/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/gencon50exclamation-mark-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you ever run game not set in the present?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m0XuKORufGk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_matrilineal_or_matrilocal_societies
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Have you ever run game not set in the present?
We ran an 1980's mortals game, once. By the end everyone was hooked on coke and assumed it gave them magic powers. If we weren't all Priests trying to exorcise 'ghosts' and 'vile spirits' from prostitutes to track down the 'archdemon' it might not have been so jarring.

How sure are we that there aren't aliens who have ascended way before the Exarchs? Maybe they are the reason why the Exarchs can't just go ham on reality

How long before the magefags shit up this thread, you think?

I'd imagine, going by WoD's retarded themes, that humans are the only ones able to become Mages.

>Humanity Fuck Yeah

>How long before the magefags shit up this thread, you think?

Is that a challenge?

That would be highly disappointing if true unless they decide to go with humans are actually the first sapient species in the galaxy or something

Please no

Disappointing? Maybe, if not irrelevant. I could actually see Mages being THE universal Template.

>implying magefags shit it up
Do they force you to engage them instead of pushing your own discussions?

Become Mages? Yes. Wield Supernal magic? Not necessarily.

Why can't we go back to the idea that drinking from Mages makes Vampires trip balls?

Have I missed any new news on scion since that person spoiled lover knacks and the sun and moon purviews?

Because Vampires don't deserve the blood of the Wise

The universe is a lot bigger than a single Galaxy.

No shit genius. Most fiction doesn't get into universal because the scale is so much higher than what we can comprehend. The galaxy is already big enough

If Mages can potentially beat up everything in the canon setting, why haven't they made some sort of galactic empire of wizards yet?

Or maybe they already did during the days of Atlantis?

Atlantis never existed, except when it did, but now it didn't.

Remember
Something something something something magefags, something something something a Demon something a crowd.

what crawled up your anus and died?

>The Imperium of Magekind

>why haven't they made some sort of galactic empire of wizards yet?

Have you missed the part of the setting where the Exarchs already won and control reality.

In the CofD, everyone is living in tyrannical mage empire, they just don't realize it. That's the whole point of the Lie.

Even if Mages wanted to go to space, I don't see how it would be really feasible. Even with Archmastery, it would take some doing. Mages aren't as easily spacebound in Awakening like they are in Ascension.

Darth Obrimos find your lack of faith in mage supremacy very disturbing.

youtube.com/watch?v=m0XuKORufGk

Read the Thrice Great legacy.

They visit the spirit courts outside of earth.

>Darth Obrimos

>Grand Moff Mastigos?

What the Fuck? So they retconned the uratha into being around during Father Wolf's rain instead of after it?

Sundered World retcons a lot of stuff.

But to be honest, everything before was just legends. So feel free to play it how you want.

No? They existed back then, obviously, and they made that period into a setting.

How did caveman Mages protect humanity with Paradox and Quiescence? Where the fuck were the Watchtowers? Was this before the Abyss?

You really need to read Sundered World. Your questions are addressed.

With respect to werewolves, Sundered World raises other questions. For instance, werewolves were vulnerable to silver before the death of Father Wold and the Sundering.

No watchtowers. So while the Exarchs likely existed (because Atlantis had fallen), whoever set up the watchtowers hadn't done it yet.

It is implied that the spots where they would be built already exist, with grand objects at each one to represent the location it will be constructed.

Also, they didn't do it alone. It isn't like there were only Mages in the sundered world.

Don't think so.

But I'm a lazy bastard. Can you give me a rundown?

I thought the Watchtowers weren't actual things?

That also doesn't explain Quiescence. How could the Mages protect their brethren with that going on?

The Queiscence was still around, and like today, the Wise just avoided sleepers witnessing their magic.

Paradox wasn't as bad, although it's hardly crippling in the present.

Wait, I thought the Watchtowers were erected at the same time Atlantis fell, otherwise nobody could become Mages?

Awakening lore is confusing.

Same way as usual. Don't do your magic in front of them.

