EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Character" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Have you ever run a Commander for Vorthos reasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisi-jank-tyrant/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why are you lying? cavern of souls has not been below 30 dollars in nearly 3 years and has not been below 20 in over 5 years

>What are suppositions?

You retard. I'm saying if they were to reprint Cavern in Ixalan, it would maybe go down to $30.

>oh no i got called out for being wrong
>time for damage control
(you)

Worked on a Volrath Phyrexian deck for a while, but it was lacking in good Phyrexian cards on theme to prevent it from just being mono-black goodstuff. Might revisit it sometime soon.

I'm not the guy you answered to

which is exactly what that card needs, it being a 30 dollar card is massively better than it being 50 dollar card

It would be fucking sweet if they tacked Intuition onto a legendary creature.

It's not better than giving significantly more people a $1 option.

I'd be down for that.

Thanks for already shitting up the thread memedern and standard players

except its not because its a strictly worse card, wizards should be reprinting the shit out of of more expensive cards to make them available to the players. because wizards refuses to reprint anything of value ever they continue to climb to the point where a single reprinting doesnt solve the problem. if they were reprinted more frequently you would not be seeing 50 dollar cavern of souls. wizards is putting a bandaid on the problem and not fixing it

P. U. N. C. T. U. A. T. I. O. N.
You always start shit, but you could at least learn to type properly. That way we don't always know it's you.

>Not enjoying the game in all its forms

No one but spergs like you cares though.

>being this upset over how people write on Veeky Forums

your life is a sad one

>not an argument

except people do, reprint of expensive cards is quite literally the most talked about thing in magic on every medium

>except its not because its a strictly worse card
And? It's still effective mana fixing in a Tribal block printed so near to the Tribal EDH precons. For every raging autist like yourself beating their fist on the table ranting about Cavern, there will be a hundred casuals happily slotting Unclaimed Territory into their decks and actually enjoying themselves.

>except its not because its a strictly worse card,
An uncommon is strictly worse than a mythic rare, shocking news!

We all know WotC reprint policy is shit but there's no problem with Ixalan (for now)

kys lmfao

>everyone here is the same person

The people that matter aren't the ones posting on the internet.

D,id some.one mo!ve your're paper..clip,s to th@e wro;ng sid.e of the d)esk as;:pie

That's an extremely bold claim to make when the only place you can pull proof from is your lower intestines.

this is an idiotic statement

Samefag. Go back to school, and learn some punctuation, and proper grammar.

>they do it
>it's monoblue
Uh, flashback/retrace tribal I guess?

>proper grammar.
>correct grammar.
Ftfy

i mean you you can literally just go check different forums, videos, podcasts, websites, etc for proof. the sheer fact that sets are judged based on financial value which is derived solely from reprints and in a rare exception a standard staple is proof

>punctuationposting
Jesus fucking Christ, I thought this meme was dead.

I'm not the idiot who thinks that shitposters on the internet matter to WotC's bottom line.

Your post doesn't count because you didn't use punctuation.

do you think that everyone who uses proper grammar is the same person?

just think about how retarded what you are implying is for a second

It's not when he comes back to shit up two threads on a row.

Guess what, the majority of Magic's playerbase doesn't use those sites, they're content with their casual bubble of similarly casual friends, spergs like you are the outlier.

Make her UB and give her an ability the does something when she sacs herself.

>The proof is out there!

Your ass, again?

>the sheer fact that sets are judged based on financial value
That's shouldn't be a thing
Or at least, just a criteria

>the majority of magic players dont understand youtube or money

i mean if they are as stupid as you then i guess you might be right

There's obviously one particular user who shitposts non-stop and refuses to use punctuation. It's not a coincidence that everyone posting with no caps or periods is on the same side of arguments. If other anons are doing the same, then that just means there are more shitposting morons.

>That's shouldn't be a thing

but it is. why do you think everyone hates HOU? because its worth basically nothing because there are no worth while reprints in it

The majority of the playerbase is made up of casuals who couldn't give less of a fuck about the cardboard stock market.

>Coming to Veeky Forums for magic discussion
Pot/Kettle
Shitposting in a shitpost thread, can OP make a new one and delete this abomination

>Why do you think a bunch of people hate HOU?
FTFY

HOU was a pretty good set, Standard and Limited-wise. From a casual standpoint too but that doesn't matter since every set does.
Financial Value as the only indicator of worth of a set is a stupid idea

You know where you are right? Its like going to the ghetto to get job seeker advice

>45 posts in
>nothing EDH in the slightest
Thought I was on Veeky Forums for a moment

>reprints of EDH staples are non EDH related
People in this general are so stupid I swear.

Who /cheatsinEDH/ here?

I have done it many times by using a little more than 99 cards in my deck because it is too hard to make cuts

I cheated for the longest time by not realizing you get extra sleeves when you buy a pack of a hundred so a couple of my decks were 100+ cards.
I also almost never announce my triggers.

Using more cards puts you at a slight disadvantage though, so it's hardly cheating.

The number of times I've accidentally had 100 cards in my 99 is... kind of embarrassing.

I always try doing that, though not a completely vorthos-minded decklist as my meta never puts flavor before function and not being able to impact the game sucks

When I play vs my younger brother and/or gf I often shuffle their decks because their hands are so small, and when I get the opportunity i shuffle their sol rings on top to give Thema a good start.

*them

3 sol rings dude lmao
Never in a deck with a lot of tutoring/dredge/storm though

I've always wondered why EDH wasn't 100 + Commander

this is autism.

Well, this thread's off to a great start.

>Have you ever run a commander for Vorthos reasons?
I used to run Nicol Bolas a few years back with some decent flavor, but that deck ended up getting dismantled rather quickly because my meta also started to power creep hard and old Nicky B just couldn't keep up.

