Ideas for characters you're not sure are good or bad

>Druid dedicated to balance between law and chaos, but his order does not see good and evil as quantifiable concepts requiring balance, so he tries to be as good as possible
>Westaboo samurai who refused to commit a massacre on orders of his daimyo, fled to the West where he marvels at the relative cultural diversity and technological progress, and looks back upon his home country with disappointment and sadness
>Blackguard who seeks atonement for his sins, utilizing dark power to do so; his god keeps trying to tell him that he's already earned it, he can stop being edgy now, you earned redemption after the first twelve towns you saved, goddammit

Other urls found in this thread:

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Geb_(person)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>necromancer who keeps raising the dead to fight off an evil wizard because he thinks the evil wizard "is a dick" and no other reason

lel so wacky and raNdOm XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD upvoted

>Human body builder pugilist who is earning money for his adoptive half orc sister by traveling from town to town to make money for her (occasionally doing performance art flexing for show). Kind of dim and impulsive, despite being supremely committed to his sister's well-being.

>Dwarf cook who is committed to uncover new recipes by sampling different monsters of the lands. favours brandishing an oversized butcher knife he obtained from an ogre during a cooking competition that turned violent. Dislikes drink with food because it masks true flavour.

not supposed to be serious, really, its just a dude who is immature and uses his powers in an immature manner, that shit might happen

> Half orc or orc sorcerer who got his powers after his tribe champion solo'd a dragon and everyone in the tribe ate dragon meat. Sorcerer is kicked out of the clan and is told he can only come back 'after he gets some worldly experience'

As player: harder to take pay attention or take notes, more fun the scheme, more fun to get into character

As DM: stressful, do not recommend

>Drow male, fed up with matriarchy flees to the surface to found a place where male Drow can rule.
>Human warlock in a pact with a devil. Formed pact out of desperation to save family farm from bandits. Cast out by family for making a fiendish pact and using "witchcraft"

>religious character (cleric/paladin/whatever) that worships an unknown god. Performs rituals/prayers but doesn't completely understand them. Eventually will learn who this god is or what happened to them as they seem to be one of the few worshippers of said god.

>Necromancer (Wizard) Archaeologist. Just wants to travel and do his thing trying to find/dig up old stuff that he can put in his city's/town's museum. Went into necromancy for the convenient free labor for digging/carrying things and that the dead know the most about old stuff most of the time so chatting with someone from the time period of the *insert archaeological find* was found helps with dating/accuracy of it.

A Bard who's talents lie in cooking as well as song. He lost his sense of taste after a bargain with dark powers, and now seeks the perfect dish that even he can taste.

Possibly funnier in person, but from just this blurb I'd say it's shallow and ironic shallowness isn't very interesting.

These are reasonably different and have clear, realistic, motivations. I like them.

Don't understand how this would work, to be honest. Where is he getting these instructions from? And more importantly, why is he following this god to begin with? Seems like work for the DM too.

Human, bard grew up living off the streets, got enough money to see a fortune teller, tells him his true love is a princess, and will marry her. Seeking out anything that's related to royalty, named "princess".

the black guard one could be amazing if roleplayed well, do it OP

A warlcok/paladin who made a pact with a demon under the belief that it was a god, not a demon.

> A gruff assassin with a scar over his right eye and some five o'clock shadow. Also hangs out in the darkest corner of the tavern and refuses to cooperate during the initial team meet up scene.

Male drow, trained up as an assassin, slays the matron of a rival house, discovers target was his mother... he was sacrificed (third child - as per uge) but survived, and his original family have been hunting him - believe his life is an abomination unto Lolth- blaming his survival for their misfortune. (Their misfortune being brought upon by my incredibly elaborate plan to assassinate the family one by one, not knowing they were my own family when I started) upon success and the discovery of the truth he returns to report/ confront his mistress only to discover she not only knew, but intended to eliminate him as well to secure the downfall of the family. Violence of course ensues, but before he is killed by her hand she is slain by a vengeful wood elf ranger who has tracked her companion animal to this house. Needing to lay low while the heat dies down and to give the bards time to spread the word, he pretends to enact a life debt and see the wood elf "safely" back to her home.
(Was the backstory/ excuse for why my drow would adventure on the surface)

>FUCK HOW DO I GET THIS ELF TO NOT KILL ME
>WAIT, I'LL MAKE SOMETHING UP
>"Drow life debt! Drow life debt!"
>'...Is that a thing?'
>"totally a thing lets get the fuck out of here now"

I like the concept well enough, but how would you execute him? Does he constantly get pissed at the team for kicking open ancient doors and bumbling through historical sites?

Or is he more like the crazy dino-bone hunters from the 30's who were all rivals and made shit up / destroyed artifacts / stole other people's finds in the name of fame and glory?

