̶?̸́͜͟͝
≯̛Ỳ͘͝͞͞o̢͜n̢̧͟͡ ̶̕͡ş̡̀͜ɥ̶͘͞o̧͡ń̴̸̷͡l̸̀͘͢͝p̸̨͟͡ ̵̧̛͞ɔ̸͘ɥ̷̡̛̕ǝ̸͝ɔ̢͘͘̕͡ʞ̢͝ ̷̢̛ʎ̶̶o̷̡͢n͘͜͟͞ɹ̸͠ ́͞d̢̀̀͞ɹ̧̀͘i̴̵̸ʌ͟͢i͢l̷͠ǝ̵̴̷͢͝ƃ̛͟͡ǝ̴͠˙̀
N͇̜̺͔͜ͅZ̷͚̥̭̭͎L̟̙̝̰A̧͎̰̼̝̱͢Ṱ̪̝̰̫̪H̨͓̘͈̣̦̯͢͠'̧̖̩͇̖̞͚̗̫͡ ̴̫̳̠͖̞̼͢N̷̗̫̹Ư̡͖̩̮̭̰̜̞͟K̶̨̤̠̤͜ ̸̻̼̩̪̰̕A͇̠̕̕͘R͖͇̜̻̼̦͉̜G̯̳̟R̮͉̗̜̀À̻̕̕M̶͉̙̼͎̫̝̞͍̼͞U͉͖͘͠L̷̨̘͎̱̤̗͍T̶͉̪̭̟̬̘H̻͍̰͕̩ ̮̥͈̱̪͇̻̮͞͝S̢̯̬̖͢ͅ'̹̱̝̼͟D̗̟͔̪͓̦͙̘͟Ḙ͟L̗͕̦̦͔͟'̶̴̦̺͕̮̺̪̺̜̕A̢͓̞̜̠͎G̱̼̰R̸̖̳̺͓̩̥͢͝ͅA̵̖̭̼͓̹̤͟?̤̮̮̻͇̙̝͔?̛̦͔?̵͍?̡̫̰͉̼͞
̡̥͖̕#̞#̷̼̬͙̳̳̖̕#̝̰͖̺̹̖̣̣́͝K̴͔̭̜̠̟͎̺͖L̳͖K̨̗̙͜'͓͇̫͖͉̮×͕͓̻̝×̯̦̪̜N̴̵̸͔͙̥̜̥ͅI̷̴͈K̰̹ ̢̺͔̙̬̻͖́͠{̶̛͉̞̝̺͙͍̠{͕̙̪͈̺{̴͉̜ͅͅM̸̻̩͎̣͇̱͜͡ͅ'͉͙̹̭̝͔̫̱͝-̞̺̩͡ͅA̵̧̬̥+̺̟̟̖̻͓̬̦×̛̠×͍͙̤͟^̶̦͓̠̪̀ ̼͖̖͟͢N̵͖͕̤̘͍͎ͅÉ͈͝͡R̵̢̤̟͔̹̬̙U̹̩͔͘L͇̮̙̦̮̹̖͖̻}̙͠}̢͓̟̹̺̼̳͈̙̕}̵̥\͔̟͓͉͈͜͝|̮͘͢\̵͙̘͈͉̰͙́

Get them from the another planet, I don't think the druids care about them.

Sorry dark one I have no Drow to sacrifice to you will you accept a centaur corpse.

But what?

Yeah, there was a pride that needed clearing and so I have a bunch of meat left over.
I'll probably run out of it in a week though.

Ơ̢͠ɥ̴̵̀̀͠ ͟s̴̢̡̛n͟͢ɹ̢͘ǝ͘͘'̷̢̨̡ ̡̢͡͡s̸ʇ͡͠ɐ̡͢ɹ͢͟͝ʇ̵̴ ̴̢ś̴͠d̷̛͡ǝ̡́ɐ̨͢ʞ̵̴̀i̸̛̕͜͟u̷̵͘ƃ̢̢ ̶̨̨ɐ͜͡ų̸͘͟͡ ̸̸̨ǝ̀͞͝l̸̀͜͝p̀͜͡͠ɹ̷̶́i̷͘ʇ̴́͞ɔ̸̵̀́ɥ̕̕ ͜͟ʇ̨̧͜͠͞o͝u͘͝͞ƃ̴̨́͢n̸͠ǝ̕͡ ̵̡̢͟͞ʌɐ̷̨̢ɹ̴͘í̕͞ɐ̡̨́͞ų̸̢͝ʇ́͘͝͝ ̵͞Í̢͢͞ ̸͞ɥ̷͞ɐ̷̧͡ʌ̴̢ǝ́̕͘͞ų̷͡͡,͡͡ʇ͝ ̡͟͜͠ļ̴̨͠ǝ̸̶͢ɐ̧̀͞ɹ̨͘͜u̕͜͞ǝ̵̡̛́p̧̡̢ ̷͠ʎ̵̛̀́ǝ̡̢̀͜͝ʇ̛̀͟͠˙̢

