It's a fantasy setting where all the races get along

>It's a fantasy setting where all the races get along

Could it work?

Yes.

Sure, races are like castes in my setting so in a lot of places they cohabitate

If there is a preference for friends and family over strangers then no.

It would basically be a fantasy version of Star Trek, so sure.

That picture is just the most adorable thing.

No.

DEPRNDS UN THE SETIMG...

If you write that they get along then they get along

And still be believable? No.

We all know how fucking absurd that would be, and recognizing it as such is even on an instinctual level.

>Laughing Cardassians

Well,you still have to have conflict, but it could consist of economic or ideological struggles between separate multi-species groups, so sure.

I did this.
Goblins where still shits mind you.
But it was mostly nations vs nations

What does a Goblin economic attack look like?

Your pathetic attempt just shows how little you understand of why people say "depends on the setting". It's not being said here because op is asking an actual question and has directly implied a setting.
If he had said something like "why don't all the races get along?" Or "What would happen if all the races got along?" Without stating or directly implying a setting, then it would be valid.

Depends on the setting

I imagine goblins forming street gangs.

I'm not super knowledgeable about politics, but I'd expect the usual "economic attack" is probably war of some kind, or maybe tariffs?

In a setting with a lighter tone, yes. Or in a setting where there are so many different races it's like eye colour. Or in a setting where like the races are symbiotic enough to work together. Plenty of room between all that.

This is the goal I always strive for with my empire when playing Stellaris. Trying to forge an alliance between wildly different species is also one of my campaign's current main themes... I'm an idealist on that point...

Too obvious, mate. Blatantly facetious posts don't count and you know it.

Dwarf Fortress is like that if you discount all the memery bullshit. Human cities filled with Goblin salesmen, Dark Towers populated by the descendants of kidnapped dwarves, shit like that.

Sure, but make factions so people hate each because they believe in different stuff rather than because they look different.

Sure, just don't have any muslims in it.

As well as beastmen that are members of cites, necromancer covenenat and fortresses - So even demons are treated nicely (No joke I read a story of one that ruled a town and did a good job, his only kill - other demon who wanted to come and kill his people)

The volume of tales of vampire lords who are basically primarch tier war heroes is amazing.

fu'k goblins
Based on who can bullshit the most, have the most shineys or can kick others hardest.
Keep your politics out of the game. This is the same as magic reem

oh sorry, I mean !not-muslims

yes, it would even be good because it would move away from conflicts along "race" (more like species) lines and towards conflicts based on geography, culture, resources and conflicting interests.
If you really want to go crazy you can even remove the racial stereotypes and start to differentiate the races by culture, so that desert-living elves and forest-living elves have completely different cultures and only share biology

>Having racial prejudices solely informed by your race

Why

Yes, that's it, user. Let the void take you.

Fantasy UN.

Yeah as long as there's an external threat for them to combat.

Only if there was a common enemy forcing them to ally.

Beat by 50 seconds.

Depends on the _______

Only if you get unlimited resources and some one with a big stick than wants to keep things quiet.

Yeah, but they hate all the supernatural races/factions

except that "depends on the setting" is posted even when the OP clearly asks "IN YOUR SETTING, HOW/WHY DOES X..."
Or even worse, "what's your favorite..."

Both clearly say that picking a specific setting of your preference is fucking part of the answer, but people still say "hurr depends on the setting"

size of their dick?

Who wields the stick?

>how dare this fantasy setting not be BELIEVABLE?!!?!?!?!?!!?

That's how I prefer it.

Just remove humans

I like the idea of a supra-racial ethnic groups. Like, elves and humans are different species, but share the same customs and language and consider themselves the same 'people'. Sort of like how a Texan and New Yorker are still both 'American'.

They're all in their own turfs, have no need to take anything from anyone else, all have decent or comparable life standards, the cultures aren't completely alien as to cause conflict over value dissonance, and there is a healthy cultural exchange without infringing on each other's cultures?

Yes.

It's also pretty Utopic so you're gonna need to explain it well.

In a fantasy world where the gods take a very active role in the lives of mortals, religion could easily be considered more important than race. Sure, whether you're a human or an elf or an orc might make you physically a bit different, but what god you follow is what defines whose "side" you're on, how you live your life, what happens to you when you die, and so on. Instead of conflict and division based on race, you have a bunch of cults of different gods with opposed ideologies (or just rivalries for control) whose followers straddle racial lines.

He's right while being wrong about why he's right.
Venice worked despite being filled by muslims and christians, turks and mongols, etc. Because everyone left their ideologies out to make business.

Muslims and Christians can co-exist, Jihadists and Crusaders can't.

The amount of visible genetic difference to be considered "race" is historically always a skub thing.
So on the one hand, it's innately implausible for "different races" as self-defined to be completely comfortable with each other.
On the other hand, depending on your setting, this could be as particular and vicious as a campaign of rape and extermination between the Kentish and the Mercians in a post-Collapse dark age, or as broad and low-key as having Lawful and Chaotic neighborhoods in a planar city.

Eberron.

Mostly because it's an advanced enough setting that it's got non-racial nationalism. If you're a human from Aundair, you hate the humans from Thrane and love the elves and orcs from Aundair.

Seriously, fuck the Thranish. Them and their tiny pope.

In a light setting sure. In a darker grittier or a more "realistic" setting, no.

You mean a JRPG?

