So who was in the right during the war in heaven?

So who was in the right during the war in heaven?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FyeoBm5QFnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rule of thumb is elves are always in the wrong.

The C'tan.

No one. But fuck the eldar.

t. squat

Depends on who's side you're on

I thought the war in heaven was necrontyr v. old ones.

Two vast empires having it out? Why assume there must be a right and wrong?

You find me a picture of both the races and a battle between the two, until then I'll settle with the two I have pictures of.

Where can I read up on this? It seems more interesting at a glance than any other conflict.

Fuck elves

youtube.com/watch?v=FyeoBm5QFnA
Here is the cliff notes version. The rest would be in the necron 5th codex and more but I don't have specifics.

I just genuinely didn't know if you were talking about a different conflict or if I was remembering lore wrong. It would be cool to see an actual slann v. tyr fight though.

Necrons were in the right. No reason to just let them suffer with their space cancer. Either share your secrets or kill them off. And the old ones obviously had the power to do either before the biotransference took place.

Necrons

I mean the old ones were kind of punks, and if the necrons have won chaos wouldn't be an issue

The Eldar were involved in the conflict so I figured that this would be the best way to represent them, and yeah some actual art of the old ones vs necrontyr(or at least the C'tan) would be great but I doubt we will be getting it anytime soon from GW at least.

The necrons got screwed, The old ones wouldn't give them a cure to their short miserable lives, and the C'Tan used them to win a rematch against the old ones. The eldar were created as living weapons to fight the C'Tan and necron, but ended up making the warp so unstable that they effectively killed off the old ones. Whereas the eldar accidentally killed the old ones, the Necron turned on the C'Tan with full intent of xenocide, but that was for revenge and the C'Tan really did deserve it. My vote is for the Necrons, they at least knew what they were doing.

On the one hand, the Eldar and Old Ones were dicks.
On the other, trying to destroy all life in the galaxy is not the appropriate response to someone being a dick.

You really have to remember that the c'tan are the only gods in 40k that haven't gone completely off the deep end.

They are both smart and have stakes in this material world(as they are material)

Reject psychic gods, obtain robros(only good psionic god is Isha

You do realize that life formed chaos and chaos=bad right?

And the Eldar are basically the worst offenders

The galaxy became a shithole because the necrons lost.
They were clearly in the right.

>only gods in 40k that haven't gone completely off the deep end
That would be Gork and Mork, the C'tan did go off the deep end when they started their golactic genocide and one convinced two others to start eating the rest, luckily the crons woke up and realized they got fucked over and took their revenge. Althought there are still 2(3?) full ones out there and if they come back everyone is fucked.

It looks like the outsider and void dragon are both unsharded and ridiculously overpowered.

And almost logical(unlike most gods)

I would say the void dragon is logical, the outsider is probably crazy by now he's had the personalities of all the C'tan he's eaten screaming at him for more than 65 million years so it's probably not in the best condition and best left to it's sphere of loathing.

If the void dragon was unsharded, then the c'tan are wimps.
The Emprah beat the shit out of him without problem.

You do realize that the emperor is a god right?

And the void dragons tech powers really don't help when someone is attacking you with a sword.

And the warp is really bad for the c'tan

And the deceiver is still pretty cool even while sharded he has eaten enough assassins to know they taste good

I think you are underestimating the power of the Emperor, and the Nightbringer was beaten by Khaine so let that set a scale for you. Granted I think fluff states that the Void Dragon is stronger but Big E is still miles ahead of the eldar gods seeing as the chaos gods fear him.

Retard alert. Retard alert!

>and the Nightbringer was beaten by Khaine so let that set a scale for you

Eldar legend. Even in the text said the it was badly translated and Eldar myths are an allegorical mess.

>Granted I think fluff states that the Void Dragon is stronger but Big E

No, it doesn't state that. anywhere. The only thing we have that's related to the matter is the pre-Molech Emperor having trouble beating a starved and wounded Shard of the Void Dragon and that was seen through the dreams of the Shard itself so it wasn't that reliable.

> still miles ahead of the eldar gods seeing as the chaos gods fear him.

Fear who? The Emperor or the Dragon? Either way it's false. The Chaos Gods fear nothing.

>And the warp is really bad for the c'tan

Not canon.

>You do realize that the emperor is a god right?

Practical isn't a god.

And that was the Emperor before Molech vs an anemic shard so he wasn't enen close to being godlike.

Retard after retard. This thread must have an infesation of /v/fag scum. I am under the opinion that /v/fags should be ran off from the board. I mean look at the scumminess here. It's nearly a decade since the Newcron retcon came out and you motherfuckers still don't know that the Void Dragon and Outsider have been sharded? All the C'tan have been sharded except for one which was erased utterly from existence. THERE ARE NO WHOLE C'TAN. You would know that if you owned a fucking codex but no. You are /v/fag scum contaminating my teegee with your casualness. Good god I am sop pissed right now.

