EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Free Spells Will Forever Suck" Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What is you favorite instant?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-hatebears-1/
wpn.wizards.com/en/article/preview-your-xln-kits
youtube.com/watch?v=I26gmk5bmxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Free Spells Will Forever Suck
uhh

That card is why free spells will forever suck.

Because it set the bar so high? Obviously if you're a turbo-Spike nothing will compare, but you can make some of them work pretty well

Git probe is good
Noxious revival is good
fow is good
mox opal is good
comandeer is good
pact cycle is good
untap lands cycle is op
Try again op

Shoal Cycle is also amazing.

Oh yeah those are nice too.
>Splicing a Desperate Ritual onto a Blazing Shoal targeting Zada
The fucking dream.

Dralnu looks fun, but I have a feeling I'll just get hated out every game after comboing off once.

Shirei looks like loads of fun. How do you run Jalira?

Not a big fan of Silumgar, and the only interesting card in AKH block is that demon that sacs things to search.

Also might be interested in GB decks.

Who excited for tribals?
What decks are you getting?
Preordered all 4 but using cats and vamps.

Got probe, nox revival, mox opal, pact cycle, and untap lands cycle are spells that net you no mana investment but they aren't free spells. Free spells are ones that allow you to cast it without paying its mana cost. Commandeer is not even that good.

Someone shill me their Shirei list. EDHREC ain't giving me anything too inspiring.

From what I can tell, you either go Shadowborn Apostles for a constant supply of demons, or you go with a bunch of power

Mox literally has a cmc0, Im not even going to discuss the rest. Stop posting any time you contrarian fuck.

>Cast without pay their mana cost

Is not

>Cost 0 to cast

Has the USPS tracking been fucking up for anyone else?

Yes couldn't track my tcgplayer order and anxiously stumbled to the mailbox three times this morning
>tfw sold a sealed atraxa deck for $120 just got to the guy today
G-gomenasai

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-hatebears-1/

So, in beginning this list, I've started with 50 creatures. Could you help me help me whittle down the chaff /edhg/?

I sure am.
I'll make Wizards real cancerous by abusing infinite combos that will make my playgroup groan everytime they see her.
Everything on a relative budget, of course.

Mine has been out for delivery for 12 hours. Really wanted to finish that Edric deck for this weekend, oh well

>build Narset Autism voltron
>turn 2 Stronic
>no one has any way to remove it
>oh boy
>shitting out 8 cards at combat annihlating opponents boardstates before they can even declare blockers
>eventually cast paradox engine
>everyone scoops

free spells are awesome. i hope this deck turns out as oppressive as my friends Brago

I bought the kitty deck and I'm excited to make it as evil as possible

>traded for a bunch of recent GW shit like Hushwing and Ramunap Excavator
>have Armageddon and Natural Balance waiting in the wings

Pretty excited to build wizard tribal and granddaddy markov.

What combos are you using?

I want to make O-Kagachi but the card just makes me angry every time I see

>6/6

Should have atleast given him protection from something.

*everything

Progenitus got it right

What do you do when you have too many EDH decks and you're still tempted to make more? What do you do with all the niche cards when you break apart a really cool deck? I have more EDH decks than I can actually play with regularly and I don't know what to do with them

is there any 0 mana cost spells besides creatures

you neck yourself

Wheel of Fate

All the pacts costs 0 mana.

Are you retarded?

Ashnod's + Bloodline Necromancer/Wanderwine, Mistbind and Changeling Berserker.

Basalt Rings just because Thophy Mage fetches both when I get to afford it.

Probably also Havengul +Heartless Summoning + Priest of Gix/Urabrask.

They are all so flavorful, I want to Fireball everyone to death as a wincon.

Tormods crypt

welding jar

Anything with X and no colored requirement, like Chalice of the Void

well, it is

He asked for a 0 cost card, not a card without a cost.

shit, you're right
disregard me I suck cocks

Stop posting any time you contrarian fuck.

>untap lands cycle is op

Which ones are those?

Cloud of Faeries
Gilded Drake
Palinchron
Snap
Frantic Research
Time Spiral

>all blue

He misread, he wasnt being obsitant for attention. Get a dictionary kid.

It was blue's primary mechanic from Urza block.

True power at a fair price.

are there any cards you will not use in any decks on principle, despite them being obviously good?

Sheldon needs to get his head out of his ass on this one

You know, I'm surprised I haven't seen any degenerate bullshit with this card yet. But I guess I haven't been playing much EDH recently.
Is it bad?

Nobody I know plays it anymore after they got it out of their systems. That doesnt happen unless the card isnt fun to win with.

My Jund deck doesn't have enough answers to indestructible. What are my options? Am I stuck running Gravepacts? What about indestructible enchantments and artifacts?

>Is it bad?

I'm just going to let you think on that one for a second.

Best for jund

Guess there's no harm in sticking it in the 99. I then have an excuse to run Hammer of Purphorus.

