Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Chaos can into victory edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos finally got ONE
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

natfka.blogspot.ie/2017/08/list-of-codices-to-be-released-this.html
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Working_with_ResinFW.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anyone got any of the new audio books/?

>bring authentic FW model to local GW shop
>someone asks if its a recast

Don't do this.

Guys SUper NeW tOP SECRET list OF what codices will BE released THIS YEAR
natfka.blogspot.ie/2017/08/list-of-codices-to-be-released-this.html
it's just a meme list but I want to die regardless

What kind of mutations do Tzeentch worshippers have? I'm modelling some tzeentch electro priests and apart from them shooting out warp-fire I'm a bit stumped on what mutations to give them.

This weeks mission and defenders stratagems. TO WAR BROTHERS!!!

Wings
Feathers
Other bird-like features
Non-sexual tentacles
Random arrangements of flesh (the flesh change is particularly powerful with tzeentch)

Tzeentch likes eyes too

The floor is regard for Mon-keigh! Lets boil us a water world.

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'm going to have some winged, eye covered flamethrower priests out, that should please Tzeentch.

CHAOS IS THE GRRATEST FACTION FUCK THE CORPSE BIGGER FAG

>There isn't a single loyalist character short of gulliman who can stop Kharn

Explain this.

>Tyberos and Moloc don't do shit

Explain this loyalists.

>False flagging imperial.

>no mention of daemons
People need to get better at meme rumors, didn't GW say something about daemons getting things "soon" like TS?

>An IG approach to dealing with his shit

sounds oddly believable
then again doesn't this contradict the leaks that where spammed here a while ago ?
that guy got the dates wrong but he was right about CSM and GK releasing first after regular SM and on the same day

Xenos btfo

Are there any good list builders up or am I going to have to get out a pad and the index books?

Battlescribe

Reposting from the last thread:

Revised list from a beginner

Black templars:
++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [33 PL, 500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 112pts]: Chainsword, Combi-melta, Jump Pack, Teeth of Terra

+ Troops +

Crusader Squad [5 PL, 98pts]
. 3x Initiate
. Initiate w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Sword Brother: Combi-plasma, Power axe

+ Elites +

Dreadnought [7 PL, 148pts]: Assault cannon
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer

Vanguard Veteran Squad [15 PL, 142pts]: Jump Pack
. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw
. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw
. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Chainsword
. Veteran Sergeant: 2x Lightning Claw

++ Total: [33 PL, 500pts] ++

Everything moves up towards the enemy and punching ensues.

Criticism welcome.

For this week's konor mission, you can load a stormraven with 1/3 of your PL, fly to the enemy map edge, disembark turn 2, and then win the game. It's pretty stupid. Even if the stormraven dies then at worst you'll lose 1 or 2 models in whatever unit you're carrying, you roll a number of dice equal to the carried models and remove models of your choice on a 1 so the characters and dreadnought the stormraven is carrying are never in danger.

Quantum shielding is fucking bullshit. Here's how it should work.

When a unit with quantum shielding takes a woind with a multiplier, half the result rounding up.

That's it. No dice roll and no ignoring a 6 wound hit by a fucking lascannon.

it should just be a toughness or save bonus untill it's failed once and then it goes away
right now necrons are the ultimate counter to any titan

Is Smite broken?

In our games, it seems like whomever has the most Psykers ends up kind of dominating. Once you get past their possible deny the witch numbers, it's like free D3 dead models considering the ease of the test.

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Working_with_ResinFW.pdf

non-toxic

People grab my sister's of battle all the time without asking. Old models are subject to this too.

for real, and not for play play?

cause i would be pissed if someone grabbed one of my metal models and bent it or some shit.

>I might not finish my DG in time to help with the chaos comeback
Reee.

Propably because they can't believe anyone would actually suffer through buying, building and painting old sisters of basshole models let alone a full army of them and assume they're recasts.

>First Step
>the first thing you should do is check we haven't fucked up and not sent you the entire kit
My sides.

Do you pay extra points for psykers?

Then no. Although, if GW didn't nerf grey knights it would be.

Thinking of buying a hellforged leviathan for my DG. Gonna arm it with a Grav-Flux Bombard and Siege drill.

Would that be a deal-breaker to you?