...Ship it in from outside the country, where the laws are different.
>She looks around suspiciously.
It's how I get black market reagents.
Hmm? Sorry, next time I'll appear through the wall rather than the floor.
Hello.
Wait, Lurco?
Evening oh great ghost of the fifth floor.

Wel yes, thank you, I agree.
So let's talk about more pressing matters, like the souls of plants.
Cartainly they are erelevant to your efforts to be more environmentally friendly.

No, the other gorgeous hunk.
>He chuckles

>Not using book of infinite pages
>Using card catalogues instead of imp daemons
>Not storing all your spells in the astral cloud

I don't use mana, don't ask my opinion.

I meant the promotion. I guess being alive wasn't a requirement after all.

>Diana pinches her nose and pulls out a quill, the tip glowing blue.
Alright, enough is enough.

Lurco, deal with this, or else I will.

fuck, droped my nametag again

ha ha ha did you wonder who said that? It was me!, Your friendly plant necromancer Ernan.
I have recently learned a magic called ventriloquism. Are you impressed?

Is that all, how boring, all we have to do is kill the abominations it will be easy.
You got the full position? *ugh* I have a lot of explaining to do.

>Sorry dark one I have no Drow to sacrifice to you will you accept a centaur corpse.
CENTAUR? How pathetically lackluster. I could get better from the Worm people's of Shaldraxizin 7 than this.

>Ơ̢͠ɥ̴̵̀̀͠ ͟s̴̢̡̛n͟͢ɹ̢͘ǝ͘͘'̷̢̨̡ ̡̢͡͡s̸ʇ͡͠ɐ̡͢ɹ͢͟͝ʇ̵̴ ̴̢ś̴͠d̷̛͡ǝ̡́ɐ̨͢ʞ̵̴̀i̸̛̕͜͟u̷̵͘ƃ̢̢ ̶̨̨ɐ͜͡ų̸͘͟͡ ̸̸̨ǝ̀͞͝l̸̀͜͝p̀͜͡͠ɹ̷̶́i̷͘ʇ̴́͞ɔ̸̵̀́ɥ̕̕ ͜͟ʇ̨̧͜͠͞o͝u͘͝͞ƃ̴̨́͢n̸͠ǝ̕͡ ̵̡̢͟͞ʌɐ̷̨̢ɹ̴͘í̕͞ɐ̡̨́͞ų̸̢͝ʇ́͘͝͝ ̵͞Í̢͢͞ ̸͞ɥ̷͞ɐ̷̧͡ʌ̴̢ǝ́̕͘͞ų̷͡͡,͡͡ʇ͝ ̡͟͜͠ļ̴̨͠ǝ̸̶͢ɐ̧̀͞ɹ̨͘͜u̕͜͞ǝ̵̡̛́p̧̡̢ ̷͠ʎ̵̛̀́ǝ̡̢̀͜͝ʇ̛̀͟͠˙̢
×̵̧̗̩͓̝͇̭̤͘M̬͎̞̜͚̻̯̦̩͢'͔͇̘̭͚+̨̫̬̺͞×̷̳͚̦̞͔̟M̡̛͚͚̤M͎̺͕̺̺͚̞͖'̥̻͜R̛͙͙͎̙̪͡I̵̵̦̟͍͉͘L̥ ̘T̤̖͇̞͜H̶̭͘͞U̧̮͓̱͚̹͜͞L̗͇̕.̶̼͓̘̱̯́͢ ̷̟̥̹̖K̵̖͎͇̼̹A̶̡͖͙̪̰͙͞'̡̻͟Ĺ̯̤̺̦̼#͓̻͎̝͈̜̻A̡̠̘̹͕͞͡K̶̝͙͓͇̬ ̴̻͍̖͉͜ͅͅ/̶̯͉̳͇̬/̸̫S̰͖̺̮̬̜̀'̢͇͉͍̦'̡̝͖̮̝͢͢'͇͖̼̺͍̤͎͟͠H̶͚A̬̯̠̖͔̙L̸̡͚͓̟
̸̯̠+̨̯͈̖̳̩̫̹@̪̺̗̩͝ͅ#̥͍×̢̥̰̭̮÷̭̥̺̻͓͖̟͝(̶͇̼̖̀(̡̺͇̗͔Ṵ̶͉'̝͈͙͎̜̪I̛͉̱͈̻̱̥͎O͚̭̗̩̮̥͓͖͢S̨̛̜̺̤̳M̤̮̮̞͚͟R̵̝̯̩̼̙̘̻̩E̶̡͈͈̫̯͉͔Ń̨̬'̛̠̟͕̫͚̟̬̰T͚͖̮A̜̮̮̖̝̪͕̭͢L̴͚̪̯͘#̷̜͔͚̟͙ͅ#̠̬̦̥̦̕#̱̪̞͓̰͘

