Have you ever done a session stoned before? What was it like?

Have you ever done a session stoned before? What was it like?

>WEED LMAO XD

We don't need a thread about this every day.

My party smokes up all the time and I've never noticed a difference besides more conversations about game logic.

One was like a normal session. Another, we fought Smurfs.

Nope.

But I did run a 2nd Ed campaign while drunk for almost 3 years straight playing 2-3 times a week.

Multiple players told me it was the best game they were ever in. I have damn near 200 pages of notes on it and I self published a novel based on it on Smashwords and sold nearly 200 copies of it.

Never before and never again was I so successful as a DM.

I was unfortunately anxious the entire session. Usually it just makes me chill or happy but damn, that was awful.

What the fuck, please tell us a story.

Stop making these threads.

Sometimes. I usually forget 30-50 percent of the pertinent details though

I played a short game of DnD with all my high school stoner friends

it didn't end properly because we all go to different schools and it was basically just an excuse to do something while smoking weed but it definitely has me more interested in trying to play an actual campaign

Since I prefer to game sober I don't smoke during the session but the rest of the group does. It affects each person differently. The GM has no discernible difference between being high or not and is able to run a game properly. The rogue dude begins to babble if you let him and always seems to be on the verge of running out of breath. The mage begins to snooze around midnight without fail. The fighter is your typical half baked dude with dumb stoner ideas in game. I end up being the rules lawyer because I'm sober and the GM says 'user, your sober look this up for me'

We pretty much always smoked weed before a session, did so for about 6 years of games. Also had a 'mid sesh' to smoke more weed halfway through the session.

We were all hardened stoners so it didn't effect the game - just made it more enjoyable.

Nowadays I can't smoke weed anymore and its just as fun, while 2 of the other guys sometimes smoke, sometimes don't. It doesn't really make a difference to the game playing.

Main thing that seems to make a difference is alcohol - beers are fine, but spirits can make people too loud or just not comprehend that they should relax for a bit and let other people do stuff.

I second that a story would be appreciated.

Playing over online, I would occasionally a bowl or two before sessions. Nobody noticed honestly, and it felt easier for me to get into my character and roleplay.

I noticed that things were getting more cinematic and over-the-top when I DM'd stoned than why I DM'd normally (most players were also stoned). Funny thing is while I stopped smoking ten years ago, the only time when I still smoke cigs is either when I'm extremely drunk or when I'm DMing a combat sequence. Otherwise I cannot stand the smell of tobacco.

Lady Libery taught me that winners...don't use drugs.

My players and I smoke the entire session. Typically, 2 blunts and 5-8 bowls through my bong between the 4 of us and my wife over a 5 hour period. If you're an everyday smoker, there's no real difference in gameplay other than the time it takes to do things and how much you'll eat.

tl;dr 420blazeitsmokeweedeveryday

That sounds awful.

It makes it hard to concentrate so it didn't go well, but those campaigns were pretty shit anyway desu.

When I was a fledgling DM, I had one session where one of my players fed a bandit captain a roasted dick. The captain was okay with it and ultimately led the party to take out his boss, who they had been contracted to kill by local authorities.

Stoners (who totally aren't addicted) can't go 5 minutes without referencing it in any way shape or form.

Lady Liberty is a French whore given to you as a gift to annoy the English.

I smoke before and during so I don't lose my shit with meta gaming PC's and 'Loud: the Soundtrack '

lmao HIGH elf

Fun but dumb.
We were playing Out of the Abyss with serious characters we made before. It didn't go full meme until one of the guys tried playing charades for JoJo Stands/Characters with me

A French Lady that does not partake in drugs?

Yet another proof America doesn't know France very well...

Can confirm, going to Amsterdam in a few weeks with The Lads and I'm all "Lets see the hague and the museums and-" "NOPE WEED LET'S JUST DO WEED"

Never smoked weed in my life, but I've both run a plenty of games for drunk people and played a lot of games while being drunk.

It was pretty fun, especially when everyone was hammered enough to have problems with speaking, but still sober enough to make some sort of sense.

t. slav

You're that one annoying friend in the group that's anti-fun and kills the vibe for everyone else because you can't handle your dope or you're too pussy to give it a proper go.

It never cease to amaze me how stoners will tell you they have no addiction problems, while smoking 4th blunt that hour.

user, there is a simple solution - you take a tour through the city, they get to the coffee shop, everyone is happy.
That's how I deal with my trip to Amsterdam. I went sight-seeing, remaining trio stayed for entire day in the coffee shop. The next day the story repeated and it was one of the better sight-seeing in my life, because it was made fully in my pace, and going to see places I want to see for exactly as long as I wanted to.

What to ask more?

In my party, me and two other guys like to smoke up each session, while the other two usually prefer to remain sober or get drunk. It's been like that for years, and we never ran into any issues.

Yes, things went slower than usual and we were more prone to getting sidetracked, in and out of game.
Make sure to do it with everyone stoned, otherwise the odd one out can be a bit of a buzzkill

as a player it's pretty good, as a GM, i feel like i'm being incompetent and overwhelmed.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

i smoke on and off all the time.
a few weeks of daily smoking followed by a few months of none at all, a occasional joint at a party, then again nothing for weeks or months.
You can't really call it quitting, more like stopping.
If you told me right now i can never smoke again for the rest of my life, i would be a bit sad but i would mostly shrug it off.
i know what addiction feels like, i have gone from 10 years of heavy tobacco smoking to non smoker over night. that is hard to do.
not smoking weed? easier than not drinking coffee.
weed is so physically non addictive, it is almost ridiculous.

whats the name of this eroge

There's more truth to this than some want to admit, but it's not the same type of addiction as heroin or meth.

Being "addicted" to weed is more akin to being addicted to coffee. You're not going to start breaking windshields and grabbing change out of the astray, suck dick in a back alley, or kill someone's mother during a robbery to get your next bowl.

There are kids who talk about nothing but weed, think about nothing but weed, and do nothing but smoke weed, and I know, because I used to be one of them.

It really is a wonderful substance, but too much of it will rot your brain and destroy your motivation, and that's the truth.

What's the novel?