You guys do realize this will be the death of GW right? In just a few years time...

You guys do realize this will be the death of GW right? In just a few years time, all store shelves that were once flooded with 40k and age of smegma overpriced kits and terrible rules will be replaced with these 2 games, and the wargaming world will be better off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA&t
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Star_Wars)#Themes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure nigga, the normie filth that watches GoT and SW are widely known to be so invested in their fandom to buy some shit miniatures they have to paint and go play wargames to the bar. Fuck off.

The writing's on the walls for games like aos and 40k. People are fed up with shit rules, and are willing to move on to superior rule sets. This is why xwing got so popular.

>normie filth
Shit negroid, who pissed in your cornflakes?
Did the boys in the locker room laugh at you? Or worse, do they like the same things as you but also happen to be functional members of society?

>Dropzone Commander will be the 40k killer!
>the Halo minis game will be the 40k killer!
>AT-42 will be the 40k killer!

I like SW and GoT.
But miniwargames based on them sound shit. I don't want to see it.

It's people calling the latest FPS game "Halo killers" or the latest MMO "WoW killers" all over again.
Sure is 2005 in here.

This. Also desu who really gives a shit. Let Gw have more competition to keep them on their toes. I'm liking their new "overpriced kits".

>This is why xwing got so popular.

Xwing is popular because it's fucking Star Wars.

If FFG had instead chosen to base the game on Warhammer 40,000 air combat with prepainted minis, instead of Star Wars, with the exact same rules, it would have died out within a year of release.

See: Wings of Glory

LoL

>dropzone (lmao)
>spartan games
>pedro
lol literally no one ever said that unless they were tarded

Oh look, it's the D*sney shill, taking some time off from astroturfing /co/ and /tv/, or maybe on break from damage controlling the dumpster fire that is MvCI on /v/. How's the shilling career treating you?

>He is completely clueless

Take your meds lad

Whatever, fags. I'm screen capping this thread, and 2 years from now, you will see I am right.

>killing GW
Yeah, biggest miniature company, that makes some of the best miniatures, with a line so popular it took a generic name and made it its own. It is only a matter of days before GW collapse, sell your minis now, they will be worthless soon.

>death of GW
Honestly, I hope it comes close. Why? It would force them to reevaluate how they do things or die. Will it get close? Fuck no. But we can always dream of a better tomorrow.

>kickstarter or not
Unless it gets a massssive retail presence after the fact, the GoT game won't be booting anyone out, even though the miniatures look great.

As for FFG, who knows. The need for terrain and lack of pre-painted is going to scare away the casuals they've accumulated through X-Wing. I don't think the miniatures look very great, but star wars fans aren't really known for their high standards.

>>the Halo minis game will be the 40k killer!
Did that actually get released? The hype was building and then it just disappeared.

>and then it just disappeared.
Because after it got released, Spartan saw a squirrel

Every star wars miniature game has been widely popular so far so it's a sure thing.

Oh wait...

We've been hearing "final nail in the coffin for GW!" for something like almost 10 years running now, and then just had their stock more than double and climb up to the highest point it has EVER BEEN after the release of 8th edition.

Good luck with that "death of GW" dream, lol.

t. not a troll thread

Actually i am sick of the big IP licenses. That includes SW, ASOIAF and Warhammer.

It is pretty possible that Star Wars Legion will be shit, so big miniatures and boardgame+1 rules. And will suffer the same problem as the other SW games: expansion creep with an awful way to upgrade old things.

The meme series games looks pretty cool but will end like LOTR.

The real GW killer needs "your dudes" part for the sake of the hobby

May be the same fag, may be different. But another user argued the exact same thing about soiaf being the biggest wargame on the market in another thread.

Poor poor soul

I could see how a GoT mini game could outsell age of shitcunts, in fact it could be an interesting game with very varied armies, but 40k being overtaken by Star Wars?

In your fucking dreams mate.

I'm excited for Legion and can it see it getting popular, but it isn't going to effect 40k at all.

Or D&D attack wing.

this is going to be like the 4th Starwars wargame. The others didn't kill GW and neither will this.

The Kirby era of GW couldn't even kill GW and now it's risen from the ashes three times stronger with the advent of 8th ed 40k, the most popular edition in history, and there are still people who think some janky flavor of the month games are going to kill it? Holy shit the delusion.

