I want people to train monsters in my setting...

I want people to train monsters in my setting, but what justifications could I have for why a more powerful creature would obey a human being?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_crushing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the sexual thrill?

.....are you actually that stupid, or is this bait?

Just make them Dumb? Like an amplification of the real world with fantastical elements?

Well, how intelligent is it?

I mean, even pretty damn intelligent animals can be trained by humans.

Is there some benefit to the animal partnering with humans? If they began a relationship for a long period, they could have evolved socially into a relationship where both benefit.

There could be some other answers. There's been a few stories and settings where various monsters have entrusted their young to humans because they grow faster under actual training, such as dragons, than they would on their own or simply with their parents.

The monsters require a mind-meld to function to their best.

Either that or have them as entities from another plane that need to be bound to a person's being.

Or if you want it to be Pokemon and have sappy shit you copy the game's concept of trained monsters having significantly more potential with a partner than without.

>I want people to train monsters in my setting

Can we get some context into this setting? Like, is it fantastical or is it science finctional?
Cause I'm pretty charmed by the pokemon-kind-of-catch-em'-all aspect as well, but I'd suggest two VERY different answers depending on genre.

Also, for what it's worth: Pokemon are somewhat sapient- most psychic pokemon are in fact MORE intelligent than Humans, but their intelligence is so alien compared to mankinds that it's just best not to question their motives.

At any rate, most Pokemon listen to their masters because they develop a relationship and respect for one another: your PC in the game isn't reflective of the average lifestyle of a pokemon trainer as they have GAME MECHANICS and META KNOWLEDGE and can ignore the day-to-day-life and bonding of master and pokemon.
Most people don't obviously have hundreds of thousands of pokemon boxed and instead keep, train, and care for as few as 3 or as many as 5 pokemon in their entire lifetime- and even then they're typically mono-types or ones that they can use in their work or take care of.

So, my point, is to not be mistake in that Pokemon are just 'dumb' beasts or they're FORCED to do anything.
Pokemon are powerful animals, and the bonds they develop with Humans can be just as strong.

Domestication?
Magic binding?
The power of friendship?
Nanomachines?
Plain old animal training?

I really doubt there's any sort of setting where you would be hard pressed to find some fairly basic explanation.

This, another way Pokemon handles it is the fact is the Pokemon showing up in areas where you can catch them is them basically telling you "show me what you got, impress me and I'll join your crew" in the context of the game world. Humans offer infastructure to feed and heal and battles for experience that aren't life and death. So it's a sweet deal.
Also, this.

sex slaves

they're for children now, all the sexy white children in the WORLD

Duh, have the creatures rack up tremendous loans and other forms of debt to humans.

"fight for me or I foreclose on your mother's home" will make more people fight.

Magic

Science

The monsters are baseline extremely cooperative

The same way animals in real life and in Pokémon do. You beat them into submission until they obey or force them to do something until they give up fighting aka "breaking" a horse to tame it.

hands

smart monsters realize the value of hands

>pokémon take it literally
>start using severed human hands as currency

>Why would a cow ever obey a human being?

>what justifications could I have for why a more powerful creature would obey a human being?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_crushing

Disproportionate lust for human (male) cock?

I mean. Isn't that kind of thing exactly what fantasy settings have magic spells for?

Monster lives in dreamworld and human willpower and imagination make them material. So training a monster also means mustering you discipline. You can make dumb boring skeleton that follows every comand or unleash your imagination and give birth to beast with thousand faces colorfull, formless, shifting. And then you lose your mental picture of it and its set it free devouring you and your home.

Okay, but what about the male creatures?

Also in this world every work of fiction could be considered weapon and lovecraft be something like weapon of mass destruction forbidden by law.

They can't commit to their workout menu and need a personal trainer for motivation.

Yeah, canonically Pokemon enjoy fighting, so a human offering proper training, and healing, and a reliable food source, and battles that aren't life and death, and friends, and etcetera etcetera... is a super sweet deal from the pokemon's point of view.

post more slutmons or plantgirls

>but what justifications could I have for why a more powerful creature would obey a human being?
They're friends. A symbiotic relationship benefits them. They are supernatural beings born with power, but lacking in drive beyond base survival instinct. Neural hijacking (think Evangelion except you're not literally plugged into their CNS). Pick your poison dude, lots of options.

Monsters working out is weird.

It's how australian wildlife ends up so swole.

The same, obviously.

No kidding.

I don't understand this picture.

Is he suffering from some form of mutation or cancer?