Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

Let's discuss something that isn't Warstriders. Marriage among the Dynasty, maybe.

Other urls found in this thread:

rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Main_Page
twitter.com/RSVance/status/900184654019530752
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Marriage among the Dynasty, maybe.
More specifically, last thread had a pot or two about whether Dynasts marry for purely political reasons or whether personal feelings have their place as well. I seem to recall that in 1E at least elders of most Houses did pay some heed to the opinions of the potential spouses when it came to arranging marriages. This seems like a sensible thing to do, because marriage presumably works better both as source of new Dragon-Blooded and as a means of securing alliances and connections if the husband and wife don't hate each other too much. How do you guys think these things work or should work? Have you had marriage negotiations in your DB games, and if yes, did your characters have any say?

I've been imagining them as heavily formalized courtships of "proper" candidates. The Dynasts parents select a group of suitable brides/spouses and arrange a formal meeting between the two with the other Dynasts parents. After meeting the potential brides/spouses the child (usually with a great deal of input from his parents) selects someone from that group to begin courting. After a short courtship the two Dynasts, barring severe problems between the two that would make marriage unwise, are engaged. Their parents and other family elders have a large influence at every step of this process advising and guiding them to someone they think will make a good marriage for the House and the child.

That would be the ideal at least. All to often Dynasts are all but sold off by their power hungry families to unsuitable candidates for political power. Widows and widowers often won't have parents or elders help them through the process of remarrying and they may be considered bad luck. Marriages where the two candidates didn't particularly love each other often break down with both partners taking lovers on the side and only staying together as a formality, many servants in Dragonblood houses have their children receive terrestrial exaltation and noble features.

Is Rathess dead?
Can you use Excellencies during Craft Projects and/or Sorcerous Workings?

Yes. Yes and yes.

Oh. I'd hoped it was just down for the moment. Fuck.
Also, great for Excellencies.
Thanks.

>Rathless
What is this?

A backup wiki of 1e/2e stuff that's apparently dead now.
rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Main_Page

Would creating a Protoshinmaic Vortex be just a Craft roll, or would you have them use Lore or Sorcerous Workings to make one?

>Protoshinmaic Vortex
It's basically a mini universe pulled out of the Wtld so I'd imagine you would need Lore/Occult and Sorcery as well.

So if you have a Supernal ability, can you buy repurchases without hitting the required Essence?

No

Yes, you can buy repurchases that are higher than your current essence level.

Yes. You don't get the at Essence X this happens clause. But repurchases are fine.

I like the 3e change to the Zenith Anima so that it's not expressly "fuck off to Lethe" but lets you take up their unfinished buisiness.

In previous editions it enabled them to act like raging bigots in a way that was just irritating for a lot of group dynamics.

Jesus Christ how many dice do you roll in Craft holy fuck

Since when are peopl;e using the default craft wank?

>In previous editions it enabled them to act like raging bigots in a way that was just irritating for a lot of group dynamics.
Hierophant was a Zenith.
Coincidence?
I think not.

Were we ever told who all these guys are?

Alchemical, something, something, something, Infernal

Would returning a Dragonblooded back to perfect breeding be Terrestrial or Celestial Working?

I'd say Celestial. If the Terrestiral's could do that as a working then you can bet they would do it as much as possible.

Why not just go for a Solar working of preventing the bloodline decay everywhere while at it?

>Let's discuss something that isn't Warstriders. Marriage among the Dynasty, maybe.

How would one marry a Dynast whose mind has been implanted into a Warstrider to serve as it's guiding AI? What sort of...Adaptions, would an enterprising Solar need to satisfy his robotfu?

Actually you do get the At Essence X gain additional effects, you do not however count as Essence 5 for things that scale off Essence like "gain (Essence) dice/successes" those still use your actual Essence.

>Actually you do get the At Essence X gain additional effects

Are Dragon Kings not a thing in 3e?
Are they mentioned in the previews?

DBs can do Celestial Workings and they have shittona if infrastructure to get their Means up. I wouldn't allow Workings to raise someone's breeding back to Pure short of Solar. Otherwise every Sorcerer in the Realm would have done so on themselves and rich people. There wouldn't be a Breeding problem.

no

They are coming according to Vance. No idea when but they are in the pipeline.

Doh, mixed up Celestial and Solar workings. This is what I meant to say.

Shit's Messing With Exaltations™ so definitely Solar.

The handling of the new Exalt types annoys me so much.

It's not just that they've gone "ITS A MYSTERY!" because that could be cool and lets people come up with their own ideas.
Instead it feels like there’s a lot of people who are sorta in the know telling people that their ideas for the new Exalt types are wrong and because of that they don’t feel like a blank spot on the map but an area in a video game you can’t enter until the DLC comes out.

