Admech Thread: Codex Release party!

Brothers and Sisters REJOICE!

The Machine God has heard our binaric prayers, and bestowed upon us the greatest gift of all! A codex! No longer shall the barbaric Imperial Guard bully us and call us cogheads!

In celebration, and in honor of the machine spirit, transmit your favorite data pics. I shall begin the auditory recreation track.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=F4eccPBFEjE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jb8J1zx2Lrg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No longer shall those disgusting fleshlets touch our machinefus!

Wowzer

Admech a GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=Jb8J1zx2Lrg

You steampunk faggots need to fuck off to warmachine

Didn't expect it to come so soon, I'll admit. Maybe AdMech are getting some favour this edition if they put us ahead of DA and BA. Of course Fires of Cyraxus would be nice, but hey, small steps.
Speaking of, would it be a bit early to start buying bits of FW Mechanicum for if/when FoC drops?

Glad for you guys. AdMech has one of the most unique and interesting aesthetics in the setting. And it's not yet more fucking Marines, which is always a plus.

Piss off Imperial Cuck; and tell that Slut of Battle she needs to fuck off as well

Dumping Admech art

>REEEE, CHARINES GET OUT

Yes, all cables and wires carry steam.
Someone was grown on a feral world.

As a fellow Admech player I would point out to you that we are Imperials as well. Furthermore I thank you not to speak poorly of my good friend and Waifu the Canoness.

So is this gonna include FW stuff too? Because I've got some Thallax and Castellax that are absolutely going to waste right now in normal games. And a couple old RT-era robutts that I'd love to throw in too. Nothing says "paragon of metal" like a model made of actual metal.

The Cult Mechanicus has binding treaties with the Imperium of Man, but technically is a distinct political entity for those who want to be autists about it.

And this faction is nothing but autists.

A proper one? Not split into Skitarii and Techpriests, but combined?

Neat. Let the sucrasol flow!

fw stuff will be in fw books as always m8.

Well, they could make 40k models for them, isn't that what they've done with Blight Drones?

I would argue that the Cult Mechanicus is not in fact a distinct political entity. it is one of the Adeptus, the semi autonomous orginizations that make up much of the Imperiums structure but are ultimately only answerable to themselves. The Adeptus Mechanicus has a seat on the High Lords, they are part of the governing body, same as the other Adeptus.

It's Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii, and Questor Mechanics (mechanicus-alligned Knights)

it is never too early to buy the titan guards.

So proper Knights. Sounds pretty good.

Yeah, I'm still a little salty about them cutting Knights away from the Mechanicus. It was a neat part of their story.

Mechanicus*. Auto correct is a dick.

But the Machine Cults of Mars were indeed asked by the Emperor to aid him, not actually forced. They signed the Treaty of Mars that makes the Mechanicus self-governing and autonomous but allied with the Imperium.

The way the article on the Community site was phrased, it sounds like they're having Imperial and Mechanicus Knights as separate entities, so, 3 different Knight armies (Imperialis, Mechanicus, Hereticus)

Yes, they are *de facto* part of the Imperium. But by the strictest legal definition, Mars is not subservient. They own their own territory.

Granted, this may have changed in newer fluff - I kinda stopped reading all the updates when they made the Iron Hands codex-compliant - but up until 6th, it was a fact of fluff. The Emperor gave the AdMech autonomy, so long as the conditions of their treaty were met.

I'm just trying to figure out when we get GuillamEnd Times rules so I can stop using the objectively inferior rules for my objectively superior murderfrogs.

Except unlike the others, they have a Treaty that points out specifically that they are their own self-governing body.

Really, I'd say the Mechanicus is independent up until they actually try and be independent.

If they start trying to ignore the Imperium, then they're going to find all those shipments of supplies to their worlds stopping.

T. Salty Tau.

Yeah, that's true both ways. The one cannot exist without the other. But we aren't talking the realities of the situation. We're talking about the view from the mind of an aspie. The kind of aspie who would play AdMech and then go all "normies get out reee" to the Imperium. To that kind of mind, the distinction makes all the difference.

Actually Mars tells the rest of the Imperium to piss off pretty regularly (and vice versa). For example, Mars worlds are exempt from the tithe of personnel for the Imperial Guard.