Fuck the second one sounds fun and way easier to fit in with a murder hobo party.

>Gun Adept in Shadowrun
>Celtic Elf
>Dhool wields pistols
>is dark and edgy
>the twist is he's a complete chuuni dork, it's impossible to take him seriously
>he's basically Reaper
>has the Incompetent: Intimidation disadvantage because he can't scare anybody
>he just wants to be hardcore but nobody will let him reee

>Druid dedicated to balance between law and chaos, but his order does not see good and evil as quantifiable concepts requiring balance, so he tries to be as good as possible

Yawn.

>>Westaboo samurai who refused to commit a massacre on orders of his daimyo, fled to the West where he marvels at the relative cultural diversity and technological progress, and looks back upon his home country with disappointment and sadness

Aside from swallowing the (((diversity))) blue pill, honestly not bad.

>>Blackguard who seeks atonement for his sins, utilizing dark power to do so; his god keeps trying to tell him that he's already earned it, he can stop being edgy now, you earned redemption after the first twelve towns you saved, goddammit

Truly awful, high school tier.

>Character who is one of the main characters from an alternate timeline who travelled back in time and steered everything in the direction it's been going, because despite everything that's happened, the alternative was far worse.
Planning on introducing him at the point where he initially traveled back in time, so he's basically going forward blind and needs the other character's help.

>Aside from swallowing the (((diversity))) blue pill
Do you honestly expect anyone to take your opinions seriously?

And why should anyone care about yours?

I know you want to think you belong here, but you need to go back to r*ddit. Only people that were here before 2008 have valid opinions.

>World of Darkness character
>6'2''
>Black trenchcoat
>Black t shirt with skulls on it
>Long greasy black hair
>Chains and belts everywhere
>Speaks in perpetual death growl
>Stats heavily put in STR and CHA

>Nicest person possible
>Volunteers at soup kitchens and outward bound programs
>Builds houses for homeless
>Takes care of sick animals at vet
>All with a permanent death metal scowl

Fights monsters so that kids can sleep well at night

(i've had this idea for a while, what do you think Veeky Forums)
A skilled wizard who lost his/her child to a disease.
Keeps the body, the wizard went into a great depression, slowly started to lose his/her sense of ethics/sanity and started to study necromancy.

The wizard reanimates the corpse and believes that their child is alive again. The wizard acts and talks to the corpse as if it was a living child. (does little to cover up the rotting flesh and smell)

I plan to play the wizard with the same personality as Bob Ross (super kind and positive but sense sadness behind the smile).

Anything you guys can think to add?

>Up and coming prizefighting dualist who takes on adventuring work when the money runs dry. Dual rapier fighter, flashy and ill-suited to dungeon crawling but useful for her ties to local nutcase druids
>Warcrier/bard dwarf from a war-heavy clan. Out in the world to find his missing father and take his skin and/or finger bones for the clan drum he is entrusted with
>Airsoul hexblade warlock adventuring to earn fame and recognition with the elemental side of the family and eventually edge out pure elemental cousins for inheritance
>Edgelord CE dwarf monk. A cannibal in service to a mid-tier demon who focuses on beating things to death and then eating them in his masters name. Would argue for minor snowblake bonuses after consuming the hearts of major plot foes

>Only people that were here before 2008
Hi. Fuck niggers.

Half dragon elf who became a adventure to get away from her parents, who hate each other since their marriage fell apart and keep using her as a weapon against the other parent .

It's interesting. A self-hating hero who forces himself into more and more good deeds despite not needing to, channeling dark power and hating himself for that too, but trying to good SO BADLY.

He's a paragon of selfless and sacrifice for others, but is a deeply depressed man who believes that he deserves no happiness. Probably with depression or PTSD.

I love it.

That's a big hammer. I like it. Go on.

This first one has very little substance but I'm still enamored with it.
>Gnome and Goliath travelling duo named Goliath and David respectively.
>Warforged Bard who's sole driving force is an insatiable drive to observe and experience everything and who loves to share tales of his exploits with all who will listen. Speaks like an old-fashioned British explorer stereotype.
>Anti-mage/Mage Hunter who aspires to find a way to strip all magic users of their power as he is at heart a coward who fears the reality-bending powers of magic users.

That's like having a dwarf walking around named "Elf," I would rename them if I were you. The lack of Hebrew religion makes the names kind of pointless anyhow.

That's because it's an erp character toned down. She is an arrogant, ego bigger then her talent fighter whose made it as far as she has on showboating and natural talent. Now she's beginning to fight actually skilled opponents and learning a hard lesson in humility.