Wait, are said centaur corpses just going for free?
...Hold on. Plants have souls?
If so, then yes I would say they are not an ingredient in most common potions, only the bodies.
Yeeeeesh. Please explain how you ended up like this.
No actually, it wasn't. An age and a bit years of brewing went down well on the application form.
As did my desire to mark students. Harshly.
Full position. I'll even be marking doctorates. Which will be fun.

Well sorry I'm fresh out of demon servants, although I do have an incubus trapped somewhere would he do?

And yeah I have three that I was damn sure were driders but they tricked me with their drow ways.

Look, you're gonna have to deal with it.
Because petty insults isn't enough for me to take action at the moment.

Look man, can you at least speak a variant of Eldritch tongue I know?

I ate a lot of chimeras.

No it won't be I have to explain a whole bunch of things to you after the meeting.

You are correct, in part. Cartainly most potions use only the body of the plants. But Even so often the spirit of the plant, or part of its vital energy seeps through and that is what gives pagic postions and extra spice!
And the wisest of people can create potions that make use of both the body and the spirit of the plant.
And even so, when ou cut a plant to use only its body you are striking dead its soul too.

I'll take one. Free reagents! YES! Leave it outside the Alchemy stores.
Curious what you needed the driers for, what are you planning?
...How barbaric.
Please say cooked.
Or we could just do it now Mort, whole point of meetings is to talk.
Even if it's some terrible revelation like how one student poisoned all the others or something, these kinds of things are best stated in meetings, people come up with solutions.
Well, I suppose that's why plants you harvest from are best then, rather than using the whole plant.
Shame that doesn't work for flowers and such.
Quick question, does the soul of a plant start in the seeds? Or after it's sprouted?

>Well sorry I'm fresh out of demon servants, although I do have an incubus trapped somewhere would he do?
A mere morsel compared to what I have feasted upon, but it shall do. For now..

I'm oh so "sorry" if you are Incapable of speaking True Infernal fledging. Though I must applaud you on your skill in the Lesser Tongues.

As long as they don't bother me when you're done. I recently evicted a family of ghost raccoons that used the 3rd floor west bathroom pipes as their drinking hole.

Mostly, yes. How about yourself?

Fair enough. It's more of a ripples to waves sort of thing anyway.

Wait is that what it is? I thought I was just using the magical energy inside the plan to it's full potential.
It's a private conversation, business related, I don't want the details to be common knowledge, my competitors would steal so many of my ideas.

>There is only silence

I just don't know the language.
Yet.
I have a lot on my plate.

Oh, I already finished.
Not sure if their ghosts are around.
I mean, they were magically created creatures.
Might not even have souls.

I got promoted! Head of a department, now the Alchemy wing is far spookier than ever before.
So be it, I aim to be around.
Lurco! Have some standards man, what the fuck!? What do you think this is, the cave age? Society has come far enough without having to eat something as foul and unsavory as Chimera raw!

the seed has a seed soul, in some ways the most powerful, in others the less useful.
Allow me to demonstrate what I mean.
With my VENTRILOQUISM.
Such a diccifult magic. That storyteller I once saw must have been a powerful wizard in disguise.