>This is why xwing got so popular.
Nothing to do with the fact that it's prepainted and tied to the biggest franchise of all time, I'm sure

That's an interesting point, it did really well for a few years, and many say it had the superior ruleset, but even though minis are still being produced for it (or at least the Hobbit) it's not much now the films are more than a decade in the past and the Hobbits turned out awful.
Probably did a lot of good introducing potential players to 40k and fantasy though

GW's not going anywhere though

Lord of the rings did ridiculously well when they used to sell the magazine combo that had a whole bunch of cool shit and tips AND some models for a very good price.

>These games will kill 40k!
>Oh, like those other games were going to?
>N-no, nobody ever said that!!
Right. Screen-cap away, b8r.

>star wars legion
I've talked with a LOT of X-Wing players, and only a few of them are even remotely interested in that. They say fantasy flight games has been on a pump and dump shovelware fling for a long time, and Legion won't be any exception. They're actually rather miffed about how fantasy flight is treating them, and X-Wing is starting to lose a bit of popularity.

>Game of Thrones miniature game
Few if any normies will play it. Either too nerdy, too time consuming (minis come in coloured plastic, look like shit), or they don't care about miniatures to begin with. For most tabletop wargamers, the miniatures are okay but not all that impressive. Great stand-ins for armies in other games like Kings of War, Warhammer Fantasy Battles or Age of Skidmark, but that's about it.

Saw a game of Legion play.

Lots of bullshit specialty dice, specialty movement bars, and an insane amount of playing cards and tokens for me to want to go over to it.

Kek.
Requesting the original pic as I can't find it.

GoT will have about as much legs as a wargame as LotR did, that is to say a big boost and then nothing.

>normie filth

Go back to /pol/.

b-but Disney said the Empire are white supremacists

>mfw you automatically associate normie with /pol/ even though it has been an /r9k/ meme since the boards creation

Fuck off newfag.

0.05RMB has been deposited in your account

The SW minis look neat and the GoT minis look super amazing, so I'm not bothered.

>the GoT minis look super amazing
Really?
They're incredibly static and details are merely acceptable. Also, promo minis already having bent swords is a very bad sign, check Clegane in the background of

Nigga where you been the past 2 years? They have massively changed as a company for the better, Jesus.

C U R V E D S W O R D S

And once GW dies, a good company can buy the rights to WH and WH40K and create actually good games with them. Everyone wins!

>People are fed up with shit rules, and are willing to move on to superior rule sets.
Objectively untrue, 5e and 3.PF are still a major thing.

>1 YR RETURN 266.24%

This is all based on the increases in sales before 8th hit the shelves. You cry your salty tears, I'll be over here in my big pile of money. In fact, I think I might go and buy some more shares so I can reap all the rewards when OP's prediction proves false.

What?

The first character you meet from New Order is Finn, a black dude

Disney wouldn't lie about that

>implying

The rights will get bought up by some big company who will sit on them for decades before releasing an animated series only tangetially related which will still be better than the original fluff

I guess Finn could be a black white supremacist, I learnt me about Tyrone Biggums from Chapelle

>when you want to create a race war so hard you ignore your own movies, books, shows etc
Hope Disney explodes, fucking kikes

user learn your redpill 101. The Jews don't want the race war, they want to perpetuate miscegination and culture mixing while dogmatically enforcing ethno-religious-centrisim in Israel to erode the western world until it's nothing but a sock puppet for them.

Y'know, tongue in cheek, the fantasy setting /pol/ has constructed for itself might be fun to roleplay in

Legion will easily destroy 40k

>Opposed by a multicultural group led by brave women

direct quote of a star wars movie writer

you could, I suppose, LIKEN the Empire to white supremacists, in that they play favorites to the human race and generally suppress and look down upon non humans. And the major leaders of the rebellion did tend to be women

Will Legion have the same miniature quality as Runewars or Imperial Assault?

Because if it does, I don't see it drawing the hobbyists away from other wargames.

top kek

Oh look, it's one of the small ARMY of GW shills who infest this site, taking some time off from Shitposting 40k memes on other boards, or maybe on break from damage controlling the toilet fire that is Age of Smegmar. How's the shilling career treating you?

>5 cents has been deposited into your account

This is so close to the truth its not even funny.
Listen, if these came prepainted, than sure there would me more interest. However, most people don't want to paint their shit. X Wing is fun because its a "drop in-get out game". These clearly another time to invest in the hobby, and while I think Legion is probably gonna get players, CMON GoT has two things going against it:
1- its GoT, a series that as much it has "armies" they are not really as important to the setting like most people say, in fact, if the Unsullied was part of these I think more people would be interested because they show up far more (with Greyworm being their captain).

2-GoT is getting its final season soon, and the interest of the setting might die after it. George is not finishing the series. Most people accepted that.

