Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1696: Gamble Your Life Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS
pastebin.com/ZjW27TYP
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marduk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well you got up early, good morning, I hope everyone here has a nice and wonderful day!

Tell me Jumpers, what's the most you've ever lost in a gamble?

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS

They are still stronger and faster than any DB character until Super. People in DB blow up planets using Ki blasts, but their speed and strengh isn't that great.

As for Xianxia settings, unless you are spending thousands, if not millions of years, they will be useful, since higher tiers don't go down to the lower levels.

SBer.

Er, no. Their strength and speed scales to their Ki stuff because it's all due to Ki. The force they put out with a blast is the same energy they can concentrate into their fists. They're going FTL by Namek too.

God this thread is cancerous. What fucking happened? It was never this bad just a hundred, two hundred threads ago. What the fuck changed recently that the quantity of mindless shitposting shot up so fucking hard?

>Discord
Jumpers, when have you caused a dab of discord? A mite of mischief? A clown-car of chaos?

The discord was made, basically.

Fuck off Dirge. Acknowledging the discords existence for anything besides shitposting isn't allowed here.

>implying a fucking chat besides the IRC is the problem
Why don't you just fucking blame the IRC?

[Digimon World 2]

Drawbacks: World's Favor, World's Favorite, Another World, Another Time (1600)

Rolled Digital City

Supporter, age 11

Data Transfer (1400)
Tinkering (Free)
Nothing I Can't Find (Free)
Fostering Growth (1300)
Deconstruct (1000)
Moving Forward (700)
All For One (100)
Shout It Out (0)

>"Welcome, traveller. Your Benefactor and I have an agreement, for now you need only prepare yourself against the challenges I have-

Hey, you! You wanna be an ultimate lifeform, right? I know that look! I've seen it in the mirror many times myself!

>...yes? Wait, what do you mean by AN-

Alright, sure thing! I still got Poppa Kars' heart's blood around here somewhere. And a sample of Shadow the Hedgehog. And that bit of Cell's tail Vegeta cut off that one time. Oh, and one of my spawn-feathers.

>Oh. Well. Thank you? Where did you GET all this?

Oh, I get around. Listen, there's just one thing you should know: Starting some sort of world war in order to accelerate conflict via, say, some kind of reality-melting virus is a silly way to isolate useful attributes because any rational lifeform prioritises survival over holistic improvement. Combat data is bullshit. Here are some bar charts to prove it.

>How did you-I mean, well. I suppose when you put it that way, it all seems obvious.

Cool. Let's just do some pre-splice stretches and warmups, and then we'll have you fitted up for a stone mask in no time!

The Books of Magic, over a very intense game of poker with John Constantine that took place in several planes of reality at once.

You win some, you lose some. He picked a moment when the team needed the Books really bad for another dimensional incursion, which didn't endear him to the others much. I won something far more valuable, in the end.

I won Zatanna's heart

Drawbacks: Canon is Screwy, Prepare To Die Edition, When All You've Got Is You (1400)

Drop In

Rolled Hell

No Harm No Hex (Free)
Counter-Counter Curse (1300)
Crafter of Bells (1100)
Trinketry (1050)
Animism (950)
Traveler's Garb (Free)
Love Letter (900)
Seed of a Minor Lun Tree (500)
Sacrosanction (100)
Boomerang (50)
Pocket Incensory (0)

Can I just start off by saying-this is, by a long shot, the most I've ever been tempted to go female in a jump since Ar Tonelico? LOVE everything Priestesses can have and do. In the end the other bits and bobs were too neat to pass up but still.

This maze is confusing, and everyone is rather unfriendly. I resort to using my Undertale bullet patterns ("PLEASE STOP THIS", "I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR THE BATHROOM", "FIGHTING ME WILL BRING DISHONOR ON SEVEN GENERATIONS") to try and mansplain my way out of all these encounters. This only makes them angrier, and prolonged some fights.

After a lot of misunderstandings, we found underworld goddess mom. Who had to stay there as a sacrifice. So I used a holy grail, my demon eyes and a sack potatoes to make an underworld demon goddess who actually liked her job before ressurecting her.

And then we all went home for tea and biscuits.

What order should the following jumps be taken in? Bleach is last in the list no matter what, and these are my first jumps for this chain.

Tales of Vesperia
Disney Princess
Minecraft
Ghost in the Shell
Final Fantasy VII
Fate Extra
West Wing
Origin Spirits of the Past
Lone Wolf

Bleach

Do you have proof of any instance of a DB character pulverizing a mountain using their fists or legs?