But let me tell you.

I spent months, traveling the land. Gathering plants that sang with the wind. The howl of the reeds, the gentle wisper of grass, single blades that a kid used to whistle. Now those are difficult to find.
And many others I found.
I chewed them, then I swallowed them.

Then when I want to use ventriloquism, I keep my mouth closed.
I expel air from my lungs as if I wanted to talk. BUT, I don't talk.
Instead I summon the spirit of the dead plants that talked with the wind, and with the memory of their song I modulate the air from my lungs.
It is ver difficult to use the righ plant for the right tone, you know.

And well, as you can see, seeds don't have the memory for that sort of thing.
But they have the power for more raw magic.

I will send it up right away. And the driders are drow and thus I planned on..."acquiring" information out of them, I tried the same on the centaurs but they both didn't know anything and didn't survive the interrogation. Soon though I will get what I need.

Don't worry dark one given enough time I shall find you more...I just need to get in touch with the astromancers and have them help me find one of the lesser entities.

I can't help it!
It's a racial thing!

>I just don't know the language.
>Yet.
>I have a lot on my plate.
You. "Learning" True Infernal. Hah, I give you props for the knowledge of the lower Tongues, but I doubt you could truly grasp the complexity of any of the Higher ones.

>points at the swear jar

If you fill it with spiders I [b]will[/b] kill you, or whatever the proper term is.
If you are sending live Driders to the department I will do the same to you.

oh not at all. You are using the simple magical energy that is contained in the physical matter that composes the plant.
But using the spirit of the life that hte plant was, its potential, its role in nature, the hopes that the world had for it, the joy that a singe bird felt when eating its seed.
All those thigns are lost if you don't know how to look for it.

So. Anything happening in this meeting that demands my attention? Or can I just sleep through this one?

I spent most of the day preparing my next experiment, slash, prank.

That... is incredible actually. Seeds having memory at all seems a bizarre concept to me, being the more industrial side of magic, rather than the ethical.
Mushrooms. Mushrooms are my forte, in potions as well as soup. I spent many a year haunting a forest where they were plentiful.
They also made fantastic poisons for deathtraps.
I was told the fighter's guild recently had to murder a drow, they're spreading man! Any ideas where they're coming from?
>Hard stare and judgmental foot tapping.
CURSES!
>Sena puts a coin in the jar.
You win this round Inigo.
Spiders? Don't be so cliche, I'll haunt the place myself. I'm not Vex.

How dare you.
I bet you think me mortal.
Which, I mean, I guess I am.
Cause I'm a clone.
But the real me I mean.

You kill her and I kill you, Mort.

You can't judge me like that!
Not with your wimpy alcohol drinking skills!

What is this odd Creature? And why does it remind me so much of that one entity who summoned me that one time?

I'm a bunnycat, been one ever since that experiment went wrong a few years ago. I don't remember summoning you... though my memory isn't the best so I might be responsible. The name is Quin Bradley.

Sending implies I'm getting someone else to do my dirty work I am dragging them here myself. They are quite easy to acquire if you never sleep.

They are a plague and I have a theory that they are dealing with demons to get more power that's why I captured the incubus he had info, lucky for me his followers were weak. I still get visions of their memories the side effects of burning ones mind can be straining, on the bright side I have tabs on all of their families just in case they try to hunt me down.

Not really, but I'd love to hear this prank.
Wimpy?! How dare you! I almost lasted as long as you after we drank the misery of devourer Lurco away!
...Damn. Of course, they're like shitty warlocks. We should try to bait them out. Maybe something powerful, what horrifying artifacts do we have in storage that they'd be unable to resist?

Ok, I don't think I understand what you're saying.
Good, stick to your word.
Fine by me.

If they are alive when they get here you will not be for long afterwards.

Well then, hail to you O' Quin Bradley. May your being shine bright against the sanguine darkness that is I.

Seeds have very little memory, but a high raw energy.
So they are more usefu for providing, well pure raw power. Maybe to power other magic, or to incease your strenght, or for healing, or for some types of curses. They are just fuel in a way.

