Prove me wrong: Magic the Gathering died about 4 years ago when the player base was invaded by obnoxious numale sjw...

Prove me wrong: Magic the Gathering died about 4 years ago when the player base was invaded by obnoxious numale sjw neonerds. The game was dumb-downed, art cartoon-ized, and the story made cringeworthy.

You didn't hardly see any of these fags at tournaments prior to ~RTR. It used to be grizzly-old neckbeards, high school/college neckbeards/outcasts, and clean-cut, white collar analyst types (bankers, finance, math, etc) who started playing as kids and never stopped.

Example to prove my point: Ever seen a Legacy tournament? Notice how the playerbase is much different than at your typical Type 2 FNM. The players are less obnoxious, more respectable and better players. It's because Legacy has been insulated by the numale invasion due to its high barrier to entry. But, that's what every MTG tournament looked like five years ago.

>The game was dumb-downed, art cartoon-ized, and the story made cringeworthy.
I literally just play this game for the jank. As long as they keep printing new cards with effects that are totally broken when paired with old forgotten cards, I'm happy.
Also, way to save a thumbnail.

I miss having quest threads on Veeky Forums.

It's been shit for a while desu. I just play Force these days as the equivalent of standard is actually reasonably priced and the player base has far less annoying teenagers. I have to agree that the SJW fluff in MTG is annoying, but it is hardly the sum of the game's problems.

>You ever notice the format that costs thousands of dollars isn't flooded with children and part timers?

Holy shit ur right, it must be the sjw.

Pro tip: Can it be the money? If so, it's the money.

Have you tried not playing Magic in Murica?

You're not wrong, but why should I care? The neckbeards who are genuinely chill guys have stuck around because they're happy to play the game while the cuntish ones like yourself are being driven out.

>My favorite hobby was ruined at the exact moment that I'd been exposed to it long enough that it no longer had any wonder, and it's all the fault of whoever is the internet's favorite skapegoat right now.

>OK winges about numale somethingorothers
>posts a pic about numales so low res we even read the text

Ya got any more of them pixels?

Magic died when the set you bought rotated out of standard. Prove me wrong.

Are you seriously suggesting that the sort of neckbearded outcast who's hardcore into MTG and bitches about SJWs and "nu-males" is respectable and not obnoxious?

Here's a non-thumbnail for you.

It's kinda sad how you can identity someone's politics just looking at them these days. Like we've taken separate evolutionary paths or something. Dude has glasses and a beard? Liberal. Back in the day things were a bit mixed up. I remember a deeply conservative guy with dreadlocks in my high school circa 1999-2003.

Anyways, with any game you have to find people you like and ignore the neckbeards or casuals or whichever other groups you dislike. Roleplayers are used to playing at home and organizing events in secret.

That's some pretty pathrtic scapegoating even for this board.

Also MTG has always been a trash game and TCGs are the whole reason "pay 2 win" has gotten popular.

Magic died with Triumph of Ferocity. It was all downhill from there.

Kaizer please go and stay go

Magic died with The Dark. It was all downhill from there, getting all mainstream and having a good rare.

Eh, get to my age and you'll start to see clear patterns/tendencies/current and get sick of the relativistic "not all _____" talk.

This desu. Almost forgot about this. Such an accurate pinpoint to when it turned the corner.

There were mega threads about this card between old players and newfag sjws that literally appeared out of nowhere. And the sjws won.

I bought that card out of the "useless cards box" just because looking at it makes me laugh

Magic has been as fun as it's ever been. Legacy is in a good place. Modern is in a good place. Standard is finally in a good place for the first time in a long time. Amonkhet's limited was solidly done.

What are you complaining about? The fact that they turned the story into capeshit and they've been hiring bad artists? Those two things are largely irrelevant my guy.

No, you're bitter and jaded. Most people are individuals who don't fit into a tumblr or /pol/ dichotomy. Personality is far more important, and you can enjoy mtg or other Veeky Forums shit with people who have chill or interesting personalities regardless of politics.

I know, kids these days with their hippy hop music and baggy pants! Back in my day, we had to go to the local gaming shop uphill both ways in the snow, even in July!

Funny how they pointed out them being more successful in normal society.

Son?

That's because the stereotype is just a regular millennial dude with a bunch of assumptions.

>Funny how you can tell people's opinions from how they look, if you just assume their opinions from how they look!

Exactly, fuck this stupid "not all men" bullshit

>I'm unique and special!

No, you aren't.

Humans are tribal creatures who love sorting themselves into groups.

Collectivism is a cancer.

I don't care about anything you're shitposting about, but whoever that is in your pic related should be slapped

You're not wrong, but I don't care about card games.

Someone post the version with the hair and the beard switched around.

Please, I need this.

Individualism is a cancer.

Found it.

I really need a better sorting system.

>Prove me wrong: Magic the Gathering died about 4 years ago

Try over a decade ago. NWO was a slow death, but it was indeed a death.

for the most part you are wrong and cancer.

What kind of loser makes a thread on Veeky Forums just to whine about /pol/ shit

this i can get behind
there have been a lot of issues in magic and they have come really apparent now.
also
Nuwalkers a shit.
he looks like a girl in the second panel.
weird

Dude, its FnM. its always been full of the greasiest kinds of neckbeardry and insufferability. the flavor just changed.

it did died around 7 years ago, when it took them until the end of the next goddamn block to ban this fucker because "he's a popular character :^)" This is the moment when it all became about sales, balance be damned.

wat a ugly kikerino haha

>loser
>/pol/ shit
And you are surprised why, exactly?