Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1693:Summon Pants With the Gacha Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Local Daughteru's Need Pants Badly

Man, that's even worse. Not being able to warp them was bad enough, but even portals won't work? That goes beyond "reasonable narrative limitations" and into absurdity. It's pretty much the equivalent of the airlock the hero throws the villain out of literally growing an arm and catching them. Not due to any ability or skill of the villain, but Deus ex Machina. If anything it's an anti-narrative clause.

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS

Please go away Echo.

Boogie Manimal
How strong is a week worth of charging Vs A Day Worth of shadow?

Fucking weebs.

She needs hugs more.

I genuinely feel like they designed a normal outfit for her and then stole her pants later. Its ridiculous.

Can I see some Trigun builds?

An option to pay to choose for your first cheat in Generic Isekai? Very important for companions.

If by ridiculous, you mean fantastic, then yes.

Japan has taught us that the one thing you don't do is let little girls do is wear pants.

So question time, I guess. Grand Order is coming along nciely (Got 4 perklines fluffed this morning, on track for finish a few days before end of the month) but I'm taking a break to work on something else so I don't get burnt out. Kakegurui is a reasonably short one but does bring up a question I'm curious about.

For a jump where there's only one origin (Student in the case of kakegurui), how do you feel about some tiers of perks (100s, 200s, 400s, etc you know what tiers are) having more options than others, given everyone can pick from the same pool? Do you like more choice being there? Prefer it to be condensed down to look neater? Wish hot dogs would only come with tomato sauce and not onion as well because of the mouth feel reduction?

Give us your thoughts.

muh master race

Trigun
Age 27

Background: Lawman (Free)

Perks:
Shoot to maim (Free)
Angel on your shoulder (200)
Blank Ticket (300)
Ultimate Splendor (600)
Under the sky So Blue (400)
Never Ending Song (Free)
Basic Firearms Training (Free)

Items:
Bullets (Free)
Badge (Free)
Jumper's Saloon (300)

Drawbacks:
Killing spiders to save butterflies (+400)
Gung-Ho-Guns (+300)
Skirt chaser (+100)

Basic build. Nice Saloon.

They key phrase is "stronger than you", presumably in relation to that sort of thing. So opening a portal under a mile-high giant to dump them into outer space wouldn't be a problem, but trying the same with a mile-high Galactus isn't likely to work.

If there's a different amount of perks in every tier, shouldn't we get more or less choices for discount on those tiers to reflect it?

If it's like Bloodborne with the whole one origin and one discount per tier' thing them as long as each tier is balanced, and you don't have one tier with only one or two options it should be fine even if the tiers have different numbers of perks.

What's this setting about, anyway?

Honestly prefer hotdogs with cheese and spicy bbq sauce, maybe with some fries on top if I'm having them with it.

More isn't less, it's more.

Also hot dogs should have both.

It should work, it just won't matter because Galactus doesn't care about being in space.

Crazy students gambling.

Nah. Having more choices doesn't mean you get to pick more of those choices, just means you get more things to choose from. Like how having more than one perk tree doesn't automatically mean you get discounts on all the perk trees.

Oh yeah, all the tiers at least have 5 options, it's just that some go to 8 or 9 perks.

Gambling school. Prestigious academy where pretty much everything is decided by gambling. It's lots of fun. Great art, fun gambling events and funny characters.

>You can still easily get multiple cheats, and you get four free companions with cheats of their own.
Ok, if cheats are 400 CP now, I'd remove the one cheat limit from companions.

I'd also make Races or Backgrounds relevant Cheats Discounted for them. (So they are the old 200 CP price) Everyone still get a free roll or choice of discounted cheat like before. This also helps cheats match your origins better.

>Protagonist's Luck
>Noble
I'd have Luck be the one that lets you pick the random cheat roll (since it is the one that actually makes you lucky), and Noble just give a discount on any cheat of choice (to represent the privileges of the privileged).

>Bag of Coins
a enough for a couple months food and lodging in a cheap Inn is not really a lot of money. I'd have it be replenish monthly instead of yearly. It's basically economy Room and Board.