I wish they'd had the balls to print a Nicol Bolas that could be your commander in the Bolas Archenemy set.

Made a tangle themed deck with the big guy as my commander, using all the cards with quotes of him and all the wurms from the tangle. Ironically drew despite its low powerlevel great amounts of hate because of Vorinclex as the commander, I turned it in a monogreen Selvala ramp monogreen big creatures. Vori is still tutor target No. 1.

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

Currently putting together a Queen Marchesa soldier/token tribal. Hoping for some good flavor.

Vorinclex is just one of those cards that people hate, and for good reason.

Same thing happens with many powerful commanders. You can sit down with some janky deck but if the commander is really annoying or powerful you will get targetted anyways.

is this considered stax if i crack a evolving wild?

What part of non-land do you not understand?

oh fuck, it says nonland, disregard

Vorinclex is hilariously powerful, doubling your mana production while hobbling everyone else's stomps low-mid powerlevel tables pretty hard if it sticks.

>tfw Vorinclex isnt really a big guy

>Vorinclex
>$22

holy shit he was garbage in-block

He is just got never reprinted and is played in every green deck with big trample creatures

>bigger than two grizzly bears put together
>not big
Vorinclex is fucking huge.

He's pretty good if you can get him out and make his stick, also hope you have crop rotation in hand at all times to fetch homeward path with because the guy is a prime Bribery target.

That's an oddly specific scenario

I tend to ignore colors once I get to like 8 mana and just start casting shit, probably resulting in a few games where I illegally cast some shit

I got him Bribery'd enough times I mulligan for Crop rotation or Homeward path every game I play against a blue deck.

>10-12 feet high while doing the Slav Squat
>Not Big
I mean, he's no kaiju, but he's still a giant.

>Have you ever run a Commander for Vorthos reasons?

Isamaru, Samurai Pupper Voltron. I make him a Samurai on field with Sensei Goldentail, give him one of the Katana Equipments, and just have fun with it. Plus, I always have my Commander out first.

For sure, I've just never seen it at my tables. Then again most blue decks running a card that expensive are just playing Solitaire.

I play with a bunch of oldfags that got the card way back when it was cheap.

But user, Bribery is cheaper than Vorinclex.

>Bribery
>expensive
It's 20 bucks guys, I know that's a touch high for a chunk of cardboard, but it's not unrealistic that a decent amount of blue decks buy and run it. It's not even really an solitaire card either, I'd actually say it's more Timmy since you pay 5 mana and get the best creature in any deck, and deprive its owner of it

I'd buy a few copies if I could, copy it a few times on the stack and nueter some of the green fatty decks I'm plagued with

And then die horribly because Homeward path is a thing every deck with green can tutor for with no effort, I've had enough people die to the Blightsteel they Bribery'd out of my deck to force people to have at least one counter up whenever they Bribery.

That's why i haven't seen it before. The blue players I see that's spending that much doesn't build interactive decks.
They pay Solitaire until they combo.
There's a reason I haven't played with that group in a while

I guess the people I play with are fucking wierd. The only homeward path I've seen is the one I played in the helper deck precon that came out recently

I'm running a lot of shit I don't want to see turned against me so I tried to make sure I got a answer for that stuff.

>tfw $20 used to feel outrageous for a card
>these days I impulse buy >$30 cards and stacks of Divining Tops
I kinda miss when I could throw together some janky shit and get away with it.

I put together this pile of jank while drunk out of spare cards I had lying around. It won quite a few games, much to my surprise. Please rate / comment / criticize.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisi-jank-tyrant/

>if you play a $15 card then you're playing solitaire
Not even close to true.

Well, Leovold is banned for one.

What kinds of planeswalkers do you run without solely using them for doubling season purposes?

Never seen a Homeward Path make the 99. Most people have 'better' things to do with their Utility Land allocation than screw over a fairly corner case strategy

On the other hand, it's fairly uncommon to see a Bribery either. Price does have something to do with it. I and most of the folks I know are "whole deck budget" types. Running a 20 dollar card is hardly out of the question, but only a few of them will show in any given deck and especially in 3+ color decks that blow a hefty chunk of their budget on Shocks and other mana base needs, Bribery doesn't tend to get considered the kind of effect that's worth the price.

I remember when it was considered a fucking EDH staple, though. But that was back when people played EDH with more of an eye to Timmy so five mana was a fucking deal to nab a Darksteel Colossus (Or Eldrazi Titan I guess, but I'm pretty sure Bribery had fallen out of favor by the time they released)

is there a Bribery/Acquire for enchantments or lands? It seems like an obvious thing they should print eventually.

We play under MODO 1v1 rules, which means Leovold isn't banned, but Sol Ring is.

At the risk of starting a dumb pointless argument, MODO rules are much better even for multiplayer. 30 life means aggro now matters in the format.

There's always Eternal Dominion. Grabs anything but a PW IIRC.

This one. If you protect her for 1 turn then you get an enormous advantage for the rest of the game. Ramping and playing her before anyone can attack her is gg.

I bought a Gaea's Cradle a few weeks ago for $200. I'm glad I have it, I'm just having some incredible cognitive dissonance about the thought that I now own a piece of cardboard supposedly worth a small family's weekly grocery bill, and it is primarily worth this much because the greedy assholes who created it have sworn to never produce more copies of it.
at least the guy who sold it to me bundled it with a Survival of the Fittest after I haggled him

This card always reminds me what a shitfest kamigawa manacostwise was

Same here. In the group I played with 5 years ago, Bribery was a total staple in most of our blue decks. It very often was a 5 mana Blightsteel Colossus or at least some other Timmy monster. I don't know how much it cost but I would guess 5$ or less. In my current group I've never seen it played.