Basically it's another cool idea that Morke and Holden had that's been undermined by their own ego.

Fuck yeah. Can't wait for my bros man.

>Charms in your Supernal Ability treat your Essence rating as 5 for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites to purchase and upgrade them.

>purchase and upgrade them.

The devs confirmed it towards the beginning of the line but I'm on my phone right now and it'd be way too much trouble to find it right now.

That does no sound like a subtle alteration to reality.

They probably are, and the devs - can't remember if it was the old or new ones, though - have expressed their desire to write 3E Dragon Kings on the official forums. They're not really something that needs to be mentioned in the core, though. Were they in either of the previoous editions' corebooks? I can't remember.

I know someone who played an Infernal that was sexually involved with a Hellstrider, it found a way to project an avatar of itself which made the logistics of the whole thing much easier.

That second one looks hot.
Maybe Exigent or Liminal.

How did the Scarlet Empress live so long anyway?

I dunno, that sounds like cheating to me. Also sounds like this.

One day, I want to play a Twilight.
And build a wall.
A wall in the North.
To keep the Fae outside.
Maybe one in the South too, for good measure.

>How did the Scarlet Empress live so long anyway?

Pure plot shield/plot armor. She lived long for the same reason she didn't get exploded by any of the numerous things in the setting that could have turned her into a bloody fountain from large distances away, or the same reason any of her scheming asshole progeny didn't hurl her into a meat grinder one night and assume leadership.

Guy said he was making some adjustments to the page.
About two days ago, though.

The sword of creation is a hell of a weapon drug

There was also something with the straps reaching across her crotch at one point. We're not a particularly smutty group and tend not to dwell on the logistics of these things.

It depends on your personal power, breeding, and how willing you are to say fuck off to your family.

As a rule, the extreme majority of marriages are purely political amongst the nobilities of the Great House. If you aren't a DB, you are offered to the highest bidder (a thousand extra point if he/she is a DB). If you are a DB, this is a difficult political decision where political alliance, economical ties, difference in breeding, in age, and a lot of other things are considered. Personal compatibility between both the future groom and the future bride? Well, it's better if they don't hate each other, of course. You won't go very far if they try to assassinate each other. But beyond that, it's the literal least of the considerations.

If one DB is very vocal about marrying the one he does love, it very depends on particulars. If the family can't afford that move, or has a plan, or is just hard-headed, a lot of complications can happen. But if you're into a pretty chill family, or you have the support of the family head? No particular problem, as long as your chosen bride/groom IS of equal station of yours, and not from an enemy family or something.

Marrying a slavegirl? It never happens. 'Oh grand-grand-granddad I really like that other DB with a good standing and a good breeding, and she's really into me?' THAT happens without big fuss.

>How did the Scarlet Empress live so long anyway?

She has all the magical resources of an entire empire, and access to first age magitech beyond your wildest dreams.

If 'tentacle rapes' Mnemon can find a way to extend her life, her Redness can. And she's far better at it too.

Oh please, raging Scarlet Empress hater user. We already had that discussion. You were proven wrong and irrational. Don't start again.

Did Fire Crotch piss in your cereal or something?

>Oh please, raging Scarlet Empress hater user. We already had that discussion.
I seem to recall we had that discussion several times, even.

Mnemon can't be this cute

I dunno user. She can definitely be cuter.

That's what you get when messing with 2nd Circle Demons without proper preparations. I'm sure she enjoyed it.

Is Wyld Cauldron Mastery suppose to be non-charm successes? Because the next charm Sevenfold Savant Mantle is nearly useless as at most you could only ever add on 2 dice of an excellency at essence 4 and none when you reach essence 5. I guess you can ignore one willpower expenditure but still that is God awful.

I guess its meant for Supernal Lore Twilights who go out into the Wyld at Essence 1 after investing 12 charms to do this. Again bravo Holden.

Is the Jade used by Realm only Green, or do they use other coloured Jade as well for Dosh?

>ask question
>don't wait for answer
>blame Holden for a problem you're not even sure exists

nice

>If 'tentacle rapes' Mnemon
What?

Realm Jade is generally white, that's the earth elemental one and is therefore abundant in the Realm

I think they use white more for money. Partially because they get so much from the Imperial Mountain which is white.

Oh the problem exists. I asked rhetorically because it is not marked as non-charm dice. I was wondering if Holden meant for it to be non-charm but was too retarded to actually write it in the charm. Instead it just busted the charm tree further RAW.