If anyone's not yet reads the article, here's the relevant part

What is the oldest piece of tech the admech have and why is it a copy of Doom II?

Seriously though, what IS the oldest example of working human technology in 40k that the Imperium has locked away?

Probably an Archaeotech Laspistol, but in terms of most powerful old stuff it's most likely system-destroying superweapons like the thing that turns off stars or the Arks Mechanicus from the DAoT that can one-shot entire fleets when fully enabled.

I'm not talking powerful, just old, and bonus points for innocuous, like a rice cooker. Some stub guns look like 1911's and revolvers so obviously such designs have survived.

Heavy stubber is literally the M2HB machine gun, so

Is the codex for both 30 and 40k?

Will I finally be able to field a Legio Cybernetica army in 40k without autists getting their panties in a wad?

It's probably something simple but important then, like an heirloom watch or one of the Mars rovers that got put in a museum.

Sounds like just 40k. We have to wait for the next FW release to bring 30k shit into 40k.

A spork the last archaeo-spork, and from that humble spork every guardsman in the Imperium can enjoy forking AND spooning their meals.

>steampunk
You are aware of what those two words mean together correct?

Wooooooo everyone board the party mechanibun!

Really hoping for some vanguard snd ranger buffs!

*mechanibus
Damn buns, clouding my heart when it is machine time.

> mechanibun
Sounds like a qt3.14 tekno-waifu. Sign me up.

The Treaty of Olympus did indeed join the Mechanicum and the Imperium as two allied states (with the Emperor-as-Omnisiah at their head), meaning they were not subservient.

However, the Treaty of Olympus was superseded during the Binary Succession - with Kalbor Hal's betrayal and Zagreus Kane being declared Fabricator General there were then 2 Fabricator Generals. Techpriests being as autistic as they are, only one could be legitimate.

With that problem (and a Titan Legion issue) the Loyalists sought aid, legitimacy and representation in the Council of Terra, requesting to become an Adeptus and have an official seat. Kane's ambassador faced vicious resistance both from fellow Tech-Priests and Adeptus Terra members (who thought it was a Mechanicum power grab), including an assassination attempt by several Magos. In the end, thanks to the direct aid of Kane and an act of intimidation by the Legio Ignatum (because when you need someone into agreeing with you, a titan legion is pretty handy, and in a senate hall that can hold a million people you can use a titan to get your point across), ambassador Vethorel was successful in having the Mechanicum's status changed, creating the Adeptus Mechanicus and thus binding it to imperial law.

>mechanibus
Bus, train, whatever

If we're talking like a singular working example of technology it's probably something like a stasis-preserved antique flintlock or grandfather clock, the kinda heirloom type stuff you'd expect to find in a museum.

Well, they've already got Kastelans you could represent with Castellax miniatures.
Maybe they'll introduce Konquerers and Krusaders which you could then represent with Domitars and Voraxes

HAHAHA suck it separatist fags, I was right.

no the're 2 different things, "greater blight drones" are in imperial armor index

what youre talking about is a "bloat drone" real big difference

wtf is that model

when are 40k codexes ever for 30k also?

So they're different variations on a theme, along with the Vultarax; comparable to the Castellan, the Castellax, and the Kastelan.

Galvanic servo-haulers. 40k's answer to cranes.

>AdMech are Imperials
Only technically and not really. For all intents and purposed the Adeptus Mechanicus is its own entity which is why it doesn't have to follow the Imperial Cult, as well as why they police themselves.

>canoness waifu
The Adeptus Mechanicus hates the Ecclisiarchy and will actively sabotage then if they can get away with it.

I never argued that the Mechanicus should leave the Imperium, only that the Mechanicus does not like having the rest of the Imperium dip their fingers into internal Mechanicus affairs, more so than any other organization.

On a whole, the Ad Mech are far more different than the average Imperial than any other Imperial faction. Sure, they are still technically human, but their goals, faith, motives, armies and pretty much everything of theirs is seperate.

m-maybe loyalists will get dual avenger knights?

I do remeber some fluff somewhere that a Magos has a Wooden Desk in stasis that was made back when earth had trees (to actually say earth had trees / brag). Also someone probably has some WWII / III gear. That is probably up there, but to be fair the Imperium / Mechanicus counts in Centuries, I am not sure if they care (or know how to differentiate) about a few hundred years.