[Kakegurui]

Drawbacks: My Gambling Madness, You're Interesting, Permanent Pet (1500)

Student, age 15

I LOVE Gambling (Free)
Let's Get Into A Craze (Free)
New Game Releases (Free)
Wear Down The Walls (1300)
Care For An Apple? (1100)
Queen Atop Her Mountain (800)
The New Craze In Town (500)
Canon: Kirari Momobami, Ririka Momobami, Sayaka Igarashi (200)
Strange Mask (Free)
Life Plans (0)

I'd forgotten what true oppresion feels like. This is hilarious!

>Hey! HEY PIG, what are THESE?
>Nothing important, oh senpai of senpais!
>What kind of stupid name is "the Games of Divinity Go"? HAW, I'm stealing it!
>No! Don't steal the best game ever made!
>Too. Late!

Suckers.

Weeks pass. I develop a reputation for being the monkey's paw of slavish lackeys: Cosplays attract mobs of other cosplayers, arranged marriages coincide with leaked dirty secrets, menial tasks make people feel ashamed of themselves.

I made friends with the new transfer student. She laughed herself silly when I told her my gambit.

>What do you mean, this is the 'mildest' setting? You need to keep winning against other people to keep playing, unless you fulfil all these random conditions! Why do half of them involve challenging that pet?!
>Midari, you haven't eaten in days! You have to stop playing this game!
>I...I can't! And it hurts. So. Good!

Grades have been slipping. Gambles have been mysteriously rigged. In months, the school's irredeemable pet becomes untouchable. And half of it owes servitude to him.

>Congratulations on winning the gambling election! However, you realise a pet can't possibly be seen to replace me?
>Indeed. Just as you realise I've already replaced you in every way that matters
>It seems we're at an impasse. What are your terms?
>Simple. (I pass her the Life Plan). Nice job keeping order while I've been having my fun. This was an audition. I'm here to make an offer: How would you like to control far more than Japan?
>Oh my~

And whoops, that was [Momodora]

Can you namefag so I can filter you?

They've been around since the start user but the problems only started recently.

Can't we please try for one thread that has little less hate than the recent few? This long stretch is really quite exhausting.

One of my favourite bits of mischief was using magic to turn a bunch of kids into the monsters they were dressed as on Halloween. The adults freaked out, the kids had fun, I cackled maniacally, it was a good time. That one vampire kid and the ghost girl were pretty cute as well, acting all shy around each other. I had a lot of fun teasing them. At the end of the night, I turned them all back, but it was fun while it lasted.

Doesn't Goku literally hold two halves of a mountain from being pushed towards each other at one point?

Besides, it really only makes sense. If they can destroy things with ki blasts and their strength comes directly from ki enhancement of their bodies, why shouldn't they be able to enhance their strength to the level of destroying planets? They can definitely do it to boost their durability to that level. Or are you saying they can only boost their durability and not strength for some inane reason?

Not to mention they're able to hurt each other with physical blows despite often tanking the same planet busting energy blasts.

Wait for Summer to end and the shitposters to return to high school and homework

No. Fuck you. This place would be better off if you SBers fucked off and left us the fuck alone.

Durability is even more confusing than strength in Dragon Ball, not a good analogy

No one wants to post actual fucking discussion in the jumpchain thread of all places
Actually posting about jumpchain is just asking anons to shit on you

Anyone?

This is a general with almost 1700 threads. Did you really expect actual discourse?

Not really. It drops when they're not actively enhancing their bodies with KI pretty much explains the gaps. It's the canon explanation too.

So how do these guys hurt people that can survive planet busting blasts or worse with just punches and kicks then?

We have so much content and have received to much more just recently that if we don't then we might as well fucking dissolve the community since we clearly aren't here to participate in jumpchain then.

Anons literally only want to shitpost or complain about shitposts. Actual discussion is impossible anymore.

I literally only come to this thread for drama, new jumps, and salt.

Shitposting is the core of jumpchain and has been that way for a countless number of threads now.

A quick update on the Jumps, I live on Venus IRL. The internet connection is very poor, but still usable. Two days is about 11664 hours, so I'm actually really ahead of schedule.

I'd go

>Disney Princess
>Minecraft
>Origin Spirits of the Past

early on, just to get the adventure juices flowing, then

>West Wing
>Ghost in the Shell
>Final Fantasy 7

for either a different kind of challenge or a quasi-breather episode, then take

>Final Fantasy VII
>Tales of Vesperia
>Lone Wolf

to ramp up the heat. Whatever you do, having a run-up to Fate Extra's a good idea since unlike the others it's a fighting tournament where you may or may not end up against Hakuno the haremancer-especially if you're thinking about the CCC drawback

...you probably shouldn't take the CCC drawback if it's your 10th jump, though.

I'm at peace with the world. Well, the part of it that's relavent to /jc/, at least.

I say final fantasy, it has good magic and is easy enough to lay low as a early jump. Then minecraft as the world can easily get a lot of useful stuff but is also easy to survive.