>912.M41 THE GOD SHADOW
>A shard of the Void Dragon escapes from its imprisonment, laying waste to the Arotepk Dynasty in its mindless rage. Though only a faint shadow of a true C’tan, the Void Dragon gorges itself on a dozen worlds, expending its fury upon the living before the Arotepk Crypteks can finally force it back into its cage.

Not canon.

Face it, oldcron backstory was better.

Fuck off, casual. What's next? You gonna say that Necrodermis isn't Living Metal?

The winners.

Chaos. GW is going to find some way to turn the War in Heaven into something that was actually chaos' fault the whole time, just like they did with the War of the Beard in WHF

the war in heaven caused chaos- before that the warp was calm and relatively harmless

>Received no mention in the Newcron WiH lore
>Had no impact on the setting since the Eldar Empire was ascending to power to the point that they drove the Necrons off

Enslavers are the ultimate losers. They were retconned out of the thing that made them relevant.

This isn't Carnac he would have at least posted an actual link to his quotes and wouldn't care this much about cron lore. Also I don't think he uses reddit spacing to that extent so my bet is that it's some newcronfag from r/40klore.

>War of the Beard in WHF
thats the dark elves- not chaos

WRONG.

The War was infested with extremely hostile daemonic and Chaotic creatures to the point that the Old Ones had to construct several Daemon Cages to imprison trillions of daemonic creatures and isolate them from the Warp.

The Webway was constructed because the Old Ones feared the entities that lurked within the depths of the Warp.

You would know that if you weren't a casualfag reading outdated fluff from wikis.

Wrong. It was high elves, just like how it was the eldars fault that the galaxy went to shit

the war of the beard was caused by dark elf false flags and dwarfish stubbornness/arrogance

Chaos manipulated the Elves into rejecting Malekith which lead to the creation of the Dark Elves. Also the Chaos Gods corrupted the souls of the Dwarfs and Elves making the former extremely stubborn and the latter extremely arrogant. The Dark Elves would instigate the War of the Beard by attacking Dwarf traders and outposts. The altered Elf and dwarf mentality led them to not avoid a destructive war.

So Chaos indirectly caused the war.

The high elves being prideful pricks was because the influence of chaos, it's in the 8ed rule book. Also, the elves and dwarfs had many opportunities to end the war before it escalated into what it was, but the changeling/ some daemon princes kept interfering. Once the war was in full force though, it didn't really matter if chaos or dark elves were manipulating them.

>but the changeling/ some daemon princes kept interfering

Source this, plox.

Let me guess. You are a poor single sod that lives in his tiny apparment full to the brim with all kinds of Veeky Forums related books in his early 30s or late 20s. You proud yourselv of your knowledge of rules and lore. But somehow you can't even do something with the dudes you, if ever play with. Becasue the only reason is your so called friends think "better bad game than no game". To put it simply you are the infamous THAT GUY.
But all in all I shall pitty you because you know that the moment you step outside of your tiny appartment you know that everything hat makes your existence, everything that is you, has ZERO value in the outside world.

And thus you go out only if you must, with your eyes starring at your feet.

Cringe.

That's an awful lot of projection.

5th edition version here.

And 7th.

>wouldn't care this much about cron lore. Also I don't think he uses reddit spacing to that extent
Do you even know who Carnac is?

Stop SPOONFEEDING!

Pretty much nobody, since every side got btfo. But in s short term, the Eldar, since they ware kinda the last ones standing.

The Old Ones of course.

the frogs

anyone saying otherwise is lying or blind.

>war between necrontyr and old ones

Both were right and wrong? With the OO being slightly more right

>war post C'tan contact

OO because any omnicidial force is a bad force

>It's another episode of "Aykshully, CHAOS did all of it!!!11!11!!!!!"
Alright, let me finish this thread up, it will end something like this: Actual Carnac shows up, starts telling Necronac that Armless the Mary-Sue can tear apart the Chaosgods and C'tan and basically the whole universe with his OC donotsteel daemonsword. After that, Carnac will drown the thread in very selective quotes from Chaos codices and fanfiction-tier BL writing, while telling everyone who thinks Carnac might not be right off as a newfag who can't into lore and Chaos is the bestest for realsies!!!
Coincidentally, this is one of the reasons modern BL and the Horus Heresy were a mistake. They attract the very worst kind of spergs and autists: The kind of people who need everything precisely explained to them, and treat everything they hear as the word of GOD. What, the Null-fields of the Necron tear daemons a new one? Joke's on you, I have a quote in the codex that says daemons are unstoppable in fact, and there's this short story where a CSM fights an Overlord, so daemons are not affected by null-fields! What, Abaddon is the villain because he sides with the four super-satans? WRONG, he's the hero because the Emperor is badwrong and something something HE OOUTWILLS THE MULTIVERSAL; OMNIPOTENT CHAOSGODS AND HIS SUPERMURDERSWORD!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!11!!1!!!!!