Alright so going to have to go on a stealing spree to get different colours of Jade from the Realm for artefact building then.

>You were proven wrong and irrational. Don't start again.

I don't know user, pretty sure just saying you were right and the other guy was wrong just makes you look like you're full of shit and are completely wrong.

It's supposed to be white, a lot of pictures use green though. I guess the honest answer here is "It's probably white because Earth pole and Earth aspected jade is white, but pictures get it wrong because the art in Exalted rarely matches anything they're talking about".

Considering the fact that multiple people made long posts explaining why the Empress isn't actually a fuckup and why there's more than plot armor to her success, claiming that user was just saying he was right is rather misleading.

And most of what was written was reeking of terrible, Batman-tier plot shield shittery.

No. It wasn't. Its just that you're, as said, wrong and irrational. Rational arguments don't really work on someone who's dead set on sticking to his views.

Oh God its warstriders all over again!

When's the next update planned?

Quick, let's talk about something more controversial, like Infernals!

/exg/ will never get rid of dumb as fuck arguments, but we might at least change the subjects of our dumb as fuck arguments every now and then.

never ever

Come on user, be serious

Can non-Sidereals use astrology to predict things, with Occult or something?

You use performance to con people.

Keychain is deader then dead.
Secret will always be best girl

anyone else notice that the 2nd from the right appears to have a massive errection?

That's his thigh user

meh, funnier if it's not

In 2e you could use thaumaturgy (rituals based on Occult, stronger than in 3e) to get readings on people, from vague to somewhat accurate.

Right next to the Infernals finger in the original image looks a lot like an erect dick.

it really doesn't

Damn, I was hoping for doing my own Astrologies and getting some of that sweet Starmetal.

and it still hurts

Honestly, why was Keychain focused on Misho when clearly Secret had a better arc?

Are there other Sorcery schools other than Heptagram and in Lookshy?

You could always go to Mahalanka and learn from Raksi. Hope you like the taste of baby, though.

That's your brain being shit and unable to compensate for light, user.

Or you just want a penis in your boipusi that bad.

I think there's supposed to be one in Great Forks ran by a Lunar, described in Scavenger Sons.

>Can non-Sidereals use astrology to predict things, with Occult or something?
Reading fates written in the Heavens can be done with the proper occult training and detailed research on the target. It's much vaguer than what a Sidereal can get, but it may still be of use.

Just read Chorus of the Neverborn.

The Lunars and the Sids are organized enough to get any student the training they need. Failing that, the White Treatise will let you self-initiate.

Chorus of the Neverborn is something I don't enjoy but appreciate that it exists because people furiously try to deny there was a point in the gameline's life where the Deathlords were so over the top that the Silver Prince personally walking into Nexus and carving his way through an entire circle of Solars with ease didn't raise an eyebrow.

It might just be me, but I think zeniths have the weakest anima powers overall. Most other peoples range from useful to insanely powerful with the right affects, and moreover really reinforce their roles (Save the twilight hardness one, that one is still a little confusing)
Zeniths still get an anti COD affect but it relies on all around good combat abilities. The one that makes spirits materialize seems okay but the willpower cost makes it a bit hefty to just wave around. And then there's that burial one
I've never really had a situation where people were in direct proximity to a corpose that later became an undead, so I have to assume the use is the intimacy passing on thing. I imagine its supposed to be for big dramatic emotional moments where you pass on the sorrow of some dying mother to the heartless deathknight that slaughtered her as the first step in making him question his actions, and thats incredibly interesting but seems to rely on good ST's alot.

I guess time will tell on that. In previous editions I always thought they had a much better deal than Dawns due to the highest tier of obvious enemies being Creatures of Darkness.

If it's 90% fighting the Realm this time obviously things change.

Don't forget Sidereal interest in keeping the Realm stable and intact.

Hey guys, quick 2e question here: reeeeeee

Flashing Vengeance Draw is a permanent charm you pay 3 motes to activate at the Join Battle step. It gives your Essence in automatic successes on the Join Battle roll and if you go first, your first attack is Unexpected. I've got two questions about this.

1) Is the similar Striking Cobra Technique martial art able to also be activated and stacked with this, to ensure I act first? Would this require a combo, or could it be done without one?

2) Can I use a charm on my action at the start of the battle proper, as the Join Battle roll (and activating Flashing Vengeance Draw) is outside of combat and so not in the same action?

>Failing that, the White Treatise will let you self-initiate.
Tell me more

I wonder what the new names for Infernal Castes will be.

Penumbra.

twitter.com/RSVance/status/900184654019530752