Since you _are_ messing up builds, a bit higher drawback limit and a couple more drawback options would help smooth them out.

>The idea that you think your personal decision to post builds in thread matters to literally anyone is fucking hilarious.
user, talk about the Isekai Jump in the thread was basically nonexistent for the 5 days before I posted a review and then a jump build. And no one had a hard on for taking a NerfBat to the Cheat prices before then. Then I posted the Cheaty McCheaterson, Cheating Bastard Who Cheats (A LOT) build and suddenly people started having a problem with the price.

If my personal decision to post a build didn't matter, then the price would have been addressed a week ago on the 15 when v1.1 was first posted, on not at all. But is not what happened.

And the price change may even be justified. That doesn't change the fact that my posting a build was apparently what made people aware of that fact.

Nice image

I meant "work" in the sense of succeed. But replace "open under" with "open inside" if you want to cover "work" in the sense of "something happens at all".

Well if you don't give more choices, then it's just going to feel lopsided. It doesn't end the world, but the design won't be as neat.

>Jump 21 - TRIGUN
Origin: Independent Plant

Perks:
-Never-Ending Song (Free)
-Love & Peace! (Free)
-Angel Arm (Free)
-Hard Puncher (Free)
-Technical Pacifism
-The Lowdown

Items:
-Donuts (Free)
-.45 Long Colt (Free)
-Insurance

Drawbacks:
-Killing Spiders to Save Butterflies [Mandatory]
-Gung-Ho-Guns Part 2 (+300)

Lucina:
-Origin: Lawwoman
-Never-Ending Song (Free); Shoot to Maim (Free); Blank Ticket
-Bullets (Free); Badge (Free); Constance Rifle

Eshe:
-Origin: Insurance Agent
-Never-Ending Song (Free); Work Hard Play Hard (Free); Second Job; Inconspicuous Carry; Shoot to Maim
-$$100,000 (Free)

This involved the permanent death of two of my Rogue's Gallery (The Steel Duke and Picasso) as of them joining Legato Bluesummers to strike directly at me. Katyusha Oktyabrskaya was a member of them, but then decided after the fifth mass slaughter that the money wasn't worth it and escaped on the Ratbatspider she'd tamed from Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs.

Sticky Fingers lost his stomach for the business and tried to warn me that they were abducting Lucina to use as bait for a trap, and helped me finish off Picasso and his beastmen slaves. It was then a final fight between me and The Steel Duke.

Culminating in me and Vash in an Angel Arm firefight against Knives.

This sounds like a job for all of JC's luck perks!

Generic Isekai has one, but where else are they hiding?

>If my personal decision to post a build didn't matter, then the price would have been addressed a week ago on the 15 when v1.1 was first posted, on not at all.

>assuming i am the center of the universe

Seriously?

Yeah, it was common knowledge in early threads to NEVER post your build in the thread if you didn't want the jump nerfed, because that was almost always the result. It's why nowadays build posting isn't that common for most.

Dude it's done get over it.

Or could it be that the constant upgrades/removal of limits to the cheats motivated people to talk about how the prices needed to be increased?

Like how most of the people mentioned that in their arguments? You're way too arrogant.

... I guess I should avoid this world. Imagine Breaker would be... Bad.

Franken fran has a top tier one. guy is a peak human and he comes back to life from being executed like three times out of shear luck.

Nah, it's common stupidity. Stop assuming you're that important.

NO BUT I'M THE ONLY REASON IT WAS CHANGED

NOBODY ELSE'S BUILDS. JUST MINE.

That wasn't me. I'm too busy concentrating on three different things to notice whether the OP has the link to the Discord.

user, you're in /jc/.

These people don't matter anywhere else. The idea that their build was specifically targeted for nerfing is something of an ego boost - probably the only one they've had in years.

How many people actually grabbed imagine breaker? What perks apart from toggle could help you to turn off its effects?

It's not over till the jumpmaker decides it is.

Are you fucking done painting everybody with the same fucking brush?

Also can you stop re-posting whatever jump you're talking about. It's unnecessary.

I mean its pretty easy

When jumps are nerfed in direct response to someone's build looking 'overpowered' or having too much to the author, then their build was the cause of the nerf, numbnuts. Stop assuming that jumpmaking decisions are made out of thin air.