And at this point, I start to believe that Chaos might be very real, because it, and the accompanying fags, are the reason we can't have nice things anymore.

You ok there champ?

Old ones. They could've cured the Necron's cancer if they wanted, but they chose not to because they're assholes.

wait I thought OP said who was in the wrong.

So necrons were in the right.

>reddit spacing

I want this meme to die

I think the Chaosgod of Autism got me there for a moment.

>Alright, let me finish this thread up, it will end something like this: Actual Carnac shows up
Bit late for that.

>With the OO being slightly more right
>"Hey could you please heal our cancer? Our lives are a living nightmare."
>"No."

fpbp

Eldar are always wrong and can't do anything right

The necrons were a violent, warring, and enslaving race, they demanded the Old Ones cure them, old ones looked at their ways and thought probably best not to give these super racist violent asshole immortality

so what did the necrons look like before they became robot skeletons?

Cancer patients.

Spooky skeletons

>The Chaos Gods fear nothing
Except they have been stated to be concerned with the emperor and his plans. Nice try

Dumbass, not fear of him personally since he is a bitch who ran from a single daemon. What they were concerned about was his plan, yeah. His plan to isolate humanity from the Warp and prevent Chaos from consuming them.

Eat a dick, you moron. Again, The fuck ran like a yellow bellied mongrel from Drach'nyen. His fear of that daemon caused him to abandon the Webway and destroy his dream for all time. In his sight, dooming mankind.

So by what logic are you going to say that they fear that weakling? The bitch who ran from an infinitesimal shard of their collective power.

Carnac?

Black library Horus Heresy isn't canon.

Laurie Goulding disagrees.

Gouldstein left BL. Keep up retard. 8th rulebooks so far dont include any of the BL skub so go cry to ADB.

He can suck a stack of dicks. The lore has always worked as people being able to pick and choose aspects. We all know the lore is contradictory.

Wew lad. Pic related.

Didn't stop you guys from mentioning the former BL manager quote that retired two decades ago continuously. So far, LG was the only recent insider who comment on the issue. GW never made any official statement.

>8th rulebooks so far dont include any of the BL skub so go cry to ADB.

Calls me a retard when he is the retarded bitch. 8th Ed is rife with references to BL material. The most important one is....DRACH'NYEN. ADB's novel lore about it being born of the First Murder and it not being an actual sword but a daemon by its own right is in the 8th ED CSM dex.

So a dick you must eat.

>He can suck a stack of dicks. The lore has always worked as people being able to pick and choose aspects.

That's wrong though. GW never stated that. In LG said this was fan bullshit.

>We all know the lore is contradictory.

According to insiders, like LG, GW is working on making the lore less contradictory. It being contradictory wasn't part of some GW plan or anything but the product of three firms of the company not communicating with each other out of rivalry or laziness. Now GW is enforcing communication and corporation between them to create a better continuity for the setting.

>Wew lad. Pic related.

Not an argument.

>The lore has always worked as people being able to pick and choose aspects.
That's literally what Laurie has kept saying. You can choose to personally ignore whatever you want, but if you're talking about the current, official, 'shared' version of the universe, you can't claim something isn't canon simply because you don't like it.

That said, all of you
can end this by just not replying to him.

Old Ones, obviously.

The idea that Necrons were right because they wanted just immortality is bullshit. While the war was started over that pretext, the war itself was just the Silent King's means to unite his people. The Necrons were so murderous and awful to each other that the ONLY way to get them to work together was to point them at another, bigger enemy. So it's kind of obvious why the Old Ones didn't respond when they asked for immortality. They were too immature and bloodthirsty as a species to be allowed to live forever.

Basically, Necrons were complete shitheads who did nothing but fight and kill each other and anyone else they came into contact with, and they fucked everything up forever by being like this.

8th Ed Daemons army book, it was Belakor

Furthermore, GW codexes will have minimal story lore. Cliffnotes and timeline snippets is all you gonna get.

GW gave BL the responsibility to write the episodic lore installments of the new setting. Starting with Dark Imperium, "Audio Week 2017 ", Shroud of Night, picture related, and whatever comes before and after.

So if you want get updated about the going ons in the lore and see where the plotlines are going you have no choice but stick with BL or be left in the dark.

Page?

The Old Ones had many options to handle the Necrontyr.