I still hope that one day for Dark Mechanicus will rise.. I'm not even into chaos but I would love to see some crazy heretech stuff.

>Doom 2

Only because no copies of Doom survived the Age of Strife

In the mean time, enough talk of Succession and autism. Lets get some alternative models on the field to work as "Unorthodox" Forgeworlds. A personal favorite of mine is the Tech Priest Domina from Wargame Exclusive. A nice, female and more humanoid Dominus

What can I say Magos, I'm weak to the temptations of the flesh, and what perfect flesh it is...

> about to be disgusted
> read filename
0 out of 2 indeed.

"Don't talk to me, my son, my grandson, my great grandson, great great grandson, or my great great great grandson ever again!"

Oh by the Omnissiah... At least keep your eccentricities inside the priesthood and take an apprentice.

Magos the body is but a machine made of flesh, and the human form the perfect template as laid down by the machine god. I defy you to find a more well maintained and perfect example of the female form. If it be Heresy then let me be censured by the Priesthood, nevertheless I will stand by my convictions that to appreciate the work of the Omnissiah in the flesh is pure.

>Inb4 undergo the right of pure thought Heretek

I pursue perfection in my own manner, as is my right as an an Adept of the Machine God.

Also

>just take an apprentice and then take advantage of her

I'm not so pathetic as you Magos, I'm capable of obtaining a partner without resorting to such measures. To so abuse my position in the Priesthood would be beneath my dignity.

>A priest actively refusing to so abuse his position
Never thought I'd see the day...

Some of us take our devotion to the machine god seriously Magos. It is a holy calling. I will not sully it by using my sacred authority for something as inconsequential and physical pleasure.

Sorry, but I'm not the Magos. Just a bystander, wondering where the Ecclesiarchy went so wrong.

I'm going to refrain from commenting, as the last time I brought up this issue I found myself banned from my paramours chambers for some time and I am not eager to be so again after having only recently managed to regain entry, but I understand you're concern citizen. Have you considered devoting yourself to the omnissiah?

The skull of Nicola Tesla.

Already devoted to the Emperor, sorry. And yes, I'm well aware that the Omnissiah's just an aspect of the Emperor, but I'm just going to go with what's familiar.

I just hate how the Ecclesiarchy's gone to shit.
Hail the Redeemer! May we all find redemption, after forcing it on our enemies!

> ATTENTION BROTHERS AND SISTER! I, ARCHMAGOS BELISARIUS CAWL, SHALL BE HENCEFORTH ONLY BE REFERRED TO AS ARCHMAGOS BELISAURUS CAWL! FOR I AM VERY HUGE! THAT IS ALL!

>yfw Fires of Cyraxis finally comes out and you can drive up one of these babies to your opponent and vomit 20 Electro-priests right on top of their unit for a tiny charge distance

>Fires of Cyraxis
>comes out
Pick one.

Well, we're the first non-Marine force to get a Codex, so...

Yeah and thats quite nice but forgeworld appears to be basically dead after Bligh. Which is sad.

Not sure how many of all of these we'll get - I'm a little skeptical about the infantry personally - but yeah, the Admech breaking out some Heresy-era toys is going to be fun.

Course you can just fill the rape-train with rad missiles instead

These guys should show up at least, the Auxilia Myrmidon hasn't gone anywhere

Well, given that the Kastellax with chainfists is still just another Castellan variant, if you get one you should get the other. Then again, GW is being very, very shitty about things they don't have models for >right now

Not so sure about pic related though - the "build a transport" unit it represents (which can also 100% be a land raider, except you get to choose the guns) might be a bit over-optioned for 8th - in the HH book it really is pick and mix, but I don't know I'd expect that to survive.

Knights on the other hand will probably have a field day with all their different types

Also dumping oldmeme techpriests.

Heretek Bosoms

The robutts will be fine I think

I think things will get loud though, as pic related makes a lovely big showpiece (is there one in that giant Admech vs Tau diorama?

I like the admech-specific/linked knights, shame they're not so good (from what I recall)

I need to check up on Mr. Culexus again, keep forgetting he exists despite one of my better Navy buddies being one of the characters in this drawing...

Radioactive snek automata