Why wouldn't you recast sisters?

Why would anyone care? People who complain about recasts are turbo faggots.

Don't beat yourself up. Mortarion himself couldn't be bothered to show up until at least week 5.

they itemize everything, and will replace anything that is wrong, or if it is really fucked up

Be warned, FW quality is poor overall, even compared to finecast. Ironic, considering the cost.

At least the pound tanked.

How long did it take you to paint an army that you were actually proud to look at once it was finished?

I only ask because I've been painting for 7 months now and I still feel like every model I finish looks like complete shit.

Nah

Wargames Con just had the jankiest win of 8th, even jankier than Stormravens.

++Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment++
Roboute Guilliman, your Spiritual Liege.

++Vanguard Detachment++
Lord Kaldor Draigo
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator armor, w/ Terrify

6 Culexus Assassins

++Vanguard Detachment++
Celestine
Ultramarine Librarian w/ Null Zone and Veil of Time

3 Eversor Assassins
2 Vindicare Assassins

Retributor Squad with 4 Heavy Bolters

Fluffy, right?

FW quality is poor compared to some of the higher end recasters I've used

A long time.

The trick is good paint and REALLY tiny brushes for finish work. They don't last very long though...

I suppose I can at least get my space mans painted, that way I helped even if I didn't get >us a win

2 in my gaming circle say it's a deal-breaker. Do you mind saying why you wouldn't care?

I am not surprised.

Proxy it and see if it's OP as fuck. If it dominates the game, it's probably too powerful.

Becuase it's obvious you broke the law to do it, it's like going through a red light when there's no traffic around. Even if it doesn't cause any harm people see it as taboo.

Love it. I dont quite do that but I do use Celestine, Inquisitor in Terminator armor, an assassin, some scions and a valk filled with Bullgryn for some turn 1 aggressive behavior.

well that build is destructive as fuck but short-ranged, I see pros and cons with it but it's the Gravs -5 AP and monsters/vehicles get hit 5x thing that's pissing everybody off

I'll never understand WAAC faggots. I hate the shit that they pull and I can't comprehend why they don't enjoy making fluffy lists.

Russ v. Kharn
Who wins?

Because I'm not a gaping anus. I play in a regular group of around 10 people and we talk to each other. If we see that something is beyond OP, we agree to give fair warning before using it so the opponent can counter it, as we usually do 'blind' listbuilding with only the faction known. But what we'd never do is forbid a model. That's a slippery slope for whiny cunts to abuse and kills part of the fun.
I'd rather stop playing than submit to some fat neckbeard that can't see his feet telling me what I can and can not play with. And that's what those people are.

I'm moving to St. Paul, MN in a bit. What's the 40k scene there? What are the best stores to play at?
Looking to avoid high school kids and play casual games

eh, they're cool enough they're just skeptical to FW as potential cheesemongering

None of us are waac tier but every now and then someone pulls something cheeky. This Dread is considered cheeky.

>Every codex is Marines or Imperium humans

Sounds legit. Obviously a total guess, but it sounds legit.

Are Stormboyz good in small units?

Or is their greatest strength in being a horde of boyz with over twice the movement value

It's almost like shitty character targeting and "Not Unbound" rules have "EXPLOIT ME" written on them.

He asked about a good One though

You'll never know unless you try playing with it. Of course if your opponent doesn't take any las or melta equivalents, gets rekt and the cries about it, you'll not have learned anything. Play a few games and you'll see.

I could see a group of ten working but anything smaller would need a lot of cover and no artillery to get to a target

Its not against the law to buy recasts of copywritten or trademarked goods only to sell them. Hell even making them is legal as long as you arent trying to sell them.

Any guesses on how expensive morty is gonna be?

Of course, half a dozen boys isn't much threat to anything. Shame thats the amount you have to buy them in.

>muckin' about with small units

would love for it to come in a triumvirate with his deathshrouds and typhus.

but we all know it will be a single model with the same price as magnus.

Thanks for the input, Romania, but actual countries are talking.