1-They could have given them what they wanted and eliminated the pretext the Silent King needed
2-After defeating the Necrontyr during the first round of the War in Heaven, they could have exterminated them easily rather than exiling them to the core systems of their empire and leaving them there
3-Mephet'ran the messenger said that the Old Ones oppressed the Star Gods. The Old Ones probably shouldn't have antagonized a race of material gods

I would like to remind everyone that the Necron pylons are the only thing that are keeping this galaxy from plunging into the Realm of Chaos. It's the legacy of the Necrons that's keeping the legacy of the Old Ones in check. The Necrons are ever the keepers of the galaxy.

The Necrontyr didn't really want the old ones to cure their cancer. We know that the last Silent King lived for many decades before becoming a necron, so the "Necrontyrs only lived for 30 years at most" meme is false, at least for the ruling elite.

The ruling elite of the Necrontyr could extend their lives to a reasonable degree and didn't give a shit about their subordinates. What they wanted was immortality.

They wanted the old ones to share the secret of immortality with them.

And since we know that the secret of immortality involves turning yourself into a warp god through meditation, and since we know that the Necrontyr didn't give a shit about warp stuff and were assholes, teaching them the secret of immortality would be really stupid.

Like imagine

You're a space frog who's already spent 500 years meditating and doing weird new age rituals on a daily basis hoping that someday you'd be able to become a warp god. And then a bunch of scrawny egomaniacal weirdos with tiny souls who can barely live up to 100 years and spend all their time enslaving each other ask you to teach them how to do that.

And even then, "those mean space frogs won't share their inapplicable knowledge with us" was only the pretense Szarekh used to unite all necrontyr dynasties against a common enemy. Chances are that most necrontyr fought against the old ones mostly in hopes that they'd have the opportunity to expand their empires and become more powerful than their rivals in the process.

So in short, the necrontyr were in the wrong.

Hey Carnac question for you. Are Thousand Sons tutelaries daemons or shards of Magnus?

About 9' tall emaciated, radiation burn patients on chemo.

They were really sickly, but strangely fucking powerful because they still used heavy blades like warscythes even while alive.

Casca for enjoying it

Necrons, but only retroactively because the warp is a shitshow specifically because of them.

Daemons but they are mixed with a part of the summoners soul. An example of this is Gyre.

How do you explain Arvida and last son of prospero then?

Could be explained by powered armour/exoskeletons. Or maybe the statement that "in the hands of a lesser creature a warscythe would be of little threat" was exactly what happened.

>manletyr, when will they learn

yeah the thing is, there was a lot of social disparity among necrontyr and we know that some of them actually lived pretty long

so I'm pretty sure that if you were part of a dynasty's military elite, you had access to tons of enhancing drugs and augments and whatnot

spooky space vampires

Szarekh

I knew you would mention that. Ardiva mistook the good and noble shard of Magnus for one of them.

Magnus in Crimson King glued himself together except for the shard in Ardiva. Gyre was still around alongside her kindred so you get the point.

The Ahriman series shows that he wasnt complete. And you didnt answer the question you just sidestepped it?

I was under the impression that the first Rubric broke Magnus all over again.

And I already answered. The fact that Gyre and other daemon assistants didn't get dragged into the gluing Magnus ritual shows that the answer is no.

If it was an ineffective weapon, they would have just not used it.

They had old man strength, where they were physically powerful but had to get up three times a night to piss or had to rub their joints when it was about to rain.

>get dragged into the gluing Magnus ritual shows that the answer is no.
Why would they? Ahriman had to literally collect them and hand them to Magnus in Crimson King they didnt just get summoned from everywhere.

>I was under the impression that the first Rubric broke Magnus all over again.
Got any evidence for that?

>Why would they?

Because they were on the same planet and literally in the same room. And bloody hell, you think that Magnus after being glued together wouldn't pick up on tutelaries being part of him instead of honing in on a shard all the way on Terra?

>Got any evidence for that?

-Individual shards seen in Crimson King being on the loose again in Ahriman Unchanged.
-Magnus and Tzeentch manipulating Ahriman to cast the Second Rubric which is meant to undo the First Rubric.

Also feminist.

Female Necrontyr served among the warrior elite of the Necrontyr, the Lychguard and Triarch Praetorians.

Furthermore....

>"But whole enough for him to taste what he had once been and could be again when his final soul-shard was restored to him"

Magnus sees that the final soul shard is on Terra.

>‘I had the soul of the Crimson King within me,’ said Lemuel. ‘I touched his thoughts and his fears. There is a piece of his soul he cannot yet reclaim, the very best part, I think. Without it he will have all the power of Magnus the Red, but without the good that once lay within him.’

One last piece that he could not claim.