If anything this repeated insistence that someone else doesn't matter kinda stinks of someone with self-esteem issues projecting them on other people and situations.

I only took it because that's what my roll ended up on. Post-jump it doesn't outright cancel all good luck perks, though they're barely effective outside combat.

Given that I rely more on my Xanatos Gambits than chance, it doesn't have any major effects on me beyond comedic value.

Stop assuming it was all because of you instead of the people actually arguing about the absurdity that was the Jump's prices after opening it up and seeing. Did you not think the updates and people constantly talking about the cheats wouldn't draw any curiosity on what the fuck was going on? Not everything is about you, jack ass.

Or an unhealthy amount of cynicism.

God knows you people give me plenty of reason to feel cynical.

He did.

> Although I really don't expect any more changes after this. The jump is in a good place now, finally.

>You
I wasn't the one to post a build, numbnuts. I was comparing user's situation to the situation in the early thread and why build posting mostly died.

>Grandfather Clause

NOT VALID REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

ouch, okay hold on, think I just cracked the voicebox.

*Gives bandage*

My objection is just that someone raises a complaint, and 25 minutes later SoftAnon goes through with it.
If it’s what he really wants, I can work with it, but it seems odd that after listening to opinions from everyone so much, they would do this without at least asking for a general show of opinion.

What's that user?
I didn't see you there.
IT'S HARD TO NOTICE YOUR POST WITH NO IMAGE.
MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE UPLOADED AN IMAGE.
POSTS WITH IMAGED GET MORE ATTENTION DON'T YOU KNOW.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Invalid REE. It's not done until we say it's done.

>someone raises a complaint, and 25 minutes later SoftAnon goes through with it
You haven't been paying attention to the discussion that's been going on every iteration of it, otherwise you'd know that the cost has been brought up several times.

What good does a general show of opinion do when almost everyone is anonymous anyway? It's better to to by the strength of argument and given you're complaining he didn't go by anonymous popular vote, it's a bit clear on who you think had the better argument.

Your comment about being fine with it if it's what he wants rings hollow too, given you're ignoring his statement that he agreed with the idea that things were too cheap.

Who was working on Eternal Darkness? I was pretty sure we had someone that was handling that.

How would imagine breaker work against unlimited blade works? Would the blades disappear or am I fucked?

Arguably, it would dissolve the entire Reality Marble.

Yeah, the blades would probably disappear. The problem is UBW can launch blades from anywhere within its world and you only have the one hand.

Nah, it's a continuously projected effect like Ignotius or whatever. It'd just dispel the area around it, not the entire thing.

Admittedly, this is true.
>you're ignoring his statement that he agreed with the idea that things were too cheap.
Actually it was in direct reference to it.

I don't think anyone would want that considering everything on Earth in Fate is basically a giant reality marble.

Because he agreed with it? It IS pretty bizarre given that those posters didn't bother to respond to him or his jump. Though I feel like the cheats should probably be buffed a bit more.

Well, no, people did respond to say they were happy it changed.

How can one gambling addicted psychopath be so best?

It's that Bami bloodline. The Prez is just as good.

Seriously, the bit in the tower where you just have the two girls getting on like best friends as they gamble for their lives is so great

>Wish hot dogs would only come with tomato sauce and not onion as well because of the mouth feel reduction?
Beef hot dog on a toasted bun with mustard and grilled onions. A best.

Gamble for their lives? What the hell?

Hot dogs go best with spicy chili and cheese. All other condiments go die.

Sonic get out, nobody invited you.

You see this is why potato would never work, jumpers might start interstellar wars with each other over what the best things to put on hot dogs are.

Another bloodborne style perkline? Interesting. Though a bit unfortunate for me personally, I have no business pretending to be a highschooler of any kind in any universe.
As for my thoughts, variety is always better but I prefer it to be spread evenly across the tiers.

There really are some nutbags for gambling. At several points, the series has characters get into life or death gambles. Sometimes these are fake outs, sometimes it's entirely for real. They're all really fun to watch, especially when a normal person gets stuck in with one of the crazies.