If you're aiming to fill out a Brigade detatchment, then you need to
Though I don't really think there's value in aiming for that many comand points before youe army's got its own stratagems

i say the model looks about nagash-size so take his price as a starting point

Its not illegal to buy counterfeit goods in America, Australia or Canada from what ive read and im willing to go out on a limb and say it probably isnt in most euro countries either.

it happens , better to warn people to check rather than dive straight in and think they lost it themselves

it's not illegal to buy them , but the goods themselves are illegal. if they're found they're liable to be taken away and destroyed i think

>be playing in FLGS
>jackboot thugs break in
>there it is!
>grab your precious recasts and stomp them to cancer dust

>Old lore Russ
Russ would win but Kharn would win some respect with his ferocity.

>Horus Heresy Series Russ
Russ ends up Dreadnoughted, Kharn walks away fine, Armageddon is destroyed and somehow even more Shards of Magnus are created, but the next time we see Russ he acts like he won a great victory.

Model size has nothing to do with price, otherwise a primaris librarian wouldn't cost as much as a rhino

that's more due to age and expected sales

Thats completely wrong, find me one instance of a non dangerous or restricted counterfeit good being taken away from an average person without there being reason to believe they were selling them.

You can be fined anywhere from €1000 to €15000 for buying counterfeit goods in most EU countries. Even if you bought it via internet from outside the EU. Customs agencies are required to destroy counterfeit goods and, in most countries, to report you to the IP holder who then can, aside from any fines, initiate civil proceedings.
That being said, my club has bought thousands of Euros worth of recasts and nobody ever gave a fuck.

In short, it's illegal but those laws were made for fashion items like fake designer hand bags and customs agents don't care about packets full of delicious chinese cancer.

Decent day today. 2nd day on my Bloat Drone, finished with the base colours and did one shade on the armour. Need to shade the flesh and start on details next.

Also primed white and shaded athonian camoshade 20 poxwalkers.

What did you guys do today?

if size would be the sole criteria, you are right.
It is not.
-Big Model, probably too big/pointintese for most games and opponents might complain
-Hardly anyone will buy more than one
-extremly iconic unit
-really big centerpiece unit, so painters collectors and other non-gamers migh tbe interested in it.

See all of those fit nagash as well

Store birthday goodies

Neat

That's literally the most idiotic argument I've seen on here.

Let me follow your stupidity;

>Is a 1 point Baneblade broken?
>Did you pay extra points for the Baneblade? Then no!

Good to know about the EU i was wrong on that one but atleast in the US you cannot be charged or have them taken away for owning them. As for customs that would count as importing which is far away from owning.

Does everyone else consider the new primaris captain five steps back for the 30th anniversary, compared to the imperial space marine for the 25th?

Jesus, I cringe when I remember the one time I was like 12 and saw a crazy awesome converted salamander captain and just picked it up all willy nilly

I want that Cpt.

>not running 3 warbosses and 6 full mobs of boyz

DEEPEST LORE

>We recommend priming your model with a fine matt car body primer, such
as can be found in most hardware stores.
Holy shit, even FW can acknowledge that Citadel spray is grossly over costed...

Owning itself is never the problem. The act of buying it is. Fuck, I had to negotiate a merger in the UAE and I was told as an anecdote that it was illegal to buy satellite dishes, yet every house had at least 2. Turns out the only requirement was not to get caught buying it.

any HQ that interrupts him with CP or just charges and knocks him out like that?

High Crusader Baldy Bloke from the Dindu Templars btfos Kharn

The only Primaris character that i really like

>any HQ that interrupts him with CP

what?

before or after russ's fall to chaos?

>non-toxic
Resin is non toxic. The only health problem with resin is inhaling the dust and this is true of all fine dusts, regardless of what they consist of.

Try learning what toxic means.

They're making that recommendation because citadel sprays are not primers.

speak english nigger

>I can't comprehend why they don't enjoy making fluffy lists.
I can't comprehend why you would deliberately put together an army list that you know full well is weak.

Powerful fluffy lists are perfectly possibly but it's clear that you take some moral superiority from taking your weak lists.

Google "scrub mentality"

I did a lot on my Death Guards, I finished the armor, and the horns/teeth, the rest is still underway

Psykers cost about 25 points per power slot, for d3 mortal wounds with a failure chance and the possibility of your power being denied.

This is true, but resin tends to break down into very fine dust that can go airborne much easier than other materials. Hence all the warnings about it.