They give a smalltime example.
A spirit is messing with the cattle, poisoning them.
To the village, it looks like the mage goes out, sacrifices one, and does some witch doctor stuff, then goes back home.

In fact the mage is investigating, putting on a little show, and then goes back to their demense in their hut so they can work their magic in peace and figure out the mystery.

Most of the heavy action happens outside the villages.

The villages also have protections well beyond their mages. The potters (that's why I mentioned them last thread) weave supernal/magic words into amulets and pottery to protect the villages. People have amulets in their hut foundations, amulets at the edge of the village, amulets they carry on them, etc etc.

So the villages themselves stay safe because they are warded, protected, and watched. They all band around the fires because the fire keeps just plain dickish 5000BCE animals at bay.

But that also means that Fire Spirits love humanity in this time, and in the spirit the villages are defended by fire spirits on top of all the mage wards and potter wards.

The Watchtowers were erected in the pre-history of Atlantis.

Which means that they're likely adaptive, and our perception of them is either coloured by whichever symbols we can parse, and currently exist on our timeline, or the less likely possibility that the Oracles are busy constructing them as time progresses.

tl;dr
Watchtowers were last thing that occured in the pre-history.
So in our current iteration of the universe, they've always existed.

In other words DaveB is a hack as demonstrates

See the problem is that Atlantis was retconned out of existence (not literally. But like, it falling means that as far as history is concerned, it didn't exist).

So that might mean that for the supernal as well, while it did exist (and the markers in the realms are a sign of that), they didn't exist at that time because atlantis didn't.

Are Mages stronger in the Sundering? I recall that Supernal magic is in decline in current times and that it was more potent in the past.

By the rules, no.

There are also more mages as a percentage of the population.

What is your favorite Fera?

Platypus

Now user, no one likes power gamers who abused weird splats.

>I thought the Watchtowers weren't actual things?
Yeah, but in the same way that the Supernal isn't an actual place. They exist, but we just interpret them as Watchtowers. The towers appear differently to different people anyway, iirc.

How likely is it for a hunter to change conspiracies? Obviously if you defect from Cheiron to join Valkyrie, you'd have issues, but could you move between VASCU and Valkyrie?

Depends did you suck off a mage?

Ok which one of the splatfags does this look like?

High wyrd wood elemental or wizened changeling.

Firetouched werewolf (Forsaken propagandist's impression)

Life mage who fucked around a little to much
Or those bad guy promethians, whatever those are called
Possibly devient, let's find out

Alright guys my group happened to piss off our ST by never sticking to his narratives and making his job harder during our DtD campaign. So for this one he is just making it combat heavy. Apparently our characters pissed off an archmage ;which obviously represents our ST , so he has decided to send all sorts of supernaturals to hunt us anything from werewolf alpha packs to newly awakened mummies. Never made a demon built for combat so which exploits and embeds should I be looking at?

>doubt

What?

Oh, not even a Loud Demon is going to do anything to an Archmage.

I hope for your sake the Archmage is merely a troll.

>Archtroll

We aren't fighting the archmage the whole reason he is using the other splats because he isn't allowed to interact directly. It's just a shitty reason for why we have to fight woofs beasts and mages and stuff

Sundered world is fucking shit. Matriarchal societies never fucking existed. Call me pol all you want but archeology tells the truth. The only matriarchal mammalian societies in nature are ones where either males are absent since they leave on their own like elephants or the females are bigger and more aggressive like hyenas

It's a world of darkness, user

>woman ruled world
Truly a World of Darkness

Merciless Gunman
Just Bruised
Check Backdrop
Hellfire
Stop.
Pick up Rivet Gun, Inhuman Reflexes, Reapers Breath, Plasma Drive and Wound Healing.
Congrats you win every fight unless you're up against a cheese build Mage, Werewolf or Geist.

Wait what? Sundered World is a fucking femdom?

>Society with no rulers
>Just old women who give elder advice
>MUH FEMDOM!