Then disney princesss
Ghost in the shell
Origins
Tales of vesperia

Up to you how to do the rest though.

Why is vesperia apparently after everything else?

FF7 is not safe or low level

Aside from world-ending disaster, how much taunting do you think Gilgamesh would throw at himself if two Masters were serving as attendants to two different versions of him?

It's been a while, but-I think part of the plot is that magical air pollution is making this giant monster appear in the sky that will engulf the planet unless the heroes use the power of MAGISCIENCE! and friendship to beat it? I dunno, seemed marginally more dangerous than FF7 since at least there Cloud gets super buff near the end whereas I don't remember any last minute powerups for the Vesperia crew.

Oh, by the way-that wasn't supposed to be a specific order, I don't know your starting jump build so those are more supposed to be like sets of 3 you can totes choose the order from.

I...don't think anyone said it was? But that user was asking me to choose from that set of 10. 'sides, Tifa made it through alright and I don't remember Tifa packing any more special abilities than the average AVALANCHE member other than some extra martial arts lessons as a kid.

Can you talk to Dirge for us, since you're still friends? Tell him to fuck off and stop screwing with Val because he doesn't like what she says?

I greatly approve of this level of fuckery. They'd either get along amazingly or end up hurting their own feelings while mocking the other one and going berserk as a result.

If you stay out of the picture the main cast solves the big problems. It is easy enough to live far away from thw troubles happening.

Welp, finally finished the perklines for archie, fluff and all. items incoming.

pastebin.com/ZjW27TYP

All the perks, give it a go/look

I know you have school to go to, can you please turn off the computer and go already and stop getting up early to shitpist? Good lord I will never understand why you come here every damn day to make people miserable.

It seemed like the right way of fucking with Gil. Either that or a great way to screw everyone else over. Either way it should be fun...

Can't wait

Because it's fun. He likes feeling that he's helping the community by removing the less productive jumpmakers.

>Dreams of an Absolution

Does this create a way to solve the sources of sorrow where none existed, or is it just really good intuitiont? Does it only apply to mystical doomsday force sorrow, or stuff like economic downturns or bad marriages?

>Live and Learn

Might want to swap it with this actually, since the adventures can pose some detriment to you?

>You're My Number One

Is this just incredible, supernatural endurance or actually doing the impossible?

Also damg, no idea it crossed over this much with Sonic. Thought it was just a cameo here or there.

Everything else looks clear and promising!

Huffing paint is fun too but the kid who huffs glue will never be cool.

No one comes to jumpchain thinking they'll be cool, at best people will think you're wasting away on daydreams, at worst they'll think you're an autistic manchild.

>>Hey! HEY PIG, what are THESE?
>>Nothing important, oh senpai of senpais!
>>What kind of stupid name is "the Games of Divinity Go"? HAW, I'm stealing it!
>>No! Don't steal the best game ever made!
>>Too. Late!

... Gold star.

I meant specificslly archie sonic

im just tired and sleepy

?

What's Lone Wolf and why is it so dangerous?

As long as you've already got some jumps under your belt, go Lone Wolf first - there's a bunch of good perks and items that really help out in future jumps, without hugely affecting your overall power level.

I'd take FFVII, Tales of Vesperia, Fate Extra and Bleach near the end.

I'll try and give it a read, thanks digger!

>Final Fantasy 7
>Final Fantasy VII
Pretty sure that's the same thing.

Remember the Rome drama? Some anons are terrified of roman numerals.

So, in Tales of Demons and Gods if I have Nine Souls (Soul Eater) and I get 7 souls can I integrate with Sixty-Three Demon Spirits?

Besides Swordbow is there any other bow that allows you to shoot arrows that turn into swords?

Hmm, nope I don't remember. However, I don't think I cared about the jump one way or another, which lead to not paying attention.

seems reasonably ridiculous to me.

It's a fantasy series where the macguffin is a crystalised orb of pure magical genius, which the evil god of the setting can use to blow up a plane of existence.

"?"?

Its simple until you get to 40+.

Have you seen Fate stay night? cos Archer's all about that.

Tales of Vesperia has a bunch of reasonably tough JRPG fodder monsters outside the towns, but outside that, every major threat in the setting will be handled by the main character party pretty handily.

You can survive there just fine as a first jump, assuming you don't take drawbacks. If you do, you may want to wait until you have some power from the others.

Isn't that a bit high level? Looking for something lower end so that I don't have just a bow.

That's basically the opposite. You are shooting swords that turn into arrows. Or if using UBW to imitate the Gate of Babylon, just shooting swords.

Aionon has said that seemed fine to him in the past.

But you do have great taste

I wonder if we can trade him for another valeria? Fucker is late on those promised updates.