Yes and no.
In Ivalice everyone is friends at the cities, but forest viera are racist towards EVERYONE, Rev and Gariff are reclusive, Baknamy and Urutan are literally barbarians. Also baanga don't tolerate being called lizards so of course trouble-makers are gonna exploit that.

Races don't despise each other because of biology, they do because of culture. Of course nobody is gonna get along if they live in a culture where you're told everyone lighter than you has a magic palace in the sky where they get infinite money and happiness from and everyone darker than you is gonna blow you up and rape your furniture.

It works in FF14 except for the three-eyed magitech Romans trying to conquer everyone and Ala Mhiggers being Ala Mhiggers.... and beast-tribes summoning life-energy sucking, brain-washing Gods

oh and the DEUS VULT elves up North with a MASSIVE hate-boner for dragons

Like just after a thwarted Undead Apocalypse, every living things band together.
Godda be lighthearted tho (barring the fucking apocalypse)

If the races can interbreed and have pure race children (like elf + dwarf gives 50% chance for the child to be either). Then it could work.

If thay cannot interbreed, family ties will bring a bias towards their own race.

If the children are mixed breed, eventually you get only one race which is a hybrid of everything.

I actually just realized that Amonkhet has absolutely zero racial strife.

And no, I don't think "everyone versus zombies" counts. They aren't fighting against all of zombie-kind, more fighting against the curse of wandering.

>literally we wuz kangz deck

I think it said that the Khenra sometimes get uppity because of their assumed connection with Hazoret, but that's about it.

SJWs sincerelly believe nobody would be racist if white people didn't exist.
In fact I have never been called beaner, wetback, etc. by anyone but african-americans and my asian business pals (I'm in land develoment) have had similar experiences.

Literally what are you talking about?

Nobody cares, spic.

Yeah if humans were 80+% by number and in control see USA before whites dropped to 60

Sure, why not? It's not like the conflict or conflicts central to the game have to be RACE X vs RACE Y.

It's alright wetback, you don't need to overcompensate because you're illegal. Unlike my grandfather who moved here legally.

If everyone is vegetarian sure. Otherwise no.

>capybara alignment chart is just 9 squares of Neutral Good

Can this animal befriend anything?

>before whites dropped to 60
So the period after we killed all the people who were already here?
When we were killing each other over whether or not it was okay to own people?
Or after that, when it wasn't okay to own those people, but it was still okay to murder them?
Your definition of "getting along" could use some work.

Start with and then lead into and An initial external threat forced races to band together in various places, and they ended up forming nations in the process. By the time the threat is removed, the national identities are more important than species lines. (This is aided to some extent by )

For added fun, have different racial mixtures in different regions, but multiple nations per region. So nationalistic conflicts between members of the same races, and then members of other races are viewed as foreign and exotic. Sometimes, they might even be treated with less discrimination than members of nearby nations, on the grounds that they're from far enough away that you don't have any reason to HATE them--they're just weird.

You'd need a gimmick to make it believable. "Us versus them" is deeply embedded into the human instinct. Racial, national, sports, whatever. So you'd need to replace "them" with something. Another country, or alien threat, or undead, or just anything that people perceive as a higher priority than leveraging some manner of game theory on one another.

>tumblr babies pretending to be pochos

Halfie here. Grandpa really did come here legally, and I do hate illegals. Don't give a fuck about anyone who came here legally though.

Cool story bro. What does that have to do with niggers being the most racist people in america?
They want us gone, doesn't matter if we're legal or not. Chinks, Micks and Chucos take Ypipo's attention's away from the only poor people who have ever been opressed and discriminated against in 'murrika.

I suppose that between humans, elves, and dwarves, intermixing populations over years (especially if they can breed with eachother) would make it easy. I can imagine it being treated like race is, so certainly possible to coexist.
Any race with immortality is probably going to have issues with a mortal race, provided they don't worship it.

The colonies of various races had to band together to survive or they would be killed by the ancient empire that found them. Sprinkle in a new religion that says all races can be the "holy people" and you've got a recipe for racial harmony. The races don't get along everywhere, but they do here, and they do not get along with the non-believers.

Final Fantasy XIV? Unless you count the beast tribes but even they get along with people if you do their quests.

The Alliance forces have members of all races and they all get along.

>SJWs sincerelly believe nobody would be racist if white people didn't exist.

That's because they're retarded. 90% of the problems in the Middle East and Africa isn't the fault of white people, it's because they're still literally practicing ethnic cleansing in their tribal wars.

You have to go full Tau, with a ruling cast controling all the races, having them work together for some greater cause.
And of course behind the scenes there's a lot of brainwashing and removal of the undesirables.

Society of misfits and outcasts, and other that escape persecution.

Do you not know how America came about?

A Necromancer has enslaved all the different fantasy races into undead hordes who no longer fight one another.

He thinks skin color is somehow important. Of course he can not think.

Fast forward and get the most racist place on earth.

History and politics will tell you that the current station is a direct result of "western" interventions there.

But you are /pol/. Facts don't matter to you. Only memes.

Go back to fucking /pol/ you worthless, mindless, inconsiderate asshats.

>History and politics will tell you that the current station is a direct result of "western" interventions there
No, it'll tell you that what is happening is what would be happening regardless of western powers drawing borders or not.

Sounds nice user, my setting is similar where one of the main themes is "Everybody's just human" and the world is slowly moving along to everyone getting along, at least when it comes to racial differences.