Oof, all this talking has stressed me. I'm really not used to it.
Maybe. Maybe.

Only because it was such a hard drink that it was difficult for me to even handle it.
Yes, that's the excuse I'm going with.

That's a fair point. Frankly, I haven't done much research into the subject of artificial constructs and souls, though its plausible.

Oh? That certainly is quite the promotion. How goes the new adventure?

Oh I won't spoil it, or someone might stop me. But it involves payback on the fighters guild for wrecking my department a while back. My revenge will be more mentally scaring than materially costly though.
Thank you. So are you some kind of creature of chaos? I've always considered myself one.

Best way to do it I've found is to look at the governments, you'd be surprised how many are being controlled by the bastards.

What are you afraid of, does the big bad adventurer fear a couple of whores will a large a mount of legs. And why is it I am being persecuted when the necromancy department brings dangerous things into the department everyday.

How do mushrooms work in your eyes then? Like one giant organism, or lots of little ones?
Also I'm sure talking will come back to you.
Clever bugger you. So how long with the Chimera appearance last?
It's been good fun so far. Secretus is helping to restore all of the missing first age literature. They've been good reads. Paperwork isn't that bad either so far.
I'll be marking my first set of tests Thursday as well, which should be fun!
My my, revenge, Quin? Well, I would oh so love to tell you how it's a terrible idea simply because I can and that's my nature.
But good luck!
What are the signs, I've haunted a few parliament buildings in my time. Might get back to it if there are drow to rout.

>Thank you. So are you some kind of creature of chaos? I've always considered myself one.
Creature Of Chaos, the Firstborn, the End Of All, The Devourer, The Blight, the Withering Song...I've been called lots of things.

>takes out a small box, sprinkles some ashes on the ground.
this will help me settle a bit, yes. I'm not used to talking with so many people. It's been years, years.

>snaps a leaf growing from the helm of the jacket.
>murmurs a chant
>lets the leaf fall as it transfixes and flows to the ashes.
>the ashes flow to meet with it, apparing to increase in vlme like a thick smoke.
>it rises and spreads, like a dark shadow, with blue and red lights appearing within
>the man still chants
>for some istants the image like of a plant with a five-fingered leaf appears then flickers
>it all turns to a a show of ble and red and yellow rays, all rotating and entering the body of the man, who is now sitting on the ground

oohhhh.
aaaaaaaaaahhh, yeah yeah, this is it

Well I don't have a soul, and I am a clone of Lurco.
Though I did make some changes..

Probably a week or two after I finish the chimera meat I have in storage.
Which will also last a week.
So two to three weeks total.

Town guards are a big one if there is a large some elves of any kind in the town guard or militia then odds are the drow are in power and using it to have a large some of the elven population killed by "random" stabbings in dark allies, It's easy to miss how often do people look into a dead guard in the slums.

Oh I know it is probably a bad idea. Though no matter how things go, this will be a fun revenge.
Then I think we'll get along splendidly.

>the man is laying on the ground
you know what man, I can totally put the potency of your stash in a simulacrum you know.
Then screw the druids they'll just get empty corpses

but careful not to breake the simulacrum or all the power will release at once

murshooms consume life, they are not like plants. But they are like plants too, Nice little fellows, are they
they are like plants but not plants
maybe I am a mushroom.
I'm not moving let's not move and all become mushrooms

Question. Is Chimera meat all the same throughout the creature, or does it change depending on the parts? Like, does the snake part taste like snake, and the goat part taste like goat?
That. Is horrifying. So an influx of drow leads to an influx of normal elves?
Cmon Quin, no hints?
Not even a tiny, small, one word clue?
...I enjoy moving, also I've never seen a ghost mushroom.
What on earth are you taking today then?

The tastes are mixed but the taste of different animals are stronger in some parts than in others.
I especially enjoy the lion tasting parts.

So, Quin, how goes the Source stuff?

Only temporarily, the population will begun to decline over time after the guards are taken down they start to go after the family folk. Although I did run into a city where they were trying to turn the elven population into more drow but that was a isolated incident something involving a drow matriarch who was trying to become a god.

How can you enjoy moving if you haven't tried stillness?
it's only with true stillness that you really start moving. Like, you are one with the ground and the ground moves and you know who you are

want to try some of this my friend? then maybe you'll understand