Yeah, I run it. I don't have a lot of tutors to get it consistently, but that might change if my meta keeps power creeping.

It's just that I couldn't remember any times I actually had to play against it, but now I think I remember one. It didn't really stick out because it felt exactly like all the other ways artifact decks have to combo out.

Why is it only artifacts as a card type that's always getting broken in half? Is it because they're colorless? It can't be just that, because it seems like Paradox Engine would be crazy even if it were, say, an enchantment. Theros sucked, but Mirroden and all the other "artifacts matter" blocks have been great for artifacts. It's even harder to remove artifacts, at least cheaply: there's no cmc1 "exile target artifact," but Erase has been printed and reprinted loads of times at common. Why can't Wizards balance their toys?

Only two colors can hit enchantments. 3 can hit artifacts.

I just want mass deglamer in green.

Bane of progress?

Deglamer shuffles them in, it doesn't destroy them. Bane of Progress doesn't hit Theros gods.

Same guy as the one having trouble with indestructible.

Also, Bane shouldn't be the only card seeing as this exists.

I get green has enough tools in EDH, but it is frustrating. My friends don't run enough proper wraths.

>discord

Kill yourself.

Brittle Effigy gets rid of indestructible creatures for the low-ish low-ish price of five mana.

ah shit mb. You gotta play white to deal with indestructible enchantments easily. I suppose you could torment of hailfire for an ungodly amount, but you basically win in the process so Im not sure it counts.

Oblivion Strike is costed higher than I, personally, would like, but it gets the job done in terms of indestructible creatures, and at instant speed

Foil is good, especially in Edric and any other blue deck where you'll have more cards than you'll know what to do with

Wave of Vitriol

Fair enough. I'll probably just stick a freaking Perilous Vault and call it a day.

Maybe an Hour of Glory too (better than Strike unless Pro Black).

Thought that was an instant, mea culpa

Fade Into Antiquity, Unravel the Aether, and Tribute to the Wild are more options

Tree Jail best jail

>no one has suggested Into the Core

>he's never seen Seton Paradox
That deck is an unholy machine of destruction

Innocent Blood, especially if you have a way to recur it. Also, Duplicant, and Decree of Annihilation.

I need MEAN CARDS for BULLYING in GW Mirri

I actually just cut Innocent Blood for Fleshbag Marauder since I am a Sek'kuar deck.

Not running Duplicant was an oversight. I really thought I had enough creature kill but underestimated how often protection and indestructible come up.

I wonder if I could get Tribute to the Wild to work. I get that it usually just hits rocks, but sometimes, hitting everyone's rocks might be the best plan.

My thought was Innocent Blood on Panoptic Mirror would be really nice depending on how slow the game goes, and it can help with other spells, as well. Then again, I don't know what's in your deck. Do you have it on tappedout?

Fiery Confluence is amazing at stomping out non-land ramp.

>Panoptic Mirror
that's banned bro

is there a kraj combo for helix pinnacle?

>Xenagod friend ramps like a lunatic, culminating in a 10 Storm count Sprouting Vines with like 12 lands on the field
>uses final green mana to put out Manabond and dump his hand
>everyone clearly distressed about whatever monster fatties he's about to dump out
>play Natural Balance on my turn

I need fun, budget commanders that can run valuetown and goodstuff decks.

You do realize how vague that is?

What are good budget fetch alternatives? I can afford shocks, but fuck $30 for any of the Zen fetches

Where the fuck is that user with my Shirei list, dammit? I want to see the ways of the jank.

Meren of Clan Nel Toth

>counters on any dude that generates multiple mana, that green devotion guy or that +1/+1 counter guy
>counter on any untap guy
Whoo. Mana.

There's no real alternatives for it, they're quite a unique effect. Shocks are quite comparable to some other duals if you don't care about the land sybtypes for fetching purposes.

Anything where no card is over $5, and the focus of the deck is raw card advantage and "fair" plays.

>Splicing a Desperate Ritual onto a Blazing Shoal targeting Zada
my fucking nigga, shits my favorite play in that deck.

Karametra
no one will bother removing her ass

In preparation for Ixalan, WotC is leaking like a sinking ship. Got some white vamp shit and a toned down Cavern of Souls for limited/budget decks, plus this. wpn.wizards.com/en/article/preview-your-xln-kits

Oh, and a bigass red Dinosaur, but I think that was already confirmed.

>Sorcery

No thank you.

Mirage tap fetch lands and krosan verge for any deck with GW but they won't cover the enemy color cycle.

youtube.com/watch?v=I26gmk5bmxc

It's too bad, I love the art and it's pretty flavorful.

They TRY when I run her for W/G sliver shenanigans...

I pre-ordered all 4 but I'm pretty sure my money would be better spent buying singles, unless you can resell them for nuts amounts like older ones.

Wow, I have been out of the game for a while, jesus. Thanks, man.

What's with the weird facial expressions and intonations. Tourettes?

>mini sun titan for creatures that fits cleanly into the new Edgar deck