She needs the gold because she's not good enough to get free rides across the country, can't afford to be teleported and squanders most of her winnings on whores and hedonism. She's also less inclined to roam far because her uncle is a ranking druid in the area. From a fringe cult of lunatic storm-worshipping nutjobs who believe their calling is to get high as fuck in the woods, freak out in the summer thunderstorms and organise freakshow orgies. That she heads up the coast around the beginning of summer every year has started rumours that further undermine her as more then a meme.

she's eight parts ignorant to two parts bravado and dismissal

>Greek like philosopher who is also an olympian pugilist monk. He believes in the perfection of body and soul and trains his mind and fists everyday.
>Bronze warforged fighter with a perfectly sculpted, naked physique fighting with a hoplon and spear. He was a work of art that became sentient and is taking his supposed role of a fighter seriously.

>incarnation of ancient God who millenia ago decided to incarnate as mortal for fun. Lost all power, worshippers, and memory. The only thing left is that each incarnation seeks ruins and feels compulsion to explore, plus occasional flashbacks to previous lives. Gods attributes were key to unlock secrets, cloak of Shadows obstructing the secrets and a book of knowledge.

>artificial human created in ancient civilization. Was discovered by party of adventurers. He is a bit more durable than normal human, lacks understanding of how world works, and cannot cast magic at all. With dash of autism.

>magician. Stage magician using tricks in combat. Disappearing enemy weapon to make it reappear in friends hand just to stab someone. Tricks, illusions, with a dash of real magic.

>Lucid dreaming pally who is in his dream when his good dies. Due to shenanigans he remembers worshiping -something- where nobody else recalls the god existing. So now he wanders trying to remember what he served and manifesting minor powers through force of belief

>incarnation of ancient God who millenia ago decided to incarnate as mortal for fun. Lost all power, worshippers, and memory.

Have you by any chance read Small Gods by Terry Pratchett?

>Kobold Professional Dungeoneer
>Used to work primarily for monsters, but gets hired after meeting the party while fleeing some Bugbears, with whom he had a disagreement on the subject of exactly how much he and his late brothers would be paid.
>Rates are 1 Gold a Dungeon, and a surcharge of a 1 silver per secret doors found and traps disabled. Or something like that
>"Fights" by fleeing other monsters and using the local terrain to harm them.
>Like say, dropping a chandelier on a monster directly below him or the like

>An Elf Necromancer who started practicing the art after her beloved husband was assassinated due to polical reasons; first as a form of revenge, but realizing the wrongdoing of her actions after killing the assassin (who was just a tool in Other's hands), she decided to start using her magic to guide the souls of the deceased to the afterlife instead of enslaving them.

>A Raptoran Cleric who started journeying due to some prophetic dreams regarding incoming natural disasters, which he decided to investigate in order to bring balance. A rather carefree man, while he takes his duty seriously, he doesn't preach to much about it, and seeks help in those he deems capable and good at heart.

Well the reason my bullshit worked was only slightly more complicated than that, lol.
She needed a backstory / excuse for her animal companion ( because she wanted a Dire Fox and we sorta had to make one up... more on that later)
And since drow only keep creatures from the surface to "torture" (kill in impressively interesting ways) I set the thing loose and freed the newest slaves when I got back for the confusion.
She suggested her well trained Dire Fox would of also jumped in. She would of killed the Matron to protect her Fox, and bought my bullshit story if it saved them time getting the fuck out of the Underdark.
Like a lot of his hastily made plans he assumes everything has worked perfectly, and hasn't noticed it all collapsing around him

Ah hellfire there was this one screencap about atwist on the usual Necromancer thing, it was about the Caretaker I think?

All I remember is that the bodies were of ancestors who decided to stick around because reasons and that the title of Caretaker got passed from father to son.

Anyone have it by any chance?

Not pcs
>Married sorcerers that were deeply in love, decided to look into ways to make their love unending
>Start to corrupt the threads of life, end up becoming the first liches, their phylacteries are each other's ring
>See their undeath as renewing their vows essentially
>Being amoral wizards, they start raising other undead for fun/experiments
>"Hey, might as well put these corpses to use". Start expanding their spheres of influence via shows of force via their undead army
>One of the greatest threats to the world is from basically two skeletons boningl

Stereotypical blind monk with a chip on his shoulder about his blindness. sets out on his adventure to prove his whole monastery wrong.

Having someone uphold balance between order and chaos is a form of order, in my opinion.

>Druid
Upholding the order between order and chaos is, well, order. Imbalanced and poorly thought out.
>Samurai
Sure this is fine.
>Blackguard
Nonsensical and contrarian for the sake of it.

Fine, I guess, but very much a one-note concept

>Muh pugilist
What is it with Veeky Forums and pugilists, bodybuilders and luchadores?
Concept itself is okay.
>Muh cook
Jesus fucking christ, Veeky Forums, I know we're fa/tg/uys, but are you all really ruled by your stomachs, or just ripping off dungeon meshi?