3-Apparently it has rules too close to fantasy, and dude, seriously as much as I liked fantasy, that game was a mess and annoying to play. All the movement in trays wasnt as stategic as people wanted, it was far more a hindrance.

First of all - Legion is crap game in the mechanics department. It is unnecesary complicated by rulest that dont add depth or anything. GoT will reach its final season and hype will end - there will be another show and people will forget.

Sadly for poorfags like you GW is doing everything right this time.

Lol, two more DOA games from FFG and CMON.

SW doesn't have real armies either. All the battles in the movies were either space sbattles or skirmishes. Even Oth (or how it is written) in the second movie was basically flyers Vs walkers.

>death of GW
>overpriced kits and terrible rules will be replaced
>the wargaming world will be better off.

>LouisCKSomethingNice.jpg

>You guys do realize this will be the death of GW right?
Nope, GW still pretty big and GoT are kickstarter project, but I could see how these games hunt 40k down to GW owns stores.
Also, GoT starter totally beats any GW starter box.
>40kfan
>whinning about normies
>but 40k being overtaken by Star Wars?
Outside GW-stores? Easily.

>Lol, two more DOA games from FFG and CMON.
Like X-wing?

>GoT will reach its final season
In 2018/19
>GW is doing everything right this time.
By doing the same?

You know, the Confederate South literally used black soldiers in their armies, right?

Allowing a class of people to serve as your meatgrinder grunt unit isn't exactly airtight proof that you respect them highly as human beings.

>meatgrinder grunt
youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA&t

>post a vid of a white shadow stormtrooper, an elite unit that are literally called special forces in the vid, to prove that Finn, a member of the First Order stormtroopers that were the basic infantry of the empire, was not a meatgrinder grunt
Want to try that again?

>White
>shitskin
>white

GoT and SW:L will be lucky to carve their own niche, not to mention survive. As much as I'd like GW to have healthy competition, I don't think it will come from either of these two

>b-but Disney said the Empire are white supremacists
Lead storm trooper is a woman. The Starkiller gunner is a black woman. Snoke is Armenian. The leader of the new order military is a ginger.

>white

Fucking Americans, Indians are not white. Also she's part of "Inferno Squad", a new OC SF unit for Battlefront.

>GoT and SW:L will be lucky to carve their own niche,
GoT will take niche of fantasy-historical wargames, Legions will try skirmish niche if FFG will be smart.

Who the fuck let /pol/ out of their cage?

I swear to god that quests were better than this shit.

I guess by that logic Darth Vader isn't white either lol.

Eh, shills just know that the con-lib divide is good bait.

Who is "team Lannisters" here?

>fantasy-historical
What on earth does that mean? Low magic?

>Who the fuck let /pol/ out of their cage?
It isn't /pol/, it's just trolls who have figured out the easiest way to de-rail a thread is to race bait.

Team "Wait for house baratheon" here.

>What on earth does that mean? Low magic?
Both.

Yeah, sure, let's replace an original interesting setting with two blatant cash-grabbers based on overrated TV shows and movies based on overrated books which will be forgotten once those shows/movies end just like it happened with LotR.

Only for Jaime, my friend.

>nu-GW
>original interesting setting

>nu-
Fuck off.

Shitty bait.

>warhammer
>original interesting setting

Star Wars creator George Lucas sought to make the Galactic Empire aesthetically and thematically similar to Nazi Germany and to appear to be fascist.[4]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Star_Wars)#Themes

Warhammer isn't a liscensed game
Also, game of thrones will cease being relevant within the next few years

Game of Thrones won't be a good tabletop game or RTS for that matter. It's not about the battles, the armies are all fairly similar to each other. It's about the characters/politics.

he says while x-wing is beating 40k

>inb4 chart based on surveys of a handful of US stores

Legion seems to sit in an awkward position between normie games like x-wing and serious business miniatures wargames. I honestly don't expect it to turn out to be exceptionally popular, I'm sure it'll see a decent amount of play at clubs though.

The GT game I couldn't even hope to predict, AoS is kind of dead, even in a lot of GW stores, the barely coherent state of the initial release didn't help it and 8th edition 40k has basically sidelined AoS in GW stores. The Kickstarter page for asoiaf also indicates that they're coming out with a pretty decent range of armies for that product, so it might do pretty well.

My only concern for asoiaf is that it might not be fantasy enough.

Hey, if you're going to declare the race of the trooper character based who does her voice, it applies.

Holy shit, do you seriously believe this?

>Fuck off.
Nice argument

>the armies are all fairly similar to each other.
So just like GW games

As nice as yours.