Oh Aionon did Tales of Demons and Gods? Awesome I love his stuff.

He promised updates. I don't remember him giving times for them. Seriously though why complain about getting free stuff?

>Seriously though why complain about getting free stuff?
When you have a choice between two people giving you free stuff and one of them gives free stuff quicker and better, you'd choose them over the other.

Nah more stuff in general is good as long as it's not shit. No need to shit on other Jumpmakers because you're impatient user.

>Mardukth
...Huh?

I've seen this crop up a few times now... Am I missing something? Like, is there someone with a similar name there?

The secret ending in touhou boils down to youkai not feeding on fear anymore, right?

Can I use upgrade from generic isekai to increase their ability to feed on other stuff? Lust, maybe?

You're not being given a choice though. You get both, Jumpmaking isn't a job, it's a volunteer position that as many people as willing can fill.

Indeed! I agree whole heartedly.

To all you Jumpmakers, THANK YOU

I don't think Upgrade gives options, it just "makes stuff better" based on how much you feed into it.

You'd have to upgrade every single youkai to pull it off that way, plus somehow ensure that every new youkai that's created also gains that trait.

I wouldn't, because unlike you I realise people need a motivation, however slight, to keep giving you free stuff. And you're a fucking cunt with entitlement issues.

Nope, you can focus on whatever you want.

Obviously I have to upgrade the upgrade until it propagates. Like some sort of magical virus.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marduk

Hes a well known demon/god

Well, yes. I knew that part. I was just wondering why someone listed me in a post of okay people on SB.

There's a guy named Marduk (or something similar) on over on SB, but I don't think he posts on the Jumpchain thread.

I lost the right to pants for three days one time. Which made everyone else a little uncomfortable during that run against Fuchi Industrial Electronics in Shadowrun. It was really funny to see the Lone Stars run in and hesitate because I lacked pants. That moment of "What the fuck?" was just enough to mow them down.

I would pay to see this episode. It sounds fantastically filled with insults and a berserk Archer absolutely losing his mind.

You're welcome! That's a nice way to start the morning.

My penis is confused, as usual

Maybe if you upgrade the species as a whole?

Y'know to produce milk, cows have to be constantly pregnant or nursing. So I hope you like bunch of calfs.

Eh, really for the latest shit storm it's that the Discord got Dirge invested in thread again. Dude has always had esteem issues, half the reason people stopped critiquing his jumps before he went to SB was that whenever someone did it would lead to massive unwanted changes, usually him having to be talked down from tearing the jump to pieces. This isn't the first time he's tried to remove all his jumps from accessibility.

It's just a Pokemon making lunch for their Trainer silly billy.

I'm pretty sure Pokemon don't work like cows do in the real world.

In exchange for their own breakfast

We talked about God of Highschool towards the end of the last thread. I haven't read the series, so give me opinions on a build.

>Human
>Divine
>Drop-in

>Divine Constitution (200)
>War Trophies (500)
>A New Era of Martial Arts (800)
>Regeneration (free with 400 CP stipend)
>Divine Form (1000)
>Also, all the freebies
I think this build makes me stronk, but leaves me lacking in actual skill and utility. My only offensive options really come down to "hit it really hard" and "train to hit things harder," though I do kind of like the idea of just hitting things harder when it sounds like there's lots of eclectic abilities being thrown around. On the plus side, having Regeneration+Divine Constitution seems like it would make it really hard to take me out of the fight, and when coupled with War Trophies means I get harder to put down every time someone fails to put me down. A New Era of Martial Arts is supposed to help compensate for the fact that I didn't buy the 600 CP Divine capstone for raw power, plus it's more fun to start low and work your way up, and hopefully I'll be punching and healing really well before too long.

I also want to take the Become God drawback, because it sounds like a good hook and a good way to get involved in the plot as a drop-in, and I'm trying to decide what to spend that last 200 CP on. Earnestness seems like a given, what with how well it combines with the potential perk, but the last 100 seems like a toss-up. I'm leaning towards either Hybridization (Genuine Fighter) to try and solve the skill problem, or Now We Can Fight to the Fullest for the utility.

Any thoughts?
That comment last thread about Domination turning armor into maid uniforms tempted me to take that instead, but I think specializing in fighting is the way to go.

Hey myrm, in AoBS what tier would you say a CP-bought Union Core would be for a non-MM? As in, between Destroyer-tier, Battlecruiser-tier or Superbattleship-tier?

Yep, you sound pretty strong physically speaking. I wouldn't want to step into the ring with, I'd just have the ring itself attack you from my pocket universe

How would a person go about making kockoff angelus and darkness artifacts? From what I know they are like sapient items that are bonded with hosts buy offer massive amounts of power with really nice looks.

What I want to know is how to turn people into angels.