One of the best gambles was when Jyabami and Midori, two of the gambling crazies, get in a finger slicing gamble (Machine with holes you put your fingers in, guillotine connected to a strings and you need to cut one string each turn and hope yours doesn't drop the blade, if you pull your finger out of the holes, you lose) with a normal girl who is trying to psyche them out. The normal girl gets tricked into thinking the finger slicing game really will result in chopped off fingers, instead of just making people get scared it will, and is losing her shit while the crazy girls are lapping it up and getting red faced and panting over the thrill.

>Sonic telling something to die
It can only be Shadow.

>Kakegurui

>Settings about gambling,

>A Jumper with good luck perks and some way to ward of cheating would definitely be the gambling king.

>Jumper then trolls everyone by being a graceful winner and a nice guy. everyone has no idea how the hell he always wins and are put off by him being so nice.

I meant before it was changed, like what the person I responded to was talking about. You retarded retard.

>Bloodborne style
Only do it when the series doesn't have clearly defined stuff for different origins. Technically this one probably could have something...but we can get a lot more content this way. And more content is always more fun. Well, if it's good content.

So it's about a literal gambling fetish.

Wow, rude.

>You haven't been paying attention to the discussion that's been going on every iteration of it, otherwise you'd know that the cost has been brought up several times.
So, interesting fact. Veeky Forums posts are actually archived.

And you can do stuff like searched all posts that mention the word 'cheat' in the Veeky Forums board. And going back to before the time v1.1, v1.0, and v0.3 was posted is only 8 pages.

And NONE of them seem to be a about a problem with the cheat prices price before today.

IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU ARE A DUMBASS SHITPOSTER WHO IS LYING OUT HIS ASS!

Imagine breaker is powerful, but not so powerful that it can't be overcome or resisted. Servants, Reality Marbles and Noble Phantasms are serious business - I rather doubt that Imagine Breaker would override any of them outright.

>tomato sauce
If only it was actual tomato sauce and not nasty sugary ketchup.

Sooooort of? The main character is definitely that way but plenty of other characters are in it for money, influence or just lacking choice. A lot of people remark on how genuinely creepy and insane Jyubami's actions are, so it's hardly treated as normal.

You don't want to get past imagine breaker user, if you do a massive multi headed dragon of fuck you comes out to eat you. Apparently it is even more bullshit than Crowley.

It's more bullshit than Fiamma, I don't think we know what it is in relation to the big C.

Only an idiot or an Alchemist are stupid enough to think that cutting it off is a good idea. Or a Magic God who can say "meh, whatever" to the Invisible Thing.

I mean "get past it" by using magic that is too powerful to outright cancel.

Can't you just punch the ground and UBW disappears?

I thought it was absolute supernatural negation. Which is why it was such a big deal

Barbeque sauce doesn't mix too well with cheese, it forms these weird layers separated by oil.

That's messed up.

Note to self, bring a sanity aura to this jump.

Unrelated question, anybody know of a perk that lets you radiate sanity like an aura?

Servants are pretty solidly street level except for their Noble Phantasms (and the powerlevels of those varies) and Imagine Breaker scared the piss out of a planetbusting angel and deflected a giant planetbusting crossbow thing.

It has some limits and things that it doesn't work too well against.

Servant's are more anime bullshit then street level. Supersonic fighting and making craters with their attacks and stuff.

>Only do it when the series doesn't have clearly defined stuff for different origins
I agree with the decision completely. Its just that I will have to jump through several additional in universe hoops to become a teacher instead of a student. Actually that raises a question.... Are there even teachers at this hell for gamblers? I can't remember any.

So basically Ea is the only NP that might be enough?

I honestly don't think we've seen a teacher in the series. Pretty sure they're there, given it is also a school. Just not important to the setting/story at all.

Nah a few would still absolutely screw it. Gae Bolg for example would beat it by just avoiding it entirely and already be inside your heart. Some of them don't really travel through a medium that can be touched and stuff just happens like Medusa's eye.

What's a good early jump for stuff like memory and sanity perks? Stuff to make you less likely to fuck up later on.