Fine concept, but it seems a bit random he's just kicked out.

>DudeDrow
>Getting out of the underdark without a knife or five in the back, brain eaten, body eaten or angry svirfneblin fucking him up
>Founding a place where male drow can rule
>On the surface
You see why this isn't a super idea, right?
>Warlock
Fine if a bit edgy/cheap tragedy

>Worships an unknown god
>Still knows how to do the rituals
>Has any reason to worship said god
Confusing and 'creative' for the sake of being 'creative'

Sure, this is alright.

If I see one more culinary adventurer I'm going to scream

This is bad and you know it

TL;DR

2meme4me

I made the same character when I was 15, and even then it was as a joke.

This is both cliché and a bad one at that

>Duelist
Where'd the ties to druids come from?
>Bard
Not exciting, but fine
>Airsoul
Boring
>Monk
Kind of an interesting idea

Drop the half dragon thing and you've got something approaching a decent start

>Duo
No.
>Bard
Novelty'll wear out real fast
>Mage hunter
Decent starting point

>Monk
P. deece
>Pygmalion
Also pretty cool

>God
Nobody likes the secret godling
>Homunculus autisticus
Novelty wears off fast
>Magician
See above

One-note but fine

>Necromancer
Neat idea
>Cleric
Probably the one I like the most in the thread.

Paizo already did it:
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Geb_(person)

An ex-mercenary who worked and gambled enough to afford an expensive operation from a wizard to save his ailing wife's life. The asshole wizard bound her soul to the mercenary's favorite sword instead. Depressed, he drank and gambled the night away only to wake up and realize he bet his wife/sword and lost. Adventures to try and find the sword, kill the wizard and free his wife's soul.

Sneaky pragmatic Dawn whose previous incarnation was a Dawn who was an intellectual that disliked war

Thanks user, I haven't played the Necromancer yet so I don't really know how's going to be with the party, but the Cleric so far has been one of the bro-est chararcter I've ever played and I'm loving every second of it

>Priest of Umberlee who joined up with a pirate crew for his usefulness in keeping travel safe for the ship, as well as making the ship itself infamous as a bringer of storms. When some of the crew was killed in a storm, the captain blamed him and had him thrown overboard. Managing to survive and reach land only served to strengthen his devotion to Umberlee, who he believes spared him as useful to keeping people afraid of her, and he became a cleric of the Bitch Queen, bent on bringing wrath to anyone who thinks themselves above the tempest itself.

I'm stealing this I really like the concept will tweak it of course but well done. Hope you don't mind.

Dragon Half deserves a proper adaptation instead of just the OVA.
Now I want to play a bard / knight just like dick saucer for the sheer fun.

I think this could actually be a neat concept.
>Character can hear or feel the will of their god
>Becomes the founding prophet of a new/young/undiscovered god
>Everywhere they go they spread the word of their god
>Over time they write up the core holy book for their religion
>Eventually what starts out as a small cult in a few backwards villages slowly grows into a true religion propped up by the miracles of the prophet and the benevolent actions of the prophet

I like your idea user

>party face, but he has a stomach disease that causes chronic diarrhea, so he has to be so charming as to counterbalance the stench of his dook filled breeches

So, what, he tries to be good *because* he's a moral relativist? That's just dumb.

Not him, but my nigga.

Druid/Rogue-
Literal cat burglar. Uses wildshape to sneak into places and steal things, "reclaiming them for nature". Think Lupin with druid magic.

Druid
Urban druid. believes nature is fine but humanoid development is fragile and needs to be protected. Forests are eternal, but cities are fragile without maintenance. Janitor turned great adventurer.

Warlock - Cthulu Rangers
Otherworldly entity wants to eat our plane of existance. But it's going to take him decades/centuries to get here and there are doomsday plots all over. So to save the world (so it's full of life for him to eat) he recruits teenagers with attitude and gives them great powers to find dangers and stop them.
Every life saved is more food for the elder god later.

Warlock/Bard
Bladelock whose magical instrament is his spirit blade. Deathmetal-ist who uses his charisma to recruit his fans into his deathcult.
Think Metalocalypse but more magical.

>dislikes drink with food because it masks true flavor
Learn how enzymes interact. You don't want fat and oils sitting on your tongue occupying tastebuds. You want those fats/oils liberated so you can freshly taste them again in the next bite. Wine as a carrier of specific enzymes is a tool for liberating those fats/oils.
Wine is necessary for true flavor to be encountered more than once.

>lingering wine flavor
Wash with the correct water to remove the wine enzymes. Same as in wine tasting.