>implying old men don't also give advice

>No multiversal antenna
>No Amphorous form
>No Deathgrip
>No Show of Power
Try again and apply yourself user before giving build advice.

Feminists tend to disregard history in relation to past societies.

That said, I don't think the intent of Sundered World was due to that.

This is... Bizarre...

Is that just one tribe or some such? Or is it all matriarchal fanfiction?

Shit, I'd listen to what some old hag had to say if not listening meant I'd wake up with a ghost snake in my bed. No, officer, no metaphor here.

Fucking hilarious, that.

Thanks, exactly what I said.
>No aristocracy
>No Chieftains
>Elder guides

They have matrilineal families, which have existed in the real world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_matrilineal_or_matrilocal_societies

It isn't some woman telling everyone what to do. They are just given the utmost respect, and their wisdom is generally followed. But since no one rules the villages of The People, you could just be like 'naw, I'm doing this instead'. The worst you get is bird poop all over your hut.

>Muh SJW boogeyman!

>not taking Terrible Form merit to get sicker Demonic Form
>not getting fucking sight limited teleportation with Teleportation
>not taking Acidic Spit for versatile medium and melee range aggravated damage
>not taking wound healing to get regen only slightly worse than a woof
>not picking Mechanical Arms to ensure you can always grapple and acidic bite your enemies
>not getting Steel Frame to get rid of wound penalties
>not getting Show of Power
>not getting Knockout Punch
>not getting the fucking MOMENTUM
>not abusing the fuck out of the Victory at any Price
>not taking Breaking the Dam just because it is metal as fuck

You can make a demon form that can take a werewolf in hand to hand. And possibly win. Fuck, you can make a hybrid that will deal aggravated damage at long, medium and melee range at the char-gen.

True matriarchies have never existed
You will get railed for saying it though

Dumb topic

In light of the most ridiculous, left-wing, radical feminist intersectional nonsense that's been published by WW and OPP, if that small, likely historically accurate, bit from Sundered World bothers you so, you really need to calm down, get some perspective and stop looking for problems.

It's accurate in a sense, from what I've gathered. If a bit silly.

I think someone is just actually reading Sundered World. You can tell because whenever they get to certain sections of it, they make a troll post related to what they are finding.

>If xer zher or zhe bothers you instead of normal wod shit than you have problems

First I am reading it because the thread suggested to reading it and secondly my posts aren't troll posts numale

>Wikipedia

Either you are purposely reading stuff wrong to troll, or you're too stupid to live. Your choice. Because seeing an entry about elder women who guide villages and going OH NO MATRIARCHIES! is literally retarded.

geist info when

I wonder if I can translate my 1e character seamlessly to 2e

no

Is your character a reaper? Does zhe specialize in boneyard? If so prepare to get triggered

yes

Can you read above a junior high school level?

OPP and WW books are rife with ridiculous left-wing, radical feminist tropes and similar garbage, including the offensive sidebar from Moral Remains, but not everything in the books is such drivel. Don't look for problems. There's enough real material to criticize and mocl.

The section of Sundered World is not offensive or political, and reflects historical accuracy. Get a grip.

If you're "triggered" by anything depicting female leadership in any capacity, you're either a troll looking for problems, totally ignorant of history, or just the type of ridiculous misogynist that actually makes the nutty OPP SJW's look reasonable.

You sir are in for a long night cry wanking into a mirror if you think you'll seamlessly convert from 1e to 2e.

>seamlessly

Fucking no.

It will be painful for them, but maybe they will get a playable character for a playable splat. So that would be a plus.

Unlike interest in White Wolf's booth at Gencon.

KEK

The only way white wolf is ever gonna get any interest is if they tease a VtMB sequel

They've fucking ruined themselves. It's all their fault, really.
So much pretentious 90s bullshit.

They don't know how to properly bring back past decades back to the forefront, and now they're suffering for it.

Serves them right.

Wait, white wolf is still a thing separate from OP?
....what do they even write?

crap

WW resurfaced really.

They own the owod stuff.

Shit about dogs n cats.

No joke.